Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 asks how do you get a one armed Pole out of a tree?

Wave at him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to a Polish Catholic high school in the Detroit area. Note: I am not Polish. Polack jokes were normal. Even the nuns cracked Polack jokes. The one I remember:

Why couldn't the Poles make Kool-Aid? They couldn't figure out how to get water into the little packet.

When using a protractor in geometry class, our teacher (100% Polish) told us to not use it the Polack way - aka turning the paper instead of turning the protractor.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Serious question:

How did Polish people get the reputation for being stupid?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The food is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I've spent quite a bit of time in Poland. They don't mind for the most part,manf have some good jokes themselves.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
So hammermill and ar-jedi are out walking in the pasture.  

Hammermill is admiring ar-jedi’s sheep.  He notices one of them is stuck in a fence, and expresses concern to ar-jedi over the struggling creature.  

Ar-jedi responds that it is no problem, that it happens all the time, and he has a proven method to deal with it.  Much to hammermills surprise, ar-jedi walks over and fucks the living hell out of that sheep while it is caught in the fence.

Ar-jedi saunters back over to his friend hammermill and remarks that it was quite refreshing, and that hammermill should try it.

So hammermill decides to give it a shot.  He walks over to the fence, bends over, sticks his head through and says “baaa baaaaa”

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Because they aren't whiny little bitches?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Same way Texans did!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:

Same way Texans did!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hammermill is admiring ar-jedi’s sheep.  He notices one of them is stuck in a fence, and expresses concern to ar-jedi over the struggling creature.  

Ar-jedi responds that it is no problem, that it happens all the time, and he has a proven method to deal with it.  Much to hammermills surprise, ar-jedi walks over and fucks the living hell out of that sheep while it is caught in the fence.

Ar-jedi saunters back over to his friend hammermill and remarks that it was quite refreshing, and that hammermill should try it.

So hammermill decides to give it a shot.  He walks over to the fence, bends over, sticks his head through and says “baaa baaaaa”

View Quote

OMG.....
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This.  

I have NEVER been offended by the jokes, and really don't care if others are offended when I tell jokes about them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we don't care and the jokes are funny.

This.  

I have NEVER been offended by the jokes, and really don't care if others are offended when I tell jokes about them.  

This
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OMG.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So hammermill decides to give it a shot.  He walks over to the fence, bends over, sticks his head through and says "baaa baaaaa”

OMG.....

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
How did the East Germans invade Poland?

They walked in backwards and said they were leaving.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How can you tell the bride in a Polish wedding?

She's wearing the clean bowling shirt.
View Quote

No....she's the one with the braided armpits...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#14]
First to say IBTL?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I wish Poland was on our southern border.

I grew up with a kid whose father was a Polish immigrant whose parents had to flee communism. He was probably the smartest guy I ever knew. He cashed in on it too--he was a master machinist with his own business who made good $.

Polish jokes are dumb and people who make them should feel dumb.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hammermill is admiring ar-jedi’s sheep.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hammermill is admiring ar-jedi’s sheep.  

ps
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_stability_criterion

In control theory and stability theory, the Nyquist stability criterion, discovered by Swedish-American electrical engineer Harry Nyquist at Bell Telephone Laboratories in 1932,[1] is a graphical technique for determining the stability of a dynamical system. Because it only looks at the Nyquist plot of the open loop systems, it can be applied without explicitly computing the poles and zeros of either the closed-loop or open-loop system (although the number of each type of right-half-plane singularities must be known). As a result, it can be applied to systems defined by non-rational functions, such as systems with delays. In contrast to Bode plots, it can handle transfer functions with right half-plane singularities. In addition, there is a natural generalization to more complex systems with multiple inputs and multiple outputs, such as control systems for airplanes.

The Nyquist criterion is widely used in electronics and control system engineering, as well as other fields, for designing and analyzing systems with feedback. While Nyquist is one of the most general stability tests, it is still restricted to linear, time-invariant (LTI) systems. Non-linear systems must use more complex stability criteria, such as Lyapunov or the circle criterion. While Nyquist is a graphical technique, it only provides a limited amount of intuition for why a system is stable or unstable, or how to modify an unstable system to be stable. Techniques like Bode plots, while less general, are sometimes a more useful design tool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_stability_criterion#The_Nyquist_criterion

The Nyquist criterion

We first construct the Nyquist contour, a contour that encompasses the right-half of the complex plane:

a path traveling up the j\omega axis, from 0 - j\infty to 0 + j\infty.
   a semicircular arc, with radius r \to \infty, that starts at 0 + j\infty and travels clock-wise to 0 - j\infty.

The Nyquist contour mapped through the function 1+G(s) yields a plot of 1+G(s) in the complex plane. By the Argument Principle, the number of clock-wise encirclements of the origin must be the number of zeros of 1+G(s) in the right-half complex plane minus the poles of 1+G(s) in the right-half complex plane. If instead, the contour is mapped through the open-loop transfer function G(s), the result is the Nyquist Plot of G(s). By counting the resulting contour's encirclements of -1, we find the difference between the number of poles and zeros in the right-half complex plane of 1+G(s). Recalling that the zeros of 1+G(s) are the poles of the closed-loop system, and noting that the poles of 1+G(s) are same as the poles of G(s), we now state The Nyquist Criterion:

Given a Nyquist contour \Gamma_s, let P be the number of poles of G(s) encircled by \Gamma_s, and Z be the number of zeros of 1+G(s) encircled by \Gamma_s. Alternatively, and more importantly, Z is the number of poles of the closed loop system in the right half plane. The resultant contour in the G(s)-plane, \Gamma_{G(s)} shall encircle (clock-wise) the point (-1+j0) N times such that N = Z - P.

If the system is originally open-loop unstable, feedback is necessary to stabilize the system. Right-half-plane (RHP) poles represent that instability. For closed-loop stability of a system, the number of closed-loop roots in the right half of the s-plane must be zero. Hence, the number of counter-clockwise encirclements about -1+j0 must be equal to the number of open-loop poles in the RHP. Any clockwise encirclements of the critical point by the open-loop frequency response (when judged from low frequency to high frequency) would indicate that the feedback control system would be destabilizing if the loop were closed. (Using RHP zeros to "cancel out" RHP poles does not remove the instability, but rather ensures that the system will remain unstable even in the presence of feedback signal, since the closed-loop roots travel between open-loop poles and zeros in the presence of feedback. In fact, the RHP zero can make the unstable pole unobservable and therefore not stabilizable through feedback.)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nazi propaganda circulated Polish jokes before and during WWII.

Bigoted jokes are a simple way to dehumanize a people.

Same premise as the "Black" jokes that were prevalent in the time and region where I grew up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thank you Mr. Serious -

Now, as a person of Polish descent:

How do you get a Polak out of a tree?

Shoot him!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same premise as the "Black" jokes that were prevalent in the time and region where I grew up.

Thank you Mr. Serious -

Now, as a person of Polish descent:

How do you get a Polak out of a tree?

Shoot him!

Are you sure you aren't German or Russian?  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's what I came here to say. Except for the last part. That wasn't prevalent when I grew up.

I like to have not funny Polish jokes that are actually real:

Did you guy hear about the Polish female scientist? She discovered radioactivity and was the only person to earn two Nobel Prizes in separate sciences! Hhahahahaa

What about the Polish astronomer? He formulated the model of a heliocentric solar system. WHAT A DUMBASS! Hahahaha

Hey, did you hear about the Polish virologist? He's so stupid he cured polio!

So these three Polish mathematicians walk into a building in the 1930s... and the first one says to the other two, "Hey, I think we just deciphered the German enigma machine." Get it?

(Yes, my last name has a lot of odd letters in it )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I came here to say. Except for the last part. That wasn't prevalent when I grew up.

Did you guy hear about the Polish female scientist? She discovered radioactivity and was the only person to earn two Nobel Prizes in separate sciences! Hhahahahaa

What about the Polish astronomer? He formulated the model of a heliocentric solar system. WHAT A DUMBASS! Hahahaha

So these three Polish mathematicians walk into a building in the 1930s... and the first one says to the other two, "Hey, I think we just deciphered the German enigma machine." Get it?

It was the Welsh that stole all your vowels.    
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Best one I ever heard was told to me by a Polish guy at a dive bar in Nola at 4am....

How do you know you've had a Polish guy at your house party?

When you wake up your dog is pregnant and the garbage is missing.

View Quote

The best / worst Jewish jokes I have heard were from someone I will call Fishner, because that was his name.  He was one of our medics that took care of some warts I had on my fingers next to my nails which was painful.  (liquid N2)  He also kept a Kosher kitchen in his barracks room. (and got separate rations)  At the time, the rumor was that it was easier to get into Ranger school as a medic than as infantry.  Half the medics really wanted to be Rangers.  I am pretty sure he was one of them.  

My favorite factor that we have is in Poland.  Same quality as Schweinfurt, but less cost and attitude.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
. . . .

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think every country has their version or country of choice to make similar jokes. No idea how poland dominated that market for us.
View Quote

This^.  I believe that the Finns fill that role for the Scandinavians.

The Swede asked the Finn: "Why are you hitting yourself in the head with a hammer?"
The Finn replied: "Because it feels so good when I stop."

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#25]
No different than Ole and Lena jokes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You live close to Minnesota don't you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am one  Or was.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Am I in before the Pole?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I had a Polish friend.  For his birthday, I gift-wrapped a head of cabbage, an onion, a kielbasa, and some pierogi.  He seemed to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a Polish neighbor.
Last winter I had to clear his driveway because his snow blower was buried in the back of his garage behind all the construction materials for his home renovation.
He had his lawn tractor right up front & ready to drive out though...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:11:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Serious question:

View Quote

Asked my FIL the same question and he answered "we did ride horses against the German tanks".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had a Polish friend.  For his birthday, I gift-wrapped a head of cabbage, an onion, a kielbasa, and some pierogi.  He seemed to enjoy it.
View Quote

Did he ever unwrap the present?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Produced some damn fine mathematicians over the years.

RPL is still used today, and it was not a shot at the Polish, but from the inventor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Because they don't flip out, rape, loot, and burn?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#35]
No Nicolaus Capernicus jokes yet?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Cleveland, Ohio had fifty years worth of TV programming devoted to "certain ethnic group" jokes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Theirs only two kinds of people. Polacks and those that wish they were one. They cant stop talking about us.---- SKI
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

When I was little I told a Polish joke I had heard at a family Christmas gathering.  Didn't know my grandmother's family was Polish, just something I was unaware of.

Prior to the Nazi propoganda, Poland was known for having the best educatuion system in Europe.  That's why the Nazis targeted their education/intelligence.  So I was told.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Why don't they have ice cubes at Polish weddings anymore?
The old lady with the recipe died.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup.

When I was little I told a Polish joke I had heard at a family Christmas gathering.  Didn't know my grandmother's family was Polish, just something I was unaware of.

Prior to the Nazi propoganda, Poland was known for having the best educatuion system in Europe.  That's why the Nazis targeted their education/intelligence.  So I was told.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

They were also very good in agriculture.  60 percent of the country in use for farming.  It exports alot of food and grains.  

jb

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:36:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The Swede asked the Finn: "Why are you hitting yourself in the head with a hammer?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think every country has their version or country of choice to make similar jokes. No idea how poland dominated that market for us.

Oddly enough, despite there being a good number of Poles in Texas, I had never heard of a Polish joke growing up.

We had Aggie jokes instead.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We were some of the last off of the boat, so there was a pecking order of immigrants.

We were lesser than the Irish, and somewhere above the miscellaneous immigrants from S. Europe.

The Jews ruled/owned the ghettos with the Italians and both were the first to really create brutal organized crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question:

We were some of the last off of the boat, so there was a pecking order of immigrants.

We were lesser than the Irish, and somewhere above the miscellaneous immigrants from S. Europe.

The Jews ruled/owned the ghettos with the Italians and both were the first to really create brutal organized crime.

And we Germans started coming over before the United States existed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've spent quite a bit of time in Poland. They don't mind for the most part,manf have some good jokes themselves.
View Quote

I've never been over there, but from what I've heard and judging by people I know that are of Polish descent, they're generally good hearted people, and are as intelligent as any other nationality. Plus they're a damn good ally.

And what you said here about them having some of their own Polack jokes speaks volumes about them. Good people.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That explanation is built upon the assumption that Germans have a sense of humor, which we all know is not true.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Cleveland, Ohio had fifty years worth of TV programming devoted to "certain ethnic group" jokes.
View Quote

And so many of them are hilarious.

Oh, and then there was the one that got Reagan in trouble:

How can you tell a Polack at a cock-fight?

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Polish chicks are hot.  That is all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The food is awesome.
View Quote

SHIT, YEAHHHHHHHHH!! I eat Pierogies probably every other week. Polish sausage? You betcha!

i view Polack jokes much like Blonde jokes. You'd have to be a particularly over-sensitive cad to actually be offended by them.

ETA: I'm lucky enough to be near Hamtramk, MI which is pretty much little Poland. Can you say TASTY!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's almost everything a growing boy needs.  As someone with a couple Z's and an -ak ending to my name I would be damn happy get that for my birthday.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top