User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We do know it's a Ford Falcon right?

View Quote

Man imo Ford is crazy for making a 2016 remake of that car to market here.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'll pass on Hollywood's feminist propaganda.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“One of the first things George ever said to us is that this film is about gender equality,” Rosie Huntington-Whitely (Splendid) told MTV News at a recent press junket for the film. “And it’s about women really finding themselves and their power.”

“This idea that a woman couldn’t be a warrior and survive on that reptilian brain the same way a man can? I think George was interested in covering and kind of figuring that out thematically through the story,” Charlize Theron (Imperator Furiosa) agreed.

One thing’s for sure — judging from what we’ve seen of the movie so far, these women are definitely warriors. No doubt about it.

I'll pass on Hollywood's feminist propaganda.

it really isn't.... i'd say your missing out on a real fun flick..
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got back from a 3d showing.

Fury Road is literally the best movie ever fucking made. It's as if someone went into my head, gathered everything I would like to see in a movie, and orchestrated it.  Pretty sure this has broken movie watching for me, nothing will ever top this as far as grins per minute are concerned.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fury Road is literally the best movie ever fucking made. It's as if someone went into my head, gathered everything I would like to see in a movie, and orchestrated it.  Pretty sure this has broken movie watching for me, nothing will ever top this as far as grins per minute are concerned.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Show starting in 3 mins. Red Oak draft beer, popcorn and chewy sweet tarts in hand.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got done watching it.... definitely badass movie
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Couple buddies said it was awesome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]

I'll be the turd in the punchbowl:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Oh gee another remake or continuation of what was once popular....ho hum.   Movies are so boring and predictable.  they produce 37 comic book related movies every year and then throw in a bunch of remakes and puff pieces about social issues.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll be the turd in the punchbowl:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

So let me get this straight.

After seeing the trailers, you went and watched the movie, that was exactly like the trailers, and then was surprised it didn't have more substance than what the trailers suggested?

OK then
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So let me get this straight.

After seeing the trailers, you went and watched the movie, that was exactly like the trailers, and then was surprised it didn't have more substance than what the trailers suggested?

OK then
View Quote

I thought it'd have some semblance of plot, some character development, etc, not just a bunch of Bay explosions and set pieces.

Congrats to the people who can truly "turn their brain off" enjoy this kind of flick.

Me, I'll watch Ex Machina again.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Congrats to the people who can truly "turn their brain off" enjoy this kind of flick.

View Quote

It always comes down to this, really.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was bummed.

I thought with the stellar reviews on RT that this movie was gonna rock.

It's The Dark Knight all over again.

And to stir the pot:

1. Road Warrior
2. Mad Max
3. Beyond Thunderdome
4. Fury Road

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Got tickets to the 730 showing at Movie Tavern
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#16]
One thing that struck me as odd on the design of the War Rig...there was not any protection of the tyres or windows on the cab. One would think there would at least be  bars or chainlink over the windows to help prevent enemy-assisted extracation or projectiles from entering the cab.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not reading this thread because I don't want some asshole spoiling it for me but I need to ask, is it worth seeing in 3D or no?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not reading this thread because I don't want some asshole spoiling it for me but I need to ask, is it worth seeing in 3D or no?
View Quote

We saw it in Cinemark XD 3D.   Didn't make a difference.

Save your money and see it 2D.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks.

Out of this thread until later!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, thanks.

3D is worth it only for the better sound, but 2D is much better. 3D just has too much going on to appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Damnit, I want to go see it tonight, but everyone is turning me down because of other plans. Ack.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#23]
One of the reviewers said it was just feminist agitprop. The bitch who wrote The Vagina Monologues was on the set, giving advice to the chicks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Max gets chased by a half dozen escapees from a Pride Parade...
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

What spoilers, if you see Mad Max, you know how this one is going to generally go, except there is a 1 armed woman in it that kicks some ass as well.

This is not rocket surgery, it is mindless explosions and weirdly dressed people acting contrary to every instinct a human should have in a survival situation.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I just saw it this afternoon in glorious 3d and loved it.

Worth every penny.

The naysayers should have watched Pitch Perfect 2 instead(after douching their vajayjay)
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One of the reviewers said it was just feminist agitprop. The bitch who wrote The Vagina Monologues was on the set, giving advice to the chicks.
View Quote

The movie was a blast. It had a female lead, trying to save women.

If that bothers your delicate masculine sensibilities, lord how fragile your minds must be.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are there any naked female breasts in it?  Because the best movie ever made should have naked female breasts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, using the other three movies as examples:

Mad Max - Max doesn't do much of anything until his best friend dies, then he tries to quit. His boss recommends he go on vacation instead, and he does. On vacation his family gets wiped out by bikers causing him to go on a rampage.

Road Warrior - Max doesn't do much of anything until he sees an opportunity to score some gas. Once he fulfills his deal he tries to quit. His attempt at quitting fails miserably and his car and dog get wiped out by crazies, causing him to go on a rampage.

Thunderdome - Max doesn't do much of anything until he makes a deal to get back his stolen stuff. Once he realizes his opponent is a tard he tries to quit. His attempt at quitting fails miserably and he is gulag'ed into the desert where he is saved by lord of the flies. He tries to get the lord of the flies to quit, which fails miserably and they all wind up back at bartertown, causing Max to go on a rampage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My biggest complaint about the trailers is that it makes Max look like a wimp.

Well, using the other three movies as examples:

Mad Max - Max doesn't do much of anything until his best friend dies, then he tries to quit. His boss recommends he go on vacation instead, and he does. On vacation his family gets wiped out by bikers causing him to go on a rampage.

Road Warrior - Max doesn't do much of anything until he sees an opportunity to score some gas. Once he fulfills his deal he tries to quit. His attempt at quitting fails miserably and his car and dog get wiped out by crazies, causing him to go on a rampage.

Thunderdome - Max doesn't do much of anything until he makes a deal to get back his stolen stuff. Once he realizes his opponent is a tard he tries to quit. His attempt at quitting fails miserably and he is gulag'ed into the desert where he is saved by lord of the flies. He tries to get the lord of the flies to quit, which fails miserably and they all wind up back at bartertown, causing Max to go on a rampage.

Very Well Summed Up!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If that bothers your delicate masculine sensibilities, lord how fragile your minds must be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/15/entertainment/mad-max-fury-road-boycott-mens-rights-thr-feat/

http://www.returnofkings.com/63036/why-you-should-not-go-see-mad-max-feminist-road

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mens-rights-activists-boycott-mad-795658

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mad-max-fury-road-enrages-mens-rights-activists-who-claim-they-are-being-duped-by-explosions-into-watching-feminist-propaganda-10249443.html

I didn't say it offended me, I was quoting others.  I really had no intention of seeing it one way or another.  I may have it on in the background when it comes on cableflixprime.  While I'm doing something else...

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Adrenaline ride start to finish
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#33]
The movie was fucking awesome. For me personally I only see Star Wars topping it as favorite release of the year, hell the last couple years.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are there any naked female breasts in it?  Because the best movie ever made should have naked female breasts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Don't you have breasts at home that you can see whenever?  Or the whole fucking Internet?

Quoted:

lol

It has literally no feminist twist in it whatsoever.

Quoted:
I just saw it this afternoon in glorious 3d and loved it.

Worth every penny.

The naysayers should have watched Pitch Perfect 2 instead(after douching their vajayjay)

DONT TALK SHIT ON PITCH PERFECT 2. THAT MOVIE IS FUCKING HILARIOUS.

I went and watched that last night at 11:30.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#35]
This was an absolutely glorious 2 hours of unbridled insanity.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]
How much libtard propaganda is in this movie?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#37]
this is all anyone needs to know about this movie

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was bummed.

And to stir the pot:

1. Road Warrior
2. Mad Max
3. Beyond Thunderdome
4. Fury Road

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was bummed.

And to stir the pot:

1. Road Warrior
2. Mad Max
3. Beyond Thunderdome
4. Fury Road

That's the way I ranked them also.  It had its moments but was hoping it would pull back to more road warrior and not try to go over the top like beyond thunderdome.  If would have known how much time the guitar player was going to get would have waited for the dvd.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#39]
That was great. seen it in the 3d and enjoyed it immensely. I'm gonna see it again this weekend. And for the record I thought Charlize ok. There is a whole bunch of deeper meaning shit if you want to apply your critical lens. I have no idea what the other poster is talking about.

1911 guys must be pretty butt hurt with all the glock fotay action.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Literally nothing
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Literally nothing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally nothing

Great flick!  

Moonbatshitcrazybadassery all around!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much my reaction after seeing it this evening! Absolutely over the top as far as the chase scenes.  Amazing visuals.  Well worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Great film.  I loved it, start to finish.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:12:59 AM EDT
[#45]
I enjoyed it. The action scenes were pretty incredible.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:22:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
YES.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:23:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Just saw it.  Fantastic.  Thought it kept to the series pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Production BTS Video

Linked from a friend in the biz.   Might be some movie spoilers.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top