Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2001 10:44:35 AM EDT
I've heard many good things about them, and I really like the Elite Commando model.  Anyone own one of these, or handled one?  Any opinions?
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one, but I've handled several of the hardball model.  Several people had new ones at a hardball match and the triggers were set a bit light.  As I had a tool to pop the mainspring housing pin off quickly, I got volunteered to bend a few sear springs to make the trigger pass weight.  The RRA guns were beautiful.  I mean like a piece of art to hang on your wall beautiful.  The machine work, the fit of parts, the polish, even the grip panels were nice.  The shooter shot pretty well with them, too.  I didn't hear any complaints aferwards.

Two extremely minor points to watch for, the plunger springs did not have the usual kink in the middle, so they fly out when you pull the thumb safety.  The hardball guns' triggers were all light by 1/2 pound or so.  This probably doesn't matter much outside of service pistol competition.  I've also looked at a couple wadcutter models, but didn't get a chance to examine closely.  They looked to have similar workmanship.

Nice guns,
Norm
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Norm,

Thanks for the reply.  Your comments adressed the issues I was most concerned about, especially the machine work and overall fit.  I think when I call, I will specify a 1/2 pound pull above their standard.

I'm not necessarily intending to use it as a cary gun, but overtime has been pretty good this year, and I figured I needed a true custom piece.  It's nice to shoot them once awhile, but I more concerned with getting a mechanical piece of art.  I've got plenty of blasters.

Muchas Gracias
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top