Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/15/2015 1:44:12 PM EDT
Airman Article

Alleged Female Airman Goes Off in Scathing Letter About Sexual Harassment Training: ‘You Disgust Me’ and ‘Made Me Into a Helpless Whore’
View Quote

You made me a victim today, and I am nobody’s victim. I am an American Airman in the most powerful Air Force in the world, and you made me into a helpless whore. A sensitive, defenseless woman who has no power to protect herself, who has nothing in common with the men she works with. You made me untouchable, and by doing that you made me a target. You gave me a transparent parasol, called it an umbrella and told me to stand idly by while you placed everything from rape to inappropriate shoulder brushes in a crowded hallway underneath it.
View Quote

I spent 10 years in the AF, and I've been thru SARC training more times then I can remember, but what I do remember is a guy in my squadron, who was charged with rape, charges dropped on first day of GCM. Seems texting your rapist for 7 months after it happened and how your gonna scream rape if he doesn't marry you, gets you off the hook.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
They usually take care of that all by themselves.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Stockholm Syndrome?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I am trying to get to the point. I assume she is saying that she can avoid being raped all by herself.

instead of blaming the instructor, she should be blaming her fellow female airmen.

if I am reading her correctly.

I'd say she sounds hysterical, but I don't want to trigger anybody right now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am trying to get to the point. I assume she is saying that she can avoid being raped all by herself.

instead of blaming the instructor, she should be blaming her fellow female airmen.

View Quote

Maybe, but when you take the emotional charge out of it she makes some very good points.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It's time we start punishing proven false accusations with incredible zeal. I mean serious jail time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well stop dropping all of those damn Coke bombs all the damn time..
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stockholm Syndrome?
View Quote

No

The sexual harassment policy is so far beyond any common sense that the woman feels like it is ruining her life.

They created a system where she can point her finger at someone and ruin the guy's career.

Some women (feminists) are sociopaths and love that kind of power over men.

The woman who wrote the letter feels diminished and isolated by it

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Somebody needs to get smacked in the face.
edit: ok, maybe not. But she definitely needs to calm down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Am I the only one who laughed when I saw "Alleged Female Airman?"

Sometimes, you really can't tell they're female, huh?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's time we start punishing proven false accusations with incredible zeal. I mean serious jail time.
View Quote

This.....I brought that up in a SHARP/Rapey Stare briefing and about false accusation accountability.  I never did get an answer even after I yelled at them to just answer the fucking question.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

nope

read my post above

she doesn't want to be part of the brain-dead PC farce

she doesn't want to be treated like a helpless victim

she says so in plain English

some people are offended by being patronized and coddled

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#12]
If they would just let her into Ranger school and change the standards so she could pass she would be happy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say she's not much to look at.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#15]
the woman who wrote the letter is right on the money

she is disgusted by political correctness

she doesn't like being treated like a helpless victim

how can you guys not see that, it's literally the topic of the entire letter
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stockholm Syndrome?
View Quote

No, feminism elitism, or rather the effects of it..

One of the underpinnings of feminist political causes is that women, especially minority and poor women, are helpless. They simply cannot be independent and self reliant.  All men will take advantage and abuse them. A woman's only recourse is other women and/or the State. So sexual harassment training turns into this cartoonish exercise where every man, who only thinks with his dick, must restrain himself from raping every woman within reach.  But this has the effect of turning women into mindless sexual automaton's, who only have one thing men value and whose opinion on their own sexuality is irrelevant.

That's why calls for women to carry handguns get brushed off by the feminist leadership - women can't POSSIBLY defend themselves, so they basically must agree to be victims in the knowledge that, in some nebulous future, rape won't exist.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe I'm just retarded, but I don't understand a word of what she said.

Basically if I'm understanding her, she is claiming that she doesn't want to be a victim, and that the AF made her feel like a victim. Now she's a victim of being made a victim, which she doesn't want to be, but she seems to embrace it whole-heartedly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Err'body getting raped up in here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
She is calling out the stupid 'women are fragile victims' bullshit they shove down our throats, and she is right.

You told me, and everyone else who was listening to you this morning that I had a right to dictate what they said. That I had a right to dictate what they looked at. That I had a right to dictate what they listened to. That somehow, in my shop, I was the only person who mattered. That they can’t listen to the radio because they might play the Beatles, or Sir Mix-A-Lot, and that I might be offended. That if someone plays a Katy Perry song, I might have flashbacks to a night where I made a bad decision. I might be hurt, and I’m fragile right? Of course I am, you made me that way.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I got out of it... She tired of her special class (or class assigned to all females) and just wants to be part of the team and treated like everyone else.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

They can't see it because they can't relate to women in a non-sexual manner.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She came off as being hysterical to me. If her message was worded more calmly, perhaps it would be better recieved.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#23]
FACEPALM
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, there's a bit of emotion involved.  The gist of it is that labeling everything as sexual harassment is bullshit and does more harm than good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well, there's a bit of emotion involved.  The gist of it is that labeling everything as sexual harassment is bullshit and does more harm than good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey! The DoD has spent a lot of time and money to convince me I'm a rapist and sexual harasser. Now you're telling me this isn't true? Next thing you're gonna tell me is Santa Claus ate the Easter Bunny.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Basically if I'm understanding her, she is claiming that she doesn't want to be a victim, and that the AF made her feel like a victim. Now she's a victim of being made a victim, which she doesn't want to be, but she seems to embrace it whole-heartedly.
View Quote

I see her point.  She is complaining that the establishment is making her out to be some fragile china doll because of her gender, and she believes it is going to put a wedge in between herself and her male coworkers when she wants to prove she can tow the line just as men can.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If her message was worded more calmly, perhaps it would be better recieved.
View Quote

Agreed. She was on the money, but could have gone about it better.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

nope

read my post above

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nope

read my post above

That's how I read it.

All she missed is some stats about actual victims showing how many are men, to directly attack the underlying premise.

The whole training program has been taken over by feminist "rape culture" types, and it's ridiculous. I can see why a woman would be offended.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I see her point.  She is complaining that the establishment is making her out to be some fragile china doll because of her gender, and she believes it is going to put a wedge in between herself and her male coworkers when she wants to prove she can tow the line just as men can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

toe the line.

toe
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hey! The DoD has spent a lot of time and money to convince me I'm a rapist and sexual harasser. Now you're telling me this isn't true? Next thing you're gonna tell me is Santa Claus ate the Easter Bunny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Embrace your heterocage.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds angry enough to garner her own fan club.    Someone should send her an invite.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly because of PC shit the writer is complaining about.  If she could do 100 pushups, got a tattoo, and got drunk and beat up people on leave I doubt the guys would see her differently for too much longer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#34]
So how much is she charging for sex?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

toe the line.

toe
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

toe the line.

toe

Whoops!  I thought it was "Tow the line" as in someone pulling on a rope just like everyone else is, rather than everyone standing in a perfectly straight line.

Now that I think about it, I still like the context behind "Tow the Line" better so I'm sticking with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

She's right. If I was a male in the military I would not even talk to a woman.
View Quote

That's called 'being in the Navy', I believe.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or she has Daddy issues. (Dad wanted a son)

Women kill me.

First they bitch about the boy's club and now they bitch they can't be part of it.

Take you're pick ladies. You can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Women kill me.

First they bitch about the boy's club and now they bitch they can't be part of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women kill me.

Where do you get she's ever bitched about "the boy's club?"
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#39]
You should see what happens when a man makes the same points about how ridiculous the system is and it has a negative impact on mission accomplishment and troop welfare.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, in that case, the Marine Corps made me an alcoholic.  According to them if you drink more than 3 beers in one sitting, ever get puking drunk, drink more than a case a week, drink more than 1-2 times a week, or ever get drunk and "have an incident," CONGRATULATIONS!, you're an alky.  By my estimate, 99% of the Marines I served with were alkies.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as only a minute number of sexual assaults/rapes get reported in the first place, that will never, ever happen.

Once there is close to a 90% versus a 10% reporting rate, something like that may occur.  Until then, they will never do anything which might even remotely suppress reporting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]
The women who appreciate sexual harassment ruined it for the rest.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women kill me.

"You are the reason I room alone when I deploy. You are the reason that wives are terrified that their husbands are cheating on them when they leave, and I leave with them. When I walk into a room and people are laughing and having a good time, you are the reason they take one look at me and either stop talking or leave. "
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, isolation used to start at SFC and up for professionals (ratio of people you know and like to people you're allowed to hang out with) For the professional female, it starts at E1. It's a sad life when your male peers don't wan anything to do with you because they're worried about their careers/paychecks.

Army enlisted females have two options now.

Fuck everyone so they all feel comfortable around you knowing your complaints will have no substance.

And be an isolated, stoic cunt who does her job and does pt and is ignored by everyone (males and slampig females). What's the point of serving when you peers can even feel safe around you. Like having aids in the 80s.

At least they used to have option c - do you shit, act like a soldier (guy) and get treated like a solider.

Maybe this is all a master plan by libs to get females OUT of the army?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

So probation?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Maybe, but when you take the emotional charge out of it she makes some very good points.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be pretty angry too if I thought someone was making me into a social pariah at work under the guise of helping me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Lotta people not readin' up in this bitch.  Dead on.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Airman Article

Alleged Female Airman Goes Off in Scathing Letter About Sexual Harassment Training: ‘You Disgust Me’ and ‘Made Me Into a Helpless Whore’
View Quote

You made me a victim today, and I am nobody’s victim. I am an American Airman in the most powerful Air Force in the world, and you made me into a helpless whore. A sensitive, defenseless woman who has no power to protect herself, who has nothing in common with the men she works with. You made me untouchable, and by doing that you made me a target. You gave me a transparent parasol, called it an umbrella and told me to stand idly by while you placed everything from rape to inappropriate shoulder brushes in a crowded hallway underneath it.
View Quote

I spent 10 years in the AF, and I've been thru SARC training more times then I can remember, but what I do remember is a guy in my squadron, who was charged with rape, charges dropped on first day of GCM. Seems texting your rapist for 7 months after it happened and how your gonna scream rape if he doesn't marry you, gets you off the hook.
View Quote

As an Air Force person I guarantee the powers that be in the Air Force are DESPERATELY trying to figure out who this woman is...

And she'll be a civilian in the morning if they can find out. She should keep her head down and not say another word outside a pseudonym.

She has violated possibly the most important rule possible: Never Challenge The Bullshit.

The bullshit expands out of everything from Fit To Fight (Which totally *ISN'T* a force shaping tool ) to the idea that the biggest priorities to the Air Force isn't keeping airplanes in the air putting warheads on hadji foreheads. It's telling people not to kill themselves and don't rape anyone. Actually learning your job comes a distant last.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some people fail at reading comprehension.

Some of them would surprise you if you knew what they do in the real world.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Government Computer Doubletap
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top