Site Notices
Page / 105
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I now have the ability to screen multiple calls, see who's holding and why on my studio computer, play the show audio to all callers on hold, and can even enlist a dedicated call screener (in studio or remote) to assist.

I'm still working a few minor issues out, but it's extremely close. I'll publish the call-in number (I snagged a vanity number) when I'm ready.

This is fun.
View Quote

Can't wait to see if your refrigerator is running...
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I now have the ability to screen multiple calls, see who's holding and why on my studio computer, play the show audio to all callers on hold, and can even enlist a dedicated call screener (in studio or remote) to assist.

I'm still working a few minor issues out, but it's extremely close. I'll publish the call-in number (I snagged a vanity number) when I'm ready.

This is fun.
View Quote
Dial 999

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

This is fun.
View Quote
Can I call you?  I have a special google voice line setup. If I call you have to play, November Rain...

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Dear arfcom, today a hooker respectable woman joined our website after googling herself and found a thread about herself.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is fun.
View Quote

330-867-5309
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

330-867-5309
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is fun.

330-867-5309

I called that and it was disconnected
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dear arfcom, today a hooker respectable woman joined our website after googling herself and found a thread about herself.
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wat?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1835075_My_pimpin__ain_t_made_for_weak_bitches_22yo_Jennifer_Encarnacion__Welcome_Aboard___.html&page=1
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't do it tonight (too busy at the moment and I'm finishing up on a few engineering challenges), but if she's still willing and able in a day or two...I can make an interview happen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can't do it tonight (too busy at the moment and I'm finishing up on a few engineering challenges), but if she's still willing and able in a day or two...I can make an interview happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sub, what are doing?  Why are you focused on your hobby of making a living instead of your real job, which is to entertain us?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sub, what are doing?  Why are you focused on your hobby of making a living instead of your real job, which is to entertain us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of them (the actual job) pays a 6+ figure salary, and the other (the hobby) strictly pays for the capital and operating expenses, and no more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Sub are you able to record the phone interviews just in case we miss it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone did for the FDE interview, so it can be done.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That someone was me.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice update!
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.
Sweet please do again.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Soon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What does a Mic Preamp / Processor actually do?
View All Quotes

That's what makes him sound like the silken-voiced sex god we all know and love, instead of the squeaky nerd that he actually is without all the gadgets

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What does a Mic Preamp / Processor actually do?
View All Quotes

Hold my vocal level constant through audio compression without having to kiss the mic, and gates out ambient noise in my studio as I pause between words.

It'll also "sweeten" and punch up my vocals a bit, for more of that "radio" sound.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's what makes him sound like the silken-voiced sex god we all know and love, instead of the squeaky nerd that he actually is without all the gadgets

View Quote

You've never heard me through one (it hasn't arrived in the mail yet). What you've heard is me au naturale - straight from the mic (a nice mic, to be sure) and into the board. No signal processing, or even EQ.

This will serve to enhance my God given pipes.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#25]
All this shit better make my GNR sound like I am on the concert stage next to them...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All this shit better make my GNR sound like I am on the concert stage next to them...
View Quote

Stand by to add a permanent call-in number to your OP here in a few minutes...
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try to get one with the WSUB Alfa/numerical dial out.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna call it
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was waaaay ahead of you.

856-888-WSUB (9782)

You'll get a busy signal when I'm not on the air, or taking calls. I've got 5 channels on a SIP trunk, so that's how many calls I can potentially queue up. I pay for these by the minute while you're sitting there doing nothing in queue listening to the broadcast until I bring you on air, so I've purposely kept it small. If you're caller #6 on a busy night, you're boned. Sorry about your luck. Redal is your friend.

I've also got a dedicated guest line set up (PIN protected) for scheduled guests, to keep them from hanging in queue with the riff-raff.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#30]
What about Texans? You have a special line for us right? I mean, well fuck, we're from Texas. That makes us gosh dern special.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

What about Texans? You have a special line for us right? I mean, well fuck, we're from Texas. That makes us gosh dern special.
View Quote
I think that is covered with the Extorris Conway Twitty special request line.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#32]
WSUB is spinning
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#33]
The phone lines are now open. 856-888-WSUB (9782)
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#35]
paging Extorris
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:21:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
paging Extorris
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:32:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

NJ area code

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:47:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for another night of tunes and titties SUB. Well worth the visit for sure.

FTR I did call in broseph.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

856-888-WSUB (9782)

You'll get a busy signal when I'm not on the air, or taking calls. I've got 5 channels on a SIP trunk, so that's how many calls I can potentially queue up. I pay for these by the minute while you're sitting there doing nothing in queue listening to the broadcast until I bring you on air, so I've purposely kept it small. If you're caller #6 on a busy night, you're boned. Sorry about your luck. Redal is your friend.

I've also got a dedicated guest line set up (PIN protected) for scheduled guests, to keep them from hanging in queue with the riff-raff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

856-888-WSUB (9782)

So is this setup relying on your Cisco stuff that us mortals won't have, or did you find an opensource solution?

I ask as someone who has been asked about an almost identical setup recently.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Ill have to call in sometime, when I'm really really drunk.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

NJ area code

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NJ area code

I know, right?

If you want the number to end in WSUB, the pickin's are kinda slim. Out of all the numbers I had to choose from, this one rolled off the tongue the best and seemed easiest to remember. It also just happens to be a NJ number. Heh.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So is this setup relying on your Cisco stuff that us mortals won't have, or did you find an opensource solution?

I ask as someone who has been asked about an almost identical setup recently.

View Quote

I really don't feel like typing it all out, but I could probably explain it to you over a Skype call or something.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know, right?

If you want the number to end in WSUB, the pickin's are kinda slim. Out of all the numbers I had to choose from, this one rolled off the tongue the best and seemed easiest to remember. It also just happens to be a NJ number. Heh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NJ area code

I know, right?

Haha.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Subnet, since you've kinda gone "all in" on WSUB, maybe you could try to have a regular showtime.  I know work and life take a priority, but if you could commit to a couple of hours a week, at a specific time, you could probably line up some fairly interesting interviews.

That'd give you and the person you're interviewing time to prepare a little.   God knows there are enough interesting people and ideas on ARFcom to fill a show.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I know, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NJ area code

I know, right?

I love it in a sick sort of sad way

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think there should be a Breathalyzer added to the lines, <.06 gets kicked the hell off

nobody wants to hear sober people when we're WSUBing, we aint got time fo dat!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

So. Awesome.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I think there should be a Breathalyzer added to the lines, <.06 gets kicked the hell off

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second that. Make it so the station won't even power up until you can blow a .06
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top