Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/26/2015 2:40:15 PM EDT
If things go well Roscoe goes home Weds.

A local dog, Roscoe needs a new home due to a families kids aggravating the dog. 4 kids (5 and under) climb the dog while he's sleeping. Roscoe doesn't like it and growls. Family wants the dog out of there. Not my kids. I don't need your advice on raising kids and dogs together!

Roscoe is a 18 month old Boxer/Coon Hound mix. He's UTD on vaccines, neutered and housebroken. Sweet (when not climbed on!) he gets along great with other dogs.

If someone is interested in this dog I will get him into my home for evaluation, testing and a little training.

Please consider helping out Roscoe. He's been living in a crate for 2 months now. If he gets to a shelter he's got a 6/7 chance of being killed.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If Rosco was female i'd be interested.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking pup.

Good luck finding him a forever home.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

date night ?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

What if I told you she was a female trapped in a male's body? It's the in thing. Your hipster friends would be blown away!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My hat is off to you for your attempt to better Roscoe's  life
We just adopted a 3rd rescue that has put a strain on my marriage .
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My hat is off to you for your attempt to better Roscoe's  life
We just adopted a 3rd rescue that has put a strain on my marriage .
View Quote

Thanks. This is (potentially) my 6th in home foster dog since Sept! Lots of work to introduce them to my home/pack. Lots of heartbreak to let them go but the thought of them tossing healthy, good dogs into the furnace irks me!

Sorry the wifey and dog 3.0 aren't working so great.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Great looking dog!! Hope you find him a home soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Poor guy, hoping he finds a loving home soon!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like the human spawn need some training.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. Having 4 kids in 4 years was probably a challenge. I wouldn't have brought a dog into that situation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What if I told you she was a female trapped in a male's body? It's the in thing. Your hipster friends would be blown away!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No tranny dogs! Seriously we have a male dog and I want nothing that hikes!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 1/2 years old and Roscoe has never lifted a leg. He's a squatter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell them to keep the dog and rehome the brats.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tell them to keep the dog and rehome the brats.
View Quote

Believe me, I'd rather foster a young dog than 4 kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:48:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He might eventually lift his leg. It took 5 years for my shepherd/lab mix to lift his leg.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He might eventually lift his leg. It took 5 years for my shepherd/lab mix to lift his leg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Roscoe is currently in my home. Updated 5/8/2015.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Bump for a good young dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Take the dog and DBAS
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Somebody show some interest so I can save this dog!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Bump.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Good luck, man.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd love to take the dog but my apartments don't allow dogs bigger than a lap dog
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Poor Roscoe

Hope he finds a family to love him
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I may be interested in taking him. My biggest concern would be how he gets along with others dogs as I already have a 5 yo jack russell mix. The wife unit and i have been talking about getting another dog. She's out of the country for 2 weeks so it would be a nice surprise when she gets back
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I may be interested in taking him. My biggest concern would be how he gets along with others dogs as I already have a 5 yo jack russell mix. The wife unit and i have been talking about getting another dog. She's out of the country for 2 weeks so it would be a nice surprise when she gets back
View Quote

Take the dog and I will help
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm double checking that for you right now. If it looks good I can get this dog into my home for an 8 dog stress test. My smallest is 28 pounds. How big is your JRT?

This adoption didn't work due to the little dogs attitude. Updated 5/8/2015 Roscoe is still needing a home.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I can't risk it again. The last rescue had to be rehomed after trying to kill my cat. That and I can't afford it. But I will help anyway I can.

I'm sure my beagle would love a buddy, but I just can't right now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also sounds like the PARENTS need a shit-ton of training too...

https://www.facebook.com/dale.s.south/videos/10204154083237452/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Having 4 kids in 4 years was probably a challenge. I wouldn't have brought a dog into that situation.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's an ugly crying video for sure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Good luck in finding that guy a home!  I have 15 now and I still fight the urge to take in more.  Recently fenced in another acre for them to roam around in.  Still working on "Dogwood" when possible but it's been raining every two to three days down here.  I think some of ya'll have seen it.   That's Max Sr, (blind lab), Max Jr, (owner surrender), and Stinky (stray).

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Not very big. I think he's around 15 lbs. He's mixed with Min Pin and has a smaller frame than most JRTs. He looks like this without the dumb collar.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I just talked to Roscoe's current household. Roscoe lives with and cohabitates peacefully with a 50 pound dog. One of his neighborhood buddies is a 20 pound puppy. Nothing but playful with the smaller dog.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just talked to Roscoe's current household. Roscoe lives with and cohabitates peacefully with a 50 pound dog. One of his neighborhood buddies is a 20 pound puppy. Nothing but playful with the smaller dog.
View Quote

If you're willing to bring him in for some testing to see how he does with the other dogs, behavioral issues,  going in the house etc, and he passes, I'd be willing to bring him in.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you're willing to bring him in for some testing to see how he does with the other dogs, behavioral issues,  going in the house etc, and he passes, I'd be willing to bring him in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This adoption didn't work due to the little dogs attitude. Updated 5/8/2015 Roscoe is still needing a home.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Buddy, you got a deal! I'll pick him up Friday evening. You'll get an honest eval from me and a bunch of pics. After that if you still want him we'll get to work on transport.
YOU DA MAN!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buddy, you got a deal! I'll pick him up Friday evening. You'll get an honest eval from me and a bunch of pics. After that if you still want him we'll get to work on transport.
YOU DA MAN!!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#38]
What a great looking dog. I'm glad he found a home!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good luck in finding that guy a home!  I have 15 now and I still fight the urge to take in more.  Recently fenced in another acre for them to roam around in.  Still working on "Dogwood" when possible but it's been raining every two to three days down here.  I think some of ya'll have seen it.   That's Max Sr, (blind lab), Max Jr, (owner surrender), and Stinky (stray).

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/dhmjr_photos/doggie%20town%20walkway.jpg
View Quote

That things awesome.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn. I see these threads and would love another dog.  It'd cost me my marriage at this point though. Sammichmaker is emphatically in the "no mas" camp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/dhmjr_photos/doggie%20town%20walkway.jpg
View Quote

I'd love to see a thread about your setup.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. I hope to see pics of the finished project.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#45]
The family should let him snap at the kids once or twice, they won't mess with him anymore.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Great looking dog......!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's wrong how long I laughed about this........     I'll post more on the "Dogwood" project when it's finished.  Hopefully I'll get a lot done this weekend.  Finally some sun!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's 15 ways of cool!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Roscoe is now in my hands. I just got him to my home. So far this is a very nice dog.

ETA: Okay, introductions were made and Roscoe handled meeting 8 strange dogs at once as well as any dog could. He immediately made friends with Angel and the Dude. After refusing dinner (no surprise) he has been alternating between playing with his new friends and pacing/whining looking for his family.

I got home with him ~10:45 PM, far from ideal. I had no time to wear him out. It's going to be a long night but the first night always is.

Is happy dog, no?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top