User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 235
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Monk
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]

How about some REALISTIC predictions of your teams record.

A&M
9-3

Maybe 10-2 depending on our defensive improvement under Chavis.
We catch SC, Bama and Auburn at home so that helps
LSU on the road and they will be wanting to show Chavis that he made a mistake leaving. And they seem to be the team that has our number right now.
The Hogs at Jerrys World is never easy and they are going to be good this year. They got better and better last year.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#4]

GO BLUE

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
GEAUX TIGERS!

Last year wasn't so great; hopefully we can do better this year.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A&M
9-3

View Quote

Anything less than a national championship will be viewed as an upset for my buckeyes.

We will have much more talent than last year.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]

And people said he was too immature!  What were we thinking?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
85 Yards Through The Heart of the South

http://i.imgur.com/xxQmZaz.gif
View Quote

Northwest Passage?

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm hoping OU can go 9-3.  They won't beat Baylor or TCU with Mike Stoops running the defense.  They play both KSU and OSU away, so will drop one or both of those.

So probably 8-4 though since they are under a new offense and offensive coordinator.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I think we're good for 7-8 wins at minimum.  Max, 10-11 wins.

The biggest hurdle is going to be TCU in Ft. Worth.  I honestly don't see us winning that one, but it would be awesome.  It'd be even more awesome to three-peat as Big 12 champs, but I...(grinds teeth)...really don't see anyone besides TCU as Big 12 champs this year, barring injury/unforeseen craziness.

I'd like to think we might be able to break whatever unholy curse keeps us winless in Stillwater this year, but who knows.

At KSU and vs. OU will be tough games as well.  The past few years Tech has played above their talent level against us.

The biggest question will be how Russell steps up.  I think he'll do pretty well, but he has a tendency to think he can fit some passes into windows that aren't there (basically the opposite of Petty, who could be way too conservative at times).  That could be due to wanting to show off his abilities when in a backup role, so if he's the unquestioned starter some of that pressure may be off.  Still, who knows.

Second biggest question is who fills Bryce Hager's spot at linebacker.

Third question (well, really the question of the decade to date for BU football) is whether or not our secondary will learn to play pass defense.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I never would have guessed, a Buckeye obsessed with the SEC. I think this is the 1st time I have ever seen something like this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm hoping for 7-8 wins this year.

With the non-existence of the offensive line, thanks to the future Georgia Hall of Fame'r Willy Muskrat, I'm thinking it will be closer to 6-7 wins.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I never would have guessed, a Buckeye obsessed with the SEC. I think this is the 1st time I have ever seen something like this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yawn.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yawn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yawn.

I know, Buckeyes be slipping. It took a good 7 whole posts into the new thread until the famous "Buckeye Little Sister Complex" showed up. That should have been the second reply, because the 1st reply was reserved for schedule updates.

No one is going to believe yall are actual bucknuts if there has only been three references to the south/SEC so far. It's required that at least 95% of your replies be about the SEC, 4% a mix of other teams, then 1% about buckeye games that you didnt actually watch.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Really interested to see what he does with that team.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know, Buckeyes be slipping. It took a good 7 whole posts into the new thread until the famous "Buckeye Little Sister Complex" showed up. That should have been the second reply, because the 1st reply was reserved for schedule updates.

No one is going to believe yall are actual bucknuts if there has only been three references to the south/SEC so far. It's required that at least 95% of your replies be about the SEC, 4% a mix of other teams, then 1% about buckeye games that you didnt actually watch.
View Quote

It's tempting to take the bait but we all saw the exposé that was bowl season.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Roll Tide.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A&M
9-3

LSU on the road and they will be wanting to show Chavis that he made a mistake leaving. And they seem to be the team that has our number right now.
The Hogs at Jerrys World is never easy and they are going to be good this year. They got better and better last year.

View Quote

However, I'm hoping our defense with Mack and Chavis brings back those two words.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/Arfcom/allow-it_zpset3affzs.gif

However, I'm hoping our defense with Mack and Chavis brings back those two works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A&M
9-3

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/Arfcom/allow-it_zpset3affzs.gif

However, I'm hoping our defense with Mack and Chavis brings back those two works.

I don't know if one off season is enough to fix that defense.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A&M
9-3

Maybe not completely but the scheme Chavis runs is slightly simpler than what Snyder was doing with gap responsibility. The man on man coverage in the secondary in lieu of the zone is pretty dam simple to know what your responsibility is now. If we suffer blown coverage it's going to be pretty easy to know who was responsible for that and we shoudlnt see receivers completely open. Also just pressing the rush up the field is going to play into Garrett's and Mack's stregnths. Teams cant double team both of them. Their ability alone should make the linebackers better and help the secondary tremendously with pressure on the QB to get rid of the ball sooner than he might really like.
I have thought for a while that 2016 was going to be when we are really going to be good and we will be. I just wish we had this years schedule then. We are loaded at home this year.
The Wrecking Crew is on its way back. Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

He took Stanford which has stricter academic restrictions and much less recruiting power than Michigan or ND and still managed to dominate Pete Carrol and Chip Kelly. You know that "moron Pete Carrol who coached USC to a PAC-10 power house and winning nation titles, and winning Super Bowls in the NFL.

I don't know what to expect this year. But Nichigan will be a dominant team in the Big 10 again.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

A&M

9-3

View Quote

For AU...really depends on Boom's impact on our D. Our O should be better overall this year.

Little improvement in D? 8-5 to 9-3...with lots of shootouts.

Makes good strides and gets our D in the top 3 or 4 in the SEC (top 30 or so in the nation...)? Imagine we'd be playoff bound....

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I fully expect to go 10-2 this year (I think Clemson may have our number this year).  

Anything better than that and I'll be pleased.
View Quote
I'm slightly more pessimistic than you. I'm thinking 9-3, possibly 8-4. Maguire still didn't look good in the garnet and gold game. The lack of offense has me legitimately worried.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'm slightly more pessimistic than you. I'm thinking 9-3, possibly 8-4. Maguire still didn't look good in the garnet and gold game. The lack of offense has me legitimately worried.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I fully expect to go 10-2 this year (I think Clemson may have our number this year).  

Anything better than that and I'll be pleased.

Don't pay attention to spring games...

Hell...Cam looked horrible in ours and everyone figured he'd be 2nd string and just be a special package guy going into the fall.

Some guys just aren't practice guys.

Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Brick by brick!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think we're good for 7-8 wins at minimum.  Max, 10-11 wins.

The biggest hurdle is going to be TCU in Ft. Worth.  I honestly don't see us winning that one, but it would be awesome.  It'd be even more awesome to three-peat as Big 12 champs, but I...(grinds teeth)...really don't see anyone besides TCU as Big 12 champs this year, barring injury/unforeseen craziness.

I'd like to think we might be able to break whatever unholy curse keeps us winless in Stillwater this year, but who knows.

At KSU and vs. OU will be tough games as well.  The past few years Tech has played above their talent level against us.

The biggest question will be how Russell steps up.  I think he'll do pretty well, but he has a tendency to think he can fit some passes into windows that aren't there (basically the opposite of Petty, who could be way too conservative at times).  That could be due to wanting to show off his abilities when in a backup role, so if he's the unquestioned starter some of that pressure may be off.  Still, who knows.

Second biggest question is who fills Bryce Hager's spot at linebacker.

Third question (well, really the question of the decade to date for BU football) is whether or not our secondary will learn to play pass defense.
View Quote
10 wins is your floor.

You'll again have one of the weakest schedules and play in the weakest of the P5 conferences.

TCU is your only real threat for a loss, maybe OU.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A&M

9-3

If our LB get healthy, we'll be fine.

10 wins is the goal this year.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#31]

I hate when OSU is favored at the beginning of the year, it seems like it's the kiss of death But if Meyer can keep their heads on straight they should be ok

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I hate when OSU is favored at the beginning of the year, it seems like it's the kiss of death But if Meyer can keep their heads on straight they should be ok

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, the kiss of death was putting the NC on your season schedule. That will backfire.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Odds on which team has the first player arrested for rape, assault or shoplifting?

Thug season has begun!!!

Go UCONN!!!!
Long live the wannabes !!!!

Did we talk about UCONN having 4 players drafted and Tennesee had zero?

I predict 3-7!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

OSU has a winning record when they're underdogs.

I'm really looking forward to the va tech game.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Kyler Murray announced today he's opting out of the MLB draft, will play football and baseball at Texas A&M.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I have successfully developed the maroon kool-aid that Texags always talks about.

(Its straight vodka infused with skittles)

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Kyler Murray announced today he's opting out of the MLB draft, will play football and baseball at Texas A&M.

View Quote

I wish he would redshirt unless needed because of an injury to Allen.
I know his dad doesn't want that but it would be nice to have 2 years between them.
He's good but not knowing the offense and not being there for spring practice is going to put him at a serious disadvantage vs a very talented QB.
2 great QB's with only a year between them sucks.
I guess that's a good problem though vs the alternative we are usually faced with in the QB department.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know his dad doesn't want that but it would be nice to have 2 years between them.
He's good but not knowing the offense and not being there for spring practice is going to put him at a serious disadvantage vs a very talented QB.
I guess that's a good problem though vs the alternative we are usually faced with in the QB department.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2nded.  I know we are THIN at QB due to attrition, but I wish we could redshirt him and give him another year of tearing it up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Starting this thread early this year

Go Noles!

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:44:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Do not know who this guy is, but he looked like he was having fun.

" />

My my my how the mighty can fall.

Have fun in the Burg.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

However, I'm hoping our defense with Mack and Chavis brings back those two words.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A&M

9-3

Don't say it.

And, Gig 'em, Howdy, Hullabaloo!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I have successfully developed the maroon kool-aid that Texags always talks about.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/photo2-3_cleaned.jpg
View Quote

I'm going to need a recipe.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/caboose314/photo2-3_cleaned.jpg

You have inspired me to concoct a potion!

How can I mix Garnet and Gold?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Clemson fans....How did Watson do during the Spring game?

I'm curious if he's really healthy or not.  I see him as being a big part of whether we get a W or L on the schedule this year up there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Apparently Everett Golson is/was in Tallahassee and is most likely going to transfer to FSU?? Honestly didn't even realize he was transferring but this would be a nice plug for a gap we're going to have at the QB position in 2015 if it actually pans out.

ND guys, why is he transferring? I know he had he grades suspension thing (or whatever it was) a while back but I thought he did pretty well for you guys.

Golson
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#47]
He graduated  ND

His time is done there. His NFL stock wasn't that high. So he's trying to "grow his stock"

He's an INT throwing machine. Not sure if he'll be good for us....or do anything that Macguire can't do.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Apparently Everett Golson is/was in Tallahassee and is most likely going to transfer to FSU?? Honestly didn't even realize he was transferring but this would be a nice plug for a gap we're going to have at the QB position in 2015 if it actually pans out.

ND guys, why is he transferring? I know he had he grades suspension thing (or whatever it was) a while back but I thought he did pretty well for you guys.

Golson
View Quote

There's a couple of rumors. One is that he didn't qualify for a masters program at ND. The other and most likely to me is Brian Kelly wanted to run a two qb system this year with Malik Zaire and Golson probably wanted no part of that. He can be great as you guys saw last year, but he can also be horrible when he starts turning the ball over. I wish him luck wherever he goes, he fucked up and got into trouble for cheating and manned up, came back and earned my respect.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

There's a couple of rumors. One is that he didn't qualify for a masters program at ND. The other and most likely to me is Brian Kelly wanted to run a two qb system this year with Malik Zaire and Golson probably wanted no part of that. He can be great as you guys saw last year, but he can also be horrible when he starts turning the ball over. I wish him luck wherever he goes, he fucked up and got into trouble for cheating and manned up, came back and earned my respect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golson

Thanks for the insight. I'd love to have him for next year, even if he has turnover issues. He took ND to the championship a couple years ago and frankly probably should have beat us on our home field last year so I'd still say he's light years more proven than what we have now for 2015. We have another blue chipper coming in 2016 so this seems like a perfect 1 year gap filler.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks for the insight. I'd love to have him for next year, even if he has turnover issues. He took ND to the championship a couple years ago and frankly probably should have beat us on our home field last year so I'd still say he's light years more proven than what we have now for 2015. We have another blue chipper coming in 2016 so this seems like a perfect 1 year gap filler.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golson

Yeah Malik Henry is who I am assuming you are talking about. We recruited him hard as well. Like you said, Golson could be a great one year gap filler.
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top