BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't have time to know. Draw bang. If he fails to draw bang, you get to bang. Heck, you bang bang bang even if he starts hanging first. There's no identifying a weapon. You identify the draw and react.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait. Are you imagining some kind of movie style stand off scenario where everyone waits for everyone else to draw and they stand glaring at each other, waiting for someone to "make a move"?

I am thinking that I wouldn't know what just got pointed in my face if someone drew their pistol and it was a weird color.

You don't have time to know. Draw bang. If he fails to draw bang, you get to bang. Heck, you bang bang bang even if he starts hanging first. There's no identifying a weapon. You identify the draw and react.

Thanks for the input. I like your strategy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah, I'm kind of a butthole.  Just a couple weeks ago, I bumped into a girl that I went to elementary school with. She said, "you are so sweet now......you were really a jerk in school."   LOL, I was only faking being nice to her. I'm still a jerk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

December 2012 is a '13er. That's my solid excuse for disliking you.        

You dislike me because I can't figure out what color to cerakote my glock? Tough crowd.

Yeah, I'm kind of a butthole.  Just a couple weeks ago, I bumped into a girl that I went to elementary school with. She said, "you are so sweet now......you were really a jerk in school."   LOL, I was only faking being nice to her. I'm still a jerk.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember in a thread a while back somebody painted or photoshopped a CCW in dazzle camo of pink, black, and white.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If a pistol being painted some 'out of the ordinary color' might cause a tango to not comprehend what he is seeing when you draw...it might give you a micro-second's advantage.

In that vein...wouldn't a flesh-tone gun be best?

View Quote

Lol, in that vein, you should draw with your right hand and flop out your junk with your left. Really disrupt the bad guy's OODA loop.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol, in that vein, you should draw with your right hand and flop out your junk with your left. Really disrupt the bad guy's OODA loop.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait. Are you imagining some kind of movie style stand off scenario where everyone waits for everyone else to draw and they stand glaring at each other, waiting for someone to "make a move"?

I am thinking that I wouldn't know what just got pointed in my face if someone drew their pistol and it was a weird color.

Have you ever been attacked or done training that mimics an attack? That shit is fast. And blurry. I think it's really important to be exposed to something like that. It completely changes your perspective on how long you have to think in self defense scenario.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some color like pink. Why?

A guy I knew was driving down the freeway when some jerk cut him off. To make a long story short, the other guy gets road rage, puts a minor dent in the guy's car and they both pull off to the side to settle it. Turns out the other guy was a deputy sheriff and got out of his car with his gun in hand, and then called the cops on the guy I knew. The deputy claimed that the guy was waving a gun. The guy wound up with a big legal hassle, had his guns at home seized, and a lot of lawyer bills. The only thing that saved him was a witness who saw the whole thing (saved after some lawyer bills).

Therefore, the gun should be pink. Why? Because, if you ever get into court with someone who is making a false claim that you pulled a gun, you can simply ask: What color was it?

Maybe we can reshape Arfcom to recognize pink as a manly color.
View Quote

I have heard this idea a few times. "He had a gun! ". " what color was it? " "it was black! " " uh no its neon green"
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Day glow orange
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have heard this idea a few times. "He had a gun! ". " what color was it? " "it was black! " " uh no its neon green"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A guy I knew was driving down the freeway when some jerk cut him off. To make a long story short, the other guy gets road rage, puts a minor dent in the guy's car and they both pull off to the side to settle it. Turns out the other guy was a deputy sheriff and got out of his car with his gun in hand, and then called the cops on the guy I knew. The deputy claimed that the guy was waving a gun. The guy wound up with a big legal hassle, had his guns at home seized, and a lot of lawyer bills. The only thing that saved him was a witness who saw the whole thing (saved after some lawyer bills).

Therefore, the gun should be pink. Why? Because, if you ever get into court with someone who is making a false claim that you pulled a gun, you can simply ask: What color was it?

Plaid.

Or paisley.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure there are a fair number of people who know someone who might make false accusations, just to fuck with them. If that was my case, I think I would care pink or neon green - just because.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know what color my gun is, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Dazzle...
See US Navy for more info.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Have you ever been attacked or done training that mimics an attack? That shit is fast. And blurry. I think it's really important to be exposed to something like that. It completely changes your perspective on how long you have to think in self defense scenario.
View Quote

I have not.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not.

All the money you were going to spend on gear this year, you should spend on training. Not target shooting but the fun, dirty, gunfighting stuff. That's what's important. Not paint, not new guns, not rifles or optics. Shooting from behind a cover/concealment, fighting over guns etc.

I should do more of it too. Thank you for the reminder. I've been slack.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have my little ponies all over my ccw.  You know, to confuse the bad guy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's actually a great point...better than my original reason to cerakote.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the point of painting your guns in attention-whoring colors if you're just gonna hide them?

Black for CCW
Glitter and Rainbows for the range
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#19]
You do know most muggers operate in pairs or groups, right? One holds a gun or knife on you and the other goes through your pockets.

Awareness is far more useful than a weapon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#20]
OTHER:  Flesh tone with a smattering of body hair plus a few small moles.  That way you can carry in the shower and still be concealing the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Clear
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OTHER:  Flesh tone with a smattering of body hair plus a few small moles.  That way you can carry in the shower and still be concealing the weapon.
View Quote

You're winning.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

son of a bitch! Im going to have to try cerakoting one like that..
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So you don't get shot in the split second that you have to draw (while being under gun point)

If he doesn't know what you have in your hand (until it's too late..), maybe he won't shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Concealed means you can't see it..... why the fuck would the color matter?

So you don't get shot in the split second that you have to draw (while being under gun point)

If he doesn't know what you have in your hand (until it's too late..), maybe he won't shoot?

If you try to draw under gunpoint, you are going to get shot. It's pretty much too late by then.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Don't forget to paint your bullets. That's what the bad guy should be seeing.

In other words, you're way overthinking this.

You don't show bad guys your gun. You just shoot them with it.
View Quote

He should also get da beamz.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you try to draw under gunpoint, you are going to get shot. It's pretty much too late by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I was coming in here to say...if someone has a gun in my face:
1) I fucked up...big time.
2) I'm not going for my gun yet, I'm going for his.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Hydro-dipped to match your hawaiian shirt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Gold!

Or failing that at least a two tone stainless and blued. With something really wacky for grips like VZ grips or malachite.

Concealed means concealed but when I open carry I like to show off.

If one is using a revolver I would recommend something like Hornady leverevolution ammo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
https://iverjohnsonarms.com/60001.html

Gotcha covered.

Quoted:
Dazzle...
See US Navy for more info.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Who cares as long as it's concealed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#31]
pink
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#32]
same color as every other type of gun. Black.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I personally like the idea of tan.  Less likely to be seen through certain color shirts.  Could be mistaken as bare flesh.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Doubt the color really matters, I did hear it recommended once that using fine sand paper on the end of the barrel would draw the bad guy's eye to it and make the diameter seem larger to increase the psychological effect of it being pointed at them.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bingo!   When you pull your gun to save your life because you are in danger of being killed......, the last thing you should be worrying about is what color your gun is.  You need something else to worry about.  

When someone is pointing a pistol in your face, that sounds like a huge disadvantage to me. How does a person counter that disadvantage?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Lol, this is yet another stupid worthless thread.

Who the hell cares about the color? Like others have said, you can't tell when it's concealed and if you pull that smoke wagon you better start skinning it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Gen 3 OD green G19
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Stainless, hardchrome, nickel, or gold.  

When you pull a black or tactical color gun, you're just another wannabe operator suburbanite.

When you pull a shiny gun, especially one with da beamz, they KNOW that you're a real motherfucking G.  Situation defused, no shots fired.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Stainless, hardchrome, nickel, or gold.  

When you pull a black or tactical color gun, you're just another wannabe operator suburbanite.

When you pull a shiny gun, especially one with da beamz, they KNOW that you're a real motherfucking G.  Situation defused, no shots fired.
View Quote

Thanks for the input. I think it's time to sell the glock, know anyone selling a desert eagle?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Paint it rainbow colors and tell the Judge your attacker was yelling "Kill the fag!"

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Flesh tone, obviously.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#43]
My color of choice is orange
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Desert Sand....flesh color.

I like it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I talked to a guy who said something similar happened to him. Somebody called the police and claimed he was waving a gun around. The police showed up and started questioning the guy and the person that called 911.

The guy telling the story said, "simple: he said he saw me waving a gun around, make him describe it and make a note of what he says so the story doesn't keep changing. Get him on the record before you take my gun so he can't just look at it then and claim that's what he saw."

The cops asked the 911 caller to describe the gun, and he described it as a black semi-automatic pistol.

The problem was, gun guy was carrying a stainless revolver.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If a pistol being painted some 'out of the ordinary color' might cause a tango to not comprehend what he is seeing when you draw...it might give you a micro-second's advantage.

In that vein...wouldn't a flesh-tone gun be best?

I just want to kill him. No need to scare him before hand.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Paint it so it looks like your wallet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm going with this!

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:14:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Camo with an orange barrel.  That way when you shoot the first guy, the second one will be all, "Like wait, that's real?" and stop laughing before you shoot him.  C'mon, you know someone will hear this at a gun counter eventually!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top