Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/26/2015 3:18:59 PM EDT
Since I've recently taken a job transfer into a city that has a high crime rate, and I've been thinking about cerakoting my G19 in full FDE....I think it may add an element of camouflage over a black pistol.

Does anyone have any input on this? I figure if a thug is robbing you at gunpoint, I assume he's gonna be watching for black (or stainless) pistol to be drawn.

Would an unexpected color like full FDE or perhaps even solid white give a person under gun point a slight advantage versus an armed mugger? (while he tries to identify what you just pulled out of your back pocket and pointed in his face)

What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to paint your bullets. That's what the bad guy should be seeing.

In other words, you're way overthinking this.

You don't show bad guys your gun. You just shoot them with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Concealed means you can't see it..... why the fuck would the color matter?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you don't get shot in the split second that you have to draw (while being under gun point)

If he doesn't know what you have in your hand (until it's too late..), maybe he won't shoot?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Use clear paint. Then he won't even see it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly, I like a tan color, because it doesn't show through a white shirt as much as black does, and I usually wear my shirts a little tight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
You should get it done in that new dickfir camo
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh, it's actually a serious consideration for somebody who dresses sharp. For people who just wear baggy pajamas out in public, it doesn't make a difference.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Who cares?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Use clear paint. Then he won't even see it.
View Quote

Ghost gun!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Some color like pink. Why?

A guy I knew was driving down the freeway when some jerk cut him off. To make a long story short, the other guy gets road rage, puts a minor dent in the guy's car and they both pull off to the side to settle it. Turns out the other guy was a deputy sheriff and got out of his car with his gun in hand, and then called the cops on the guy I knew. The deputy claimed that the guy was waving a gun. The guy wound up with a big legal hassle, had his guns at home seized, and a lot of lawyer bills. The only thing that saved him was a witness who saw the whole thing (saved after some lawyer bills).

Therefore, the gun should be pink. Why? Because, if you ever get into court with someone who is making a false claim that you pulled a gun, you can simply ask: What color was it?

Maybe we can reshape Arfcom to recognize pink as a manly color.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo!   When you pull your gun to save your life because you are in danger of being killed......, the last thing you should be worrying about is what color your gun is.  You need something else to worry about.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#14]
OSHA approved hi-vis orange is my preference
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Plaid.

I want one in plaid.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, I shopped the "Pale White Belly" color concept around to a number of manufacturers a few years ago, and none of them were interested.

I still think my PWB pistols would have been a hit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So you don't get shot in the split second that you have to draw (while being under gun point)

If he doesn't know what you have in your hand (until it's too late..), maybe he won't shoot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad guys and good guys shoot when they see their opponent going for a gun. They don't wait to see if it's a Gen 4 or 3 or what color it's painted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bingo!   When you pull your gun to save your life because you are in danger of being killed......, the last thing you should be worrying about is what color your gun is.  You need something else to worry about.  

View Quote

When someone is pointing a pistol in your face, that sounds like a huge disadvantage to me. How does a person counter that disadvantage?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Meh, it's actually a serious consideration for somebody who dresses sharp. For people who just wear baggy pajamas out in public, it doesn't make a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not what the OP is talking about though. And you've seen how I dress with a gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the 99.999999% of the time that you're wearing it and don't have to use it that the OP is talking about.

ETA: gahhhh, I have to stop coming here on the weekends. The weekend people are idiots! I thought this was a serious thread. Carry on, you bastards and bitches.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Tactical
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Neon green.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When someone is pointing a pistol in your face, that sounds like a huge disadvantage to me. How does a person counter that disadvantage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait. Are you imagining some kind of movie style stand off scenario where everyone waits for everyone else to draw and they stand glaring at each other, waiting for someone to "make a move"?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bad guys and good guys shoot when they see their opponent going for a gun. They don't wait to see if it's a Gen 4 or 3 or what color it's painted.
View Quote

He asked for your wallet remember.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I voted black because there was no option for FLAT black.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as the slide is dark and matte/glare free doesn't matter
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there is a pistol in your face. The other person has the drop on you already. Make peace with the lord at that point, hope for the best, and do what you think will help you survive. The color if your gun will not matter at that point. My wallet is black, so is my carry peice. The reaching for my wallet is my plan.

Eta: by wallet, i am talking about drawing. I carry at the 4 oclock iwb.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wait. Are you imagining some kind of movie style stand off scenario where everyone waits for everyone else to draw and they stand glaring at each other, waiting for someone to "make a move"?
View Quote

I am thinking that I wouldn't know what just got pointed in my face if someone drew their pistol and it was a weird color.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's the 99.999999% of the time that you're wearing it and don't have to use it that the OP is talking about.

ETA: gahhhh, I have to stop coming here on the weekends. The weekend people are idiots! I thought this was a serious thread. Carry on, you bastards and bitches.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we reading the same OP?

Even if this is a parody thread, you seem to be reading a different OP from the rest of us.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#30]
December 2012 is a '13er. That's my solid excuse for disliking you.        
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If there is a pistol in your face. The other person has the drop on you already. Make peace with the lord at that point, hope for the best, and do what you think will help you survive. The color if your gun will not matter at that point. My wallet is black, so is my carry peice. The reaching for my wallet is my plan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope he's happy with my dummy-wallet at that point.  "Plenty" of cash but no ID and a bunch of retarded cards from junk mail that are not really for anything and don't have my name.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't tell if the OP is joking or retarded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, I'm lost.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Retarded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]
OP, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Even if this is a parody thread, you seem to be reading a different OP from the rest of us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*sigh*    I fucked up. Assumed it was serious because I was actually pondering the same question recently, but in a serious way. I didn't even read his post fully. As you were!    
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#37]

If a pistol being painted some 'out of the ordinary color' might cause a tango to not comprehend what he is seeing when you draw...it might give you a micro-second's advantage.

In that vein...wouldn't a flesh-tone gun be best?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Paint it to look like a wad of money. That is what they are expecting to see.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am thinking that I wouldn't know what just got pointed in my face if someone drew their pistol and it was a weird color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have time to know. Draw bang. If he fails to draw bang, you get to bang. Heck, you bang bang bang even if he starts hanging first. There's no identifying a weapon. You identify the draw and react.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Retarded.
Dammit I was betting on "both"

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A guy I knew was driving down the freeway when some jerk cut him off. To make a long story short, the other guy gets road rage, puts a minor dent in the guy's car and they both pull off to the side to settle it. Turns out the other guy was a deputy sheriff and got out of his car with his gun in hand, and then called the cops on the guy I knew. The deputy claimed that the guy was waving a gun. The guy wound up with a big legal hassle, had his guns at home seized, and a lot of lawyer bills. The only thing that saved him was a witness who saw the whole thing (saved after some lawyer bills).

Therefore, the gun should be pink. Why? Because, if you ever get into court with someone who is making a false claim that you pulled a gun, you can simply ask: What color was it?

View Quote

With Joe Jerk Off, yea it'll work.

With Mr LEO, no he will finger bang your gun before back-up shows up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You dislike me because I can't figure out what color to cerakote my glock? Tough crowd.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#44]
OP is asking what color.  He should be asking what size.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That may have some merit to it.

Had a neighbor call the sheriff and said I was pointing a " walnut grain " shotgun towards their house.

Had a solid black AR in the backyard but was never pointed in their direction at all.

Sheriff asked me , told him, then he did the

Yea my neighbors are assholes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You don't have time to know. Draw bang. If he fails to draw bang, you get to bang. Heck, you bang bang bang even if he starts hanging first. There's no identifying a weapon. You identify the draw and react.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just bang, bang, bang...and bang some more.  Damn...

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#47]
This?

or this?

Or maybe this?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

*sigh*    I fucked up. Assumed it was serious because I was actually pondering the same question recently, but in a serious way. I didn't even read his post fully. As you were!    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. I do put some thought into concealable color, like you do. I do want it not to show through my clothes. But for me that means undershirts, not colored guns and accessories.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You dislike me because I can't figure out what color to cerakote my glock? Tough crowd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm kind of a butthole.  Just a couple weeks ago, I bumped into a girl that I went to elementary school with. She said, "you are so sweet now......you were really a jerk in school."    LOL, I was only faking being nice to her. I'm still a jerk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top