Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad only three of us submitted though ....
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was able to shoot it yesterday but not able to upload.  Even though its late in still going to post the vid when I get a chance.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was able to shoot it yesterday but not able to upload.  Even though its late in still going to post the vid when I get a chance.
View Quote

By midnight tonight

I allow a 1 day overlap for such things
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I was gonna do some dry fire practice for the FAST but I can't rack the slide with my left hand or grab a mag with it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was gonna do some dry fire practice for the FAST but I can't rack the slide with my left hand or grab a mag with it.
View Quote

Loser
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Loser
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loser

I know. My thumb is useless so I can't grab shit. It sucks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

You better not be under 4 seconds. I don't want to have to go shoot it again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pointman, what is your rank in USPSA?
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm only a C in Production, but I'm knocking on the door of B. My classifiers follow this pattern: 15%, 75%, 24%, 80%, etc.

I've only been doing it for about 8 months. School takes up most of my time and money right now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
disclaimer:  had no time to prepare, and didnt read the rules thoroughly.  not looking to win anything, just want to participate.  its fun motivation for me to get back in competition like i did years ago.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

naw man, i'm way way out of practice.

Quoted:
Quoted:

By midnight tonight

so i watched your video and for whatever reason i felt like it was much slower time than mine.  when you watch them separately it sure does look that way, or maybe its just me.   anyhow, so i made a split video and it really puts things into perspective.  you were done with your 4 to the body while i was still on #2... i was looking hard for that front sight : )

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

so i watched your video and for whatever reason i felt like it was much slower time than mine.  when you watch them separately it sure does look that way, or maybe its just me.   anyhow, so i made a split video and it really puts things into perspective.  you were done with your 4 to the body while i was still on #2... i was looking hard for that front sight : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVQgSpGLpI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

By midnight tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FVQgSpGLpI

That split video is pretty cool!

If I had the draw and reload of Pointman I'd be at 3.93 seconds

It's little details that knocks of the 10th of seconds.

Just realized too that your 1st video and the one you did the split on you were not from concealment. Adds a whole new level to it doesn't it

None the less awesome shooting and thanks for participating!

I want to keep this thing in good fun and encourage people to get out and shoot and have some fun. Just the fact that these will all have you working on something to improve you abilities is my subversive plan anyway (same reason I started the 1 MOA All Day Challenge)
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#14]
And Pointman12 takes the F. A. S. T. Drill.

Good shooting
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good shooting
View Quote

Thanks

For the CSAT drills, what is the target size? Can I use a 2/3 IDPA steel silhouette, or does it have to be paper? It looks like he is using a full size silhouette.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks

For the CSAT drills, what is the target size? Can I use a 2/3 IDPA steel silhouette, or does it have to be paper? It looks like he is using a full size silhouette.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good shooting

Thanks

Only the "A" zone counts for body and the "A" and "B" count for head. Anything out side that is a miss.

If your steel matches those dimensions then yeah. Use an IPSC target as reference.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#17]
here are some bloopers.  hopefully making fun of myself will encourage more people to participate.

for some reason its showing an error on my side. dont know why so here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3SVtK99lBI&feature=youtu.be

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
here are some bloopers.  hopefully making fun of myself will encourage more people to participate.

for some reason its showing an error on my side. dont know why so here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3SVtK99lBI&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Error here too
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Trim the "&feature=youtu.be" off of the embed link.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lets see if it works for me.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/i3SVtK99lBI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/i3SVtK99lBI

Dude what ammo were you using!?!

I don't know how to edit video or I'd throw up my blooper runs too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Error
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Figured it out, nothing too funny but here it is

http://youtu.be/n9aa-70FDYg
View Quote

You look so disappointed in youself after the messed up draws and you were walking like you were drunk as shit.

See what happens when I'm not there to keep shit running smooth.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You look so disappointed in youself after the messed up draws and you were walking like you were drunk as shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah... "smooth"...
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:26:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Are we supposed to tally up our time for each part, then our score plus penalties is our score?  Or are we supposed to use those par times?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CSAT STANDARDS

Only score shots in the center box and head of the CSAT IDPA/IPSC/USPSA target. If an enemy turns sideways, that will be all the shooter has to engage, resulting in a worse case scenario.

1.High Ready 1 shot body (1 target) 7 yards 1 SEC
2.Holster 1 shot body (1 target) 7 yards 1.7 SEC
3.High Ready 2 shots body (1 target) 7 yards 1.5 SEC
4.High Ready 5 body/1 head shot (1 target) 7 yards 3 SEC
5.High Ready 4 body shots total: 2 each target 7 yards 3 SEC
6.High Ready 4 body shots total: 2 strong hand/2 weak hand (1target) 7 yards 5 SEC
7.High Ready 1 body shot Malfunction drill (TRB) (1 target) 7 yards 3 SEC
8.High Ready 4 body shots total: 2 shots Reload 2 shots (1 target) 7 yards 5 SEC
9.Rifle up 1 body shot Dry fire/transition to pistol(1 target) 7 yards 3.25 SEC
10.Holster 1 body shot Standing to Kneeling (1 target) 25 yards 3.25 SEC

Total: 25 Rounds

INSTRUCTORS MUST PASS 8-10 STANDARDS IN ONE COURSE OF FIRE.
-All stations shot at 7 yards except #10.

http://youtu.be/AQWmrwLlZ84

OPEN 6/8 - 6/21*

ETA:
Submitting rules for this test, MUST be unedited video from start to finish and must see the target for all the hits, especially the 25 yard kneeling shot. If that means you walk down and get your target or take your camera to it, I don't care. You must also either show the timer for each iteration or read the time off loud enough to hear along with the hit being a pass or a fail.

Total time and hit/misses will be tallied for score.

For the purposes of this challenge ALL misses will add 2 seconds to the over all time. Also, understand this is only 25 rounds and NO extra shots can be taken during an iteration. You CAN NOT make up your misses by firing extra shots, this is not an IDPDA/USPSA match.

As LAV says, "Fast is fine, Accuracy is final"

I would suggest you shoot it until you get a full on CLEAN run for score, even if it's not as fast as you may like.

You will need your rifle, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SHOOT IT. It is a dry fire to simulate a downed rifle for a transition.

Are we supposed to tally up our time for each part, then our score plus penalties is our score?  Or are we supposed to use those par times?

Tally total time plus penalties for score.

The bolded times are the actual time requirements for passing the actual test through CSAT. I have them up their so you can see what the passing times are to CSAT Pistol certified. To give an idea of a baseline standard to strive for.

But again, for the purpose of this 'Challenge' we will simply tally the total time after all 10 iterations and for each 'miss' a 2 second penalty will be added to the total time.

Ideally the goal is to shoot each iteration under the prescribed par time and do so clean.

ETA: I made the time penalties steep to push the need for accuracy. Basically to reduce the ability for someone to burn through it supper fast but drop a few shots. The guy the focuses more on accuracy will win. The time constraints that we are shooting for are so limited that if we are all close to it a miss will be devastating. We are all fighting for 10th of a second with these time standards that a miss takes you out of the running pretty quick.

Plus the 25 rounds count may lead for less runs through it. Pushes dry fire practice
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good deal, I'll be in for this one.

Possibly dumb question... "high ready" is basically already aimed at the target, right?
View Quote

The video I linked in the description explains it but this video is straight from the man himself and explains stance and the high ready.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

the cheapest crap i could find.... monarch steel cased.

Quoted:

haha, nice!  i can definitely relate to the thoughts and emotions going through your head.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Man, I love the CSAT standards. It is the foundation of my CCW training. I shoot the standards every time and then work on what I failed at.

I just bought a tripod for my iPhone so I may get to record it this weekend. Hopefully no one else is there to disturb.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Man, I love the CSAT standards. It is the foundation of my CCW training. I shoot the standards every time and then work on what I failed at.

I just bought a tripod for my iPhone so I may get to record it this weekend. Hopefully no one else is there to disturb.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Saturday bump
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Raining Says 50% chance of t-storms tomorrow, so maybe?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a shot timer and some new gamer toys coming in early next week so I should be able to eliminate all doubt on this one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#35]

FIRST AGAIN!  Kind of...not really.

Well, this'll get the week started, anyway.  I turned in some decent times before shit went sideways:

With the intense sun, I couldn't tell that the phone had shut off until I went to stop the video after the test.  I had been at the range for about 4 hours when I finished, so I took my ball and went home.  Next Saturday it'll be for reals, with a camera that doesn't get heat stroke.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
FIRST AGAIN!  Kind of...not really.

Well, this'll get the week started, anyway.  I turned in some decent times before shit went sideways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-i0YEbvSAM

With the intense sun, I couldn't tell that the phone had shut off until I went to stop the video after the test.  I had been at the range for about 4 hours when I finished, so I took my ball and went home.  Next Saturday it'll be for reals, with a camera that doesn't get heat stroke.

View Quote

Remember stage 2 your hand start at the high "interview" position.

One of my practice runs earlier in the week was as follows:
1.) 0.92 (pass)
2.) 1.66 (pass)
3.) 1.52 (fail)
4.) 2.94 (pass)
5.) 2.51 (pass)
6.) 5.16 (fail)
7.) 2.27 (pass)
8.) 4.51 (fail/miss)
9.) 2.32 (pass)
10.) 2.38 (fail/miss)

Raw time: 26.1 seconds
Total time with penalties: 30.1 seconds due to the 2 misses.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll be shooting it cold tomorrow. Haven't fired my handgun in about 2 months.

Hopefully no one else will be there, the RSOs get jumpy when you do anything other than slow fire from the bench.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hopefully no one else will be there, the RSOs get jumpy when you do anything other than slow fire from the bench.
View Quote

You shoot a handgun from a bench?
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Me? No. But I see people who do. I guess I should clarify, the bench area, shooting station, behind the firing line.

If the RSO is one of the cool ones, they don't give a shit what you do as long as you are safe. We have fudd nazi RSOs sometimes, though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Me? No. But I see people who do. I guess I should clarify, the bench area, shooting station, behind the firing line.

If the RSO is one of the cool ones, they don't give a shit what you do as long as you are safe. We have fudd nazi RSOs sometimes, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah gotcha. I was trying to imagine you shooting these drills from a bench. Didn't make much sense.

Are there no other places you can shoot? I would hate to be stuck shooting at a public range with RSOs.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Ah gotcha. I was trying to imagine you shooting these drills from a bench. Didn't make much sense.

Are there no other places you can shoot? I would hate to be stuck shooting at a public range with RSOs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a new indoor range, never been though. The next closest range is in the next town.

This isn't a public range either. It's private and there used to be no RSOs, but we have been having problems with idiots and their answer was "full retard". Guys were throwing cans in the air and trying to shoot them with pistols. I-20 is within falling range.

Early in the AM, there is usually no one there. I should be ok.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Shot it this morning, will have the video up later.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll dry fire this for the rest of the week and then give it a go.

7 year wedding anniversary is this week

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#44]
wont be able to make it to the range this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#45]
What's the best way to post a vid from my iPhone? Upload to my macbook?

Here's the stats for today's cold run. I may do it again later this week because I know I can do better.

1. 1 Shot 1 Target                                                                   1A .92

2. Draw from concealment 1 shot 1 target                                 1A 2.13 (fail-time)

3. 2 shots 1 target                                                                   2A 1.24

4. 5 body 1 head                                                                     6A 2.6

5. 4 shots 2 per target                                                             3A one miss 2.12 (fail-miss)

6. 2 weak 2 strong                                                                  2A 2B 4.84 (Fail-miss)

7. 1 shot malfuntion                                                                1A 2.3

8. 2 shots reload from concealment 2 shots                               4A 5.57 (fail-Time)

9. dry fire rifle-transition/draw from concealment-one shot         1A 3.04

10. Draw from concealment 1 shot kneeling @25yds                  1B 3.55 (fail-time and miss)

Passing the standards from concealment is difficult but not impossible. I haven't done it yet, though. The 25 yarder is supposed to be the easy one, but my heart wasn't in it today.

ETA - just realized that 3.04 on #9 is a passing time.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Here's the stats for today's cold run. I may do it again later this week because I know I can do better.

1. 1 Shot 1 Target                                                                   1A .92
2. Draw from concealment 1 shot 1 target                                 1A 2.13 (fail-time)
3. 2 shots 1 target                                                                   2A 1.24
4. 5 body 1 head                                                                     6A 2.6
5. 4 shots 2 per target                                                             3A one miss 2.12 (fail-miss)
6. 2 weak 2 strong                                                                  2A 2B 4.84 (Fail-miss)
7. 1 shot malfuntion                                                                1A 2.3
8. 2 shots reload from concealment 2 shots                               4A 5.57 (fail-Time)
10. Draw from concealment 1 shot kneeling @25yds                  1B 3.55 (fail-time and miss)

Passing the standards from concealment is difficult but not impossible. I haven't done it yet, though. The 25 yarder is supposed to be the easy one, but my heart wasn't in it today.

View Quote

You should be able to upload to youtube right from your iphone. Select the the vid then there should be a youtube icon.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You should be able to upload to youtube right from your iphone. Select the the vid then there should be a youtube icon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I sent the video to billydoubleU, but I'm not confident it went through properly. If it didn't, I'll try to upload it this evening. I don't have a youtube account so I'll just set one up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I sent the video to billydoubleU, but I'm not confident it went through properly. If it didn't, I'll try to upload it this evening. I don't have a youtube account so I'll just set one up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, so far it's not playing. I'll have to try on the other computer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in the process of uploading it to youtube. It's going painfully slow. Ya'll better enjoy this damn video!

ETA it never actually moved beyond 0% processed. I verified my youtube account for longer videos, still nothing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Can I clarify, these are the exact CSAT standards, as in the go/no go zone is the CSAT size one?

I have some real CSAT targets here I could use for this. I don't have any of those cardboard IPSC things.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top