User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Walther PPQ M2

Browning Hi Power, but reset is vague.

M&P, put in apex parts if trigger not good enough.

9mm 1911
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BHP is slim, shoots nicely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got hands like a twelve year old girl, the CZ75 fits like a glove.  I hear the BHP grip is similar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I've handled the Beratta 92, Some Sig Options, CZ .etc

It seems only the polymer frame pistols give me a good grip and trigger finger placement.

I like the M&P9, but prefer a better trigger.

Was thinking of removing the magazine disconnect from a Browning Hi-Power, though I've not had a chance to handle one, this idea is simply based on legacy and recommendations.

Would love an STI 2011 9mm, but likely out of my price range right now.

Prefer something with a picatinny bottom rail.

What else should I consider.  
View Quote

Apex.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It's hard to beat a Browning Hi Power.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It seems only the polymer frame pistols give me a good grip and trigger finger placement.

Was thinking of removing the magazine disconnect from a Browning Hi-Power, though I've not had a chance to handle one, this idea is simply based on legacy and recommendations.

View Quote

OP, I have smaller hands too and have found hand gunning nirvana with an M&P with an aftermarket trigger... There are two options on the market,  APEX and ATEI. All of my M&P's have ATEI trigger in them and I find them better* than the APEX drop-in as they are tuned to the gun. ATEI's triggers are between 3 and 4 lbs depending n your needs and have a short travel, crisp break, and a crisp clean reset that you can hear and feel. Nothing like a stock trigger at all. ATEI also will do take up reductions as well.

IMO, a stock M&P with a trigger job, night sights, and a stippling job is about as better than any commercially available handgun on the market. the only thing to improve at that point would be cocking serrations and slide lightening to reduce felt recoil. Mine feels like shooting a .22 with 115 gr loaded to the same velocity as WWB.

*the owner of ATEI is a personal friend of mine. APEX makes a nice sear, ATEI's is noticeably better. I always disclose this when talking about ATEI's work because some people here know we are cozy and I don't want to give an appearance of impropriety. If Chris Costa thought the ATEI trigger was good enough for his signature M&P line of custom guns.... They are GOOD.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
M&P with Apex trigger.
Yep

+3.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you shot an M & P Pro series?
I've never noticed the trigger being an issue on mine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have smallish hands too.  Here are my observations through the years

1911 - best trigger possible on a handgun and its thin to begin with.. get some thin grips and it's even better.

HK P30 - It really doesn't get any better than this, you can adjust anything about the grip size that you want. Comfy as hell. Trigger sucks

Walther PPQ - See P30, not quite as adjustable, but feels just as good, and unlike the P30, best in class trigger.  My universal pick for new shooters.

Any Sig with the E2 grips. - These are damn near perfect for me, YMMV.  If you like DA/SA go with this otherwise, PPQ.

CZ-75B with VZ grips - Almost as good as Sig but DA triggers are harder to deal with due to the longer reach required, on my single action model, it's not a problem, so there's that route.

Glock 17/19 - Seriously, try one, amazingly comfortable pistol to hold and shoot for those with small hands.  DO at least try the Kool-aid.

Your pick of the M&P is also good, just get an APEX kit if you don't like the trigger.  

And to those recommending a BHP... don't do that to a new shooter, it's just mean.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
M&P with Apex trigger.
View Quote

I'm a glock guy but I have an m&p and it beats glock to crap with ergos and carries smaller too.

Trigger is its only weakness.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have small hands and lots of experience with 9mm pistols.

I love the Hi-Power and I own several. If you like cocked and locked carry, it's a great choice.

I can recommend two striker-fired pistols: the HK VP9 feels great and has an excellent trigger, and the P320 with the small grip module feels much like a  Hi-Power; I think it's just about perfect.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Sig p228. .
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm a tiny girl and my favorite is my G19.

IHMO, "hand fit" is BS. All that matters is how you shoot it. My glock doesn't "fit" it just shoots good. I even have to shift my grip to reach the mag release, but it's worth it. If I lived closer to people with M&P 9s, though, I'd switch just to be more able to share mags.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I have small hands, and I got my Beretta M9A1 to work by installing a wilson short-reach trigger and VZ golfball grips. But I was already invested in the Beretta.

I'd recommend the CZ, it works amazingly well for small hands. The BHP is essentially the same but with a better trigger and worse capacity.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The CZ P-09 has a pretty small replacement backstrap that comes with it. 20 rounds of 9mm as well.    

ETA: the little girl I took shooting last week loved it and said it fit her hands perfectly, if that helps any. She's 14.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I have very small hands.  Even the gen 3 G19 is almost too big for my short trigger reach.  Most 1911's don't work either.  Here is what I have found that works:

Gen 4 Glock 19 without a backstrap

H&K P30

S&W M&P 9

CZ SP-01 with thumb safety (can be carried cocked and locked)

CZ P-01 (although the initial DA trigger pull is somewhat more difficult with short fingers; you would have to decide if it was ok for you)
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I have small hands and CZs seem to fit the bill. Or Glocks
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock 19

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Do people not know that a G19 is a compact pistol and not a full size pistol?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#20]
For those assuming the G19 is a full size hand gun.... you guys are ignorant tard hards. I like your spirit but the G19 is NOT a fullsize hand gun

In the spirit of pro-active development towards my GD brothers and sisters, let me leave this piece of knowledge with you:

Glock 17
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Gen4 17 since you have already tried the Beretta.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Sig 2022 vote here. 350.00 with holster and comes with 2 grips. Small and medium I believe. Spend the rest on mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I have small hands. The most comfortable in my collection are a P226 with the SRT. VP9, and CZ75B.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm in that same boat.

I resorted to an HK USP compact
An HK VP9 will also work with the small grip inserts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glock 19
View Quote

Good pistol.....but OP specifically asked for full size.  Technically, this isn't a full size.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Either HK VP9 or P30.  You can change side panels and the back strap on the grips.  The VP9 has the better trigger of the two since it is a striker fired compared to a DA/SA.
View Quote

Good options.

You could also do. DAO LEM V3 trigger. That's what I have on my P30. Same pull every time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#28]
By all means go to a range and shoot before you buy.   BHP is still one of the nicest pistols Ive shot.  Just felt natural.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good pistol.....but OP specifically asked for full size.  Technically, this isn't a full size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock 19

So G17.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top