Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Idiots who block the aisle at the supermarket by parking their cart in the exact middle while agonizing over which brand of whatever crap they are looking at to buy.  For the love of god, just pull over to one side so others can get by.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I envy you....I wish I could turn it off...but sitting at my desk and not knowing if someone is coming up behind me ends up stressing me out so much that I can't even do my job...I've tried to talk myself out of it but I just can't seem to get past it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly? Not much of anything. I don't do stress. No reason to. Don't let the little things bother me. And most things when you get down to it are just little things.

I envy you....I wish I could turn it off...but sitting at my desk and not knowing if someone is coming up behind me ends up stressing me out so much that I can't even do my job...I've tried to talk myself out of it but I just can't seem to get past it.

put up a mirror. seriously.
they even sell "cube mirrors" that are convex so you can see from many angles. . .
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Car doors that won't stay open, and constantly whack you in the shins while getting into or out of your car on a slight incline.  

People who fade into my lane on the highway.

When my wife or kids keep talking or changing their minds while I'm ordering at a drive-thru.

People who end every sentence like a question when they're talking?  Irritating, not stressful.

People who stand way too close to you when they're talking to you.

Any time one of my kids screams for any reason.  I had 4 kids in 5 years and they all had moderate to severe colic.  I have parental PTSD.

View Quote

I do this if people pace me. pass me, or get behind me. I don't get why people on the highway want to pace me. I have a big truck, so a little lane drifting will usually make them go away.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Few hells exist that are worse than people jamming up traffic.  The worst is people blocking an intersection because they wanted to make it through the fucking yellow light while traffic in front of them is stopped.

People who do this intentionally should be dragged out of their car and beaten savagely by every driver that they're blocking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People who drive next to each other below the speed limit blocking\impeding faster traffic and people who pull out in front of me when no one is behind me.

Few hells exist that are worse than people jamming up traffic.  The worst is people blocking an intersection because they wanted to make it through the fucking yellow light while traffic in front of them is stopped.

People who do this intentionally should be dragged out of their car and beaten savagely by every driver that they're blocking.

I would absolutely vote "not guilty" if I was on that jury.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Not knowing what lane to be in to make an exit or avoid merging traffic.  Drives me insane, thank god my phone tells me now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
People that put their hand on the back of my chair while speaking to me at my desk.   I don't know if it's a feeling of vulnerability or what, but it drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Noises at night when I'm trying to sleep.  After I fall asleep I'm usually good.  

But all my life, if I just got into bed, if I can hear somebody else's music, or people talking, or annoying birds, or loud car exhaust or whatever, I absolutely can't fall asleep.  Hotels are usually horrible for me as was living in the dorms during college.  

The weird thing is I can fall asleep just fine if I have a podcast playing or a TV on in the background.  But if I hear sounds/noises/music that I can't control, it gets my blood pressure up and I cannot fall asleep.  It's horrible.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
no time w my family.  Surprised my wife hasnt left me.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Others.

And clowns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Really  short items on the tallest shelf in the fridge drives me crazy, especially if it's in the way of getting something in or out.

Out of control dogs and oblivious owners who refuse to change how they handle them will make me see red very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Holy shit....  

I never knew there was a name for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

People who have misophonia are most commonly angered by specific sounds, such as slurping, throat-clearing, nail-clipping, chewing, drinking, tooth-brushing, breathing, sniffing, talking, sneezing, yawning, walking, gum-chewing or popping, laughing, snoring, swallowing, gulping, typing, coughing, humming, whistling, singing, certain consonants, or repetitive sounds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Misophonia - spefically, but not limited to, the sound of people chewing their food with their mouths open.
Holy shit....  

I never knew there was a name for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia

People who have misophonia are most commonly angered by specific sounds, such as slurping, throat-clearing, nail-clipping, chewing, drinking, tooth-brushing, breathing, sniffing, talking, sneezing, yawning, walking, gum-chewing or popping, laughing, snoring, swallowing, gulping, typing, coughing, humming, whistling, singing, certain consonants, or repetitive sounds

That's crazy.  All but a few of those get to me.  
At least I can explain it now...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an issue with locking up the house when I leave.   I have to check each door twice.  I also stress out that I didn't close the garage door.  I will be thinking about other things while leaving.  I shut the garage door but when I get down the road about a mile I can't remember if I did or not.  I have gone back on occasion to verify.  It's worse if I am stressed out.

I need to get one of those systems where you can control your garage door from your smart phone.  LOL
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Peeling stickers that come off in little pieces. It drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I do this if people pace me. pass me, or get behind me. I don't get why people on the highway want to pace me. I have a big truck, so a little lane drifting will usually make them go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Car doors that won't stay open, and constantly whack you in the shins while getting into or out of your car on a slight incline.  

People who fade into my lane on the highway.

When my wife or kids keep talking or changing their minds while I'm ordering at a drive-thru.

People who end every sentence like a question when they're talking?  Irritating, not stressful.

People who stand way too close to you when they're talking to you.

Any time one of my kids screams for any reason.  I had 4 kids in 5 years and they all had moderate to severe colic.  I have parental PTSD.

I'm talking about knuckleheads who aren't paying attention and suddenly catch themselves right before they slam into you and nearly end your life as you're driving home from work.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
People who refuse to make a right on red under any circumstances even when no cars are coming
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Being late drives me bonkers.  I always try to be early to everything so I can get settled before whatever it is begins.
View Quote

This. I can't stand being late.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
the post right below this one "obama is coming to save us" that kinda stresses me out
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
The radio being turned on at work, especially with pop music.

Too many people that I cannot keep track of everyone's location.

Combine the two above---pop music plus a lot of people---and I can start having panic attack symptoms.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
People.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Being in charge at a jobsite and not being able to get my work done because everyone keeps asking me questions or has problems. Once I realize I'm not going to get my list done, I calm down. It takes a couple of hours to get there though.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Marsupials.

Cause their fast.
View Quote

Christopher Walken?

They're. They're fast.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Everything.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Everything
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Busy signals (thank goodness they are a thing of the past) and tangled extension cords.  Other than that, not much.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Crying  babies.

View Quote
++

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If the guy dumped a mag of 9mm into the BK dude would you feel better?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
people coming up behind me...it's gotten pretty bad over the years...we have an "open floor plan" so I'm stuck in the middle of a row of 5x6 cubes and I have to have my laptop on my lap so I can see people pass by...It's been 2 years since we moved into this new space and it's getting really old

when I'm driving I plan it out beforehand so I know which lane I need to be in, how far it is, etc..If I'm going some place new or plans change it freaks me out

getting to the movie theater late. When I go alone or with a few friends they understand I need to get there early (usually 30 min prior)...I've had movies ruined by walking in as the previews were starting

ETA: the Burger King from the commercials...ever since the commercial aired where the dude is in bed and he rolls over and that godforsaken Burger King is in bed with him....Freaks me the hell out.

If the guy dumped a mag of 9mm into the BK dude would you feel better?

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Small convex mirror sitting in desk would help probably
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly? Not much of anything. I don't do stress. No reason to. Don't let the little things bother me. And most things when you get down to it are just little things.

Small convex mirror sitting in desk would help probably

I'll give that a shot...Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
CubeZombie, a smallish mirror taped or velcroed on the top of your monitor just above shoulder height can let you see at a glance if there's someone coming up behind you. I found it worked for me when I had a cube that was positioned to have my back to the entry way. Plus it was a conversation piece... "why is there a mirror there?" "So I can see who's behind me..." then the cute girl leans into check her makeup or whatever.

To answer the question, everything bothers me but I don't let most of it get to me.
View Quote

I'll give that shot..Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

they even sell "cube mirrors" that are convex so you can see from many angles. . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! I had no idea that was even a thing until someone mentioned it earlier in the thread...just ordered on from amazon...we shall see
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
People who refuse to make a right on red under any circumstances even when no cars are coming
View Quote

sorry...I do that

I always feel like this will happen to me

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#32]
People that stand close enough to practically dry hump me in checkout lines, especially when it comes time to pay.  Also people who pay no attention to the "wait here until the next available checkout" type signs, who walk up to the register behind you.  More annoying than stessing.  

When I "accidently" step back and step on their feet they react pissed off like I am invading their space.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Subaru’s and the people in them
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Okay ladies - I'm picking on you for this one....only because of your purses.

When the cashier hands you back your credit card and your receipt, take both and move forward so that the person behind you can start their transaction.

Don't sit there and fiddle around tucking each individual item away while the both of us stare at you.

Move forward.  Get out of the way.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top