Arizona State vs Texas A&M
Texas @ Notre Dame
Alabama vs. Wisconsin
Texas State at Florida State
Ohio State @ Virginia Tech

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hater

It actually WILL be a game to watch simply to see how the team has flushed out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Going back to back would be tough, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pull it off.  

I really don't see michigan beating them though. I just think that is wishful thinking on many peoples part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, how the mighty will fall

They're not going back-to-back.

You will get everyone's A-game....every week....every quarter....every down.

Plus, I've already bet that Wolverines finally take them this year.
Going back to back would be tough, but it wouldn't surprise me if they pull it off.  

I really don't see michigan beating them though. I just think that is wishful thinking on many peoples part.

It would be epic if it happened and Harbaugh is a God damned genius, but...not this year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Your days are finished!

MAYBE not this year, but by next year, your coach is going to be outcoached, and players will be outplayed.

You will look alot like that, minus the smiling...........and with a burning dumpster in the background.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So, did abit of excel work. If you've seen the over rated vs under rated list, this is based on that. Just take the delta of preseason vs post season. The way the list is rated however, is garbage. You cant look at a simple year to year sum, as that instantly handicaps teams that are good enough to be rated each year. Rated in the top 10 every year, but maybe a place or two below where you started the season? Well, that team that was rated once in the last thirty years that happened to get ranked one year is "totally under rated" and your team is "totally over rated." The better metric for determining perennial over rating vs under rating is to take the mean of the times actually rated. Table only for teams ranked at least 50% over the past 26 years. Click the image for full size.

ETA  - I think I should do this for only the past 10 years, as that is much more relevant.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So, did abit of excel work. If you've seen the over rated vs under rated list, this is based on that. Just take the delta of preseason vs post season. The way the list is rated however, is garbage. You cant look at a simple year to year sum, as that instantly handicaps teams that are good enough to be rated each year. Rated in the top 10 every year, but maybe a place or two below where you started the season? Well, that team that was rated once in the last thirty years that happened to get ranked one year is "totally under rated" and your team is "totally over rated." The better metric for determining perennial over rating vs under rating is to take the mean of the times actually rated. Table only for teams ranked at least 50% over the past 26 years. Click the image for full size.

http://s21.postimg.org/yl4jhvayd/over_under.png
View Quote

wat?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Ha, I knew Texas would be one of the worst.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, updated for just the past decade. Only kept teams ranked at least 5 times. Some interesting shifts.

I think I might try dropping anything outside of a standard deviation, then reiterating until convergence. That result would give a better idea of steady state over/under ranking.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do you guys think the must watch games of Week 1 will be?

I'm looking forward to:

Auburn vs. Louisville
Alabama vs. Wisconsin
View Quote

ALL of them...........because Thank God its finally college football season.

A few to watch for the great matchups and a few to see how good some of these teams may look against a decent opponent

Michigan vs Utah
TCU vs Minnesota
Stanford vs Northwestern
Louisville vs Auburn
Virginia vs UCLA
BYU vs Nebraska
Arizona St vs A&M
Texas vs Notre Dame
Wisconsin vs Alabama
Ohio St vs Virginia Tech

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Those and
A&M vs. ASU of course....

I would add TCU at Minnesota as I just want to see what TCU looks like this year.

Texas vs Notre Dame. Want to see if Texas can get any offensive production.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What do you guys think the must watch games of Week 1 will be?

I'm looking forward to:

Auburn vs. Louisville
Alabama vs. Wisconsin

Those and
A&M vs. ASU of course....

I would add TCU at Minnesota as I just want to see what TCU looks like this year.

Texas vs Notre Dame. Want to see if Texas can get any offensive production.

If our defense is still as bad as it was last year you guys wont have a problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]
In honor of Baylor....

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of interesting predictions all over for the Arizona State-Texas A&M game.  Vegas has the line at -3 Texas A&M.  Of course all the West Coast guys are saying ASU is looking good, A&M and the SEC are overhyped and they've got it.....while the media around here is saying the opposite.  

One thing that makes me optimistic is when I read ASU papers and websites talking about things like this:

"ASU's offensive line is in good shape through the middle, but they have no experience on the outside. Junior Evan Goodman (left tackle) and senior Billy McGehee (right) are in position to make their first career starts against Texas A&M.

First assignment: Slowing ends Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall, who last season combined for 16 quarterback sacks. Talk about getting thrown into the fire."
View Quote

Their inside guys are both veteran starters, but both tackles are inexperienced and supposedly have been letting the QB get sacked a lot in practice.  This makes me.....happy.

There are enough question marks on both teams that I won't bet a thing on this game, money or Arfcom wise....but I'm starting to see enough positives I'm ready to start drinking some maroon kool aide and think we can win.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
saw this somewhere and laughed

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
saw this somewhere and laughed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNLdJINUcAAg8dV.jpg
View Quote

That's as bad as those photoshops that were popular last year swapping out rival colors onto jerseys.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lots of interesting predictions all over for the Arizona State-Texas A&M game.  Vegas has the line at -3 Texas A&M.  Of course all the West Coast guys are saying ASU is looking good, A&M and the SEC are overhyped and they've got it.....while the media around here is saying the opposite.  

One thing that makes me optimistic is when I read ASU papers and websites talking about things like this:

Their inside guys are both veteran starters, but both tackles are inexperienced and supposedly have been letting the QB get sacked a lot in practice.  This makes me.....happy.

There are enough question marks on both teams that I won't bet a thing on this game, money or Arfcom wise....but I'm starting to see enough positives I'm ready to start drinking some maroon kool aide and think we can win.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"ASU's offensive line is in good shape through the middle, but they have no experience on the outside. Junior Evan Goodman (left tackle) and senior Billy McGehee (right) are in position to make their first career starts against Texas A&M.

First assignment: Slowing ends Myles Garrett and Daeshon Hall, who last season combined for 16 quarterback sacks. Talk about getting thrown into the fire."

Sounds like they don't have much depth on their O-line.
We are pretty deep on the D-line this year.
If thats the case we will chew them up as the game goes on rotating in fresh bodies.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been reading the live updates from the Dalvin Cook trial today (FSU running back accused of punching a woman....no, not that one...different one)

Anyway, among the several things that are horrible about this case (like the State trying to introduce into evidence an "apology from Cook posted on Twitter".....only it was from a fake account and they knew it...they should be disbarred for that) there is ONE thing that has sunk in...........

This accuser is keenly aware of what an accusation can do to a potential NFL contract. She admitted in open court that she wanted to "take his contract".

This should be a HUGE lesson to any player from any school.....there are women out there who know who you are and what you will be worth one day....and they've got no problem coming after it....even if it means stretching the truth....or making it up from whole cloth.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This accuser is keenly aware of what an accusation can do to a potential NFL contract. She admitted in open court that she wanted to "take his contract".

View Quote

So how long can she wait to file a civil case......
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 years.  I believe...could be wrong.  Some states require a letter of intent to sue within 12 months...others 24 months

EDIT: Just looked it up and a cursory search shows it all over the board for different types of civil suits for all 50 states.

Florida seems to be 4 years for most types of civil suits
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been reading the live updates from the Dalvin Cook trial today (FSU running back accused of punching a woman....no, not that one...different one)

Anyway, among the several things that are horrible about this case (like the State trying to introduce into evidence an "apology from Cook posted on Twitter".....only it was from a fake account and they knew it...they should be disbarred for that) there is ONE thing that has sunk in...........

This should be a HUGE lesson to any player from any school.....there are women out there who know who you are and what you will be worth one day....and they've got no problem coming after it....even if it means stretching the truth....or making it up from whole cloth.

View Quote

Just a different approach to being a Golddigger

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also learned today they the accuser's boyfriend is a DB at Auburn, TJ Davis, he got bout run by Kermit Whitfield on his 100 yd TD run in the 2014 NC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Also learned today they the accuser's boyfriend is a DB at Auburn, TJ Davis, he got bout run by Kermit Whitfield on his 100 yd TD run in the 2014 NC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, so much crap.  Guilty or Innocent, there is a SHIT TON of reasonable doubt in this case.

You have two witnesses saying she hit Travis Rudolph, a quazi-admission by her that she hit him (she says she "pushed him, really really hard")

PLUS her saying she was going to "take his contract".  This girl knew what she was doing.

If I was a player in this day and age, I'd wear a GoPro every time I stepped out the door
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
NOT GUILTY

Edit: now let's get on with the season!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Will anyone hold the SA accountable for this BS or is the environment too PC?

Monk
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
NOT GUILTY

Edit: now let's get on with the season!
View Quote

Thank goodness that's over. Should have never even went to trial, especially based off what I read today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Will anyone hold the SA accountable for this BS or is the environment too PC?

Monk
View Quote

As conservative as the town is there is also a very PC liberal streak that runs through it because of the lobbyists (being the state capital)

Short answer: No

EDIT: I have several good friends up there who are either currently working "in the system" or retired. They have all said how bad Meggs (the States Attorney) is and how he thinks he is untouchable. He has done some very very shady things in the past and has an agenda.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Some programs have issues with the players.....others, well...they have "off field coach issues"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2554362-steve-sarkisian-reportedly-angered-usc-alumni-boosters-with-comments

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#28]

I wish no one was hyping us.  We seem to do much better when expectations are low and no one believes we can do anything.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wish no one was hyping us.  We seem to do much better when expectations are low and no one believes we can do anything.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, sometimes the kiss of death.

I'm happy at #10.  Plenty of room to just win and "sneak up" to #4 or higher.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Okay, updated for just the past decade. Only kept teams ranked at least 5 times. Some interesting shifts.

I think I might try dropping anything outside of a standard deviation, then reiterating until convergence. That result would give a better idea of steady state over/under ranking.

http://s12.postimg.org/k06ewrx99/over_under_last_decade.png
View Quote

I totally did this but didn't post all the data back before the conference stuff was mostly settled on the field.

Iirc after Oklahoma and lsu shit the bed last year there is no team that finished EVERY year in the top 25 since the BCS started (I know its over and those 2 did then). OSU also didn't finish top 25 only one year (fickell year).   When I'm not on my phone it would be interesting to compare data.

With the AP poll you can rank teams out to 50+ sometimes if they were "also receiving votes" but preseason might have 50, post season 30 or so that got any so its not really known if #50 didn't go up to 31...

When you discount the preseason #1 after they go to #26 it removes the instances of the most glaring errors/overrating.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I totally did this but didn't post all the data back before the conference stuff was mostly settled on the field.

Iirc after Oklahoma and lsu shit the bed last year there is no team that finished EVERY year in the top 25 since the BCS started (I know its over and those 2 did then). OSU also didn't finish top 25 only one year (fickell year).   When I'm not on my phone it would be interesting to compare data.

With the AP poll you can rank teams out to 50+ sometimes if they were "also receiving votes" but preseason might have 50, post season 30 or so that got any so its not really known if #50 didn't go up to 31...

When you discount the preseason #1 after they go to #26 it removes the instances of the most glaring errors/overrating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was just very quick n dirty numbers, because I thought I saw someone mention something about over rated. Just a "hhmmm... thats interesting," type deal.  

I started posting some of my conference cross correlation likeness info last year and it quickly became apparent no one knew wtf I was talking about.

However, on this topic I do need to go back and see what data pops out of recursively iterating based off a single standard deviation. I suspect, nothing. Lots of "what have you done for me lately" type stuff in the rankings. Teams end up not being ranked  pre-season then jumping 15+ points by season end. But you never know till you look at the numbers.

Which... at the end of the day this is just good for seeing which teams have the most media bias. But whatevs, anything with math I will enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Do it with the NFL and I bet you see a similar trend.

The point being this: you cannot account mathematically for the "human factor". The will and ability to win.

UF (or FU for me) is a dumpster fire,,,,but play FSU and you can bet those 11 players on the field play their best game ever. For that game anyway. That is the "human factor".

So I agree that polls can be inaccurate, you also cannot possibly account for the ebb and flow of "the season" and the human factor that goes with it.

After all, that's why we play the game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:11:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do it with the NFL and I bet you see a similar trend.

The point being this: you cannot account mathematically for the "human factor". The will and ability to win.

UF (or FU for me) is a dumpster fire,,,,but play FSU and you can bet those 11 players on the field play their best game ever. For that game anyway. That is the "human factor".

So I agree that polls can be inaccurate, you also cannot possibly account for the ebb and flow of "the season" and the human factor that goes with it.

After all, that's why we play the game.
View Quote

I am not, nor have I ever tried to account for that...

Pre/Post ranking is simply a sophomoric measure of media bias.

Conference/Conference likeness is a cross correlation of alignment dissimilitudes. Essentially a log normal delta comparison of histogram matching. An attempt to account for localized extrema when rank ordering SOS. Which has nothing, what so ever, to do with what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This was just very quick n dirty numbers, because I thought I saw someone mention something about over rated. Just a "hhmmm... thats interesting," type deal.  

I started posting some of my conference cross correlation likeness info last year and it quickly became apparent no one knew wtf I was talking about.

However, on this topic I do need to go back and see what data pops out of recursively iterating based off a single standard deviation. I suspect, nothing. Lots of "what have you done for me lately" type stuff in the rankings. Teams end up not being ranked  pre-season then jumping 15+ points by season end. But you never know till you look at the numbers.

Which... at the end of the day this is just good for seeing which teams have the most media bias. But whatevs, anything with math I will enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more of a facts guy. 1 calc class and one too many stats classes for me. If it can't be done with a business calculator its probably beyond me. MBA ftl . The data available just sucks. If AP ranked every d1 school we'd be in business.

Also for conferences, added complexity when you factor the moves teams have made.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm more of a facts guy. 1 calc class and one too many stats classes for me. If it can't be done with a business calculator its probably beyond me. MBA ftl . The data available just sucks. If AP ranked every d1 school we'd be in business.

Also for conferences, added complexity when you factor the moves teams have made.
View Quote

I do think its pretty interesting for establishing media trend bias. You can get the info for the top 20 pretty easily. What I think would be interesting to look at, would be media ranking +/- 2 years around championship teams. Expected vs Actual for those specific cases.  

As to conference biasing, at least in terms of media pre/post, that would really be interesting to see as well. Maybe just look at specific time period on that one, as to not run afoul realignments. But along those lines... check to see if there was any statistically significant difference for the realigned teams pre/post after entering their new conferences.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Looking forward to the week two match up between Oklahoma and Tennessee.

The Vols got beat up pretty good in Norman last year which wasn't a surprise.  Tennessee played more freshmen than any other school in Div.1 and let's face it...Going into Norman for your very first college road game is a tough bit.  Hell, doesn't matter if you're a team full of Freshmen or not, Memorial Stadium is always a tough place to play.

Final score last year was 34-10 Oklahoma.  Take away two interceptions in the end zone and that margin comes down to 10 points instead of 24.  Tennessee also held Oklahoma to only 3 third down conversions (out of 12). Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make excuses.  Oklahoma just flat out played better than Tennessee.  I'm just trying to point out some positives for the Orange and White.

Later on in the season, Tennessee seemed to get better while Oklahoma went through a rough patch.  Tennessee, winning 4 out of their last 5 (bowl included) and Oklahoma losing 3 out of 5 (bowl included).

Butch Jones has received a lot of praise for his recruiting and changing the overall atmosphere surrounding Tennessee football these past couple of years.  Hopefully, all the hard work and recruiting is getting ready to payoff.  The game against Oklahoma will be a good indicator of how the rest of this season goes.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd be more interested in week 4 when Tenn goes to Gainesville. When was the last time you guys got a win there?  That will be the measure of how good you are this year.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Any Hokies on the board?

Was at Virginia Tech last week. While there I checked out the stadium and what not. Three things that I found pretty interesting. 1: No lottery for student tickets, apparently very easy to get tickets for any game. 2: Student ticket location determined by GPA. The better your GPA, the better seat you get.... holy shit that would have been awesome in Gainesville. 3: Stadium is completely open during spring/fall practice.

I'm not super sure 3 is true, some folks I randomly met at the stadium said this was the case. I got in there without any issue though, just not during a practice cuz I was off doing what I was supposed to be doing while up there.

I really liked the look of the campus. Reminded me of a civil war army fort. Very different looking than a standard campus.
View Quote
1) isn't true, there is a lottery for student tickets the week of the game. In recent years we've sucked and not sold out, so they end up giving away tickets. 2) only applies to student season tickets. 3) is correct for the most part.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Tenn seems to be taking some steps in the right direction.  But unless week one shows me something seriously wrong with the Okies, don't think they win that game.  Should still be a fun one to watch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I know we discussed this topic before briefly (I think maybe even in this years thread as well) but I'm reading again about the NCAA and how one Federal Judge called it a "cartel".

It really is.  They are making obscene amounts of money of the backs of these athletes. I don't begrudge anyone making money but then I also think it's wrong to make money off other peoples labor/talent and not compensate them.

yes, these kids get an education.  Most of them is for free. But what about EA sports video games?  What about commercials that advertise products and use college sports (namely football) to sell those products?

I'd like to see the "system" revamped and allow perhaps for some type of stipend or even flat out compensation. I think to keep things even a revenue sharing system like in the MLB could be used to keep big programs from becoming solely focused on revenue generation and the smaller programs from getting shut out in the cold.

There is a great youtube video (it's about 30 minutes long) I watched before on this and it really opened my eyes.  Trust me, it's worth the time it takes to watch.

I'm not sure what the "fix" should be, but I am sure that there needs to be one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I really wish some college would have screwed me over by providing room, meals, medical, tuition, books, etc., all while I got to play a game I loved at another level for 4 more years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah I'm kind of in between on the compensation thing. The athlete and their families are being provided 10's of thousands of dollars for education/books/housing so their kid will play a game that they love.

At the same time you hear the story about the basketball player (can't remember who or where from) that had no money to even get some food, then you juxtapose that with the billions being raked in by the NCAA and the absurd amount of money coaching staffs make these days. A player representing his school should never have to go hungry, it's ridiculous.

No idea how to fix it but the two extremes are damn near criminal.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I really wish some college would have screwed me over by providing room, meals, medical, tuition, books, etc., all while I got to play a game I loved at another level for 4 more years.
View Quote

A serious question: do know any people who were college athletes at big programs?

I have two that are very good friends. I am friendly with several others. I once felt like your above post until I learned more. The players are definitely taken advantage of. In several different ways.

One, was coerced essentially into taking "basket weaving" courses to maintain an easy GPA to ensure eligibility to play. During his senior year of school  (redshirt Junior play wise) they talked him into graduating with the BS degree even though he wanted to change his degree around to ensure a more useful degree for a legit career (he was good but knew he wasn't good enough to play long term or at all in the NFL) he technically had another year under his scholarship agreement and wanted to stay...they forced him/coerced him out.

My other friend was a lineman at FSU under Bowden. I love FSU, love Bobby, but trust me when I say that program chewed him up and spit him out when he was no longer useful to them. They really don't care about your academics.

Honestly, part of the fix needs to be a refocusing of efforts on the academic development of these young men.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yeah I'm kind of in between on the compensation thing. The athlete and their families are being provided 10's of thousands of dollars for education/books/housing so their kid will play a game that they love.

At the same time you hear the story about the basketball player (can't remember who or where from) that had no money to even get some food, then you juxtapose that with the billions being raked in by the NCAA and the absurd amount of money coaching staffs make these days. A player representing his school should never have to go hungry, it's ridiculous.

View Quote

Perhaps a stipend that isn't a guarantee? Perhaps attach it to both GPA and behavior (ie, no run ins with the law). Someone who maintains at 3.0 or higher and no arrests and such would get "x" amount monthly.

I'm not suggesting any more than say $500 monthly. Maybe even lower....say $300

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Notre Dame announced that they are putting in a video board! Thank you Jesus!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Perhaps a stipend that isn't a guarantee? Perhaps attach it to both GPA and behavior (ie, no run ins with the law). Someone who maintains at 3.0 or higher and no arrests and such would get "x" amount monthly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a bad idea at all, it would seem logical to attach it to non-sport performance. That's probably a good price range too. They should be taken care of but definitely not made rich.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A serious question: do know any people who were college athletes at big programs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know two people ...

One got his bachelors and masters and became assistant coach at the same school.
The other graduated, served as an officer in the Navy and became a Delta Pilot.

Quoted:

I would have zero problem with providing a stipend.  However, wouldn't that make then a professional.  Even worse, wouldn't that open the door for the union argument?

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Funny how some of the Michigan State people are acting around here. Jim Harbaugh has basically tried being non existent in the media, making interviews short or not doing them at all.

Yet, the word around from Michigan State seems to be that Jim Harbaugh is gloating about how great Michigan is going to be and they're all pissed that Jim Harbaugh all up in the spot light. They're acting like Jim Harbaugh took a microphone and started making guarantees about beating Michigan State or making all kind of insults toward the program.

It's fucking weird how people are trying soooooo hard to hate Jim Harbaugh. Just making up shit to fester up their rage.
Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top