BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
  Does anyone remember the acog deals from Amazon over the holidays? Those weren't fake deals...however all the $.01 deals were canceled as they were obvious mistakes. I have a feeling Eotechs have a huge profit margin when sold at their retail price. This model is also missing the qd mount.

trying to rationalize the low price
View Quote

I got a few of those Amazon ACOG deals, Amazon was definitely losing money on some of those sales, especially the big ACOG/RMR combo. I'm sure someone here would be able to say whether $281 for the XPS2 is below dealer cost, I am assuming it is, my instructor price for that model is $301. That model is not missing the QD mount, that is just the way XPS model are made, EXPS models have the QD. I'm guessing this will not end well, not sure how big of a company USCav is, but I bet they don't want to take a loss on hundreds of orders.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Did they charge or authorize? I got an authorization notice on my phone within seconds, that's not the same as a charge.

I don't really expect to get it, but if I do, great I guess. Not sure if I'll keep it or sell it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with them, and was told a few things (take it with a grain of salt):

They had a bunch of orders, there is a large back order quantity, they're in the process of getting more from manufacturer tomorrow, they will honor the prices of the orders placed. As always, YMMV.
which means i might get it shipped to me sometime between this monday to five years from now

...aaaaaaaand they already charged me. earlier in the thread someone said they don't charge until they ship.
So on one hand, things may be looking good for me,
on the other no so much

Did they charge or authorize? I got an authorization notice on my phone within seconds, that's not the same as a charge.

I don't really expect to get it, but if I do, great I guess. Not sure if I'll keep it or sell it.

It shows a charge on my Amex under pending. That means they charged me but since it's the weekend it won't go though tell Monday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I fo'ed. Been wanting to try one of these.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It shows a charge on my Amex under pending. That means they charged me but since it's the weekend it won't go though tell Monday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with them, and was told a few things (take it with a grain of salt):

They had a bunch of orders, there is a large back order quantity, they're in the process of getting more from manufacturer tomorrow, they will honor the prices of the orders placed. As always, YMMV.
which means i might get it shipped to me sometime between this monday to five years from now

...aaaaaaaand they already charged me. earlier in the thread someone said they don't charge until they ship.
So on one hand, things may be looking good for me,
on the other no so much

Pending is pending, which is how a hold works. Your bank immediately holds the funds to give to the company when they are requested. It's a charge when it posts and is no longer under pending.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Just tried coupon and only brought my price to $442
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
XPS 2.0 $300 shipped Fedex 2day.  In on this train wreck.

*ETA - and it just went away?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
XPS 2.0 $300 shipped Fedex 2day.  In on this train wreck.    

*ETA - and it just went away?
View Quote

Looks like they pulled some stuff from their website
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#8]
any updates! was it just a mistake?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That place legit?
View Quote

Are you serious? They've been around long before the heyday of the Internet. They use to be a big presence at the old Solider of Fortune conventions in Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#11]
On Monday this thread will be like

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are you serious? They've been around long before the heyday of the Internet. They use to be a big presence at the old Solider of Fortune conventions in Vegas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That place legit?

Very serious given the reports on them from a google search.  I made two orders regardless.  They cc company can deal with them if they get fuckery
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
IN!

For whatever the outcome is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My receipt and email conformation says Chattanooga, TN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There store at Ft Knox closed some time ago.  It was mentioned in the KY hometown section.

Sucks for me $35 in tax and $9.10 shipping.......

That spells No Go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That spells No Go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There store at Ft Knox closed some time ago.  It was mentioned in the KY hometown section.

That spells No Go.

I live in TN and still got one .... A new XPS2-0 for $316 shipped is still a "deal"
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Code doesn't take it to stated price.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Deal is over they pulled it ....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I ended up with a 2.2 for under $300.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lasted about 14 hrs more than I expected.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I disagree. Only 27 reviews? You do realize that is a fraction of their customer base right? Only the small portion of butthurt people will go through the trouble to complain, the vast majority with pleasant, normal experiences will not post a review.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
0.67 / 100 on Reseller Ratings

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/U_S_Cavalry
Almost fent, till I saw that. If its too good to be true and all...

+ 1 moar, have not read the whole thread but resellerratings is a solid indication of what to expect.

I disagree. Only 27 reviews? You do realize that is a fraction of their customer base right? Only the small portion of butthurt people will go through the trouble to complain, the vast majority with pleasant, normal experiences will not post a review.

I agree. Take all negatives with a grain of salt. Those 27 bad reviews spanned 6 years, they prob did 20,000+ transactions in that time frame. Satisfied people don't go through the trouble of leaving reviews on third party sites...you dang well believe people with bad experiences will 100% of the time. That being said I am 99.999999% sure we aren't getting these Eotechs (or many of the other items ordered).
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That spells No Go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That spells No Go.

It seems it's a property/security/logistics management company from the looks of their business profile. At least the parent company is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
USCavalry commented on MRGUNSNGEAR's facebook 45 minutes ago

Hey everybody, we agree that this was the most incredible deal in our clearance sale and we were happy to share it. We apologize for dashing your excitement but when so many people jumped on the deal it jammed our site and the inventory count froze. If you bought this item and your order gets canceled, simply send us a message on Facebook, or email [email protected] and we will honor this weekend's 25% discount on your next purchase through May 31st.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hey everybody, we agree that this was the most incredible deal in our clearance sale and we were happy to share it. We apologize for dashing your excitement but when so many people jumped on the deal it jammed our site and the inventory count froze. If you bought this item and your order gets canceled, simply send us a message on Facebook, or email [email protected] and we will honor this weekend's 25% discount on your next purchase through May 31st.

A reasonable response. I wonder how many made it in?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, get fucked
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol, get fucked
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, get fucked

They didn't sound like jerks....it is what it is. Only question is will they hold money or drag out cancellations.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet had 10 or less of the EOTechs in stock, the butthurt will be strong, the coupon won't do much for people if they don't restock the EOTechs before 5/31 at the sale price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I bet had 10 or less of the EOTechs in stock, the butthurt will be strong, the coupon won't do much for people if they don't restock the EOTechs before 5/31 at the sale price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#28]
lmfao, you can tell who's new to the game or very young - they're asking if USCav is legit.

They're been around a looooooooooooooong time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#29]
all they have to do is sell 1.  Cancel the rest...done deal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which item are the talking about?

The 2 dot EoTech for $220
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
lmfao, you can tell who's new to the game or very young - they're asking if USCav is legit.

View Quote

Its not the same company.  Its changed hands a few times, and filed for bankruptcy at least once.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if I'll get it? If not, well, it was worth a try.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, they're talking about the one for $220. but i wouldnt be surprised about them doing the same with the Pmags.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

yes, they're talking about the one for $220. but i wouldnt be surprised about them doing the same with the Pmags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I also bought 2x Eotech XPS2-0.  for $285 each. I wonder how many of those they sold.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#35]
this is what I ordered yesterday evening
338171EOTech XPS3 NV Compatible Sight
2 MOA Dot w/65 MOA Ring
In Process$294.88
228.56 after the discount code
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I was a kid my dad usually had one of their catalogs next to the shitter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Well at this point I just hope I get my $25 Surefire lights and $60 Leatherman MUT
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats like saying modern day herters and the old herters are the same. Surely someone who has been in the game so long is familiar with how popular taking an old brand's name is.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yea, I also bought 2x Eotech XPS2-0.  for $285 each. I wonder how many of those they sold.
View Quote

Probably all of them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well at this point I just hope I get my $25 Surefire lights and $60 Leatherman MUT
View Quote

Same here, minus the Leatherman.  I was very tempted to buy Eotechs I can't afford and can alway use 7 dollar pmags, but I need to save for another SBR  and supressors are about to become legal here in MN, Damn I HATE seeing killer deals right now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Probably all of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably all of them.

is this going to turn into another amazon acog thread?

"...... Day 87... Still no word on my ACOG yet...... another member said he was from California, he said they were shipping out there........ I long for my ACOG...... I have my rifle all ready to go for it....."

.....I was a member of that never ending thread too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought it as an excuse to start a new rifle.  Damn good of them to offer than coupon instead of just a one sentence apology.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

mrgunsngear said it is. I think he is on here as plouffedaddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is this site GTG?

mrgunsngear said it is. I think he is on here as plouffedaddy.

Used to buy from USCAV all the time. All my orders were processed and shipped fast.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"...... Day 87... Still no word on my ACOG yet...... another member said he was from California, he said they were shipping out there........ I long for my ACOG...... I have my rifle all ready to go for it....."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably all of them.

If they make me wait 4 months for an  eotech I would be fine with it because this one worked out just fine as well

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't order an eotech but I hope my order for a suunto x-lander goes through.  Can't beat $139 shipped and I need something to replace my 8 year old vector.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
My order ends in 7989 and fully expect not to receive mine. Don't really mind, didn't need it, but it's still mind-boggling that a big online retailer doesn't have real time inventory tracking. I don't buy the "you crashed our website" excuse.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#48]
I totally regret ever selling my TA31F-RMR. At the time needed the cash. Now a year or two later I am stuck with a shitty Burris 1-4x.

If I can ever find one for sub $1200 again I will be a happy man.

Quoted:

If they make me wait 4 months for an  eotech I would be fine with it because this one worked out just fine as well
<a href="http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/gman82001/media/2015-03/3C764CD6-4010-4228-ACDF-16DD16E61D04.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/gman82001/2015-03/3C764CD6-4010-4228-ACDF-16DD16E61D04.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably all of them.

<a href="http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/gman82001/media/2015-03/3C764CD6-4010-4228-ACDF-16DD16E61D04.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/gman82001/2015-03/3C764CD6-4010-4228-ACDF-16DD16E61D04.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I totally regret ever selling my TA31F-RMR. At the time needed the cash. Now a year or two later I am stuck with a shitty Burris 1-4x.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably all of them.

$689 and I emailed Amazon because I didn't get a lens pen and asked if they could send me one.... They sent an email back saying they couldn't but could take an extra 30% off or I could send it back for a full refund lol
My acog rmr was just over $400 total
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone recieve a cancellation email yet?  

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top