BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Took out a page 2 once
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot a dime out of the air with an air rifle on my first (and only) try.

Shot a little bird out of a tree at 220 yards with a Marlin 60.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Small buck broadside at about 125 yards right through the heart.  Off hand with my Grandpas Remington 700 in .270.  That wasn't the perfect shot.  He took off on the dead run and even though I was certain I hit him I instinctively jacked in another round and popped him a second time.  When I checked him the two entry holes were an inch and a half apart.  When I opened up his chest there wasn't a piece of heart or lungs bigger than about the first joint on your thumb.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was a kid me and my cousin were hanging out in my drive way with our be guns when a sparrow started dive bombing us. I just pointed the BB gun at it and shot it out of the air, the sparrow smacked into garage door and dropped drt.

Another time I was about 17 and me and some buddies were camping and saw a squirrel in a tree so I walked up to the tree with my Taurus 1911, waited for it to stop on a low branch and shot. I missed and it started to run up the trunk of the tree under all the pine needles, out of frustration I just randomly shot into the tree and low and behold it came tumbling down out of the tree. I hit him right in the head. That was probably one of the coolest shots I've ever made
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#6]
what i would call my luckiest shot is a bit different. so far, folks have been telling stories of luck regarding accuracy. what i call my luckiest shot, i call that because no one was injured. long story short, some friends(me and 3 or 4 others) and i were playing around with a chemistry set(early 90's) and trying to make our own version of a hydrochloric acid/drano bomb on a smaller scale. we put the foil and acid in a glass salad dressing sized bottle. i can't remember what it originally held. we could see the gasses building, but the damned thing just wouldn't bust/blow up. none of us were stupid enough to go and try to take the cap off. so, we got the bright idea to shoot it with a bb gun. we took turns. a couple missed, my buddy connected(the glass cracked, but held), and now it's my turn. i take aim, fire and connect. the bottle explodes, sending bits of glass in all directions. luckily, none of the glass cut any of us.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Head shot on a turkey at 200 yards with a .270 Browning BAR, resting the rifle in a fence post.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:10:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I shot it right up her nose from like 2 feet away once. She was super pissed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Couple years ago at the end of an advanced handgun fundamentals course, instructor took us back out to 100yds and said all he wanted was one good hit on the steel.
I made sure all 3 mags for my FNP40 were loaded figuring I'd need them. Stepped up to the line, aimed about 1.5' above.....BAMM.....DING.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Took my ex girlfriend shooting ( before she was ex). Targets were clay pigens and we were using a 10/22 at 50 feet. She was complaining it was too hard (in hindsight she didn't like guns it turns out). I do my best to help her for 15 or so minutes and then she starts blaming the gun. Enough was enough. From the low ready I snapped the rifle to my shoulder and squeezed off a round in one motion. Straight through the clay target, dead center. Probably couldn't have done any better sandbagged...

Quickly recovering my composure, i handed the rifle over to her and repeated that it was not the gun. She never brought it up again

Would never dream of attempting a repeat though
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Head shot on a deer in a slow bound at about 300 yards. Dropped like a rock. My dad, brother and hunting buddy as witnesses.
One of the best feelings I've had. Shot went through right behind his right eye and out behind his ear.

Hunting buddy's words were "FUCK YEAH!!!!"

Good times
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Buddy was sighting in his sks at the 100 yd line, kept missing the clay.  I said, I got it.  drew my glock, hit it, holstered, and walked away.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Back when my daughter was first born we all ( wife, kid and I) went out for an evening stroll.  Shortly after starting the walk a fucking wasp/bee/hornet thing started following me.  The following transpired:

Me: "Bee, you better get the fuck away."
Bee: *buzz!!*
Me: "Fine.  Fuck you."

I proceeded to rip my hat off my head, smack the fucker out of the air and step on it.  All without breaking stride or taking my eyes off the side walk.  The wife unit was pretty impressed.

I looked at her and said:  "I fucking warned it."

The whole thing happened in maybe over the course of a minute.  A real wham bam thank you ma'am, one and done sort of deal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#14]
One off the top of my head. I was out to the cabin and ran out of bait night fishing for bullheads so I started wading in the shallows with a flashlight looking for crawfish and minnows. In three feet of water 15 feet to my front was a 2 1/2 foot long female eel. I said what the hell and fired two 180gr .40s at her with the pistol in one hand and the light in the other. Damn thing floated to the top! One round behind the head off center and another in the center of the back just aft of the body cavity.

The wife still can't believe I pulled that one and she was there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Was at a SASS Club shoot one of the guys had an NEF Handi-Rifle or H&R single shot in 38-55.  With a bunch of handloads trying to sight the sucker in by shooting at claybirds.

He was fussing and fuming, swearing a blue streak.  I suggest he start closer up and then move the targets back adjusting as he goes, or start with paper to make sure the load was working well.  He didn't have a spotter and you couldn't really tell where it hit form the big puff of powdered dirt.  So he handed me the rifle and said "See if you can tell where it is hitting."    It was about 75 yards and with the long radius open sights and wide rear notch, I figure about a 6" group was the best he was going to get anyway.  Well, I took the rifle, did the Alvin York thumb to the front sight, and hit the bird center enough to smoke it.  Handed it back, said, "Seems right to me"  No way was I going to try a second shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:40:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Kicked a football as low and slow as possible 50ft into a bucket of wet dogshit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#17]
shot a snake swimming in a pond about 40 yards away with irons. took me less than 1 second. Never forget that one
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Lol...

This thread made me remember that a buddy shot a gopher.

We were out shooting squirrels in the mountains when we saw some leaves rustling in front of us about 15-20feet.

Buddy shot into the leaves and a mole/gopher rolls out of the leaf pile.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Took down a bowling pin at 100 yards with a 9mm pistol.

First shot.

Eyes are getting fuzzy now.

I wish I was young again.

Folks, remember this.

Enjoy your eyesight as long as you can. One day is going to come around that those iron sights won`t be as clear as they once were. Optics are my friend now.

I miss my youth.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Using a Glock 19 I hit an acetylene tank at 415 yards on my first shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Bowling pin. 55 yards. S&W 686. Snap shot to finish a timed event. .38Spl. +P 125 JHP.
My eyes aren't what they used to be. I was the only one to hit the pin with the only one shot allowed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I hit a duck from about 450 yds with a 7mm standing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Active shooter class a few years ago. Got the instructor/hostage taker through the eye from about 15 yards away, shooting past/through 3 hostages with shitty Glock simunitions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:06:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shot a fox at 180 meters. Wasn't even sure I hit it. Often when they hear a gun shot or hear an impact sound they duck down quickly and relocate. Walked out and found it eventually. Walking back I couldn't find an entrance or exit wound. Finally get back to the group with my quarry. Spent probably 10 minutes taking turns inspecting it without any luck finding damage until someone said a front tooth was chipped. Opened the mouth and found the entrance wound, dead center back of throat. Was using a 17hmr with polymer tipped ammo. Figure it hit the skull or spine and stopped before exiting.

Hunting rabbits on foot with a SBR'd suppressed GSG5PK. It had been a long day and the gun was fairly dirty. Heard a noise at 3 o'clock and spun. Heavy underbrush area, saw a rabbit hauling ass about 15 meters away. Only saw it every 10-15 feet as it ran through due to thick bushes. Tracked matrix style and shot through a bush and heard it tumble. Right through the head. Lucky thing it hit it on the first shot, the gun was jammed action open stove pipe
View Quote

About 8-9 years ago i shot a jack rabbit with 40grn vmax at about 200-250 yards.

Walked down to inspect and found no blood or muck like usual.   What I did find was that it was inflated/puffed up with no sign of entry/exit wound.

At this point I should note that it was an up hill shot and the jack rabbit was trotting away from me.

When I picked up the jackrabbit by its rear foot I heard the sound that could only be described as water sloshing around in a half inflated water balloon.

40grain enema is what I figure.

Mental "sound" of that sloshing liquid stew in that rabbits gut is still in my mind.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:12:43 AM EDT
[#25]
IPSC certification class.  Shot 2 rounds of .45ACP through the same hole in the X-ring out of a Glock 21 at about 15-20 yards from different locations on the range.  

When they were scoring my targets I thought I must have missed once.  The instructor then took the class over to my target and explained this is what you are looking to achieve with your hits.  He showed where you could tell both bullets went through the same hole.

Never been quite that accurate before or since then with a pistol.  Lucky shots indeed.  I'm decent with a pistol, but I'm not THAT good.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#26]
On a rifle I'd zeroed for 100yds and never shot beyond 280yds, I made a first round hit at 600yds. Not only that, but there was a supressor attached and I had no idea what it would do to my assumed dope. I was like
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:35:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quartering away clay pigeon at 30 yards with a 629.  First attempt.  I had a hard time trying to hide my amazement.  They started yelling and gthering more people for me to do it again.  I said, nah.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Shooting a croosbow. I shot a bullseye, then my next arrow hit the first, pushed it through the hay bale holding the target sheet, and took its place at the bullseye.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#29]

As a kid, shot a sparrow out of the sky with my BB gun at about 25 yards

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#30]
When I was 12 I killed a 100lb hog at 600 yards with a .30-06 through a Simmons 4x. Hit him right it the dome. DRT.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:18:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
About ten years ago I shot a clay out of the air with my S&W .44 mag with red dot at my son-in -laws
annual clay shoot.

They still talk about that to this day.

I acted like I do that at will and played it cool.

View Quote

I was playing with my Marlin 2000 (target/biathlon style 22lr) at the trap club. Pretty mellow crew on the week nights so I walked out and stood off the left side of station #1. Started tracking a few birds through the sights and decided I might as well try and hit one. Was tracking a hard left bird that a guy on #5 missed and I took the shot and split that bastard right in two. The whole line stopped and looked in disbelief and one guy told me to do it again. "Nope think I'm good for the night" like I had done it a million times.

For those that don't know a hard left from #1 is one of the hardest birds to shoot. Since I was in the grass and waited for him to miss it was even more ridiculous. Probably couldn't do it again with 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:18:32 AM EDT
[#32]
dove on a power wire at 150 yards with a crossman 760 in 1 shot at the age of 14. I wasnt entirely  sure i was the reason it went down till i checked its corpse.  my buddy was there to wittness it. I aimed comically far over its head.

also hit a flying bat with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#33]
When I was kid I was messing around with my pellet gun... I couldn't hit anything all day. Missing tin cans by miles, barely making paper... After feeling very frustrated I was sitting on the porch looking towards the bird feeders.. I saw a finch (from what I remember, it could have been a different bird) land. Without hesitation I raised the rifle and fired a shot in the direction of the feeders - feathers went flying. My jaw dropped and I immediately felt a giant sense of guilt and sadness. I didn't want to kill it, I didn't want to hit it... It was the first lesson I learned about "don't point your weapon at anything you don't intend to shoot". Zero aiming, zero skill, all luck... I learned an important lesson that day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Once when I was a kid I was riding my Honda Spree 50cc scooter drinking a diet Shasta, I had it pegged, I must've been doing a good 32 MPH, and I tossed the empty Shasta can into a regulation size standard metal garbage can that was sitting out in front of a house next to the curb, just nailed it, didn't even slow down, just nailed it. I went back to confirm my shot, geesh I wish I would've had a witness, but if I had someone on the back I don't think I could've broke 20 MPH. Thanks for asking, I never get tired of telling that story.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#35]
When I first learned to shoot, my dad took me to an old friend of his that was a small arms instructor in the Air Force. The last day of shooting we set up some clay pigeons on hangers and had more pigeons than hangers. The berm had a partial rail road tie retaining wall towards the bottom that served as the base for the target stands. We left the extras sitting on top of the wall so you could only see the black edge from the firing line. Back at the 100 yard line we were shooting them and the steel spinners with .22lr rifles. After a mag change, I decided to hip fire it carefully to see if I could hit something (I had some practice with a full auto Thompson the day before). First shot I hit one of those pigeons laying on the retaining wall. I couldn't believe it, and stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds since I couldn't hit even one of five bowling pins at 15 yards with the Thompson from the hip.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I've got two lucky shots. Both at 150 yards and both I was trying to hit where I did. First one. I was about 15 we were riding the levees on the mississippi one night shooting neutra. There was a wood duck at about 150 yards in the water. Had been seeing a lot of ducks but got dared to head shoot this one  Note this isn't in the river but the flooded parts next to it. I am shooting an old open sight marlin .22. I through up and shoot quickly thinking no way I can make this shot and boom head shot. I was shocked. Played it off like it was no big deal. The other one is from when I was around 12. My uncle tells me to take the head off a turkey that is 150 yards away and about thirty feet up in a tree. It's getting close to dark so all I can see is a silhouette. I'm shooting a steyr pro hunter in 25-06 with a 3-9x50. Take the shot and he drops out of the tree. My uncle then claims that no way I actually made the head shot. He was probably ribbing me as he was an extremely above average shooter. We walk down to retrieve the bird and sure enough right through the eye. Best feeling I've had behind a gun since he was so good and hard to impress with marksmanship.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Head shot a flying/hovering humming bird from about 75 ft away with my cross man 2100 classic with a total pos chicom variable scope. The very last thing to go through his brain was to clamp his feet down on the branch he was hovering above, and after that he swing upside down and hung there, like a bat, dead as a door nail!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Kicked a football as low and slow as possible 50ft into a bucket of wet dogshit.
View Quote
Why were you kicking footballs at our president?

My go to rabbit gun is an old Stevens 20 ga that belonged to my grandfather. One day while rabbit hunting, I was bent down, walking through some heavy brush. I was holding the Stevens by the grip in my right hand, pointed straight ahead, down by my side.

A rabbit jumped up and ran directly straight away from me and I cocked the hammer and fired without even raising the shotgun, the rabbit rolled up about 20 feet in front of me.

When I dressed out the bunny I found that a single #6 pellet had hit it in the back of the head and killed it; no other pellets hit it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#39]
20 yards with my grandpa's Berea Thunder 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Two whitetail deer with one bullet was probably my "luckiest" shot. But the one others talked about the most was a warthog I shot from the back of a moving truck. The warthog was running about 60 yards ahead, quartering away but on a converging path with the truck. Rolled him up with one shot to the boiler room. I didn't think much about it but the P.H. and trackers were very impressed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:45:08 AM EDT
[#41]
When I was 9 or 10. Wintertime in KY, I'm in my room and hear some pigeons out back. I crack my bedroom window, cut a small slit in the screen and gave the crossman about 5 to pumps. This pellet rifle/scope combo was not accurate and well beat up. Took aim and hit that bastard dead center. It swung down and dangled from the wire for a second or two, finally dropped and planted in the snow tail straight up in the air.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Prairie Dog at 523 yds on a windy ass Wyoming day with a 10/22.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Hip shot with a Crossman pellet gun, dropped a dove in mid flight about 15 yards out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#44]
My luckiest shot was also a lesson in gun safety. I was set up with  a 22-250 at night waiting for some hogs. One lone hog came into the feeder which was 200 yards away. I aimed and pulled the trigger but nothing happened. I had a brain fart and lifted my head off the scope and started fiddling with the safety. The rifle went off and scared the shit out of me. I went down range to check and see if I had shot the feeder. What I found was a dead 200lb hog.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I shot 5 low recoil slugs in a row on a 300 yard gong with ghost ring sights after using three shots to establish the hold over. I was never able to repeat it.

Struck an elk 3'' from the heart with a 50 caliber inline muzzle loader at 250 yards. The bullet nailed one lung and clipped another. It wasn't that lucky though, since it proceeded to run a mile. It took 8 hours to haul out the meat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Non gun moment here.
Out with some buddies launching model rockets. My last launch goes sideways (literally) and nails a bird mid flight. "poof" feathers everywhere, no sign of the bird.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Unknown distance, maybe 100 yards or so, 16" steel round gong target, 1911A1, WW2 vintage.  LC 230Gr Match Ball, guestimated elevation, pointed the gun up in the air, and was looking under the mag well to "aim" using massive Kentucky windage / elevation.  Pulled the trigger and a second or so later, heard a steel gong ring where I actually hit the target.  

ETA: First shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#48]
1994  75 yards  S&W model 29.  One handed armadillo shot.  At night.  The other hand was holding the spotlight.  Have one witness.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Are you a cop?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shooting a dog with a glock 20, bullet struck the fence and split the bullet putting half of it into the dogs back and half into the belly.

Second shot was a headshot.

200 grain Hornady xtp over 9.2 grains of blue dot if I remember right, the load flattened primers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Are you a cop?

I'm sure there're lots of cops out there issued 10mm and allowed to carry hand loads on duty.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Prairie dog, 637 yards first shot....this was all skill though.  I regularly shoot at those ranges and have range card and there was no wind.  It is simple math from there.

Also, had a pheasant jump up behind me at about 2 yards.  Turned and fired, hit the pheasant square in the back at two yards.  The entire shot cup with all the shot was buried in his back.  Needles to say he was DRT.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top