Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2015 10:43:27 PM EDT
So my co worker tonight was telling me about some neighborhood break ins where he lives. I made mention of that's why you have a gun for HD. His neighbor just got his wife a Taurus Judge for the house, so she's golden he says. Then this happened....

Me: a .410 shell is not exactly the best for defense ya know...

Him: well, my neighbor was a Ranger/Seal/tier 1 contractor,  and now works as a body guard. He picked it out, and I trust him way more than you. You're just a gun nut. He knows more about guns then you ever will.. so please don't try to tell me anything about guns for defense, (makes dismissive wave)

Ah...ignorance is bliss I guess...LMAO.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You're
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Your coworker is a dildo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i bet his neighbor goes to town on his wife

lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
What an idiot
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
doesn't he know gun nuts are tier 0?

what a douche canoe
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I know a guy who was in the Marine Corps who was big on getting one for his wife to use, should something happen while he's at work.

<shrug> You do what you can. A Judge is better than nothing, even if it IS far from optimal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh jesus
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI...lol
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I watched a friend of mine step out of the truck during hunting season and miss every shot out of his Judge on a huge grouse that was about 15-20 yards out. He's not a bad shot either.

.410 out of such a tiny thing is horrible.

Whatever, you will never convince the guy. I would've asked him why he was even talking to you about it if he thought your opinion was useless.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, and I agree with OP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/09/pearl_river_woman_shoots_husba.html

The woman pulled out a gun loaded with bird shot and fired five times at
her husband,  hitting him twice,  as he ran across the yard of their
home near Pearl River on Tuesday,  authorities said.

The gun,  a model known as the judge
was loaded with bird shot,  and Davis took aim at her husband and
emptied all five of the weapon's chambers as he fled through the yard,  
Bonnett said. He was hit in the upper and lower back by two blasts
before escaping,  Bonnett said.

The man was taken to the Louisiana Heart Hospital where he was treated
for his injuries,  which were not serious,  and released,  Bonnett
said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Old painless did a test and 45lc penetrated beyond the fbi recommended depth as i recall.

Plus if you run out of rounds, you can chunk that heavy bastard at their head and probably kill them. I had one in highschool as a snake gun when checking cattle. Weighed 75 to 80 pounds.

Nice gun for the most part. I could hit crushed pop cans in the air with it. Probably 50 percent of them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Better a Judge than nothing.  They suck but they're better than a pointy stick.  

ETA:  Assuming you load them with 45 LC and not 410 birdshot.  Then they're about as useful as a blunt stick.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]
His neighbor told him he was a Ranger AND a SEAL, and he believes him?

(A few such creatures might actually exist, but they are probably rarer than white buffalos.  I'm betting you would have a better chance of meeting the Loch Ness monster and a Sasquatch in one afternoon).
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Just go bang his wife.

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope she's got killer biceps cause she's gonna need strong arms to hold that fucker up while he dials 911.  That is, if she actually remembers where she put it.  I found lipstick and some kind of powdery shit in the cupholders of my truck once, but only after I found the keys to the truck in the kitchen cabinet next to the Folgers.  Why is it women can never put shit in the same place twice?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Your?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i bet his neighbor goes to town on his wife

lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Gun nut == knows nothing about guns?

That makes no sense. Gun nuts know everything about guns.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
The Judge isn't that bad at close range is it? Let the guy feel proud of his gun. He'll figure out what works better after a few trips to the range. Aint no man be takin' kindly to being told he is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#24]
It seems every gun noob in the country is in love with that POS handgun.....their faces kind of light up when they talk about buying one
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Judge isn't that bad at close range is it? Let the guy feel proud of his gun. He'll figure out what works better after a few trips to the range. Aint no man be takin' kindly to being told he is wrong.
View Quote

It will maim and disfigure, but lacks the penetration to stop a human unless loaded with 45. There are much better 45 Colt revolvers out there.

Heavy recoil, lack of penetration, low capacity, and slow to reload. It's less than Ideal for personal protection.

It's an  outstanding choice for blasting snakes and fruit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Your coworker is a dildo.
View Quote

+1. Fuck that assbag. I know plenty of people like that, just take what they say and do with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Better to buy an S&W Governor. Does everything The Judge does and shoots .45 ACP, too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Old painless did a test and 45lc penetrated beyond the fbi recommended depth as i recall.

Plus if you run out of rounds, you can chunk that heavy bastard at their head and probably kill them. I had one in highschool as a snake gun when checking cattle. Weighed 75 to 80 pounds.

Nice gun for the most part. I could hit crushed pop cans in the air with it. Probably 50 percent of them.
View Quote

The 45 is fine, but I'd be willing to bet that most that buy the judge do it to for the shot shell.. because it spreads, you know, and you don't have to be as accurate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Send him a link to these guys  

maybe include this one too...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Better a Judge than nothing.  They suck but they're better than a pointy stick.  

ETA:  Assuming you load them with 45 LC and not 410 birdshot.  Then they're about as useful as a blunt stick.
View Quote

Depends on who gave you the pointy stick..

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Your coworker is making an appeal to authority fallacy
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Depends on what you load it with.  As strictly a method of dispensing 45 caliber justice, it works.. Not great (it IS a Taurus) but it does work.  

The .410 shotshell 'feature' is pretty much useless though.  But then, even out of a shotgun, .410 is pretty much useless as far as dealing with two legged critters.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't trust people who don't understand you your you're either.

(which includes about 3/4 of my family)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/09/pearl_river_woman_shoots_husba.html

The woman pulled out a gun loaded with bird shot and fired five times at her husband,  hitting him twice,  as he ran across the yard of their home near Pearl River on Tuesday,  authorities said.

The gun,  a model known as the judge was loaded with bird shot,  and Davis took aim at her husband and emptied all five of the weapon's chambers as he fled through the yard,  Bonnett said. He was hit in the upper and lower back by two blasts before escaping,  Bonnett said.

The man was taken to the Louisiana Heart Hospital where he was treated for his injuries,  which were not serious,  and released,  Bonnett said.

See,  it does save lives.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a guy at work asking about them as well, the YouTube commandos I work with all spoke up and said to get the Judge and I just sat there and smiled.
He asked what my opinion was and I told him anything but the judge as its a steaming pile of shit.
Everyone got up in arms on how its a handheld shotgun and they are the best and how everyone is buying them.

I asked then why do you see row after row of used ones for sale at the gunshops and shows and why police aren't using them if they are the best. And to do some research on what a .410 birdshot would do.

He asked my opinion and I told him a couple of different ones to choose from and to go to a gun shop and get a feel for what fits his and his wife's hand and to ignore 90% of what the salesman is trying to sell him on.

He went out and got a very nice colt 1911 and a 870.

Him and his wife weren't gun people and while the 1911 isn't that great for a new owner he knows all the things to know about the gun and is always reading more.
He told me he may have to buy another as his wife loves to shoot it and has taken it as her own.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Your?
View Quote
.....I know......fixt.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#37]
So I just listened to him ramble on about the other firearms truths that he has discovered. Oh, and it's confirmed that it's .410 in the gun, not .45 colt. I wish I could record this guy. He says that when he (my coworker) was at FT Riley, guys were buying custom slides for the m9 that covered more of the barrel. Lord, give strength..
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#38]
People ask me for gun advice because I'm a "gun nut."

I don't tell them shit because my CCW piece is a 10mm full dust cover 1911 and my HD piece is a 300 blk subsonic supressed SBR.

If they ask me about a CCW revolver I'd say something along the lines of a 4-6" 357 DW or SW with modern, high powered loads.

If they ask about a shotgun, I just go
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why is it women can never put shit in the same place twice?
View Quote

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE, YO!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I stopped tying to win this argument a long time ago.

Every time someone says "but the guy at the gun shop said"

I stop trying, and just nod.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So I just listened to him ramble on about the other firearms truths that he has discovered. Oh, and it's confirmed that it's .410 in the gun, not .45 colt. I wish I could record this guy. He says that when he (my coworker) was at FT Riley, guys were buying custom slides for the m9 that covered more of the barrel. Lord, give strength..
View Quote

Let the stupid ones burn in their stupidity.

Stay calm...... it's ok.

You should print out plans to mod nerd guns, put it in an envelope marked "top secret", and stick it in his table...... or desk..... or ass.. wherever he'll see it and get the message.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, that guy's an idiot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't tell them shit because my CCW piece is a 10mm full dust cover 1911 and my HD piece is a 300 blk subsonic supressed SBR.

If they ask me about a CCW revolver I'd say something along the lines of a 4-6" 357 DW or SW with modern, high powered loads.

View Quote

So let me get this straight... You think a .357 revolver is superior to a 12 GA HD shotgun for HD.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Id rather have a PMR30 than a judge for HD....and I'm not a big 22 mag fan.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:52:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

.....I know......fixt.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your?
.....I know......fixt.  
Read your post and try again.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Id rather have a PMR30 than a judge for HD....and I'm not a big 22 mag fan.
View Quote

A judge is far from optimal, but a buckshot load beats having nothing.  Birdshot would suck.  45 Colt would be a decent option.  IIRC there's some good 45 Colt Gold Dot ammo out there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:08:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes, and I agree with OP.
View Quote

This guy gets it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:18:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So let me get this straight... You think a .357 revolver is superior to a 12 GA HD shotgun for HD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, for HD I use a 300 blk SBR.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly how is a "few trips to the range" going to teach him what's a good home defense gun?  You learn nothing about that from shooting at paper.

So, how's that Judge working out for you?

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just saw that you specified CCW... Apparently I can't read today.

8" suppressed .300 BLK for HD for me as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top