User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like this target, if we could use it

click

here's seven round from the same rifle yesterday using the blue target.  i dunno about the one on the left

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/onehalfmvsquared/hobby/LW%20barrel%20test/SCN_0043_zps0ovv1qek.jpg

That's really good shooting.  Now add 7 more and one for good luck.

View Quote

"UN Blue."  A great target, actually!!  

But for this the goal is to make everything as uniform as possible, giving everybody the same target.  Thus the Arfcom Bolt Face Target.  We could actually make a neat thread about targets and the best type for this and that, but the goal here is to get everybody on the same target, same time, same distance and same # shots.  If you can print the Arfcom target, please use it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is nobody with an FAL or Garand or AK or HK91 gonna give this a try?
View Quote

FAL is in the works.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

FAL is in the works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is nobody with an FAL or Garand or AK or HK91 gonna give this a try?

FAL is in the works.

Awesome!!

I wanna see some FAL magic here!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like I'll be going to see the Inlaws next weekend, and they have a nice outdoor shooting range near them. Time to print out targets and see what this beastie and me can do

(Pic was from a bench at 100 using a 4moa front post and bags in the front only)
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:48:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be going to see the Inlaws next weekend, and they have a nice outdoor shooting range near them. Time to print out targets and see what this beastie and me can dohttp://i.imgur.com/mehOkD9.jpg

(Pic was from a bench at 100 using a 4moa front post and bags in the front only)
View Quote

That sounds great!

Have at it and report the results!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Apologies to MRW:  

Updated and very good shooting...super cool rifle, too!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I figured Independence Day was as good a time as any so here goes:

First off:

I guess this is carbine length optical but feel free to move if you start a rimfire section

Marlin m975-

cheap Winchester scope

Cci minimag

The target

So if I did it right this one is 4.71 in group giving 4.498moa

Diesel_Maximus_2992 – marlin 795 – Barrel Length 16in- Winchester 4x32 from academy – CCI minimag - Sitting, knees up arms on knees – Group size:4.71 = MOA 4.498

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

Built up lower/ stag 3ghl upper/ magpul mbus pro irons

The targets

Diesel_Maximus_2992 – Frankin lower/stag 3ghl upper – 19inbarrel- magpul mbus pro flip irons– American eagle m193 - Sitting knees up, feet flat arms on knees – group:7.27= MOA: 6.95

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

http://i.imgur.com/qiFFkPH.jpg

The targets
http://i.imgur.com/9Fkr61P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qWlbk50.jpg

So if I did that one right this one was 7.27 in group giving 6.95moa

Both were done sitting

View Quote

Great job DM2992!!  

Put'em in the right format and I will post them up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Great job DM2992!!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

The targets

Both were done sitting

Great job DM2992!!  

Thought I did:(. What am I missing

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

The targets

Both were done sitting

Great job DM2992!!  

All spelled out in the rules on page one.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

The targets

Both were done sitting

Great job DM2992!!  

Found and fixed.

I missed it in the wall of text on my iphone
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
In for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Found and fixed.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Next one

Rifle length iron sight:

Franklin 15

The targets

Both were done sitting

Great job DM2992!!  

Found and fixed.    

Thanks and posted!
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump for new shooters.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry for the lack of pics. Wasn't worth taking one after I was done.

K98 rebarreled to 7.62 Nato
Sitting at a bench. Public range.
Irons
Had several fail to feeds, and at one point the magazine decided to eject 2 rounds on its own which I had to hunt down, so the 2 minute limit was fucked.
It was also really humid and my hands were sweating to the point I had to readjust my grip with each shot because of how much the gun was sliding around in my hands.
Managed to score ONE hit on the target. The other 14 were 6 inches to the right of the paper and in a vertical line about 24 inches long (breath control is for faggots ) and about 3 inches at its widest.

I'd say I don't even qualify here...
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sorry for the lack of pics. Wasn't worth taking one after I was done.

K98 rebarreled to 7.62 Nato
Sitting at a bench. Public range.
Irons
Had several fail to feeds, and at one point the magazine decided to eject 2 rounds on its own which I had to hunt down, so the 2 minute limit was fucked.
It was also really humid and my hands were sweating to the point I had to readjust my grip with each shot because of how much the gun was sliding around in my hands.
Managed to score ONE hit on the target. The other 14 were 6 inches to the right of the paper and in a vertical line about 24 inches long (breath control is for faggots ) and about 3 inches at its widest.

I'd say I don't even qualify here...
View Quote

This is a great post.

I've read the rebarreled 98k's issued to the Israeli's were extremely UN-reliable.  But then my Yugo 48's wouldn't feed worth a darn and neither did my Yugo 24/47.  

Drift your front sight to the right and have another go at it.  

We can't leave Mosin Nagants on the board without a challenge from a Mauser!  

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Where are the "FAL - AK - Garand Guys"?

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ugh if only I wasn't thousands of miles away from my guns

Consider this a tag
View Quote

If only I had a 100 yard range

Id compare my wasr, 20"A2, and m4a1 clone with aimpoint
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll bring my Garand and AK out eventually.

So I learned something just now. I read your recommendation to adjust the front sight post and went to take a look at my rifle. Looks like I can't adjust it. Odd. So I started looking around on the net about what a 98K front sight post is supposed to look like and how to move it. The 98k sight looks nothing like what mine has. Great. What the fuck do I own then? I combed over the rifle and found "Oviedo Spain" on the under side of the barrel, near the muzzle. A quick google search later and apparently I'm the proud owner of a M1916 Civil Guardia Spanish Mauser clone. After more reading, apparently there's some thought that the rifle wasn't built to withstand the pressures of .308 Win, and instead were to use .308 CETME (7.62 Nato), due to lower pressure. The importer has a stamp under the Oviedo mark that says 308W though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So I learned something just now. I read your recommendation to adjust the front sight post and went to take a look at my rifle. Looks like I can't adjust it. Odd. So I started looking around on the net about what a 98K front sight post is supposed to look like and how to move it. The 98k sight looks nothing like what mine has. Great. What the fuck do I own then? I combed over the rifle and found "Oviedo Spain" on the under side of the barrel, near the muzzle. A quick google search later and apparently I'm the proud owner of a M1916 Civil Guardia Spanish Mauser clone. After more reading, apparently there's some thought that the rifle wasn't built to withstand the pressures of .308 Win, and instead were to use .308 CETME (7.62 Nato), due to lower pressure. The importer has a stamp under the Oviedo mark that says 308W though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah Ha!

There are many configurations of front sights on Mausers.  Normally they are set in a dovetail and can be drifted to zero.  I am not familiar with a fixed front sight on a Spanish Mauser.   There are lots of variations though.

If you can't adjust it, it is a Kentucky Windage proposition.

As for the pressure issues, the guns chambered in .308 and made on '93 Spanish Mauser actions are indeed said to be questionable.  Not sure.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey EVR, I am gonna use this as a Drill of the Week coming up here.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sounds great!  Tell'em to post their results in the format and we can add them to the rankings!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That sounds great!  Tell'em to post their results in the format and we can add them to the rankings!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my plan
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ah Ha!

There are many configurations of front sights on Mausers.  Normally they are set in a dovetail and can be drifted to zero.  I am not familiar with a fixed front sight on a Spanish Mauser.   There are lots of variations though.

As for the pressure issues, the guns chambered in .308 and made on '93 Spanish Mauser actions are indeed said to be questionable.  Not sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah Ha!

This is the rifle. Looks like all I have to do is knock out the hood pin, and then drift the sight leaf over. Should be easy (theoretically).

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I get a handy cap if I use a smooth bore musket?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This is the rifle. Looks like all I have to do is knock out the hood pin, and then drift the sight leaf over. Should be easy (theoretically).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ho-VzTmoRBQ/VF57ZVMIZ8I/AAAAAAAAA1g/ny8oX49xOFA/s1600/1916mau.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah Ha!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ho-VzTmoRBQ/VF57ZVMIZ8I/AAAAAAAAA1g/ny8oX49xOFA/s1600/1916mau.jpg

How is the front sight blade secured?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Can I get a handy cap if I use a smooth bore musket?
View Quote

No but that's the point.

Shoot it and we will post it.  If you know others w/ guns like yours have them post them and we will build up a database.  You got me curious, now.  I'd love to see some smokepole results!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a standard mauser blade sight in a dovetail.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good.  Then it should be able to be drifted to the right to move the shots to the left.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7.62 NATO is just fine.  The Guardia Civil manuals for the rifle all state that that is what the conversions are meant to shoot.  7.62 CETME is virtually identical in terms of pressure, anyways.  Spanish manuals show a slight difference while Santa Barbara's treatise on cartridges (and they produced both NATO and CETME ammo) states that the pressure is exactly the same.  I wouldn't use those Light Magnum loads or anything heavy like that, though.  With ball ammo and some heavier bullets with reasonable loads the rifle should be just fine.  There is a way to zero these rifles, I'm just not sure what it is.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Oooookaaaaay. Brought out the WASR-10 today. And boy did it kick my ass. Not because it recoils hard or anything. But several other things. I almost called it a day half way through my ammo. First thing I did before I even left my house was slice open my knuckle with downloading my mags (range only allows 3 rounds per mag). Didn't bleed too bad though.  So I get there and it's about 90*, sunny, maybe 1 mph wind. Perfect. There's only one other guy there, and he was packing up.

So I set up my target, and let the first 15 fly. Not a damn hit on the paper . So I took a look at my rifle, and the rear sight was set to 100 (logical right?) and it was causing me to hit about 6 inches low. So I pulled it back to the "P" setting (point blank I'm assuming), and sure as shit, the next 15 rounds I'm scoring hits.

It's still a bit low and to the right about 5 inches, so I pull out the AK tool kit from the buttstock and turn the front sight down about half turn. Nothing I can do for the windage at the range, so I'll just have to guesstimate my POA. I pop the kit back in the stock and let fly 15 more rounds while aiming a bit towards the left of the target, about where the 8 ring is. Now it's a touch too high, but i'm closer to the center, but still a bit right. Now the fun begins....

I stick my thumb into the stock again to retrieve the kit. Now, I have small lady like hands with narrow fingers. Smedium gloves would fit me. So what happens? I push the door flap down too far and the tool kit PINS MY FUCKING THUMB INSIDE THE STOCK. I literally couldn't get my thumb out without either breaking the tip of my thumb, or unscrewing the buttplate! Thankfully there a guy a few benches down that has a screwdriver on hand. So he pops out the screws and..... the goddamn buttplate stays put. We even tried prying it off with his swiss army knife. No love. Then I just said fuck it, shoved my thumb deeper into the stock (take it you commie bitch!!!) and somehow managed to pull it out, sore but not broken.  Now that I also the tool kit out, I try to open it.... oh joy, the lid is stuck. A couple good taps on the table and it pops off sending the tool parts every where FML. 5 minutes later, I find all the tools, make my adjustments, and throw the kit into the ammo box I have with me. Back to shooting.

I head down range and set up another target. 15 rounds sitting at a bench unsupported. Planted my elbow into my thigh and put the base of the mag into the palm of my hand. 9 hits, all a bit low and right. Good thing this is practice. Load up another 15, and let them go at the head. Now I wait to go down to the targets, because now there are about 5 or 6 others shooting. Set the rifle down, kinda space out a bit, looking at the pretty trees and whatnot, go to rest my arm on the table and OWWWWW FUUUUCK!!!!! Planted my right elbow right on the still smoldering gas block...

I get down range and set up my actual challenge target to the right of my practice target. I shoot and all 15 are on paper, with 14 hits. I still have a few rounds left over so I pop them off at the practice one, one accidentally hitting the qual target . So there are 16 holes now.

So where are the pics? Well I can't be lolly gagging taking pics down range at a public place while people are waiting to shoot, so I'll do everything tomorrow. I had a few flyers, but most everything landed in a 7 or 8 inch circle. Not stupid incredibly accurate, but enough for shtf.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oooookaaaaay. Brought out the WASR-10 today. And boy did it kick my ass. Not because it recoils hard or anything. But several other things. I almost called it a day half way through my ammo. First thing I did before I even left my house was slice open my knuckle with downloading my mags (range only allows 3 rounds per mag). Didn't bleed too bad though.  So I get there and it's about 90*, sunny, maybe 1 mph wind. Perfect. There's only one other guy there, and he was packing up.

So I set up my target, and let the first 15 fly. Not a damn hit on the paper . So I took a look at my rifle, and the rear sight was set to 100 (logical right?) and it was causing me to hit about 6 inches low. So I pulled it back to the "P" setting (point blank I'm assuming), and sure as shit, the next 15 rounds I'm scoring hits.

It's still a bit low and to the right about 5 inches, so I pull out the AK tool kit from the buttstock and turn the front sight down about half turn. Nothing I can do for the windage at the range, so I'll just have to guesstimate my POA. I pop the kit back in the stock and let fly 15 more rounds while aiming a bit towards the left of the target, about where the 8 ring is. Now it's a touch too high, but i'm closer to the center, but still a bit right. Now the fun begins....

I stick my thumb into the stock again to retrieve the kit. Now, I have small lady like hands with narrow fingers. Smedium gloves would fit me. So what happens? I push the door flap down too far and the tool kit PINS MY FUCKING THUMB INSIDE THE STOCK. I literally couldn't get my thumb out without either breaking the tip of my thumb, or unscrewing the buttplate! Thankfully there a guy a few benches down that has a screwdriver on hand. So he pops out the screws and..... the goddamn buttplate stays put. We even tried prying it off with his swiss army knife. No love. Then I just said fuck it, shoved my thumb deeper into the stock (take it you commie bitch!!!) and somehow managed to pull it out, sore but not broken.  Now that I also the tool kit out, I try to open it.... oh joy, the lid is stuck. A couple good taps on the table and it pops off sending the tool parts every where FML. 5 minutes later, I find all the tools, make my adjustments, and throw the kit into the ammo box I have with me. Back to shooting.

I head down range and set up another target. 15 rounds sitting at a bench unsupported. Planted my elbow into my thigh and put the base of the mag into the palm of my hand. 9 hits, all a bit low and right. Good thing this is practice. Load up another 15, and let them go at the head. Now I wait to go down to the targets, because now there are about 5 or 6 others shooting. Set the rifle down, kinda space out a bit, looking at the pretty trees and whatnot, go to rest my arm on the table and OWWWWW FUUUUCK!!!!! Planted my right elbow right on the still smoldering gas block...

I get down range and set up my actual challenge target to the right of my practice target. I shoot and all 15 are on paper, with 14 hits. I still have a few rounds left over so I pop them off at the practice one, one accidentally hitting the qual target . So there are 16 holes now.

So where are the pics? Well I can't be lolly gagging taking pics down range at a public place while people are waiting to shoot, so I'll do everything tomorrow. I had a few flyers, but most everything landed in a 7 or 8 inch circle. Not stupid incredibly accurate, but enough for shtf.
View Quote

Lol, feel better bud
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So ... somebody got a new rifle and is trying to completely dominate the (C) < 18" w/ optics class?

Well...

With the YHM QD, my 16" carbine doesn't meet the < 18" class.
Hmmm.
I'm thinking about putting my 2.5-10x Vortex on my 9mm AR pistol just so I can enter the < 18" w/ optics class.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/Arms/_DSC0743Az_zpsc3geefga.jpg

Ok, the aggression might stand.  I would have to re-adjust the tension on my scope mount, and I don't know if I want to do that.  

This may be a poorly conceived plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
So ... somebody got a new rifle and is trying to completely dominate the (C) < 18" w/ optics class?

Well...
This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

With the YHM QD, my 16" carbine doesn't meet the < 18" class.
Hmmm.
I'm thinking about putting my 2.5-10x Vortex on my 9mm AR pistol just so I can enter the < 18" w/ optics class.

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z362/0471861731/Arms/_DSC0743Az_zpsc3geefga.jpg

Ok, the aggression might stand.  I would have to re-adjust the tension on my scope mount, and I don't know if I want to do that.  

This may be a poorly conceived plan.

LOL! Wtf do you have a dope card in your scope cap for?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#36]
I think I'll take off work early and take the  Arsenal SLR-106F to the range today to try it.

I need to break in this new 1/5 twist GM barrel in the AR anyway, and it's nice out.

Here's hoping I can make this happen. I'll be sure to post the results, no matter how bad they are

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm eager to see what the AK guys can do.

I really do not think the AK is at too bad a disadvantage.  Tho both gone now, I had two SAR's.  The 7.62 was a typical 5 MOA gun while the 5.45 was somwhat better, and at times quite good indeed.  As is common to open sighted rifles, lighting makes a big difference to both zero maintenance and grouping.

Here's a few groups from that rifle back a few years ago.  I really have to admit I liked that rifle and wish I had kept it.  The ".30 Russky" not so much.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok. Here's my result and rifle used.

Again, sitting on a bench, elbow in thigh, bottom of mag in palm of hand. 100 yards.  I threw a couple, but the main group is acceptable.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Not bad.

I didn't make it to the range after all. When I was about to leave, the wind was kicking pretty good. I waited a while, then got pulled back into work.

My plan is to hit the range tomorrow.

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok. Here's my result and rifle used.

Again, sitting on a bench, elbow in thigh, bottom of mag in palm of hand. 100 yards.  I threw a couple, but the main group is acceptable.

http://i.imgur.com/cYSmlmn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hUYtcGn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Em59xu2.jpg

View Quote

OK, good start.

I really want to post some results on the roster.  Stick to the rules and I can get that done!  

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#41]
OK. I made it to the range today with the AK. About perfect conditions. Sunny, warm, with little to no wind (slight breeze out of the SSW).

100 yards, confirmed with Nikon laser rangefinder.

Pics:

Iron-sighted Carbine Division:

Muad - Arsenal SLR-106F AK in 5.56mm - CHF 1/7 barrel - Standard irons sights - ALG Defense AK-T trigger - ZQI SS109/M855 5.56 62gr - crossed leg sitting - 10.475 = 10.005 MOA

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OK. I made it to the range today with the AK. About perfect conditions. Sunny, warm, with little to no wind (slight breeze out of the SSW).

Pics:

http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-1.jpg

http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-2.jpg

http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-3.jpg

http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-group1.jpg

Muad - Arsenal SLR-106F AK in 5.56mm - CHF 1/7 barrel - Standard irons sights - ALG Defense AK-T trigger - ZQI SS109/M855 5.56 62gr - crossed leg sitting - 10.475 = 10.005 MOA

View Quote

Is the ALG worth it over a Tapco?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics:
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-1.jpg
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-2.jpg
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-3.jpg
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ARFCOM-SHTF-Challenge-07312015-group1.jpg

I'm new to the AK world. The only Tapco I've used was one that was worked over by Jim Fuller from Rifle Dynamics, and it was nice.

I can't say that the ALG is better, since I didn't get a lot of time with the above noted trigger. However, the ALG is VERY nice, worlds better than the stock Arsenal trigger (mine was 9LBS 3OZS). It's a nice crisp break, with a positive reset. My only complaint with the ALG is that it's VERY light. Mine is averaging 2LBS 12.6OZS over five pulls with my gauge. I called ALG, and they sent me some more detailed instructions on how to bend the mainspring to increase the weight. I haven't tried it yet. I want it more in the 3.5-4LB range.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm new to the AK world. The only Tapco I've used was one that was worked over by Jim Fuller from Rifle Dynamics, and it was nice.

I can't say that the ALG is better, since I didn't get a lot of time with the above noted trigger. However, the ALG is VERY nice, worlds better than the stock Arsenal trigger (mine was 9LBS 3OZS). It's a nice crisp break, with a positive reset. My only complaint with the ALG is that it's VERY light. Mine is averaging 2LBS 12.6OZS over five pulls with my gauge. I called ALG, and they sent me some more detailed instructions on how to bend the mainspring to increase the weight. I haven't tried it yet. I want it more in the 3.5-4LB range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics:

Great job, Muad and thanks for posting!!  That looks great and I hope we get lots more!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Sighting in a 4X ACOG this morning.
Topper1
100 yds
20" FN barrel 21.5" oal
ZQI ss109 ammo
Seated with a sling
First attempt 7.25"
Second attempt 5.75"

Range

Rifle

Targets

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sighting in a 4X ACOG this morning.
Topper1
100 yds
20" FN barrel 21.5" oal
ZQI ss109 ammo
Seated with a sling
First attempt 7.25"
Second attempt 5.75"

Range
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc484/Topper111/IMG_20150801_101550879_zps7fxxutiw.jpg

Rifle
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc484/Topper111/IMG_20150801_101542339_zpsdynj1pez.jpg

Targets
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc484/Topper111/IMG_20150801_111412960_zpsva1ue7kz.jpg

View Quote

Good job!!

But...

Check out the rules and have another go at it.

No slings allowed.  

Put your results in the correct copy/paste format so I can post it up.

Good shooting and really neat rifle, too.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, you can use a sling. But you HAVE to note it. Make sure we know you did. It will be interesting to compare and see how the various shooting positions are used. Yeah, go ahead.

Sorry, I understood that slings could be used.

I'm hoping to take another stab at it anyway. The optic needs to be moved forward because it was biting me in the forehead and I think I can get under 5" with a bit of practice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes, you can use a sling. But you HAVE to note it. Make sure we know you did. It will be interesting to compare and see how the various shooting positions are used. Yeah, go ahead.

I'm hoping to take another stab at it anyway. The optic needs to be moved forward because it was biting me in the forehead and I think I can get under 5" with a bit of practice.
View Quote

Wow, where is that so I can strike it? I'm sorry about that.  I know this thing has been edited but the rules are here {first page}:

4} SHOOTING RULES; 100 YARDS, 15 SHOTS WITHIN 2 MINUTES.

Standing/Sitting/Kneeling/Squatting all OK. NO USE OF ANY SUPPORT!

ALL SHOOTING MUST BE UN-supported AND NO prone.

NO bags. NO sling. NO sticks. NO bipods. NO benches. NO supports of any kind.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wow, where is that so I can strike it? I'm sorry about that.  I know this thing has been edited but the rules are here {first page}:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the rationale for no prone and no sling?  The former is a field position and the latter is something used in the field that is attached to the weapon.  Are the jackass field positions acceptable?
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another target with no sling:
" />

Topper1 20" FN barrel 21.5 oal 4X ACOG ZQI 62 gr 5.56 Cross legged seated 5.625" 5.372 moa
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top