Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2015 1:48:20 PM EDT
So, a long time ago, a guy befriended me on FB after finding out somehow at one point that I was involved with running websites, producing content and marketing. At the time he was a journalism major at college, from which time he's now graduated and unable to find any sort of work outside of minimum-wage-esque jobs (McDs, Walmart, ect).

I feel bad for the guy, he's kind of smart but from what I can tell is somewhere on the autism spectrum and also has a speech impediment. Still in general, even though he leans liberal/democrat, he's a smart guy and I don't mind talking to him, or debating with him since he's not too crazy at all. He deals with very, very few republican/conservative types and has pretty much surrounded himself with like-minded people.

Anyway, in the past month or so, he's turned from a die-hard Hilary fan (He has lamented for the past 6+ years that Hilary should have won over Obama) to now dis-liking her and not wanting to vote for her. I don't know what it's due to, but it seems that whatever the evidence was enough to change his mind.

So, what happened? Most of his democrat/liberal friends have cut ties with him.

Yep, they can't stand the thought of him no longer supporting the chosen one in 2016 and have decided it's better to no longer interact, talk or have friendship with the guy just because he doesn't support their candidate. The guy is totally heartbroken over it and doesn't know what to do.

Kind of interesting to me, that the party of tolerance/diversity/rights is so willing to slaughter one of their own because they might not vote for their golden one. I don't know that I have EVER seen something like this happen with anyone I associate with over a political difference.

edit : could you guys do me a favor and post a positive comment about his article at : http://knowledgeglue.com/day-life-fast-food-worker/ - Tell them that you're a friend of Brandon , i'm sure it'd really brighten his day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
who is he? I will friend him
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#2]
we should all friend him. he is a closet republican waiting for the right moment to come out. he has already shown some reasoning.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
He is seeing firsthand just how tolerant the left really is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell him that internet friends are not real friends in the real world.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Did that, and sadly he doesn't have any real world friends either it seems.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Has he started drooling over the prospect of Warren for the D nominee?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, a long time ago, a guy befriended me on FB after finding out somehow at one point that I was involved with running websites, producing content and marketing. At the time he was a journalism major at college, from which time he's now graduated and unable to find any sort of work outside of minimum-wage-esque jobs (McDs, Walmart, ect).

I feel bad for the guy, he's kind of smart but from what I can tell is somewhere on the autism spectrum and also has a speech impediment. Still in general, even though he leans liberal/democrat, he's a smart guy and I don't mind talking to him, or debating with him since he's not too crazy at all. He deals with very, very few republican/conservative types and has pretty much surrounded himself with like-minded people.

Anyway, in the past month or so, he's turned from a die-hard Hilary fan (He has lamented for the past 6+ years that Hilary should have won over Obama) to now dis-liking her and not wanting to vote for her. I don't know what it's due to, but it seems that whatever the evidence was enough to change his mind.

Yep, they can't stand the thought of him no longer supporting the chosen one in 2016 and have decided it's better to no longer interact, talk or have friendship with the guy just because he doesn't support their candidate. The guy is totally heartbroken over it and doesn't know what to do.

Kind of interesting to me, that the party of tolerance/diversity/rights is so willing to slaughter one of their own because they might not vote for their golden one. I don't know that I have EVER seen something like this happen with anyone I associate with over a political difference.
View Quote

He disconnected from the hive, that's not how the Borg rolls
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Conservatives (some brag about it here ) have been known to do the same thing. It's not very flattering, no matter who does it.

Tribalism sucks. I'm glad you actually maintained a friendship with the guy, even when he didn't share your political views.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never been heartbroken at the loss of liberal friends.

Except maybe for one girl....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Democrats do not allow anyone off their plantation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fakahontis is an embarrassment for the libs, she is an obvious nutter.

It'd make sense if they unfriended him for that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or O'Malley?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The fact that his internet friends dumped him proves how Fucking dedicated the enemy actually is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Or O'Malley?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or O'Malley?

Operation Chaos anyone???

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo. (And I have seen the same from hard-core political activists on BOTH sides.)

Politics as a sole interest does not make for a solid friendship.  I have seen whole families torn apart over a fucking politician.

Think about that.. a dirty asshat politician who is only out to make a career and money, that doesn't give a single shit about someone they never met.. causes friends and family to hate each other.

It's stupid.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Goddamn that's a ruthless statement. I like it,
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a good friend who is a so called progressive.  
He knows better than to talk politics with me if he doesn't want his feelers hurt.  
He is the sort though, that if everyone around him was democrat, he would logic his way into being republican.  
Since he is from Montana and works here in WY he is surrounded by republicans therefore he is democrat.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the truth, too...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Saw the same shit here over ROMNEY.

TARDS on both sides.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I lost friends - real ones, not people I met on facebook - over the 2012 election.

Racist; 99%; I hate the children; tea-bagger; no such thing as radical Islam; Iran is just posturing; North Korea wants to be our ally; Palestinians never shot at Israelis; Venezuela is the only reasonable government in South America because they hate George Bush; blah, blah, blah, fucking blah.

Their definition of tolerance is to hate everyone who doesn't worship their savior.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Swoop in and scoop him up.  Their loss, your gain.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
we should all friend him. he is a closet republican waiting for the right moment to come out. he has already shown some reasoning.
View Quote

Oooh - a closet republican waiting to come out!  Does that mean at the right moment he arms ISIS and selects a rabid anti-gunner as AG?  Or does it mean he sucks cock like Lindsey Graham?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Not surprising, you see how they've turned on Bruce Jenner because he/she is a Republican.

They're terrible.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Anyway, in the past month or so, he's turned from a die-hard Hilary fan
(He has lamented for the past 6+ years that Hilary should have won over
Obama) to now dis-liking her and not wanting to vote for her. I don't
know what it's due to, but it seems that whatever the evidence was
enough to change his mind.

View Quote

I would ask him why, specifically, and post what he says here. I would be very interested to know his reasons.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Invite him to go shooting
that should convert him the rest of the way to the Right.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if he has a worthless degree and is only qualified to work minimum wage....
Sorry, but this guy sounds like he was born to lose and needs government to help him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly. If he is in San Antonio, Austin area just might have to have him over for beer and BBQ
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Remain his friend. Tell him extremist eat their own and that the left is no exception.

I got my neighbors who were life long demoncraps to switch to turd potty (third party)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Deep down inside, many liberals hate themselves and know their ideas are flat out wrong and won't work.  They can't/won't admit it.  Don't follow/worship their idols and they hate everything about you.  They have to cover up that self hate somehow.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#31]
He is a human in need of friends, just like the rest of us. Offer to take him shooting and then grab a beer. Leave politics out of it and you both gain a new friend. Later on he will remember who his friends are rather than who's bumper stickers match.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He is a human in need of friends, just like the rest of us. Offer to take him shooting and then grab a beer. Leave politics out of it and you both gain a new friend. Later on he will remember who his friends are rather than who's bumper stickers match.
View Quote

This 100%
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not friending the guy, I have enough friends already. Some, I haven't even used yet.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#34]
he's a dumbass

I don't like them
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here.  I've severed ties with virtually all of my friends who lean liberal.   There are even family members I don't care to talk to.  

Why would I want to hang out with people who attack what made this country great?  Who think the Constitution is outdated, and limited government is some kind of Tea-Party terrorist idea?   Who think Christians are regressive/stupid/evil?  Who think the "nuclear family" is a quaint anachronism (rather than the fundamental building block of a civil society)?  Who espouse Marxist principles?  Who want my guns taken away (they always pussy out when I ask them if THEY are coming to take them).   Who agitate to have the government take more of my hard-earned money?  Who want my medical practice further-bound by government control/fiat (to the detriment of the people I swore to help)?  

Forget people like that.  For real... why waste your time?  Why "sleep with the enemy," as it were?   These are people who would shrug their shoulders and walk away as you were dragged away by whatever PC thought police they managed to install in power.  Liberal fascism is a real thing.  

You call it "Tribalism," I call it declaring a side in our burgeoning cultural war.  

You know enough history to understand what happens when the hard left manages to take over a country or government.  There are historical examples on top of historical examples; it's literally the end of anything we would recognize as a free state.

Some liberals are just clueless, and don't have any idea of the roots of their political philosophy, or its blood-soaked history.  But even these people are often impossible to educate.  They just don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conservatives (some brag about it here ) have been known to do the same thing. It's not very flattering, no matter who does it.

Tribalism sucks.
I'm glad you actually maintained a friendship with the guy, even when he didn't share your political views.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here.  I've severed ties with virtually all of my friends who lean liberal.   There are even family members I don't care to talk to.  

Why would I want to hang out with people who attack what made this country great?  Who think the Constitution is outdated, and limited government is some kind of Tea-Party terrorist idea?   Who think Christians are regressive/stupid/evil?  Who think the "nuclear family" is a quaint anachronism (rather than the fundamental building block of a civil society)?  Who espouse Marxist principles?  Who want my guns taken away (they always pussy out when I ask them if THEY are coming to take them).   Who agitate to have the government take more of my hard-earned money?  Who want my medical practice further-bound by government control/fiat (to the detriment of the people I swore to help)?  

Forget people like that.  For real... why waste your time?  Why "sleep with the enemy," as it were?   These are people who would shrug their shoulders and walk away as you were dragged away by whatever PC thought police they managed to install in power.  Liberal fascism is a real thing.  

You call it "Tribalism," I call it declaring a side in our burgeoning cultural war.  

You know enough history to understand what happens when the hard left manages to take over a country or government.  There are historical examples on top of historical examples; it's literally the end of anything we would recognize as a free state.

Some liberals are just clueless, and don't have any idea of the roots of their political philosophy, or its blood-soaked history.  But even these people are often impossible to educate.  They just don't get it.

Well said sir. Unfortunately, we really are to the point that if you side with the "progressives" you really stand against everything America is about. The time for friendly debate is drawing to a close.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#38]
He's probably an Atheist from ISil

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Liberals can't argue.  Arguing requires FACTS, and liberalism is counter to the facts.

Liberals can only call names, and throw the odd "ism".

No wonder his libtard "friends" dumped him.  He committed the Cardinal Sin of discovering "facts".

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]
What's that old saying? If you aren't a liberal in college you have no heart, if you aren't a conservative when you get out you have no brain. Something like that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#41]
You either do as the "Reich" says or out
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#42]
She is not radical enough for him. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Clinton was destroyed today on the talk shows...by liberals!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Can't say I've ever seen the reason to drop people for who they vote for.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
K
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tribalism sucks.
I'm glad you actually maintained a friendship with the guy, even when he didn't share your political views.

I agree with this wise man.
Proscription might be the only solution in the future.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Convince him that he'll do betterer with some facial tats....preferably stars.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Bingo. (And I have seen the same from hard-core political activists on BOTH sides.)

Politics as a sole interest does not make for a solid friendship.  I have seen whole families torn apart over a fucking politician.

Think about that.. a dirty asshat politician who is only out to make a career and money, that doesn't give a single shit about someone they never met.. causes friends and family to hate each other.

It's stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's stupid.
The real problem is those pols are so involved in our lives that pols DO very much matter.  .gov is what is tearing families apart.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I told him (Sean) that I'd let him put an article on my website, he did and I wanted some positive comments on it if at all possible. I'm trying to convince him to get himself away from liberal politics and join a church or other civic (Hopefully right leaning) group to get actual involvement. I think a good deal of his left involvement has been with people online and at college. The article is : http://knowledgeglue.com/day-life-fast-food-worker/. PLEASE NO FLAMING!
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want me to start a thread here and claim Hitlery is the Chosen One?

Wanna see some GD tolerance?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top