Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:20:12 PM EDT
I'm going to have to go with the mosquito that I just knocked out of the air while pissing. It was meandering around the bathroom and drifted through my airspace. nailed that little bastard with some Knob Creek residuals!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot right through the beak of a bluejay once with my Crossman 760. I was 11 or 12.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Deer hunting with a sidelock muzzleloader.  I was about 16 or so, standing on the edge of a field.  I hear something to my right, out pops a deer into the field.  It's about 40 yards away, stops and looks at me.  I reached for my gun (slung over right shoulder) about the time it takes off.  Got the gun to my shoulder, found the deer in the sights and pulled the trigger.

Center of heart.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Shooting a dog with a glock 20, bullet struck the fence and split the bullet putting half of it into the dogs back and half into the belly.

Second shot was a headshot.

200 grain Hornady xtp over 9.2 grains of blue dot if I remember right, the load flattened primers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a snake that was swimming about 50 yards away with one shot from a Ruger Mk II. I have 2 witnesses.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Indoor range with a buddy. Ran my target all the way down. 1964 DDR Suhl Armory Makarov.  First shot perfectly centerpunched the target. Perfectly.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Shot a buzzard out of the sky with a 6" S&W Model 27.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Dove season a few years ago. Had my 870 and a 20 ga single shot in a scabbard just for fun. Shot three dove with the 870 then immediately drew the 20 ga and one handed fired, nailing the dove and catching it with my left hand
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit a 10" gong at 100 yards first try with an AK
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Hip shot on a squirrel at about 25 yds with a .22.

I'm a pretty crappy shot, it was 110% luck.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a gun moment, but neither was the OP's.

When I was about 10, we went to a company picnic for my stepdad's work.   It was the one time that management and the trades mingled.

Anyway, there was an "egg toss" event.  There were a bunch of eggs left over afterwards.  Some manager's kid took one of the left over eggs, threw it at my brother and hit him in the face.

The kid took off running.  I grabbed an egg, eyeballed the kid, figured the angle and his approximate speed and threw an egg with all my might.

If the kid would have stopped, it would have sailed past him.  But I watched it arc, and begin its decent as the kid kept running away, back to me.

Seriously, it seemed to me as a kid at the time like watching a space capsule make reentry into the atmosphere.  I knew it was going to hit him.

I could seem him relax, slow up, stop running, and turn around about ready to give me a fuck you.  He didn't have the chance...as soon has he turned around about face....smash!  Egg hit him directly in the face, in the middle of his forehead.  

He folded like a deck chair and wailed like a bitch.

It was probably 30 yards, but to me as a kid it seemed like half a mile.

The moral of the story?

Don't fuck with my little brother.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
A friend of mine shot a huge eight point with a muzzleloader.  His pants were around his ankles and he shot from the hip.  Range was about 70 yards.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot a wasp with a sig from about 25-30 ft. Was really hot outside and mr wasp was floating around down range about a foot of the ground. Was shooting my friends sit and decided I would take a shot. Friend watched me do it and immediately after the shot me wasp was gone, just disappeared instantly.

Eta: my brother dusted a clay pigeon in the air, from the hip, with my 18.5" 870.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not sure that I could repeat the shot that I took when I killed my first deer. I was on one knee, facing the wrong way when it jumped out of some bushes and started running down a hill. I had a 91/30 slung over my shoulder with the safety on. By the time it reached the bottom of the hill, I had the rifle unslung and safety off. The deer stopped at the bottom of the hill for a moment, and I took the shot.

Right in the boiler room. The deer made it about six feet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Shot a fly off a branch with a slingshot once, also took the head off a dragonfly with the same slingshot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#15]
2 squirrels 1 shot.

Cool part was they stood side by side on a plane perpendicular to the flight path of the bullet.

I said ennie meenie minie mo.

Shot the squirrel on the right and blew his ass up so violently that a bullet or bone fragment JFK'd the bastard standing a foot away to the left.

Went down to inspect carnage and found innocent bystander squirrel had cuts and debris to the head/face.

Was a severe WTF moment and witnessed by two friends.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I made this thread a few months ago. Except I made a typo in the title, and it said "your luckiest shit". It escalated quickly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a gun moment, but neither was the OP's.

When I was about 10, we went to a company picnic for my stepdad's work.   It was the one time that management and the trades mingled.

Anyway, there was an "egg toss" event.  There were a bunch of eggs left over afterwards.  Some manager's kid took one of the left over eggs, threw it at my brother and hit him in the face.

The kid took off running.  I grabbed an egg, eyeballed the kid, figured the angle and his approximate speed and threw an egg with all my might.

If the kid would have stopped, it would have sailed past him.  But I watched it arc, and begin its decent as the kid kept running away, back to me.

Seriously, it seemed to me as a kid at the time like watching a space capsule make reentry into the atmosphere.  I knew it was going to hit him.

I could seem him relax, slow up, stop running, and turn around about ready to give me a fuck you.  He didn't have the chance...as soon has he turned around about face....smash!  Egg hit him directly in the face, in the middle of his forehead.  

He folded like a deck chair and wailed like a bitch.

It was probably 30 yards, but to me as a kid it seemed like half a mile.

The moral of the story?

Don't fuck with my little brother.
View Quote

good story! the imagery was priceless
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I stopped discing a field to pull out my Ruger GP-100 and shoot a running armadillo about 40 yards away.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#19]
About 35-40 mph on a 3-wheeler with a single shot .22 rifle in my off/left hand.  Shot a pheasant that flew up right through the head, almost right in the eye.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Hit a hanging steel cylinder (6" long, 1.5" diameter) with a .22LR at 250yds using Winchester bulk ammo on the first shot.  3x32 BSA scope.  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Dayum!  After some of these lies stories I feel like I should add a few MPH of crosswind or some yardage.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#22]
160+ yard bird kill with a rented 12 gauge.  I pulled the trigger thinking I was wasting ammo I had already paid for, bird drops and dog takes off, and the guide just says "no fucking way".  It probably heard the shot and had a heart attack

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Got to the range, pulled out my Mosin first time I ever shoot one, nail the 3" steel circle at 400 yards iron sights, couldn't do t again to save my life
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Many years ago, I had an old Chinese AK-47 with the spike underfolder bayonet. A friend of mine took a group of us shooting out in the desert north of Tucson. We set up cardboard silhouettes at about 40-50 yards. I stepped up to the line with the AK, and pulled the trigger three times as fast as I could. My friend was floored to find two shots hit dead center of mass, the third shot hit right in the forehead. Mozambiqued the target by pure dumb luck.

Of course, I sold it as best I could as uber tier 1 operator skill!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#25]
BIL, 100m, no idea what 55gr.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Shot a fox at 180 meters. Wasn't even sure I hit it. Often when they hear a gun shot or hear an impact sound they duck down quickly and relocate. Walked out and found it eventually. Walking back I couldn't find an entrance or exit wound. Finally get back to the group with my quarry. Spent probably 10 minutes taking turns inspecting it without any luck finding damage until someone said a front tooth was chipped. Opened the mouth and found the entrance wound, dead center back of throat. Was using a 17hmr with polymer tipped ammo. Figure it hit the skull or spine and stopped before exiting.

Hunting rabbits on foot with a SBR'd suppressed GSG5PK. It had been a long day and the gun was fairly dirty. Heard a noise at 3 o'clock and spun. Heavy underbrush area, saw a rabbit hauling ass about 15 meters away. Only saw it every 10-15 feet as it ran through due to thick bushes. Tracked matrix style and shot through a bush and heard it tumble. Right through the head. Lucky thing it hit it on the first shot, the gun was jammed action open stove pipe
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's my mom shooting steel with my Ruger P89.
Camera was a cheapass point and shoot APS.
I just intended to get a shot of her aiming at the plates.

No way in hell could I have planned that, especially with the crap camera I had.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Behind the back, no look bank to the corner on the 8 ball. I was three balls up on a $100 game, and just showboating a little. Never thought in a million years I'd make it.        

It immediately degraded into a fistfight in which the Marine I was playing decided I was cheating.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Shot a wasp with a sig from about 25-30 ft. Was really hot outside and mr wasp was floating around down range about a foot of the ground. Was shooting my friends sit and decided I would take a shot. Friend watched me do it and immediately after the shot me wasp was gone, just disappeared instantly.

Eta: my brother dusted a clay pigeon in the air, from the hip, with my 18.5" 870.
View Quote

I have an uncle who is a very good trap shooter. I remember 10 or so years ago he could probably shoot 50% or better from having the gun tucked in his armpit on clays I would throw lightly with the hand thrower. Pretty impressive. Turns out he grew up watching a lot of exhibition shooters and practiced a lot.

My luckiest shot was a big doe from 450 or so yards away with a 6mm Remington. It was dead within a few steps - tucked the bullet right behind the shoulder. I had nothing more than a 3-9x40 Nikon with a duplex reticle, sighted in 1" high at 100 yards. I was shooting some 70s Nosler Partitions (this was only 6 or 7 years ago).

I would not try that shot again without at MIL or MOA marks on my reticle, but I didn't know much better back then. Also, it was a 3-2-1 countdown with me and a buddy trying to shoot two different does. He missed.

ETA: Not claiming skill here - it was all luck. And I had a rest.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#30]
I shot a coyote running full speed perpendicular too me at 500 yards with a M1 carbine using iron sights.

Several times hit quail with my .22 with hip shots.  My favorite gun as a kid.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Two hogs, one arrow!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#32]
12 years old, split a dragon fly in half with my bb gun... Three witnesses, I was merely joking and said hey watch this Ill shoot that fucker mid flight.. pulled up and bam ripped it in half No way I could ever repeat the shot, it was honestly the luckiest most random act of accuracy I have ever had. 2nd best was last deer season, smoke a buck at 464 yards with my .308, that was not so much luck as it was knowing what my rifle "should" do at that range, adjusted the scope accordingly laid prone, and took the shot, he dropped my buddy damn near shat him self when he watched through his binos.. I told him I was good to 500 yards with that gun, guess he thought I was joking...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I once hit a 12" gong at 200 yards with my SAA clone in .45 Colt. First shot.

I had 2 witnesses.

I should have put the gun away and headed home. But I tried another 14 shots and never rang it again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#34]
I shot one of those dumb ass round colored reflector things that sit on a long plastic stick. People use those things to surround their mailboxes and drive ways. I was using a BB pistol that was powered by those 12 gram co2 cartridges. The target was way out of range. It was pushing 25 yards. No one could hit it. I got it on the first shot.

I then did the most resposible thing a 16 year old could do, and I shot a fly with it. I cracked the cheap ass plastic patio chair and spooked my buddy. It was real close to his arm. All that was left of the fly was a little black smudge and a red speck. My buddies dad told me that if I could shoot a shitty BB pistol like that, he didn't give a fuck about a cheap ass chair and reflector. He was an old retired Army Ranger.

I've out shot a few friends with their own pistols. Most of them can't shoot worth a shit, so it's pretty easy. I was on fire one afternoon. I bounced an aluminum can across the yard each time I squeezed the trigger. By magazine #2, I was hitting the can mid air. That friend doesn't volunteer to let me shoot his guns anyore. He had a hard time hitting a 5 gallon bucket. Much butt hurt was involved. I hadn't shot a pistol for over five years before that day. I had never handled a glock before, either.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:21:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Threw a Frisby from the free throw line on the other side of the court and made a ba2sket.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Ruger single six 4 5/8"barrel Winchester bulk 22LR. Q tip 10 yards. Blew up the first one on the 3rd shot. Reloaded. Reset. Aimed. Took off the head. 1st shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:30:19 AM EDT
[#39]
maybe 12 y.o. , our at a 100 yd range with a friend of my grandparents (family was not much into guns, this guy had several nice ones). Shooting paper 12 gauge shells (yes, paper with the type of shot typed onto the top) this was maybe 1977(?)  shot a slug using Kentucky windage at a 2 liter soda bottle..got it .
Another:
We used to shoot pigeons from underneath a bridge (maybe 100 feet up to the support beams they were perched on) same deal ..aim above & over left or right depending on wind, I think the bbs used to knock them out partially at that distance because they would fall into the river , but kind of corkscrew on their way down
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#40]
When I was 10, from what I would guess to be 20-25 yds away, I shot a bottle rocket stick with my BB gun.  

Also, when I was about 13, I took out an old glass one gallon jug with my Dad's S&W .357 mag revolver from what we guess to be 60-70 yds...it was WAAAAAY out off the road in a gravel pit.

Not lying either...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I shot a flying bat with a bb gun. When it started to get dark they would fly slow and shot it from the hip.
My buddy shot a flying bumble bee.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#42]
German Army sniper school while stationed in Germany. They offered a "one shot challenge". Everybody got one round with a scoped G3 to a target maybe 500 meters away. Not too far away, but I was the only shooter to hit dead center. Got a nice plaque for my efforts,
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Shot a 10.7 in the ROTC national championships in the finals round. Brought me from 8th to second place. Missed first by 2 tenths of a point.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#44]
I won an AR by shooting the stem off a pumpkin, standing  at a hundred yards.  Total luck.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#45]
I was deer hunting on my 21st birthday with my Grandpas Remington Game Master 30.06.  After a few hours in our traditional area I decided to go about four miles away and sit along the power lines.  I sat there for about three hours and I got board.

I was sitting in my lawn chair and after I cracked my third beer a bunch of deer started walking across about four telephone poles down.  I'm not sure how far that is but I lined up my iron sights and pulled the trigger on the biggest one.  They all ran way.

I walked down there and saw a blood trail.  Twenty yards away was a big ass ten pointer shot right though the vitals.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#46]
A barn swallow on the wing, in the barn, with a Crossman BB pistol....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

About ten years ago I shot a clay out of the air with my S&W .44 mag with red dot at my son-in -laws

annual clay shoot.

They still talk about that to this day.

I acted like I do that at will and played it cool.
View Quote

I did the same thing with a 1911 (absolute luck obviously), and acted like it's not that hard. Well, my friends were skeptical and I missed about 10 more times before I gave up.

The first clay was kind of anemic lob. After that they tried to rip them absolutely straight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Shooting a dog with a glock 20, bullet struck the fence and split the bullet putting half of it into the dogs back and half into the belly.

Second shot was a headshot.

200 grain Hornady xtp over 9.2 grains of blue dot if I remember right, the load flattened primers.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Are you a cop?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't have a lot of good shots that I didn't work hard for.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:43:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Lucky for me would be "quick'.

Walking down a tree line, more like a boundry between fields.  Cotton tail waited until we passed then ran.  I reacted quickly and fired.  Knocked him dead.
It was instinctual, very quick, and i was familiar with the gun.

But still- lucky fucking shot!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top