User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I missed a link earlier.  The numbers below were pulled from here.  http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=2228

There are approximately 400 people killed during arrests each year by law enforcement.

Of those killed, 42% are white, 32% are black. More whites killed than blacks.

Of those killed, 75% were engaged in a violent offense

Between 2003 and 2009 there were 97,700,000 arrests.

During that time there were 2,931 arrest related deaths classified as homicides.

So the odds of being killed by police are .0003 if you get arrested.  If my math is correct
View Quote

"approximately" meaning the numbers are "guessed", not "compiled".

But, if blacks are less than 15% of the population, but one-third of the people shot, that doesn't speak well for OP's argument that there isn't anything racial about it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

But, if blacks are less than 15% of the population, but one-third of the people shot, that doesn't speak well for OP's argument that there isn't anything racial about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I missed a link earlier.  The numbers below were pulled from here.  http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=2228

There are approximately 400 people killed during arrests each year by law enforcement.

During that time there were 2,931 arrest related deaths classified as homicides.

So the odds of being killed by police are .0003 if you get arrested.  If my math is correct

Look at the part in red, and then consider black are responsible for more than 50% of violent crimes.

When 13% of the population has a violent crime greater than their population size, I would expect them to be arrested more and have more interactions with police.

ETA I said approximate because the number varies year to year above and below 400.  There are numbers for each year in the link which you obviously didn't read.  The numbers are compiled. not guessed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Come on!

Black people are arrested, convicted, and incarcerated in a disproportionately high number.  That's a fact.

As I see it for your argument to be valid, you have to be disputing the legality of this phenomena.  You must be questioning whether or not this fact occurs because of racism, or police specifically targeting black ethnic groups.  That's a good conversation to have.  One I don't happen to agree with, but let's have it.  

Criminals taken as group (white, black, hispanic, asian, pacific islander, native american, etc included) blacks are disproportionately arrested, convicted, and incarcerated.  But out of that same group of criminals whites are disproportionately killed.  

If you want to have a conversation regarding why blacks seemingly commit a disproportionate number of crimes, then by all means let's have it.  

The last thing I want to see happen at the local LEO "shift meeting" is a discussion about needing to increase interdictions with white people because they're behind on their quota.  

"BOYS, shake em down hard, try to get em to run, or fight back...we need to up our white count"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry, but percentage rates and per capita rates are better/more specific arguments to make.  Raw numbers do not tell the full story.  I'm sure it could be broken down into areas of the country as well.  

I'm done with the victimhood mentality, but I do believe that solid arguments based on indisputable facts help minimize ignorance.

Come on!

Black people are arrested, convicted, and incarcerated in a disproportionately high number.  That's a fact.

As I see it for your argument to be valid, you have to be disputing the legality of this phenomena.  You must be questioning whether or not this fact occurs because of racism, or police specifically targeting black ethnic groups.  That's a good conversation to have.  One I don't happen to agree with, but let's have it.  

Criminals taken as group (white, black, hispanic, asian, pacific islander, native american, etc included) blacks are disproportionately arrested, convicted, and incarcerated.  But out of that same group of criminals whites are disproportionately killed.  

If you want to have a conversation regarding why blacks seemingly commit a disproportionate number of crimes, then by all means let's have it.  

The last thing I want to see happen at the local LEO "shift meeting" is a discussion about needing to increase interdictions with white people because they're behind on their quota.  

"BOYS, shake em down hard, try to get em to run, or fight back...we need to up our white count"

You are assuming that the rate at which a certain group is killed is correlated to the rate at which they commit crimes. There is NO evidence that is true. What is true is that blacks are convicted of more crimes per-capita than whites. I suspect that blacks are killed by police at a higher per-capita rate than whites. However, I have no idea how those two ratios are related.

Let me give a simple hypothetical.

Assume that the City of Middle America has 10 million people in it. Out of those 10 million, 1 million are black and 9 million are white (lets keep it simple and assume that Middle America only has whites and blacks).

1 in 100 blacks are arrested and convicted of a crime every year (or 10,000 blacks).

1 in 500 whites are arrested and convicted of a crime every year (or 18,000 whites).

This means that while there are more white criminals, the number of black criminals is disproportionately higher (by a factor of five).

Now, if at the end of the year, the police had killed 10 blacks and 12 whites, the chance of a black criminal being killed was 1-in-1000, while the chance of a white criminal was 1-in-1500. This means that your chances of being l killed as a black criminal is higher 50% than the chances of being killed as a white criminal.

The chances of being killed by the police as a black person (criminal or non-criminal) (1 in 100,000) is even more disproportionate than the chance of being killed as a white person (criminal or non-criminal) (1 in 750,000).

All this despite the fact that there are more whites killed than blacks. Clearly being a black criminal is more dangerous than being a white criminal.

There are two issues. (1) that blacks commit more crimes and (2) that the police kill a higher proportion of black criminals than white criminals.

The problem is we do not know what proportion of blacks are killed by the police compared to whites in the real world.

And that makes this discussion rather hypothetical because your premise that the raw number of blacks killed by police is allegedly less than the number or whites killed by police is just an exercise in statistical twaddle.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

The OP isn't trying to make the argument that crime is evenly distributed across ethnic groups in the population.  You are.  

Also, it appears that you don't know the OP, he's Qweevox.  He's a fairly well known libertarian, who opposes authoritarian government and the WoD's.  

You're trying to say that blacks are unfairly targeted by police.  So make that argument.  I'm not really going there because THIS isn't about that.  

This is a question of whether criminals who happen to be black are shot more then criminals that happen to be of other ethnicities.  

I think we'll all agree cops aren't going around shooting a lot of people who aren't involved in crime in some way.  ...or are you trying to say that's happening?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You are assuming that the rate at which a certain group is killed is correlated to the rate at which they commit crimes. There is NO evidence that is true. What is true is that blacks are convicted of more crimes per-capita than whites. I suspect that blacks are killed by police at a higher per-capita rate than whites. However, I have no idea how those two ratios are related.

Assume that the City of Middle America has 10 million people in it. Out of those 10 million, 1 million are black and 9 million are white (lets keep it simple and assume that Middle America only has whites and blacks).

1 in 100 blacks are arrested and convicted of a crime every year (or 10,000 blacks).
1 in 500 whites are arrested and convicted of a crime every year (or 18,000 whites).
This means that while there are more white criminals, the number of black criminals is disproportionately higher (by a factor of five).

Now, if at the end of the year, the police had killed 10 blacks and 12 whites, the chance of a black criminal being killed was 1-in-1000, while the chance of a white criminal was 1-in-1500. This means that your chances of being l killed as a black criminal is higher 50% than the chances of being killed as a white criminal.

The chances of being killed by the police as a black person (criminal or non-criminal) (1 in 100,000) is even more disproportionate than the chance of being killed as a white person (criminal or non-criminal) (1 in 750,000).

All this despite the fact that there are more whites killed than blacks. Clearly being a black criminal is more dangerous than being a white criminal.

There are two issues. (1) that blacks commit more crimes and (2) that the police kill a higher proportion of black criminals than white criminals.

The problem is we do not know what proportion of blacks are killed by the police compared to whites in the real world.

And that makes this discussion rather hypothetical because your premise that the raw number of blacks killed by police is allegedly less than the number or whites killed by police is just an exercise in statistical twaddle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but percentage rates and per capita rates are better/more specific arguments to make.  Raw numbers do not tell the full story.  I'm sure it could be broken down into areas of the country as well.  

I'm done with the victimhood mentality, but I do believe that solid arguments based on indisputable facts help minimize ignorance.

Come on!

Then what are the rioters motivated by?  Their feelings?  If they're not motivated by "statistical twaddle" then what?  

How does this happen?

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf</a>

I'm not arguing for our laws.  I'm not even making an argument against the idea that blacks are unfairly targeted.  But if they're rates of incarceration or so much higher then any other race isn't it reasonable to assume there MIGHT be a correlation to police encounters?  And if they're running into police in greater numbers isn't it reasonable to assume they might be shot more often?

2.2% of the black population is doing time.
0.0038% of the white population is doing time

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With a few exceptions, whites don't look at some white stranger and see a brother that they should automatically sympathize with, especially when it's some shitbag.

It's a major issue when it happens to blacks because black people in this country make it a major issue.
View Quote

I think you are hitting on something, the tribal mentality seems to be far stronger in Blacks than Whites, in fact I would say one of the biggest differences in races is the varying degree of tribalism with the White race probably having the least of all.

White guy gets killed by a cop and it usually stays a local concern usually within his circle of family and friends, a Black guy gets killed by a cop and it becomes a nation wide concern among the entire Black community.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That fact doesn't support their narrative or their agenda.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait. Did you just post a fact regarding the number of whites killed by police?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Blacks commit more homicides than whites.

Blacks commit more robberies than whites.

Blacks commit more rapes than whites.

Blacks are about 13% of the US population, but commit almost 34% of Aggravated Assaults.

Blacks are about 13% of the US population, but commit over 30% of Burglaries.

Source.

I share the general mystification over the disproportionate killing of blacks by the police.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
But the truth is, when it comes to being killed by law enforcement, blacks are a minority.   More whites are killed then blacks.  
View Quote

There are more whities than blackies, for fun, lets say there are 8 whitie for every blackie.
So until there are 8X more whities killed by police than blackies killed by police, blackies are still being killed are a higher proportionate rate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

With what's going on in Baltimore, and other areas of the country, you would think that more black people are dying at the hands of government law enforcement.  

But the truth is, when it comes to being killed by law enforcement, blacks are a minority.   More whites are killed then blacks.  

Why isn't anyone talking about this fact?

If people want to have a conversation about the application of violence in law enforcement then they should have it.  But it's not a racial issue.  
View Quote

Hush, cops is racist yo
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Then what are the rioters motivated by?  Their feelings?  If they're not motivated by "statistical twaddle" then what?  

How does this happen?
http://static.prisonpolicy.org/images/raceinc.jpg

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cpus10.pdf</a>

I'm not arguing for our laws.  I'm not even making an argument against the idea that blacks are unfairly targeted. But if they're rates of incarceration or so much higher then any other race isn't it reasonable to assume there MIGHT be a correlation to police encounters?  And if they're running into police in greater numbers isn't it reasonable to assume they might be shot more often?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on!

How does this happen?

I'm not arguing for our laws.  I'm not even making an argument against the idea that blacks are unfairly targeted. But if they're rates of incarceration or so much higher then any other race isn't it reasonable to assume there MIGHT be a correlation to police encounters?  And if they're running into police in greater numbers isn't it reasonable to assume they might be shot more often?

You seem to be intentionally ignoring my point.

Are blacks more likely to be killed by the police or the be the victim of excessive force than whites in comparison to the rate in which they are incarcerated?

If the answer to that question is yes, then maybe blacks are being disproportionately targeted by police, even after consideration that blacks commit more crimes.

You keep wanting to point out that blacks commit more crimes than whites, and then use that as the sole and logical conclusion that more blacks will be killed by the police than whites. That is only the first part of the analysis. You need to then compare the crime rates with the rate at which blacks are killed by the police compared to whites. If that rate is even higher than the crime rate, maybe black protesters have a legitimate issue.

If the point of all of this is just use this discussion as an excuse to talk about how blacks commit more crimes, then this discussion does not have any future.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Blacks are about 13% of the US population, but commit almost 34% of Aggravated Assaults.

Source.

I share the general mystification over the disproportionate killing of blacks by the police.
View Quote

All part of the scumbag DNC's plan.  

Destroy the black family's cohesiveness, Distort their outlook on American ideals, shake,stir up and bottle up their hatreds. And then use them for everything that they are worth politically.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Source.

View Quote
So, the only numbers we can find are compiled by some web site?

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source.

So fbi.gov statistics aren't good enough?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source.

Stats be racist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

With what's going on in Baltimore, and other areas of the country, you would think that more black people are dying at the hands of government law enforcement.  

If people want to have a conversation about the application of violence in law enforcement then they should have it.  But it's not a racial issue.  

View Quote

But that doesnt fit the narrative....................

J-
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Source.

View Quote

That also shows why there is a disproportionate number of Blacks in prison, nothing unfair, unjust or racist going on with incarceration rates except for those on the Left trying to make race the excuse.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How does this happen?

I'm not arguing for our laws.  I'm not even making an argument against the idea that blacks are unfairly targeted.  But if they're rates of incarceration or so much higher then any other race isn't it reasonable to assume there MIGHT be a correlation to police encounters?  And if they're running into police in greater numbers isn't it reasonable to assume they might be shot more often?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on!

How does this happen?

I wonder what happens to those stats if you remove non-violent drug offenses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#20]
White lives don't matter
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

People are trying to talk about it, but those who are willing to protest are racists.  Therefore, when the root causes are ignored and replaced to fit an agenda, nothing will get fixed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Perception and media manipulation.

Face it, some people regardless of race need to be shot by the popo.  The world becomes a better place if they do.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are blacks more likely to be killed by the police or the be the victim of excessive force than whites in comparison to the rate in which they are incarcerated?

If the answer to that question is yes, then maybe blacks are being disproportionately targeted by police, even after consideration that blacks commit more crimes.

You keep wanting to point out that blacks commit more crimes than whites, and then use that as the sole and logical conclusion that more blacks will be killed by the police than whites. That is only the first part of the analysis. You need to then compare the crime rates with the rate at which blacks are killed by the police compared to whites. If that rate is even higher than the crime rate, maybe black protesters have a legitimate issue.

If the point of all of this is just use this discussion as an excuse to talk about how blacks commit more crimes, then this discussion does not have any future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on!

How does this happen?

Blacks commit more violent crime, and no doubt more likely to turn violent when encountered by law enforcement, this in turn creates stereotype by which they are perceived, and approached which is 100% the fault of the Black man no one else!

Also due to this it would be only natural that the threat level for law enforcement is more heighten during encounters with Blacks vs Whites thus they would naturally be quicker to respond with lethal force to protect themselves.

However again that is not law enforcement's fault that rests solely on the shoulders of the Black man and the only fix for it has to come from within the Black community. Make no mistake it is a mountain of mistrust they have to dig themselves out from under to change the way they are perceived and it won't happen over night, it will take decades. However until they make that concerted effort they really have nothing to complain about, they will continue to get treated as they treat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With a few exceptions, whites don't look at some white stranger and see a brother that they should automatically sympathize with, especially when it's some shitbag.

It's a major issue when it happens to blacks because black people in this country make it a major issue.
View Quote

This is so true and so simple.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Per capita, how does it work? Seriously, this is like arguing Cali has the more violent crime than Wyoming, without noticing the disparity in population. All (most) here passed the 6th grade, but I know we all want to feel like victims so carry on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You can get a lot of statistics from the FBI's website.  Or you can look at the NACJD website, it slices and dices a lot of crime statistics.  Also the CATO institute keeps a lot of data.  

Where are you getting 85%?   Non-hispanic whites don't make up 85% of the population.

Also, it's a mistake to look at the total population.  You have to look just at the criminal population.  A higher percentage of the black population commits crime.  That's just a fact.  

If you want to have a conversation about whether or not that's true, that's ANOTHER conversation.  Not this one.  

This one is about whether or not blacks who commit crimes are disproportionately killed by police.    The facts clearly illustrate that is simply not true.  The only thing that supports that impression is YouTube, Livelink, and the media in general, and it's a false impression.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link? I would like to point this out to people when they start talking this BS.

OTOH, statistically it should be around 85% of those killed are white. I bet it's much lower though and reason is not because of racist LE.......

You can get a lot of statistics from the FBI's website.  Or you can look at the NACJD website, it slices and dices a lot of crime statistics.  Also the CATO institute keeps a lot of data.  

Where are you getting 85%?   Non-hispanic whites don't make up 85% of the population.

Also, it's a mistake to look at the total population.  You have to look just at the criminal population.  A higher percentage of the black population commits crime.  That's just a fact.  

If you want to have a conversation about whether or not that's true, that's ANOTHER conversation.  Not this one.  

This one is about whether or not blacks who commit crimes are disproportionately killed by police.    The facts clearly illustrate that is simply not true.  The only thing that supports that impression is YouTube, Livelink, and the media in general, and it's a false impression.  

I'd also like to see a break down of color of officer and color of perp shot. I bet the results would embarrass the race baiters and their useful idiots.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'd also like to see a break down of color of officer and color of perp shot. I bet the results would embarrass the race baiters and their useful idiots.
View Quote

In my experience with years of paying attention to such things, that word isn't even in their lexicon.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One of the tings that amazes me is how easily a certain segment of the population is manipulated by their handlers and the media.

View Quote

I'm thinking hate is an easy thing to manipulate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Are we talking total numbers, or per capita?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is. One of the things that I already knew but found it profound that they actually admitted it on tv was those stirring the pot in the Mike Brown shooting.

Those people actually stated they did not care what the facts are they wanted that officer put in prison for shooting Brown. You can't fight that with facts and reason.

When you point out the stats of black on white crime vs white on black you get blank stares back.
View Quote

That's sad........but..........as you know...........this will not end in our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View Quote
Sources?  This matter came up at church yesterday and I do need some more ammo!!!  My argument is that blacks  (as a percentage) commit much higher crime rates than whites and have more interaction with LE.  I would also like to find the percentages on black-on-black homicide/murder rates vs LE-on-black homicide rates.  
I use the 99% vs 1% argument but would like current and better-sourced data!  Out of the 28 or so known homicides committed against the extended family of my congregation (over the last 15 years of this ministry), you guessed it, none have been by LE.  It has been 100% black on black.
When one of my congregation speaks of one that was killed, I will try to work who killed their loved one into the conversation.  I have yet to find a LE/white on black homicide.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Again the "per capita" idea keeps popping up again and again.

It's not the population as a whole.  It's the CRIMINAL population you have to look at.  Trying to "be fair" and balance out everything across ethnic lines is silly.  Saying that since blacks are 13.2% of the population they should only be 13.2% of the crime is nuts.  It is what it is.  

On a percentage basis blacks commit MANY MORE crimes than other races.  They are arrested, convicted, and incarcerated in very high numbers.   So blacks, in general make up a significantly larger percentage of the CRIMINAL POPULATION.    

Why is this?

That's the conversation that needs to be happening.  Saying it's only because of racism is silly.  It won't solve ANYTHING.    

- Maybe it is the WoD?  Maybe we should consider changes here?
- Maybe it's because the economic policies of the "Great Society" failed.  Maybe it destroyed the black family? Maybe it changed the inner city culture?  I have no idea.  But I think it's worth a look
- Maybe it's because our education system isn't achieving the desired results we wanted?
- Maybe it's a poverty problem, or concentration in poverty problem?  Again I have no idea.

What I do know now is blaming it on raciest cops isn't going to do a damn thing to address the root cause of the problem.  This whole racist game we've been playing for the last 50 years isn't working.  Let's try something else.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The "fact" makes for a poor argument without looking at the ratio related to population size.

They are just going to counter with, "well, blacks are overrepresented in the deaths at the hands of police."  If they are 13% of the population but 50% of the deaths, then there goes your argument.

I don't know the stats, but I can guarantee you that they are overrepresented.  I'll let your imaginations run wild as to why that is.

I had a professor try to put down a student about welfare, saying more whites were on it than blacks.  Well, no shit... but how does it look as a proportion to total population makeup?
View Quote

More blacks as a percentage of population commit crimes. So of course they have a higher percentage of interactions with police.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's not the population as a whole.  It's the CRIMINAL population you have to look at.  Trying to "be fair" and balance out everything across ethnic lines is silly.  Saying that since blacks are 13.2% of the population they should only be 13.2% of the crime is nuts.  It is what it is.  

On a percentage basis blacks commit MANY MORE crimes than other races.  They are arrested, convicted, and incarcerated in very high numbers.   So blacks, in general make up a significantly larger percentage of the CRIMINAL POPULATION.    

Why is this?

That's the conversation that needs to be happening.  Saying it's only because of racism is silly.  It won't solve ANYTHING.    

- Maybe it's because the economic policies of the "Great Society" failed.  Maybe it destroyed the black family? Maybe it changed the inner city culture?  I have no idea.  But I think it's worth a look
- Maybe it's because our education system isn't achieving the desired results we wanted?
- Maybe it's a poverty problem, or concentration in poverty problem?  Again I have no idea.

What I do know now is blaming it on raciest cops isn't going to do a damn thing to address the root cause of the problem.  This whole racist game we've been playing for the last 50 years isn't working.  Let's try something else.
View Quote

I understand and pretty much agree with you.

In the other thread there was an article linked to that apparently took that into account and it showed whites are ratably killed by LEO's more often.

But I have NO IDEA if the raw numbers in that article were correct.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said. Yep.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In the other thread there was an article linked to that apparently took that into account and it showed whites are ratably killed by LEO's more often.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is this?

If you are just looking at the CRIMINAL POPULATION, not the general population.  White CRIMINALS are ever so slightly, more likely to be shot and or killed by cops.  If you look at it total numbers more white CRIMINALS are shot and or killed by police.  

Again people need to to stop looking at the population as a whole, and consider just the subset CRIMINAL population.  

Good lord, if this thing keeps going we'll have police forces measuring and tracking their "enforcement" along ethnic lines.  We'll have departments saying they have too many interdictions involving blacks, and making the decision they need to go out and find some "white" crime.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you are just looking at the CRIMINAL POPULATION, not the general population.  White CRIMINALS are ever so slightly, more likely to be shot and or killed by cops.  If you look at it total numbers more white CRIMINALS are shot and or killed by police.  

Again people need to to stop looking at the population as a whole, and consider just the subset CRIMINAL population.  

Good lord, if this thing keeps going we'll have police forces measuring and tracking their "enforcement" along ethnic lines.  We'll have departments saying they have too many interdictions involving blacks, and making the decision they need to go out and find some "white" crime.  
View Quote

That's what that article I talked about seemed to show..........but, like I said..............I have NO IDEA if those raw numbers are accurate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In my experience with years of paying attention to such things, that word isn't even in their lexicon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I can't even count how many times I saw the race baiters on TV declare that the facts don't matter in the Mike Brown shooting. I couldn't wrap my head around how someone could say something so stupid and how the interviewers weren't holding their feet to the fire for saying it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Are we talking per capita, or just in absolute numbers?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is this?

I think that is exactly what Obama and Holder want.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#44]
This thread isn't about the fact that blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes (or atleast it shouldn't be).  This thread is about the fact that anytime a black person is killed by a cop blacks in large groups will rally, riot, protest and act as if the person was killed because he was black.  They will act as if only blacks are killed by police.  They do this despite the fact that more white people are killed by police every year.  That's the what this thread is about.  In the past few years how many white people have been killed by police?  How many black people have been killed by police?  How many large groups of white people have gotten together and rioted claiming the white person was killed solely because he was white?  Zero.  Now how many groups of black people have rioted with the excuse that the black person was killed because he was black?  I've lost count at this point.

This thread is about the fact that large numbers of black people will cry racism about anything despite facts to the contrary.  Michael Brown had just committed a strong arm robbery.  He attacked a cop and was possibly on his way to killing that cop.  Actions that most rational people could believe that would lead to getting shot by the cop.  Instead the "black community" ignores reality and cries racism.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Are we talking per capita, or just in absolute numbers?
View Quote

Both

Per capita of the CRIMINAL population, and in absolute numbers.  

Good lord civil rights and affirmative action laws have really done a number on us.  Next well be complaining that the genes for sickle cell anemia aren't being fair.  

Or maybe we're not being fair with older white male serial killers, maybe the reason they make up most of the psycho-serial killer population is racism.  Maybe cops should lighten up on the old white guy serial killers, or at least look harder for the black ones that must be out there.

It's the CRIMINAL population not the GENERAL population that we need to be looking at.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I love the mantra of we need more black police officers and these issues will be solved.

So if the black population is currently running a 75% high school drop out rate and 50% criminal conviction rate. Hard to get qualified candidates with those numbers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is this?

I love the mantra of we need more black police officers and these issues will be solved.

So if the black population is currently running a 75% high school drop out rate and 50% criminal conviction rate. Hard to get qualified candidates with those numbers.

That's the problem with ignoring the "root problem".  You end up with all sorts of government initiates that don't really help, and sometimes hurt.

The civil rights movement ended institutional racism, which needed to be done.  But since then it's morphed and taken on the impossible goal of eliminating ALL individual racism.  That's an unwinnable war, and tends to generate an opposite reaction.

An example is your example.  I'm sure there are lots of officers, who happen to be black, who've accomplished a lot on their own individual merit.  But because of these "preferential" government policies their "individual" accomplishments are overshadowed.   Some people will say they only accomplished X because they were black, and held to a lower standard.  Some will form negative opinions of "blacks" because they lost out on an opportunity because they didn't have the right skin color.  

I suspect a lot of our problems have been at least exasperated by government not addressing root problems, and executing superficial solutions.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top