BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 235
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same stuff basically they use on golf courses....it can be installed in a day or two
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99 days until the opener against Arizona State.

I know I've seen an Arizona fan post occasionally in here.  Do we have any ASU fans lurking?

Kyle Field is coming along.....still some work to do before the year gets going.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11141290_771877949577113_3804539205492090519_o.jpg

I wonder if they are going to try to get real grass established this year or if they are going to use fake for a season?

Same stuff basically they use on golf courses....it can be installed in a day or two

Yeah...I know, but last year they got it in too late and the roots didn't take well enough.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
99 days until the opener against Arizona State.

I know I've seen an Arizona fan post occasionally in here.  Do we have any ASU fans lurking?

Kyle Field is coming along.....still some work to do before the year gets going.

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11141290_771877949577113_3804539205492090519_o.jpg
View Quote

I'm sure all the rain hasn't helped.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I definitely would take the over....hell I had "over" that before Golson. With Golson we can make a run at undefeated this year.

9.5 wins should be no problem if things click. Admittedly we have a weak schedule this year compared to the last couple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5dimes released the 2015 over/under for wins for all 128 teams.

List your favorite team. Hey this is as good as it gets at this point of the "season".

Texas 6.5 wins.

Seems about right. I sure as hell wouldn't take the over at this point.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25196379/dimes-releases-2015-college-football-win-totals

I definitely would take the over....hell I had "over" that before Golson. With Golson we can make a run at undefeated this year.

9.5 wins should be no problem if things click. Admittedly we have a weak schedule this year compared to the last couple.

Snort. Glad NG has passed the torch.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

List your favorite team. Hey this is as good as it gets at this point of the "season".

Texas 6.5 wins.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25196379/dimes-releases-2015-college-football-win-totals

Remind me again how many games we lost in the last two years?

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas 6.5 wins.

Last year? Just the important one.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas 6.5 wins.

Remind me again what your SOS has been the past two years?

Oh yeah...

2014: 47
2013: 36

Not hard to win alot of games when you have one of the weakest schedules in the nation. But congrats on beating , like what, 3 ranked teams in the past couple years?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh yeah...

Not hard to win alot of games when you have one of the weakest schedules in the nation. But congrats on beating , like what, 3 ranked teams in the past couple years?
View Quote

Dude, seriously until you put out that raging dumpster fire down there you shouldn't talk .....about anything......other than how bad you suck.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Counting on them shitting the bed again this year. They came out like gangbusters last year and somehow lost all their steam and finished the year looking like a mediocre team.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
7.5 for the good guys (Texas A&M)

I'm hoping for better with Chavis and our defensive additions along with our offense getting older.  We shall see, the SEC West will be brutal as always.

That's a great bet on the over with our home schedule this year.
Where are 5 losses coming from?

Counting on them shitting the bed again this year. They came out like gangbusters last year and somehow lost all their steam and finished the year looking like a mediocre team.

Our leadership in the locker room (namely Trill Hill) was a huge factor in that. Having a true freshman step in as starting QB halfway thru the year when we are starting to hit the SEC West stretch, what can one expect?
Losing 3 returning defensive starters to suspension before the season even started didn't help a defense that already needed help. Now we have a defensive mastermind to fix that shit. The athletes are there. They just need a coach who knows what the hell he is doing.
8-4 or 9-3 this year is cake.
Look at our schedule. We catch Bama, Auburn and SC at home.
I just can't find 5 losses.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Our leadership in the locker room (namely Trill Hill) was a huge factor in that. Having a true freshman step in as starting QB halfway thru the year when we are starting to hit the SEC West stretch, what can one expect?

Losing 3 returning defensive starters to suspension before the season even started didn't help a defense that already needed help. Now we have a defensive mastermind to fix that shit. The athletes are there. They just need a coach who knows what the hell he is doing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm hoping for better with Chavis and our defensive additions along with our offense getting older.  We shall see, the SEC West will be brutal as always.

10-3 is our record this year.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dude, seriously until you put out that raging dumpster fire down there you shouldn't talk .....about anything......other than how bad you suck.

Seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh yeah...

Seriously.

How much does it suck knowing that the worst Gators coach in damn near a century, came into Doak and whupped you? Not only that, but the only reason you've been able to beat the Gators is because of that. Like girls* getting all rowdy, knowing daddy aint home yet. Dont you worry your pretty little head, daddy is coming home soon.

* For those that didnt know, the 1905 Buchman Act established FSU as the Florida State College for Women. Then over the next 38 years, FSU became one of the leading school for women in the nation. Even to this day, FSU is a bastion for the effeminate and dainty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the right leadership....I definitely agree with that. Far too many games lost last year that should have/could have been won.

Aggies can definitely have a winning season.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
'
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
9-3 or 10-2 regular season.
I'm thinking about flying to Vegas just to place a futures bet on that over 7.5 wins.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Didnt see this mentioned in here yet. Dont know how to embed tweets, so just quoting.  

SEC made $455M in revenue, Big 12 “little north of $250M" past year, sources told @ESPN
View Quote

SEC will distribute $31.07M per school in revenue, sources told @ESPN.
View Quote

A&M made the right choice.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didnt see this mentioned in here yet. Dont know how to embed tweets, so just quoting.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

SEC made $455M in revenue, Big 12 “little north of $250M" past year, sources told @ESPN

And that's projected to possibly be over 40 mil per school next year.
That's a lot of $

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mudholing Texas every year is fun, though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Yeah, that guy was the biggest hypocrite at ESPN. No tears shed here.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He was not a fan of A&M....and the feeling was mutual because I was not a fan of him.  It's too bad he'll still be doing some commentary for the network instead of just being told to GTFO.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Fuck Mark May. I bet the michigan fans will be upset as they loved his Buckeye hating bullshit  

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#21]

I really hated that guy.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yup, he was a self righteous sanctimonious a-hole.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I think the May, Brown, Saunders show will be entertaining.  

Mack seems like a good guy, I'd never want him as head ball coach, but good guy regardless.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Mack seems like a good guy, I'd never want him as head ball coach, but good guy regardless.
View Quote

He does.  I feel bad for Mack having to cohost a show with that asshole May.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I dont remeber too much talk about this during last year's thread. More of a regional type deal.

UAB canceled their football program. Looks like after much pressure, and donor money, it's back.

UAB Football back

Not sure how I feel about this, it was canceled in the first place because of lack of solvency. I also think it was being used, in a "wink wink nod nod" type of way as a Bama proper farm/evaluation school. If donors want to prop it up, it's fine I guess.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I really hated that guy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I really hated that guy.

I actually refused to watch any ESPN show he was on.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Oh yeah...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Texas 6.5 wins.

Oh yeah...

Must kind of burn to know UF's shit team added to FSU's weak SOS the last 2 years huh?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Must kind of burn to know UF's shit team added to FSU's weak SOS the last 2 years huh?
View Quote

It doesnt burn as much as not being able to scroll up acouple posts and see where I already addressed this exact response.

FSU, where reading isnt necessary; it's actively discouraged.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
T shirt fans
View Quote

Having not read the link yet. My top 3 guesses in no particular order:

Bama,
Seminoles
ND

-edit- Now that I've seen it.

Heh, snagged two of them according to their... iffy methodology. I'm guessing the Gator "likes" are leftover from before the Muschamp era. Actually, probably alot of basketball likes in there. Seeing as how the only SEC team worth a shit in basketball are the gators. Well... the same with every sport sans football as of late, seeing as we've won the SEC all sports trophy like 23 out of the past 25 years.

I kinda think the FSU numbers will be naturally skewed. All those tards at walmart in their semenhole shirts, they've got nothing to do all day but "like" facebook pages. Cuz a degree from FSU sure as shit means they wont have a job. Hence the high "like" to "went there" ratio.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bama,
Seminoles
ND
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

Bama,
Seminoles
ND

It's based on facebook so it's far from scientific...but lines up with what I usually encounter around here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

loved that game

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#34]
You are a sad angry little man.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Bama,
Seminoles
ND

Heh, snagged two of them according to their... iffy methodology. I'm guessing the Gator "likes" are leftover from before the Muschamp era. Actually, probably alot of basketball likes in there.

Seeing as how the only SEC team worth a shit in basketball are the gators. Kentucky & 7 other teams that finished with better records this year might disagree with you.  Florida finished the season @ 16-17.

Well... the same with every sport sans football as of late, seeing as we've won the SEC all sports trophy like 23 out of the past 25 years. I did not know that.  That's pretty impressive.

I kinda think the FSU numbers will be naturally skewed. All those tards at walmart in their semenhole shirts, they've got nothing to do all day but "like" facebook pages. Cuz a degree from FSU sure as shit means they wont have a job. Hence the high "like" to "went there" ratio.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

Bama,
Seminoles
ND

Heh, snagged two of them according to their... iffy methodology. I'm guessing the Gator "likes" are leftover from before the Muschamp era. Actually, probably alot of basketball likes in there.

Seeing as how the only SEC team worth a shit in basketball are the gators. Kentucky & 7 other teams that finished with better records this year might disagree with you.  Florida finished the season @ 16-17.

Well... the same with every sport sans football as of late, seeing as we've won the SEC all sports trophy like 23 out of the past 25 years. I did not know that.  That's pretty impressive.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It doesnt burn as much as not being able to scroll up acouple posts and see where I already addressed this exact response.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, must have missed it. I'm sure your response was profound. Worth repeating though regardless. Good luck this year ace
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bama,

Seminoles

ND

Heh, snagged two of them according to their... iffy methodology. I'm guessing the Gator "likes" are leftover from before the Muschamp era. Actually, probably alot of basketball likes in there. Seeing as how the only SEC team worth a shit in basketball are the gators. Well... the same with every sport sans football as of late, seeing as we've won the SEC all sports trophy like 23 out of the past 25 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bama,

Seminoles

ND

It's definitely true that Bama, UGA, and UF have disproportionally large percentages of their fan bases that are the trailer park types. None of which ever even graduated high school, let alone graduate from the school they cheer for. Precisely ZERO of my coworkers that are gator fans actually went to UF. About half (4/8) of my Coworkers who cheer for the Noles are alumni. Then there's the lonely, and misguided Auburn and Bama fans. Neither of which went to either school, nor are they from the state of Alabama.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I'm not really surprised that A&M has the highest percentage of alumni fans.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hell, I've been to Husker games since I was 12.  I guarantee you I'm a more legit fan than 90% of the alumni.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

This was (iirc) power 5 schools.  I'm willing to bet places like the service academies would be even higher.

Though I'm not surprised either, for several reasons (some positive, some negative).

Eta: biggest t shirt fan surprise to me was Northwestern.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#41]
It could be worse............he could have to share the studio with Danny Kannell

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

. Kentucky & 7 other teams that finished with better records this year might disagree with you.  Florida finished the season @ 16-17.

View Quote

For basketball, Billy Donovan has had the Gators as a powerhouse for over a decade. But, it's basketball so who cares? Kind of like the all sports trophy and total number of Champions.  Only 5 schools in the nation have more championships than the Gators. But it's not football so who cares?

Gators have sucked dick the last two years in football. That's all that actually maters. Godamn foley spending time making sure the girls lacrosse team does well, while the football program burns to the ground. Jackass should have been fired.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

Nuremberg rallies had high percentages of true believers, too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#45]
If any of you auburn homers will be there tomorrow or friday, I'll be the asshole on campus wearing Gator gear.

An appointment opened up early, so I'll be taking my pup up there for surgery at yalls vet school tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
T shirt fans

http://www.tamug.edu/stuact/Traditions/traditionimages/Muster.jpg

https://thestoribook.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/bonfire.jpg

http://www.forttumbleweed.net/bonfire.jpg

That first pic is from Muster, which is held worldwide to remember Ags that have passed away in the previous year.

Course you probably already know that, especially now that I see the pic label
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That first pic is from Muster, which is held worldwide to remember Ags that have passed away in the previous year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I hope I knew that, especially since I was a student for over 6 years
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This was (iirc) power 5 schools.  I'm willing to bet places like the service academies would be even higher.

Though I'm not surprised either, for several reasons (some positive, some negative).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd never have gotten me to believe, 10 years ago when I was at Baylor, that BU would be middle-of-the-pack for a non-alumni following.

Wonder if Northwestern's status has anything to do with their high-profile sports journalist grads.  Wilbon, Musburger, Schefter, I know there's a fair number more out there on the ESPN family.  Didn't realize how many there were until I looked online trying to figure out why the Northwestern helmet was featured so prominently on PTI.

Link Posted: 6/3/2015 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You'd never have gotten me to believe, 10 years ago when I was at Baylor, that BU would be middle-of-the-pack for a non-alumni following.

View Quote

Geographically they're in a good spot for T shirt fans.  What else are people in Waco going to root for?  

Success breeds t shirt fans...which is the reason for my earlier "negative reason A&M was so high on that list" comment.

ETA: I also have no idea what Northwestern's deal is either.  Midwest Chicago pride maybe?

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Geographically they're in a good spot for T shirt fans.  What else are people in Waco going to root for?  

Success breeds t shirt fans...which is the reason for my earlier "negative reason A&M was so high on that list" comment.

ETA: I also have no idea what Northwestern's deal is either.  Midwest Chicago pride maybe?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely pot heads in Seattle and Portland who think "North Western" is about them.
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top