BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're right about all of them except the British guy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good article

If you like taking combat advice from an AF cop, army pogue, Euro pogue with bad teeth, and a (maybe) civilian competition shooter who's resume is so weak that he can't use his real name.

Then yes, it's a great article.

All three royal marine commando units have the same support sections as every other mil organization.
Vx mechanics, pay clerks, admin, transport/logistics, etc.
And they all wear the "Royal Marine Commando" flag/scroll.

If the guy was in an RMC recon troop or CC section he would have said that, as it's the sections/duty positions they use to separate the shooters from the pogues when they're talking shit. It's like the guys in random sorta less sexy SMUs who tell people they're in *the* SMU. Or red hats in green hat land who tell their civvies friends that they're special forces. Or the drunk guy at a bar who told me he was a fucking US Army Ranger Captain (I was seeing if he needed a lift home as he was blasted and by himself) and turned out to be our new S6 OIC who had a ranger tab and was a combo officer

Plus you don't know what he teeth look like

There is no point in giving anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. Anyone who is not active in the armed forces can tell people what organization they were a part of (and there is ample means to communicate the fancy ones in unclass terms.)

Anyone who is still in the armed forces and can't tell anyone who they're with has no reason to be talking to the news or their friends about what they're doing, let alone giving themselves COD callsigns. Unless they're seals.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Cory Jackson, code named Mister_Hnnnggg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmm, a fairly well-balanced article in a mainstream publication. Not perfect but by no means anti-gun. Who'd a thunk it??

Cory Jackson couldn't have given a better interview.

Cory Jackson, code named Mister_Hnnnggg

or codename Prolapse... or Mr. Sandbox.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Gotta hand it to em. Falcon is the closest to an actual nickname.

I love the made up nicknames. Royal, DefPro, Falcon, and.... GHOST!!!!

No way bro. Nobody has a cool nickname. Especially one like DefPro or Ghost. You get a nickname for doing something fucking dumb, or one that is just generally derogatory.
They never include real nicknames like:
Fuchsenstein
Chow-Spoon
Clips
Quatto
Bitch-tits
Puddles
Squints
Milk-toast
Fumbles
Nugget
Roach-clip
Ratty
Carlos
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, I'm Dave.

My friends call me Falcon.

No way bro. Nobody has a cool nickname. Especially one like DefPro or Ghost. You get a nickname for doing something fucking dumb, or one that is just generally derogatory.
Fuchsenstein
Chow-Spoon
Clips
Quatto
Bitch-tits
Puddles
Squints
Milk-toast
Fumbles
Nugget
Roach-clip
Ratty
Carlos

No kidding. I only got shitty nicknames like CWG, Hebrew-six, an jewbacca
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why did I think of this scene in Better Call Saul?

http://i.imgur.com/Rb57aVa.gif

View Quote

Immediately followed by the big fat bastard running away as fast as he can--which isn't really that fast
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Can I be interviewed now?

I have stories that I can tell.

I need everyone to call me Murdercycle though.

If you see me riding, you better run.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:59:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:Hebrew-six, an jewbacca
View Quote

It's like HS.

They called me Jewfroboy, Hebrew Thunder (after an incident in the shitter), Kosher Cowboy...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's like HS.

They called me Jewfroboy, Hebrew Thunder (after an incident in the shitter), Kosher Cowboy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Hebrew-six, an jewbacca

It's like HS.

Fundamental,rule of life...YOU DO NOT GET TO PICK YOUR NICKNAME!

Your nickname is decided for you...by something you did or do...and it's probably embarrassing or stupid.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All three royal marine commando units have the same support sections as every other mil organization.

If the guy was in an RMC recon troop or CC section he would have said that, as it's the sections/duty positions they use to separate the shooters from the pogues when they're talking shit. It's like the guys in random sorta less sexy SMUs who tell people they're in *the* SMU. Or red hats in green hat land who tell their civvies friends that they're special forces. Or the drunk guy at a bar who told me he was a fucking US Army Ranger Captain (I was seeing if he needed a lift home as he was blasted and by himself) and turned out to be our new S6 OIC who had a ranger tab and was a combo officer

There is no point in giving anyone the benefit of the doubt anymore. Anyone who is not active in the armed forces can tell people what organization they were a part of (and there is ample means to communicate the fancy ones in unclass terms.)

Anyone who is still in the armed forces and can't tell anyone who they're with has no reason to be talking to the news or their friends about what they're doing, let alone giving themselves COD callsigns. Unless they're seals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good article

If you like taking combat advice from an AF cop, army pogue, Euro pogue with bad teeth, and a (maybe) civilian competition shooter who's resume is so weak that he can't use his real name.

All the support personnel, to include their exchange officers, in the RMC attend the 8 week All Arms Commando Course
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuchsenstein
Chow-Spoon
Clips
Quatto
Bitch-tits
Puddles
Squints
Milk-toast
Fumbles
Nugget
Roach-clip
Ratty
Carlos
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, I'm Dave.

Fuchsenstein
Chow-Spoon
Clips
Quatto
Bitch-tits
Puddles
Squints
Milk-toast
Fumbles
Nugget
Roach-clip
Ratty
Carlos

We had guys called ATM and George Michael......I was mostly Dee because my last name is weird and started with the letter D. Fortunately I didn't do anything too stupid so I didn't end up with anything like Princess, quarterback, alphabet etc etc.

ETA: we also had a guy called Skidmark and sometimes Doodoo Brown.yeah not hard to figure out how he got that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hi, I'm Dave.

View Quote

Fuck you, you got Duke injured.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/DW3dg9VURMU
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, I'm Dave.

Fumbles.

That's cute.

Oh man that's so AWESOME!!
LOL
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All the support personnel, to include their exchange officers, in the RMC attend the 8 week All Arms Commando Course
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good article

Yes, I forgot to add that. You left women out though . I've met a couple foxy ones who were commandos. The SAS guy I was with described it as something between basic infantry school and RASP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
How hard would it have been to interview actual combat arms vets who were willing to use their real names, instead of this code name horseshit?

Hi, I'm ghost.   I did something somewhere, so you should find me relevant.

Bullshit.  There are THOUSANDS of combat arms vets with multiple tours and hundreds of hours of combat experience who could have made this article actually mean something.

Meh.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How hard would it have been to interview actual combat arms vets who were willing to use their real names, instead of this code name horseshit?

Hi, I'm ghost.   I did something somewhere, so you should find me relevant.

Bullshit.  There are THOUSANDS of combat arms vets with multiple tours and hundreds of hours of combat experience who could have made this article actually mean something.

Meh.  
View Quote

That's why I posted it. If we can save one fudd....

My uncle chain emailed this to me titled "operators tell the real deal about gunfights"

FFS
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#16]

To quote the Royal Navy's recruiting page

"Generally all jobs are open to both men and women. The only exceptions are roles in the Royal Marines, which are only open to men.  Women can join the Royal Marines Band Service though."

View Quote

The graduates of the AACC are not Royal Marines but instead Army Commandoes assigned to serve with the Royal Marines
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
MH: I have heard that the whole “drop a gun and it will fire” thing is pure Hollywood BS.

Royal: It is. A gun won’t discharge if dropped. But it will go off if you haven’t set the safety, or made sure it’s empty, or had a partner double-confirm it is unloaded.

MH: And then?

Royal: The consequences can be fatal, or worse.

MH: What the hell is worse than fatal?

Royal: I know of a case where a gunman in Northern Ireland had his weapon in his waistband front, all Lethal Weapon style. Now, it’s certainly normal to have a weapon “made ready”—which is to say, accessible—but not cocked, for god’s sake. You don’t have a round chambered and you certainly don’t have the bloody safety off.

MH: I do not like where this story is headed.

Royal: You guessed it. It went off and took a large chunk of his Johnson out.

MH: We've reached a new level of cringeworthiness.

DefPro: Failure to follow safety protocol, even for people who claim to be experienced with guns, would make your jaw drop.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
"Royal: I know of a case where a gunman in Northern Ireland had his weapon in his waistband front, all Lethal Weapon
style. Now, it’s certainly normal to have a weapon "made ready”—which
is to say, accessible—but not cocked, for god’s sake. You don’t have a
round chambered and you certainly don’t have the bloody safety off.
"

Um.

Ok. Aside from the safety off part...the rest is just

So...according to him, you should be carrying the gun with the safety on, uncocked, no round in the chamber. So when you take contact...your first move is to...chamber a round? Fuck that noise.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
sweating cordite might be a neat trick
View Quote

Might suck if you smoke.  Could lead to the call sign Zippo, or Torch, or Flame or something like that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:21:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Might suck if you smoke.  Could lead to the call sign Zippo, or Torch, or Flame or something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sweating cordite might be a neat trick

Nah, it would get modified to be more sissy-fied.

I once set my left arm on fire, and got a pretty bad burn out of the deal, and was wearing bandages for quite a while.

Did I get called Torch, or Flame, or Zippo, or something cool?  Nope.  Once the bandages came off and the burn was healed, my co-workers all wanted to see it.  Well, the first guy to examine it exclaimed something like "What the hell?  That doesn't look that bad, it's just a pink spot!"

So, yeah.

Yours truly, Pink Spot.

ETA:  It did replace my previous nickname, earned while chasing a guy who turned out to have a full auto Cobray M-11.  When he loosed a burst at me, me not having any cover at that time, I ran backwards while drawing my sidearm and (to hear witnesses describe it,) danced my way backwards to a mound of dirt that I took cover behind.  And no, I didn't get Bullet Dodger for not getting hit, I got Twinkletoes for the backwards running.  So there's that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The graduates of the AACC are not Royal Marines but instead Army Commandoes assigned to serve with the Royal Marines
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Generally all jobs are open to both men and women. The only exceptions are roles in the Royal Marines, which are only open to men.  Women can join the Royal Marines Band Service though."

The band service also function as combat support personell. Admin clerks, drivers, and hospital orderlies. When the Brits were in charge of Kandahar they brought an entire commando band unit (I forget which size element) for support duties. There are a number of them assigned to CJSOTF who support the actual commadoes and SAS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

you have to call me dragon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi, I'm Dave.

You have to call me Nighthawk.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Got a lifelong buddy we call "noodles".

A nice dinner , some drinking and a barroom fight.  We looked for Steve and he had puked noodles out of his nose and they were just hanging out of his nose.

We asked if he wanted a go-bag. His wife is never amused when he's called noodles. For 25 years.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good article

The one who claimed that carrying with a round chambered is unsafe?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi, I'm Dave.

Nighthawk, my new call sign is Trouser Snake.

You're not allowed to make eye contact with me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#26]
There are those who call me....Tim?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Royal: I know of a case where a gunman in Northern Ireland had his weapon in his waistband front, all Lethal Weapon style. Now, it’s certainly normal to have a weapon "made ready”—which is to say, accessible—but not cocked, for god’s sake. You don’t have a round chambered and you certainly don’t have the bloody safety off."

Um.

Ok. Aside from the safety off part...the rest is just

So...according to him, you should be carrying the gun with the safety on, uncocked, no round in the chamber. So when you take contact...your first move is to...chamber a round? Fuck that noise.
View Quote

Pretty sure that is how the isreali teach carry actually, doesn't make the greatest sense but hey that is just like your opinion man...

My codename was  "waffles" , danmit I knew I shouldn't have brought the GOOD REAL Belgian waffles my first drill...(picture a dough(NOT batter) that has chunks of raw sugar cube mixed in so you get small pockets of carmelized sugar when you eat it... none of that whip cream, strawberry mango BS).
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I knew the article was BS as soon as I saw AFOSI as one of the "operators".
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
good article

Well I guess technically speaking an unloaded gun IS safer than a loaded one, as long as there aren't any bad guys around
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:07:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Gunz, "You can’t just.. prance about with them, like you’re holding a cup of tea."

Yeah, I knew that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top