BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In related news, pistol-forum just posted the El Prez as their Drill of the Week...

...to be shot at 25 yards.  
View Quote

nopenopenopenopenope
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I get out to my land, get my targets set up, and it starts to pour.

FML
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
adsljfhalksjfvbakjwnfvjrasdfkhasdkf

Just realized I don't have any USPSA targets. All my LGS has are the useless IDPA silhouettes.

I don't care if you just use paper on a cardboard backer. As long as the measurements are right

I get out to my land, get my targets set up, and it starts to pour.

FML

Got to go out in the morning here right now. Otherwise you'll probably get a storm on top of ya.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In related news, pistol-forum just posted the El Prez as their Drill of the Week...

...to be shot at 25 yards.  
View Quote

That's hilarious!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did a couple runs in between thunderstorms. My best was like an 81% or something. I'll edit them tonight. Lots of bloopers for this one.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just did a couple runs in between thunderstorms. My best was like an 81% or something. I'll edit them tonight. Lots of bloopers for this one.
View Quote

Bloopers
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I shot my Production gun and Limited gun for comparison.   First two runs with the 9mm were 100% and 99% which were the best two.  Did several after just messing around and didn't score as high.  I suppose that's a good thing.

Videos will be up later.  Only had one good blooper with a bad reload.

View Quote

I hate you
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hate you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shot my Production gun and Limited gun for comparison.   First two runs with the 9mm were 100% and 99% which were the best two.  Did several after just messing around and didn't score as high.  I suppose that's a good thing.

Videos will be up later.  Only had one good blooper with a bad reload.

I hate you

Don't worry. I'll be much lower
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is my best run, despite the slowwww reload. Bloopers are at the end. With all of the ammo problems I was having and some other sloppy mistakes, I only shot 3 clean runs (70%, 79%, 83%).

83.2% (Production)
Time: 6.32
HF: 8.5443
Glock 34 gen4, 13lb stainless Jager guide rod/spring, Sevigny sights, Perfecta 115gr ammo

1.22 Draw
4.71 (1.82 reload)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMPebxOTa8

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is my best run, despite the slowwww reload. Bloopers are at the end. With all of the ammo problems I was having and some other sloppy mistakes, I only shot 3 clean runs (70%, 79%, 83%).

83.2% (Production)
Glock 34 gen4, 13lb stainless Jager guide rod/spring, Sevigny sights, Perfecta 115gr ammo

1.22 Draw
4.71 (1.82 reload)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMPebxOTa8
View Quote

That was all perfrecta 9mm!?!

I've been buying a shit load of that but haven't shot any of it yet! I have been mostly using SAA Remanufactured ammo and replacing it with Perfecta
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've been buying a shit load of that but haven't shot any of it yet! I have been mostly using SAA Remanufactured ammo and replacing it with Perfecta
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

83.2% (Production)

1.22 Draw
4.71 (1.82 reload)

Yep. Bought a case of 1000 for $140. At that price I'll put up with it, but it has been less than reliable. I need to go back to Freedom--never had these kinds of problems with them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep. Bought a case of 1000 for $140. At that price I'll put up with it, but it has been less than reliable. I need to go back to Freedom--never had these kinds of problems with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

83.2% (Production)

1.22 Draw
4.71 (1.82 reload)

I'll see how it runs in my guns but I already want to stick with BVAC and SAA...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#16]
So a gamer trick is to load 7 so you don't have to perform a slide lock reload. Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gamer?  I don't carry a gun that only holds six, so I don't practice with a gun only holding six.  That could get you killed on the streets.

I also didn't read close enough to see you requested a slide lock reload.  

I'll try record another
View Quote

No it doesn't say a slide lock reload is mandatory.

Though it did say concealment. I'll change that. No concealment needed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gamer?  I don't carry a gun that only holds six, so I don't practice with a gun only holding six.  That could get you killed on the streets.

I'll try record another

You sure? No classifier requires concealment.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try record another

I copy and pasted from Pistol training. They have concealment as a requirement. I didn't realize that. Anything USPSA I just assume it's never from concealment. Why I didn't notice it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'll try record another
View Quote

Well played.

I completely forgot about this thread when I was at the range earlier.  Of course, I didn't have a video camera with me either.  I could have showed you guys how it's done in C class.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Tried the grip with more torque. Shot worse. I was really cranking into it, too much. Then I ran a few strings of rapid firing and really paid attention to my grip. Turns out, I was already torquing in. Just not overly torqued. I'll work on it but it's probably just the Sig being a Sig.

Shot 200 rounds of 22lr and 250 of that 9mm perfecta. Worked fine.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Did some practice today and that grip modification. Yesterday I was torquing in more with the hands. Today I used my elbows and it really started to feel better. Some more practice and I should be GTG.

Best runs were:

Sig P226

Time: 7.06 Clean
HF: 8.5
Production: 82.8%
Draw: 2.16
RL: 2.04

Time: 6.18 3c 1d
HF: 8.09
Production: 78.8%
Draw: 1.6
RL: 2.01

Time: 5.76 4c 1d
HF: 8.33
Production: 81.1%
Draw: 1.51
RL: 1.74

I'll do my official run tomorrow. Just wanted to work on the grip change.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
So the next few "challenges" will be the CSAT rifle standards followed by El Prez but with an AR. After that I'm thinking shotgun? I'll merge some CSAT standards into a shotgun challenge. But for that I think a requirement will be that it is a pump gun and will require slugs. Then perhaps an El Prez shotgun edition

Just to change it up and IMHO add the "fun" to it

My goal is to keep this fairly balanced and not focus too much on any one platform.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So the next few "challenges" will be the CSAT rifle standards followed by El Prez but with an AR. After that I'm thinking shotgun? I'll merge some CSAT standards into a shotgun challenge. But for that I think a requirement will be that it is a pump gun and will require slugs. Then perhaps an El Prez shotgun edition

My goal is to keep this fairly balanced and not focus too much on any one platform.
View Quote

For shotgun, we should do whoever can toss by hand and shoot the most clays before they hit the ground. With a pump. My record is 4.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

For shotgun, we should do whoever can toss by hand and shoot the most clays before they hit the ground. With a pump. My record is 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol id get like 2... But they'd all break, does that still count

But good idea! I'll add that one
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 4 I shot were individual hits, but I've broken 3 with 1 shell before. I aint worried bout it

I suck with a rifle and rarely shoot mine. Never shot kneeling before either. That's gonna be rough at 50/75yd
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#28]
This is also the kind of stuff I do with a shotgun. Birdshot is a quick and easy way to remove paint from steel. It also gives you a down and dirty crash course about cover.

This felt like a video game almost. It's harder than it looks, and I was using crappy ammo that got stuck on me. Still fun and different nonetheless.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The 4 I shot were individual hits, but I've broken 3 with 1 shell before. I aint worried bout it

I suck with a rifle and rarely shoot mine. Never shot kneeling before either. That's gonna be rough at 50/75yd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Multigun I used to shoot was typically fairly even between rifle and pistol but if it leaned one way more then another it was to the rifle.

IMO rifle shooting is way easier then pistol shooting
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Should have videoed yesterday's 8.5 HF...

Best of today was 8.33 HF... Time was 5.76 6c

But goes to show my 7.06s clean run had a higher HF...
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#32]

Gear:

• S&W M&P9, Apex DCAEK, Trijicon HDs

• Safariland 6360 (Level III retention), Bianchi open-top mag pouch

• Freedom Munitions 124gr

6.24s

8A 4C

Hit Factor:  8.333

I knew there was no way in hell that I was going to turn in a GM-level performance, so this week was pretty much just for shits and giggles.

I was a bit slow re-establishing my grip after the reload, and T3 was sloppy, but otherwise I think this is about the best I can do with this gear.  I'm happy with A-class Production (even though technically my stipple job puts me in fucking Limited or L-10).

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Time: 5.76 6c
HF: 8.333
Classifier: 81.18%

Sig P226R
Blade Tech Eclipse
BlackHawk BST Double Mag Pouch
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQxvPOEUOEQ

Gear:
  • S&W M&P9, Apex DCAEK, Trijicon HDs
  • Safariland 6360 (Level III retention), Bianchi open-top mag pouch
  • Freedom Munitions 124gr
6.24s

8A 4C

Hit Factor:  8.333

I knew there was no way in hell that I was going to turn in a GM-level performance, so this week was pretty much just for shits and giggles.

I was a bit slow re-establishing my grip after the reload, and T3 was sloppy, but otherwise I think this is about the best I can do with this gear.  I'm happy with A-class Production (even though technically my stipple job puts me in fucking Limited or L-10).

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Grip and recoil management, critique? Had my elbows torqued.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:17:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You should try a side by side with yourself shooting a Glock...    bore axis ftw.
View Quote

No access to a Glock right now
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should try a side by side with yourself shooting a Glock...    bore axis ftw.

I have one......
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I have one......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one......

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll see if I can borrow a Sig and do a comparison of my own.
View Quote

I tried it with a friend's M11 compared to my G19 with an X300U, as I carry it. The M11 was noticeably stiffer recoiling. We took a video, but I lost everything due to my phone wiping itself clean.

It's the bore axis and heavy slide IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#42]
What are the details of the % you guys are talking about and how is it calculated?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What are the details of the % you guys are talking about and how is it calculated?
View Quote

Hit Factor Classifier Calculator

Take your hit factor and enter in your "division" for the given classifier and get a % based on your peers.  Tells you where you rank and what class a shooter you are.

El Presidente is a classifier, 99-11.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I see we've convinced you to change the OP to the scoring method designed by God Himself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I see we've convinced you to change the OP to the scoring method designed by God Himself.
View Quote

Lol maybe.

It's just more consistent. I think it does encourage speed over accuracy to a degree but it seems to comprise enough.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#46]
AJE is the winner of the El Pres this time around
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#49]
With Pointman and AJE participating I'm never gonna win.

I was planning on busting BillDoubleU in the knee, hand, and shoulder to earn a victory but it won't matter now.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
With Pointman and AJE participating I'm never gonna win.

I was planning on busting BillDoubleU in the knee, hand, and shoulder to earn a victory but it won't matter now.
View Quote

You will once we start rifle stuff. I suck with a rifle.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top