Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2015 2:58:53 AM EDT
I recently totaled my car and I've been on the hunt for something new and a little sportier. In my search, I found this.

I'd love the 2.7 seconds I'd spend behind the wheel before I wrecked this too

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/shelby-would-have-approved-the-v12-cobra/

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
If you buy that ,I'll pay you 100 to take me for a ride

But you'll have to top it out

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I seem to remember reading about this car in Hot Rod mag a while back. Swedish guy built and owns it if I'm not mistaken. A very impressive amount of fabrication was put into that, it is a work of art from a craftsmanship perspective for sure. Cool car.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm gonna have to get my lawyer to draw up a hell of a liability form

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet that thing would flip your eyelids inside out

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, along with the rest of me

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, sweet Miata.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
That's cool - different modes for different toads, and all - and, God knows, I've done a bunch of stuff just so I could say I'd done it, but that sounds like an awful lot of trouble for five pounds of boost, particularly when you can get a naturally aspirated big block Ford crate motor making 500+ hp and stick a turbo on it.

I'm thinking the Europeans ought to stick to turning out refined road cars and leave hot rodding to Merkin good old boys.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Why does the windshield say alla on it? I thought it was Middle East car. Dynamite in trunk for ultra fast car bomb?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I seem to remember reading about this car in Hot Rod mag a while back. Swedish guy built and owns it if I'm not mistaken. A very impressive amount of fabrication was put into that, it is a work of art from a craftsmanship perspective for sure. Cool car.
View Quote

I wonder who the "craftsman" was that taped the fans to the radiator?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Notice how they conveniently have no mention of the absence of any cup holders.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, somebody definitely ran out of fucks back there. Sort of makes me wonder if the rest of it is just a polished turd.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That's cool - different modes for different toads, and all - and, God knows, I've done a bunch of stuff just so I could say I'd done it, but that sounds like an awful lot of trouble for five pounds of boost, particularly when you can get a naturally aspirated big block Ford crate motor making 500+ hp and stick a turbo on it.

I'm thinking the Europeans ought to stick to turning out refined road cars and leave hot rodding to Merkin good old boys.  
View Quote

I'll bet that big block ford weighs twice as much as the V12 from the merc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]
A stroked Windsor small block will make 500 hp all day long without power adders.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

haha "Merkin"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A stroked Windsor small block will make 500 hp all day long without power adders.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Meh, I got rid of mine.  It just sucked for pulling the horse trailer and putting a dead elk in the passenger seat and buckling it down every fall really got old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

haha "Merkin"...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha "Merkin"...

Huh, learn something new every day.  Henceforth, guess I'd better spell that "Murkin"

ETA: After consulting that standard to all things gross and disgusting, UD, it appears the latter is an alternative spelling.  Perhaps "Murkan".
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More certainly, but I think most of those performance crate motors have aluminum heads.  And I'm pretty sure the old 427/428 Cobras weren't hauling around an extra radiator in the trunk. In any case, there's just something fundamentally flawed in putting a la-di-da Mercedes engine in a piece of classic Americana.  As well to put a tanto point on a Randall #1.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#21]
What was it you wrecked to be looking at cars like that????
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Its a crime. Put a fucking merc engine in a cobra. 427 or nothing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring more to the shoehorning of that merc v12 in, but fuck, you make an excellent point.

Sometimes, you just say fuck it. You never know, might be carbon fiber tape or something.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#24]
All that ugliness and only.....

In its current configuration the supercharged V12 pushes 492hp to the wheels (around 600hp at the crank),
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I recently totaled my car and I've been on the hunt for something new and a little sportier. In my search, I found this.

I'd love the 2.7 seconds I'd spend behind the wheel before I wrecked this too

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/07/shelby-would-have-approved-the-v12-cobra/

http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/V12-Cobra-05.jpg
View Quote

Holy. Shit.
That's Hot!!

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#26]
What's with the electrical tape on the headlights?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% correct.  Little disappointed by the numbers
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In its current configuration the supercharged V12 pushes 492hp to the wheels (around 600hp at the crank),

Only 5# of boost...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

More certainly, but I think most of those performance crate motors have aluminum heads.  And I'm pretty sure the old 427/428 Cobras weren't hauling around an extra radiator in the trunk. In any case, there's just something fundamentally flawed in putting a la-di-da Mercedes engine in a piece of classic Americana.  As well to put a tanto point on a Randall #1.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was almost poetic (minus the vomit of course.)

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

+3 Vision

-2 Wind Resistance

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa, wait a minute.   Jane is into old school hot rods and Randall knives.  **insert "Mother of God" pic here***  
As the title suggests - I think I am in love.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#33]
What happened to your last car?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I bet that supercharged v12 sounds incredible with those side pipes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#36]

Seriously???

Motorsports for Alla on the windshield????????
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was under the impression that's not an actual Shelby. Just a shell.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Seriously???

Motorsports for Alla on the windshield????????
View Quote

Allah =/= Alla

Maybe you want to look up what "Alla" translates to from Swedish
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
My pants just got tight
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
If the headlight shatters during a race the tape is supposed to hold it together and keep debris off the track.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#41]
That's a neat project for sure!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Only 5# of boost...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only 5# of boost...

5 # boost?
That's like running a 100 yard dash with your thumbs up your nose!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worse still.  Abominable taste and a poseur.  The guy oughta go fuck up a vintage Saab or some shit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Worse still.  Abominable taste and a poseur.  The guy oughta go fuck up a vintage Saab or some shit.
View Quote

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape; the AC Ace/Cobra was a lot more common there than here, and it's the same body. According to the article though it's a repro body shell on a custom chassis, so it has about as much in common with a real Cobra as one of the knockoff kits...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape; the AC Ace/Cobra was a lot more common there than here, and it's the same body. According to the article though it's a repro body shell on a custom chassis, so it has about as much in common with a real Cobra as one of the knockoff kits...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then he ought to refer that mutant thing as an AC Ace and leave the Cobra name out of it.  'Cause 'Murka.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Then he ought to refer that mutant thing as an AC Ace and leave the Cobra name out of it.  'Cause 'Murka.
View Quote

Well, like all the euros...they're jealous of our muscle cars

They never seemed to really figure them out, as simple as they are...

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

5 # boost?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only 5# of boost...

5 # boost?

Good thing that car weighs all of 2,000 lbs then.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I am fully erect.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top