Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
There is 15% off for the rest of the day code: inaflash

Thanks op, got a jobox that was already in my cart and saved a $100
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys over at garagejournal said that Miller rebates have worked in the past (not necessarily an indicator of future viability).

I'm going to let my order stand and submit the rebate forms with the Zoro receipt.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274166&page=27
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The guys over at garagejournal said that Miller rebates have worked in the past (not necessarily an indicator of future viability).

I'm going to let my order stand and submit the rebate forms with the Zoro receipt.

View Quote
They way I look at it, it should be clear cut and dry. If it's not and there is no clear answer, then I assume that it's too good to be true. Although 30% off their price is great if you don't want the spooler, IMO

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They way I look at it, it should be clear cut and dry. If it's not and there is no clear answer, then I assume that it's too good to be true. Although 30% off their price is great if you don't want the spooler, IMO  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want it all!

And by God I'll get it!

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would this be a good welder to learn on?  Buy once, cry once and all that...  and I've been meaning to get into welding.

Thoughts?

View Quote

MIG is great to learn on, and the 211 is a fantastic hobby welder. Can reliably weld up to 3/8" steel with it, and it's high quality. Bear in mind you'd need to pick up a cylinder of gas for it as well from your local welding supply shop.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks OP, order in!
View Quote

Mine showed up yesterday.
They frickin overnighted it and n/c for shipping.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks OP, order in!

Yeah, their shipping is crazy fast. I got a notice that everything on my order had been shipped within hours of submitting it. My order is coming from CA to WA. Tracking indicates that it is already in the next city over from me (UPS hub) and is scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Being that close, maybe it will arrive today!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Well these showed up today:

Receipt and promotional offer paperwork submitted.

Fingers crossed.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That is a fantastic deal.

I'd love to jump on it, but just can't justify the expense right now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Snip
View Quote

I ordered one not long after you posted and it shows that it still hasn't been picked up by UPS.  

Man, I hope that rebate and spool kit voucher works!  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well these showed up today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/SD70MAC/20CA57D7-B78B-44BD-B99B-5609127C24FA_zpsgwaisqhp.jpg

Receipt and promotional offer paperwork submitted.

Fingers crossed.

View Quote

Same here - and
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, wish I saw this.

Wanted to get a pelican 65qt cooler. Already a great price and was waiting for a 30% sale.

Bought a Weather guard toolbox on black Friday last year and got 30% off. Shipped overnight too.  Zoro rocks with the promo codes
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Dammit!  

I missed out

I woulda loved to have the 211.  But I did score a Millermatic 180 Autoset with a cart from Grainger a few years ago for $385
It would have been nice to weld thicker stuff without having to fire up my Syncrowave...
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I received this email from Miller this morning:

We have received your submission and everything looks good.

We are currently running 3 - 5 weeks for processing rebate checks (which will mail USPS) and 2 weeks for the Spoolgun (shipping via UPS direct from Miller).  Please allow sufficient time for your rebate check and free Spoolgun to arrive.

Thank you!

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome Boomer! I was worried but that makes me feel a little better. Did you have to send the bar code?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Awesome Boomer! I was worried but that makes me feel a little better. Did you have to send the bar code?
View Quote

All I did was write the serial number of the welder and the purchase price on the rebate/free spool gun offer form where indicated. The receipt I received from Zoro via email did not list each item with it's corresponding discount, but rather the full list prices, a total, and then the 30% discount applied from that. I simply circled the $1267.03 price of the welder on the receipt. Then I scanned the rebate/free spool gun form and the Zoro receipt/invoice into a .pdf file and attached it to an appropriately titled email with a brief message about the submitted documents and sent it off to [email protected].

So far this has been an excellent purchasing experience. VERY satisfied.

If they keep these sales up, I have a feeling my wallet is going to hate Zoro.

Now I just need to get a tank of C25.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

All I did was write the serial number of the welder and the purchase price on the rebate/free spool gun offer form where indicated. The receipt I received from Zoro via email did not list each item with it's corresponding discount, but rather the full list prices, a total, and then the 30% discount applied from that. I simply circled the $1267.03 price of the welder on the receipt. Then I scanned the rebate/free spool gun form and the Zoro receipt/invoice into a .pdf file and attached it to an appropriately titled email with a brief message about the submitted documents and sent it off to [email protected].

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you put into the price paid area of the rebate flyer?  Original price or discounted price?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What did you put into the price paid area of the rebate flyer?  Original price or discounted price?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Original price, $1267.03.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put the discounted price of $886.92 - also for the $400 in accessories, they want the discounted (actual) price paid.  I received the same email, said everything looked good and that they were backlogged on rebate checks and spool guns about 3-5 weeks.

Can't believe we were able to pick up a 211 w/ spool gun for $686!  Thanks Boomer
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, according to tracking, mine never left the warehouse. I called yesterday and they said they would take care of it.  Still no movement today so I called again. It is out of stock until June 8. . If the rebate works it is an amazing deal but damn.

ETA On the bright side, it will give me time to see if y'all's rebates work, so I can cancel the order if it doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
and here I am

reading a thread

about tools I don't know how to use.
View Quote

You and me both.  But I want to know how.  I'll have to keep this in mind.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#24]
We are currently running 3 - 5 weeks for processing rebate checks (which will mail USPS) and 2 weeks for the Spoolgun (shipping via UPS direct from Miller).  Please allow sufficient time for your rebate check and free Spoolgun to arrive.
Thank you!

Melissa Keough
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#25]

To postban  

Thank you!

Melissa Keough
View Quote

WOOT!

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I picked up the Miller 375 plasma cutter on this deal, it's one impressive little box. How were you made aware of the Zoro flash sale? I need to get a 211 now.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I picked up the Miller 375 plasma cutter on this deal, it's one impressive little box. How were you made aware of the Zoro flash sale? I need to get a 211 now.
View Quote

After seeing that Miller was offering the rebate and free spool gun, I started checking prices and looking for discounts and came across threads on other sites discussing the Zoro flash sales. So less than two weeks ago I went to Zoro's website and signed up for their email list. Being that the last 30% off last sale was just last month, I was expecting it to be a while before they offered another one. But then last Thursday I got a email notification that they were going to have another flash sale on Friday. So I went to their site, loaded up my cart and submitted my order within a minute of the opening of the sale.

Someone on another website was speaking to Zoro's customer service and was told that these flash sales are offered four times a year.  Already starting to think about what I might want, errrr I mean need next time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#28]
This just arrived:

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#29]

I just wish there was clarification that they are an authorized distributor .... not sure why this info is such a closely guarded secret.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just wish there was clarification that they are an authorized distributor .... not sure why this info is such a closely guarded secret.  
View Quote

Well here is my take on it: Zoro may not be an "authorized distributor", and Miller may not care about it too much. Or maybe we just slipped through the cracks. From Miller's perspective, a welder sold may be a welder sold regardless of what distribution channel it went through. I also suspect that it is an independent marketing agency that is handling the promotional offers. So from their perspective if you have a legitimate serial number and sales receipt, you are good to go.

Anyhow, I can't really blame someone for not wanting to take a chance on something that isn't 100% spelled out, slight as it may be. On the other hand, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm just happy that it worked out. This really is an outstanding deal. The only thing I would do differently would be to buy more Miller gear to qualify for the $400 rebate.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Final update of the thread:

It all worked.

What a deal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to get a miller multimatic 200 next time this sale happens.

I need a stick welder that's not my huge ass bobcat 250.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#33]
UPDATE: Zoro is having a 25% off Flash Sale today, 7/28. Not as great of a deal as the 30% off, but still damn good! Promo code SUMMERSAVER
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#34]
7/31/15 is the last day to get the free spool gun with the 211, not as good as the 30% off but still a good deal with the spool gun & rebate.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck, just bought a RRA National Match rifle and buying a Stihl MS661 :|

Always next time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#36]
What's the difference between the 211 and the 212?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What's the difference between the 211 and the 212?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Money's tight but this is a dang good deal. Damn you ARFCOM!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#39]
My wife is going to kill me.

How quick were they to ship to you using the standard shipping?  The mail in for the spool looks like it has to be sent in by 8-14.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

How quick were they to ship to you using the standard shipping?  The mail in for the spool looks like it has to be sent in by 8-14.
View Quote

They ship fast, or at least mine did.  Welder shipped day after ordering and was here within 3 days (west coast).  MN might be 5 days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

They emailed me a .pdf invoice copy a day or so after I ordered.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered the 211 and the 375!  I hope I get my receipt in time to get the spool gun.  
Zoro.com better be an authorized dealer.  Just dropped a lot of clam here due to the 400$ rebate deal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#43]
yeah I'm debating it--I reckon if it doesn't work then I still get a 211 for $900 or so though
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Wagner Power Painter Max Flow 5.4 GPH, Zoro = $114.48, Home Depot = $69.00 (love number). Pass right now on Zoro.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wagner Power Painter Max Flow 5.4 GPH, Zoro = $114.48, Home Depot = $69.00 (love number). Pass right now on Zoro.
View Quote

Got a place better than zoro for this welder deal?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been dragging my feet on buying a garage/farm size welder... Since I don't know how to weld.  lol

But I want to learn.

I bought one today.  Thanks Boomer.  

I could've bought a Hobart similar in size for close to "after rebate" cost but the solo gun sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:16:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Saved just under $300 on some goodies!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Update on my deal, ZORO sold me both items and now has one item on back order.  I already paid for it, they told me that I was safe when I ordered and I pushed the button on my cell phone to place the order while I was on the phone with the.  They rest assured me that It would ship out today... NOT THE CASE.   I ended up having to cancel my 211 welder order and place it with cyberweld.com   It cost me about 150$ more (would have been 225 more if I hadn't had to pay tax on the welder with zoro.)  Be aware, when working with a tight timeline to get the spool for free, you can get screwed.  If cyberweld doesn't send my receipt and ship it out on time, I'm screwed at all angles.  Still getting a good deal, just sucks that it's not nearly as good as once thought.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking on the site and I can't find the 211...help?

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Looking on the site and I can't find the 211...help?
View Quote

First off, the 25% off sale at Zoro is over. If you still want to get in on the free Spoolmate deal, your best bet is to order a 211 from somewhere like Welder's Supply. You will end up paying $915 overall, which obviously isn't as good as the $769 that the same setup would have cost from Zoro with the now-expired 25% discount, but that is still a damn good price for a brand new 211 and spoolgun.

If you are still just dying to find the 211 on Zoro, search for 907422. It is about $175 more than at the link above.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top