Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 6:48:35 PM EDT
This will make it easier for them to get your stolen guns back to you.

Also, make sure you always carry a receipt for your gun with you when you have it on you.  You have to be able to prove you own it when you willingly tell the cops you have a gun with you.  

Why would you tell a cop you have a gun?  For their safety of course.  They won't harass you.

This was the advice the guy at the gun counter at Big 5 on Eastern in Henderson just told me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That's real retarded sir.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you jot down some SNs or take pictures of everything and keep it all someplace safe instead?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Clark County

lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you tell him that was bad advice?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Also, make sure you always carry a receipt for your gun with you when you have it on you.  You have to be able to prove you own it when you willingly tell the cops you have a gun with you.  

Why would you tell a cop you have a gun?  For their safety of course.  They won't harass you.

This was the advice the guy at the gun counter at Big 5 on Eastern in Henderson just told me.
View Quote

I was going to say to with all due respect FU, cause that is some bullshit advice. People just dont surprise me anymore.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Having contacted owners to tell them that I have their guns and was curious why, yes I have returned guns to owners. In fact, I have found guns before the people even knew they were victimized.

This works in any place that has registration.

That is the only plus to the idea of registering them besides finding out whether or not the used gun you bought is stolen. Other than that, the idea is pretty worthless and just a strong step to heavy regulation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you jot down some SNs or take pictures of everything and keep it all someplace safe instead?  
View Quote

No, the guy told me you should always carry the receipt with you, and are required to if it's a handgun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Henderson PD is beyond reproach. Hell, they haven't curb-stomped a guy having seizure for at least two years!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No, the guy told me you should always carry the receipt with you, and are required to if it's a handgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holy shit...

Was he selling beef jerky?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

After he asked me what I had to hide, I said, "We'll just have to agree to disagree."
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Epic fuckery.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#12]
No more Florida?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I just save my recipts. I have every guns serial number, make, model, and caliber written down in a note book.

My duty is done after the 4473 is filled out, the gun shop is paid, and the gun is in the truck. Registration can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I also carry the receipt for my underwear. In case they can't match the skid marks with a quick DNA test, I get to keep my skivvies.
You are going to be a commando jerk in jail if you don't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

After he asked me what I had to hide, I said, "We'll just have to agree to disagree."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it about the gun counter that causes people to go gull retard?

I don't get it. Some of the dumbest and most uninformed shit I have ever heard has been at a gun shop. Don't even get me started on the gun shows. Holy fuck..
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#16]
If you are living in Clark County you are required to register you handguns. There is legislation to do away with it, hopefully it passes. You chose poorly by moving there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I ask people if they know the difference between secret and private.  Secret means hiding something, private means it's none of their fucking business.

I'm a fairly private person.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife got pulled over in NV on the interstate about 2 years ago passing through on a work trip with a gun in her car. Officer notices a box of ammo and asks if she has a gun in the vehicle. She responds yes that it is behind the back seat in a case.

Long story short, he wanted to know how he could tell that that was her gun and belonged to her and not somebody else. Called for backup and and ran the serial number and nothing came back. She told him that it was her husbands gun so it was not registered to her. He did not want to give it back to her not being able to "verify" it was hers. Told her it was a felony to have a gun that is not registered to you, etc etc.

In the end he put it in the back seat in a bag  and told her not to touch it until she had left NV.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]
lol, NO

YOURE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Medic, I thought you were in FL. Did you abandon ship for NV?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My wife got pulled over in NV on the interstate about 2 years ago passing through on a work trip with a gun in her car. Officer notices a box of ammo and asks if she has a gun in the vehicle. She responds yes that it is behind the back seat in a case.

Long story short, he wanted to know how he could tell that that was her gun and belonged to her and not somebody else. Called for backup and and ran the serial number and nothing came back. She told him that it was her husbands gun so it was not registered to her. He did not want to give it back to her not being able to "verify" it was hers. Told her it was a felony to have a gun that is not registered to you, etc etc.

In the end he put it in the back seat in a bag  and told her not to touch it until she had left NV.
View Quote

Cop was full of shit and probably detained her unlawfully since it is entirerly legal in NV to carry a loaded pistol in your car.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Cue the Richard tip  gander mountain
. YouTube him if you haven't seen it a million times now
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

And to go fuck himself?  Repeatedly?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, since the registration in Clark County has never been of use in getting a stolen handgun returned, and since the bills that will do away with it are likely to pass...my answer is no.

Also, to the second bit of derp they told you, no.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At one time it was a good idea in New Orleans. Cops were taking handguns people didn't have a bill of sale for.

Primarily tourists from out of state.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#27]

He told me if you don't have a receipt that they will send the serial number in to have it check against the database from background checks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#28]
lol

hopefully that retarded waste of money infringement blue card program gets the axe this year. I don't think I've ever met anyone who keeps a receipt for their gun with them.

I hope you at least informed this tard that there is no legal obligation to prove that you own your firearm either.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No more Florida?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
lol

hopefully that retarded waste of money infringement blue card program gets the axe this year. I don't think I've ever met anyone who keeps a receipt for their gun with them.

I hope you at least informed this tard that there is no legal obligation to prove that you own your firearm either.
View Quote

He told me you have to for officer safety, but it's not required by law.  It was like the police department hired him for that counter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Cop was full of shit and probably detained her unlawfully since it is entirerly legal in NV to carry a loaded pistol in your car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the Cop was F.O.S. and I know that she could have the gun in her vehicle. Cop also said that she could not have a gun in the car without a CCW loaded or not. If he really thought that he could arrest her for all those "Felonies" why would he let her keep driving down the highway?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#32]
All the great gun stores in Las Vegas and you choose to hang out at a Big 5?!?!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was next to the Indian restaurant I was eating at.  I had to check out their selection since I've never been in one before.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I can see where a "Bill of Sale" would come in handy for certain situations.    Had a customer last week complaining the police confiscated his firearm because the ser # came back as stolen.   Don't remember the history of how the guy obtained the firearm in the first place.

The only way it would help with "pre" registration is for someone who chooses NOT to report a stolen firearm.    Or as mentioned doesn't know it's stolen yet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you are living in Clark County you are required to register you handguns. There is legislation to do away with it, hopefully it passes. You chose poorly by moving there.
View Quote

Butbutbut, I thought Navada was the heaven on earth for gun ownership?????  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Only Clark county. Carrying the blue card is not required. We're fighting to get the whole thing removed, but we have Dirty Harry and corrupt sheriff's

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rural counties are generally great for gun owners, that's why I live in one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No more Florida?

I'll be back on Monday.  I try to hit Vegas once or twice a year.  I'm too Conservative to live here year round.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clark County has mandatory handgun registration IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Having contacted owners to tell them that I have their guns and was curious why, yes I have returned guns to owners. In fact, I have found guns before the people even knew they were victimized.

This works in any place that has registration.

That is the only plus to the idea of registering them besides finding out whether or not the used gun you bought is stolen. Other than that, the idea is pretty worthless and just a strong step to heavy regulation confiscation.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have googled a pic of Joseph Goebbels for him to see.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It was next to the Indian restaurant I was eating at.  I had to check out their selection since I've never been in one before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the owner of this restaurant.

http://www.samosafactory.com/About_Us.html

BTW, he is VERY pro-gun!  If you are in the mood for indian food in Las Vegas again, please go support his business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Henderson PD is beyond reproach. Hell, they haven't curb-stomped a guy having seizure for at least two years!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No more Florida?

;
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#46]
if anyone is interested here is the current standing of the bill that will repeal the blue card scheme

SB175
Makes various changes relating to public safety.
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 13th. Passed the Senate floor on March 23rd with 14 Yeas and 5 Nays.  It was heard on April 23rd in Assembly Judiciary.

I fully expect it to become law as the assembly is also pro 2a and our rino governor will sign off on it
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#47]
you should record the serial numbers of the dollar bills in your wallet in case it gets stolen or lost and the money can be returned to you as well
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#48]
In their fucking dreams.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Being a good citizen, I have tried to keep receipts from my gun purchases.  (At least those that came from gunshops, private sales are another matter).

Back in the day, they were printed on cheap acid paper.  They have basically fallen apart, like much that first Superman comic book that all of the collectors want.

Whatever happened to, "possession is 9/10ths of the law".)

I guess I shouldn't complain that I outlived cheap pieces of paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top