Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/25/2015 12:07:41 AM EDT
Since there is a law in Ca that all new guns are illegal to purchase due to needing a fireing pin micro stamp (technology that does not exist), local LEO's and out of state people moving to CA are taking advantage of the general public as they can buy guns the general public are no longer able to purchase and sell them at scalped prices! Love how their local law enforcement are leading such a great example to the local sheeples!

Link
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
What does it cost in America?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
And CAL DOJ has prosecuted cops for dealing without a license for doing exactly that.

The legislature passed a law saying cops could only sell used off roster guns to other cops. Brown vetoed it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does it cost in America?
View Quote

About tree fiddy.

Its not worth the risk.

If a cop wants to do this he has to go to the store and buy the gun $359, Dros $30ish, and tax. Go back to the store in ten days to pick it up. List it online and deal with the tire kickers. Go to another gun store to transfer it. so after a months work he makes what, $1000.00 profit? Assuming they really move at that price. While risking getting fired and criminally prosecuted.

Seems to me it would be easier to work a long overtime shift on one of his weekened days for the same amount of money.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I love when capitalism can only be exercised by our men and women in blue
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love when capitalism can only be exercised by our men and women in blue
View Quote

Another loophole is gifting from out of state. so feel free to step up and help out your friends in California.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#7]
The cop is a dumb ass.
The bigger dumb ass will be the person that buys it for that much.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Risk a career. No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Selling a gun for profit without an ffl???

ATF is going to love them tenderly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Since there is a law in Ca that all new guns are illegal to purchase due to needing a fireing pin micro stamp (technology that does not exist), local LEO's are taking advantage of the general public as they can buy guns the general public are no longer able to purchase and sell them at scalped prices! Love their local law enforcement leading such a great example to the local sheeples!

Link
View Quote

I went to the link and saw nothing implying it was being sold by an LEO.
How did you come to this conclusion and that multiple LEOs are doing it?
Just curious.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just curious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since there is a law in Ca that all new guns are illegal to purchase due to needing a fireing pin micro stamp (technology that does not exist), local LEO's are taking advantage of the general public as they can buy guns the general public are no longer able to purchase and sell them at scalped prices! Love their local law enforcement leading such a great example to the local sheeples!

Link

Just curious.

There are only two legal ways in at this point.

1) Someone moves here with it, then sells it.
2) Local LEO buys one, then sells it.

Occam's Razor.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Just curious.

Lucky guess.

I think he means it must be because they aren't allowed to be sold there but either way something's fucky.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#13]
So pretty much the OP has no idea who is selling this.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:27:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So pretty much the OP has no idea who is selling this.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/
View Quote

Correct. But he has made a decent guess.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#15]
California's legislature secures police support by exempting them from all the laws the rest of us have to follow. They can have standard capacity magazines and they can buy any off roster gun they want. It's good to have that badge! To hell with the rest of us peasants.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Not approved for sale in CA.  As stated above there are only a couple of ways to get these in state legally.  And last year there was pretty big deal about the LEO resale thing here in CA. I mean really big.  So yeah, it COULD be all of the people moving into CA bringing guns with them to sell but it's a known fact that cops have been doing this for years.  

From the CA DOJ website:

No Generation 4 Glock handguns have been approved as of:  Friday, April 24, 2015

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:37:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Wow, what a fucking mess.  I honestly do not know how you folks put up with that BS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:38:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow, what a fucking mess.  I honestly do not know how you folks put up with that BS.
View Quote

We have nice weather.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So pretty much the OP has no idea who is selling this.[url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/

No, the OP stated in the thread title "LEO capitalism" he also made the statement. "Local LEO's are" and "Love their local law enforcement leading" sounds to me like his statement is clear.

An LEO would have to be retard to chance his job over a $1000 profit. Not saying it's not an LEO but unless the OP has some other info then he is making up shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, the OP stated in the thread title "LEO capitalism" he also made the statement. "Local LEO's are" and "Love their local law enforcement leading" sounds to me like his statement is clear.

An LEO would have to be retard to chance his job over a $1000 profit. Not saying it's not an LEO but unless the OP has some other info then he is making up shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So pretty much the OP has no idea who is selling this.[url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_freak.gif[/

Sorry -----> was supposed to signify that I didn't believe OP and thought it was a weird assumption to make. I guess that WAS a stretch for me to think I could get my point across with a single smiley though.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:49:26 AM EDT
[#21]
The guy is a fucking idiot! As of June of last year he wasn't an Officer. However, I believe his wife is an Officer and he keeps this shit up he's going to get her fired.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:52:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love when capitalism can only be exercised by our men and women in blue anyone.
View Quote

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The guy is a fucking idiot! As of June of last year he wasn't an Officer. However, I believe his wife is an Officer and he keeps this shit up he's going to get her fired.
View Quote

Quick question. If his wife gifted it to him are they breaking any Cali. laws?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Christ, that's all fucked up.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:56:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but if she keeps gifting them to him and he keeps selling them, then they're in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:56:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Selling a gun for profit without an ffl???

ATF is going to love them tenderly.
View Quote

As long as you don't make a business of it, there is nothing wrong with not losing money on the sale of a gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Man, that must be some crazy shit with California cops holding guns to peoples' heads, making them buy G43's at inflated prices.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No but if she keeps gifting them to him and he keeps selling them, then they're in trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I understand that.

Pretty much the OP is full of shit and is lying.
Couple of years back I sold a bunch of lowers, some rifles and a few pistols to find another rifle. I didn't break any laws in doing so.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:02:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes. I understand that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I understand that.

How is he lying?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:03:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Man, that must be some crazy shit with California cops holding guns to peoples' heads, making them buy G43's at inflated prices.
View Quote

I don't see the fascination with the G43.
Just because Glock does something everyone else has been doing for a long time now, people go bananas.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How is he lying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I understand that.

How is he lying?

Is the seller LEO or not?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Read the sellers previous posts and you will see he's not a cop. In one post he states he works for an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

TBH, I don't know; he could be. In June 2014 he was looking for a Department to join. He may have gotten hired by one, not sure.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:08:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Just because Glock does something everyone else has been doing for a long time now, people go bananas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm sure it doesn't help with California cops making people profess their love for the G43 at gunpoint.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

TBH, I don't know; he could be. In June 2014 he was looking for a Department to join. He may have gotten hired by one, not sure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP made a statement, words mean things. I asked if his statement was true. If it's not true then it would be a lie.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

OP made a statement, words mean things. I asked if his statement was true. If it's not true then it would be a lie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, why do I feel like we already had this discussion. I agree, words mean things.

By the way, I may be incorrect about his wife being an LEO. I took this as he was referring to himself, he might not be.

Originally Posted by fullautoUSMC View Post
I very well could be jumping to conclusions, which is why Im throwing it out here to see if I'm just pissing myself off. But I'm just trying to think of it as, if I knew that the gun was going to go straight to her days after the transaction, to be USED AS HER DUTY WEAPON for her department (not just a gun listed on a CCW) at the time of the purchase, would I have continued processing the transaction? I answer myself no.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:22:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Another way to look at it is if CA state didn't have stupid laws then stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.  

For the record if he is LE then it's bullshit and against the program rules for Glocks blue label program.  If they find out you are doing that stuff you supposedly can get black listed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Another way to look at it is if your state didn't have stupid laws then stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.  

For the record if he is LE then it's bullshit and against the program rules for Glocks blue label program.  If they find out you are doing that stuff you supposedly can get black listed.
View Quote

OP isn't from CA (well according to his user profile)
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Current thread over on Calguns. Will probably be featured on the news soon.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1064785
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#40]
so if saliant arms modified a ca glock 43, would it cost $8k and hold 7-rounds?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another way to look at it is if your state didn't have stupid laws then stupid shit like this wouldn't happen.  

Corrected.  Misread that part
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:01:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not approved for sale in CA.  As stated above there are only a couple of ways to get these in state legally.  And last year there was pretty big deal about the LEO resale thing here in CA. I mean really big.  So yeah, it COULD be all of the people moving into CA bringing guns with them to sell but it's a known fact that cops have been doing this for years.  

From the CA DOJ website:

No Generation 4 Glock handguns have been approved as of:  Friday, April 24, 2015

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the CA DOJ website:

That's why I bought one the week before I moved here last year. Brought it here legally. G27 though, not 43.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Calguns sure hates the cops and capitalism.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's why I bought one the week before I moved here last year. Brought it here legally. G27 though, not 43.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the CA DOJ website:

Stupid BS unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the CA DOJ website:

Kommiefornia at its best.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

California's legislature secures police support by exempting them from all the laws the rest of us have to follow. They can have standard capacity magazines and they can buy any off roster gun they want. It's good to have that badge! To hell with the rest of us peasants.
View Quote
Expect when I was looking into moving to Cali as a cop I was told by CA DOJ I can't bring my guns and mags. The exemption only applies to duty related purchases and I can't keep it if I retire.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Just curious.

Hi.

I run a GunStore in CA.  You would not believe the shit Cops try and get away with when it comes to buying/selling/etc of firearms.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because Glock actually works... any recall yet on a Glock?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:43:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Expect when I was looking into moving to Cali as a cop I was told by CA DOJ I can't bring my guns and mags. The exemption only applies to duty related purchases and I can't keep it if I retire.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were wrong. LEO is exempt from the Roster.

Edit to Clarify: I am commenting on pistols, not Assault/Registered assault weapons.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top