User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Jesus, how do you get anything outside of work done?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5am - 5pm, 7 days a week. Anywhere from a few days off to a week and a half off a month depending on what's happening at work.

Jesus, how do you get anything outside of work done?

I usually don't. I mean I don't have a lot of things on my plate to take care of, no kid, no family... no girlfriend... no life... On the positive side I did make a HUGE dent in my auto loan, I went from owing $12k last June to just over $2k now (most of this was all last fall before the energy industry shitted out)  while still buying firearms that I wanted and putting money in the bank.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I work at a gold mine in northern NV. We work whats called a super 7 schdule, off 14days out of the month with one solid 7day off a month.
3:30 - 4:00
Work 3 nights, off 3, work 4 days, off 7, work 4 nights, off 3, work 3 days, off 1, work 3 nights
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
6-6 Sunday to Tuesday every other Wednesday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
As quite a few others here have mentioned, We both work the Pitman schedule.  I went back to working 8's after working the Pitman for a while, and absolutely hated it.  I was glad when my new place decided to go to the Pitman.  I absolutely despise 8hr shifts now.  I work 1800-0600, she works 1900-0700.

Work- Mon,Tue
Off- Wed, Thur,
Work- Fri, Sat, Sun
Off- Mon,Tue
Work- Wed, Thur
Off- Fri, Sat, Sun
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
current schedule
days,afternoons then midnights, rotate every 2 weeks 9 hour shifts with weekends off. and overtime if you want to work it.

have worked

7on/2off  7/2 7/3 rotating every week works out to having one full week off a month but also means that one paycheck is bigger than the other due to OT. 12 hour shifts

7/6/5/5: 7 on one off,6 on one off, 5 on 2 off then 5 on and one off rotating back to the 7, days off were either Sunday,Saturday or both 2 week rotation. 12 hour shifts.

coalmining...

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly.  We end up with 17 extra days off a year over a 5-2 schedule (at least that's what I've been told, I've never charted it out).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
11p-7a, 4 days on, 2 days off.

That's only 6 days. What's the 7th?

Exactly.  We end up with 17 extra days off a year over a 5-2 schedule (at least that's what I've been told, I've never charted it out).

Ok I got it now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
7:30am-6:30pm Wed-Sat.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top