Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I want it made into a belt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
No way!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Creepy looking snake, though its also pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What I got from that is that there is a bird species that is genetically programmed to kill camel spiders and some dick head snake is eating them.  We need to breed those birds by the fuck ton and kill every last one of those snakes.

TLDR, fuck camel spiders and anything that eats shit that kills them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#9]
An animal that combines two things the tough guys of arfcom piss their pants over, snakes and spiders.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#10]
How the fuck did it just "evolve" that tail by pure, random mutation? And then learn how to use that tail and pass on the knowledge for how to use it by pure, random chance?

I am no creationist, but seeing specialized adaptations like this makes me also question the pure randomness on which Darwinian evolution is based.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn nature you scary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The best of both worlds. There are some people here who are going to shit and pass out in front of their keyboards when they see this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#13]
That is one sick snake.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I got from that is that there is a bird species that is genetically programmed to kill camel spiders and some dick head snake is eating them.  We need to breed those birds by the fuck ton and kill every last one of those snakes.

TLDR, fuck camel spiders and anything that eats shit that kills them.
View Quote

damn dude. I knew you had an interesting time in Iraq but thats alot of camel spider hate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#15]
That thing can go fuck itself on planet bullishit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How the fuck did it just "evolve" that tail by pure, random mutation? And then learn how to use that tail and pass on the knowledge for how to use it by pure, random chance?

I am no creationist, but seeing specialized adaptations like this makes me also question the pure randomness on which Darwinian evolution is based.
View Quote

Billions of "random mutations" that did nothing to increase survival over millions of years and 3 that did.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: In the Beginning-God Created.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#18]
How soon till someone imports and loses one (mated pair) in the Everglades?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive given up trying to figure out what is trolling and what is genuine ignorance, when it comes to this topic.

Also: Damn Nature, you scary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hooray! I have a new sig line.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ive given up trying to figure out what is trolling and what is genuine ignorance, when it comes to this topic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I can't do it anymore either.  Takes too much energy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Another reason to not like Iran, snakes, and spiders. What round for snake-spider??
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Imagine that at some point in the past, the ancestor of that snake had a tail with some part that very vaguely resembled an insect. This tail distracted its prey, allowing it to capture more prey than other individuals within the population.This translated into a reproductive advantage, which lead to the set of genes that produced its unique tail becoming more common within the population. Further down the line, all the snakes in this population have the trait. But no two snakes have exactly the same tail. Some of the tails are more effective at distracting prey than others. The snakes with the most effective tails are able to reproduce at a higher rate, leading to a gradual change in the population over time.

How did it come to resemble a spider? Because the spider tail was the most effective form possible in this context. Any change towards looking like a spider would be preserved, while changes that didn't lead towards it discarded.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
It wasn't "pure random mutation", but rather, natural selection.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]
<Honey Badger narrator guy> This is the spider tailed horned viper... just look at this sneaky little fuck.

Be careful little bird... you're about to get eaten.  Oh my god, that's disgusting! </Honey Badger narrator guy>
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll wait for the Zefrank1 narration.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the alternative is to believe in a God that created a spider-tailed viper snake, just because he felt like it?

Is this the idea that gives some people comfort?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Time.  Lots and lots of time.

But I know exactly what you mean.  There are highly specialized adaptions that make me say WTF?

I think what saves my empirical leanings is the knowledge that there is NO WAY Noah would have bought one of these snakes on the Ark.

How about Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, the ant zombiefication fungus?  It's a FUNGUS (a fungus, for God's sake) that evolved to be capable of infesting an ant's brain and forcing it climb a tree, die, and spread the spores.

How did it figure out how control a brain?  And how, in the name of all that is holy, figure out how to instruct the ant brain to clamp its mandibles on a leaf, and hang there until it dies and completes the fungi's bidding.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But isn't natural selection the process by which random mutations become part of the genetic code because they allowed the species to overcome environmental pressures?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

HAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA this
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Goofy narrator aside (unnatural inflections in his voice, and a poem that had absolutely nothing to do with the snake), that was one pretty cool video.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#37]
that thing is quite literally, made of nightmares
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Note to self:  When in Western Iran, don't try to catch spiders.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Clever girl
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Goofy narrator aside (unnatural inflections in his voice, and a poem that had absolutely nothing to do with the snake), that was one pretty cool video.
View Quote

Quite possibly one of the worst I've ever heard, video is pretty cool on mute.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Viper with spider upgrade is best snake.  

For you nancies in here, this is real.  You can't even dream this shit up to frighten a fatboy sitting in front of his proud new homer bucket in moms basement.

Boo!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#43]
NOPE.

Damn devil viper don't play around. Send him back to hell where he spawned.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
But isn't natural selection the process by which random mutations become part of the genetic code because they allowed the species to overcome environmental pressures?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but its about as far away from "pure random mutation" as you can get.
Its like if you had a 5 gallon bucket full of dice, and you keep shaking it up, dumping it out, collecting 60% of the 6's, setting them aside on a table, putting the rest back in, shaking it up again, over and over for a couple of days until low an behold all of the dice are sitting on the table with 6 facing upward.  Every dice arrived at the value randomly (they never would have got to that value if not for randomness), yet the non-random selection is the crucial part allowing the sorting.
Of course, biological systems don't work exactly that way, but you get the idea.  Non-random selection on completely random parameter produces completely non-random results.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#45]
That's awesome!

Lol at GD!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I want one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That is one sick snake.
View Quote
Yup. I wonder how venomous it is ?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#49]
That was amazing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#50]
It's Iranian.

It's going after the wrong pray.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top