Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/26/2015 9:18:19 AM EDT
Do want . When will Lincoln get their shit together and come up with something competitive to this? CTS-V breathes power using a 6.2L supercharged V8 engine with 640 hp and 630 lb.-ft. of torque. It launches to a top speed of 200 mph on the racetrack and hits 60 mph in 3.7 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet ride!  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have never had any sort of desire to own a Cadillac before...but this one intrigues me.

My only concern is that most folks might not know what it is, how much it costs and what it can do. One of the reasons I buy cars is to get awe/envy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like it in 2 door.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Want. I have a 2011v but this has peaked my interest!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have never had any sort of desire to own a Cadillac before...but this one intrigues me.

My only concern is that most folks might not know what it is, how much it costs and what it can do. One of the reasons I buy cars is to get awe/envy.
View Quote

People will know. You could also get a Hellcat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

*piqued
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Its too small and where's the chrome?  I  need a car with a big trunk and lots of room.   I bet I could only store ten rifles in that trunk.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'd like it in 2 door.
View Quote

... me too, I have the 2012 CTS coupe. Not certain if they make them this year
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
If I had the money, it would be at the top of my short list.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

*piqued
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*piqued

Yes - but the "other" brain has peaked
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Will be interesting to see how it sells and the ATS-V, the standard CTS and ATS have lots of trunk $ to move them.

Going by how much a CTS V Sport is, the CTS-V is going to be $80k-$90k.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its too small and where's the chrome?  I  need a car with a big trunk and lots of room.   I bet I could only store ten rifles in that trunk.
View Quote

please translate "10 rifles" into "dead hookers" for proper Arfcom perspective.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't feed the troll.    This is the same dude that all the Arf women trashed after he bragged about having a huge dick that hurt women.  It was hilarious.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#14]
May have to trade in my escalade for this.... I always wanted a cts-v and ordered a 2010 back in 2010. 72k back then before taxes. But when it finally came in, wife said I couldn't have it Bc I wrecked my previous car due to speeding. So I came home with an equally expensive escalade.

It's been years since the accident, and Im waiting for a wagon version to come out of the 2016's.
If not I'll look for a used wagon version of the previous model. And use that as my beater....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Ford/Lincon decided to suck the wrong wheel drive cock for pretty much all of their offerings now that aren't trucks or a mustang. You won't see anything like that from Ford for a long time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The CTS can go around a corner though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Sort of want.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#18]
SWEEET! I've been debating one for a few years on and off. Last time I seriously considered one they still had the manual transmission option, I really hope they haven't killed that off like some of the other luxury performance sedans. This body and these new numbers may have me back at the dealership...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ford/Lincon decided to suck the wrong wheel drive cock for pretty much all of their offerings now that aren't trucks or a mustang. You won't see anything like that from Ford for a long time.
View Quote

Sad but true. No more RWD explorer, no more Towne Cars WTF?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would figure that your biggest consideration would be the tool storage.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Just picked up a 2014 CTS-V Sedan yesterday.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#22]

That thing is not a Cadillac.  It is a BMW with a fake Cadillac badge.

This is a real Cadillac.  There's lot of room in the trunk for guns and lots of room for the dog.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is a real Cadillac.  There's lot of room in the trunk for guns and lots of room for the dog.

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/d79c2c15-7172-4112-bbee-a4b9965eb220_zpspiny1mn1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/d79c2c15-7172-4112-bbee-a4b9965eb220_zpspiny1mn1.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thats the image their still spending lots of $ on trying to shed.
You are a dinosaur.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I have an odd deal with GM cars, especially the Caddies. When they're relatively new, regardless of performance, they just don't appeal to me at all visually. They just don't have much of a soul. Then, maybe 20 years down the road, I find that I like some of them a lot.

On Ford's , Lincolns specifically, I often find them visually appealing when they're new, but 20 years down the road I just can't get into them, regardless of performance.

FWIW, I sold GM for a couple of years, lots of Cadillacs, and sold Fords for about 4 years altogether.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/d79c2c15-7172-4112-bbee-a4b9965eb220_zpspiny1mn1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/d79c2c15-7172-4112-bbee-a4b9965eb220_zpspiny1mn1.jpg</a>

You are a dinosaur.

BINGO.  My 2014 is just amazing and completely dispels the "OLD" Cadillac image.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.

The problem is the you do not understand fine automobiles.  With my car, I can easily put forty or fifty rifles in the trunk.  With that so called "Cadillac", Mr. Metrosexual would barely be able to store his man purse.

But where's the chrome?  How can it be a Cadillac without any chrome?  WHERE'S THE CHROME???

And no whitewall tires either
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
May have to trade in my escalade for this.... I always wanted a cts-v and ordered a 2010 back in 2010. 72k back then before taxes. But when it finally came in, wife said I couldn't have it Bc I wrecked my previous car due to speeding. So I came home with an equally expensive escalade.

It's been years since the accident, and Im waiting for a wagon version to come out of the 2016's.
If not I'll look for a used wagon version of the previous model. And use that as my beater....
View Quote

Damn dude
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice!

Can't afford.

I mean I could, but then I would have to live in it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The problem is the you do not understand fine automobiles.  With my car, I can easily put forty or fifty rifles in the trunk.  With that so called "Cadillac", Mr. Metrosexual would barely be able to store his man purse.

But where's the chrome?  How can it be a Cadillac without any chrome?  WHERE'S THE CHROME???

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.

But it will outrun a BMW M5 and is only a couple of tenth's away from the Mercedes AMG E63 4matic
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

No grandpa.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:08:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.

There's no way you are being serious, my bad falling for it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are a dinosaur.

classic cars fucking suck dude, try driving faster and you'll see why
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#33]

But if I wanted a small silly Eurocar, then instead of buying an imitation, I would just get the real thing---a Mercedes.

And I am not interested in endangering others by driving like a maniac.  What's wrong with cruising the highways in great comfort at 70mph?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The driver's seat IS nice

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#35]
While it would be nice, I live on a dirt road and would feel bad driving around a grimy CTS-V all the time.  I had to laugh at the clay car wash thread yesterday as I generally only pressure wash my wheels when the mud buildup produces a noticeable vibration.

The other problem would be tickets.  When I owned a Bullitt edition Mustang it was rare that I drove it without getting into the triple digits.  Driving a dog like a Chevy Cruze diesel is probably a good decision for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#36]
No more wagon, and no more manual trans.  I really want to trade my 1st gen sedan in on a second gen wagon with a stick.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#37]
No coupe, no sale...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#38]
If only they weren't .gov motors, 'cause that looks like a rocket!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm kinda with Fluffy. I want an old man Cadillac.

Problem is, what I want is exactly what would bankrupt GM a second time around, so it's probably good that they don't listen to me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#40]
We don't support communists in this household.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm kinda with Fluffy. I want an old man Cadillac.

View Quote

Here you go, something for all tastes......the V Series cars are meant to compete against the M and AMG series vehicles. They're niche cars.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#42]
anyone know if their V6 blocks are still imported from China?

What's the point of the bailout if the cars main components are Chinese?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, let it go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I know it's a performance car but it still looks like a granny car.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:28:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.

Never. They touched my nono place.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.

+1

I hate GM with a passion, im a Ford guy but I would buy the CTS-V in a heartbeat if I had a need for car
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

+1

I hate GM with a passion, im a Ford guy but I would buy the CTS-V in a heartbeat if I had a need for car
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.

+1

I can't as a Cuban, and GM paying lip service to the communists.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, let it go.

+1

And this is turning into a Roebuck thread
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the difference on the skid pad between the two? I didn't think it was much.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their Continental concept car looked good, but they didn't go with it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top