Carry in my front right pocket....

Go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Saddleback or nothing

Large for me

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hand made, hand stitched Horween leather by a local guy.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Hertz/CEE83A43-5849-4BCB-88E3-FA41E674099B_zpsogjtkbwd.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.. link?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Very nice.. link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Hertz/CEE83A43-5849-4BCB-88E3-FA41E674099B_zpsogjtkbwd.jpg

Very nice.. link?

He doesn't have a website. Everything he makes is to order, I can give you his email address if you pm me. He posts his work on Instagram if you'd like to see it.

https://instagram.com/spcustomleather/
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like my Saddleback bifold, except that it cracks every single credit card right at the magnetic strip

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Walmart GEGRGE.  Hand stitched by the indigenous hard working children of Malaysia.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He doesn't have a website. Everything he makes is to order, I can give you his email address if you pm me. He posts his work on Instagram if you'd like to see it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.. link?

Before I do what price range is his work? I don't want to get my hopes up
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#9]
My machine Era wallet is the only thing that has ever let my credit cards last more than a year.

All the leather ones crack the cards and are dirt magnets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Changed from saddleback to Ferragamo
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My machine Era wallet is the only thing that has ever let my credit cards last more than a year.

All the leather ones crack the cards and are dirt magnets.
View Quote

Very true. Plus they're RFID blockers.  I learned this when I tried to get into my work using my card, and it wouldn't work .. I stood there for 4 or 5 minutes going WTF? Hahaha

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Maxpedition micro.  Front left.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a Saddleback bifold based on the recommendations here. It's tough, but damn, the thing won't break in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry my grand fathers wallet, it never ran out of money when he had it and its not failed me yet.

Must be magic.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I really like my Saddleback bifold, except that it cracks every single credit card right at the magnetic strip

View Quote
They will replace it free. Sounds like you have an older model. They supposedly fixed that problem

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Good topic. I'm actually looking for a new wallet. Preferably brown leather bi-fold with multiple card slots. Made in USA, not in China from some poor four-legged animal whom likely met a violent and painful end.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I bought a Saddleback bifold based on the recommendations here. It's tough, but damn, the thing won't break in.
View Quote
It'll take 1-2 years.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They will replace it free. Sounds like you have an older model. They supposedly fixed that problem  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They don't bend cards anymore, but you damn near need pliers to get your cards out.

Email them and they will swap it out for free.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#20]
SLIM CLIP

I bought one of these when they first came out. I have used it exclusively for 10 plus years and have never had a problem with it.

I read that the newer ones are cheaply made now, but mine is bulletproof.

For under $10, I would buy another in a heartbeat if mine ever gives out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I like my wallet from Oberon Design. I wasn't a fan when I first got it, but it looks a lot better now that it's aged.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#22]
so in before the BMF pic...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a bi-fold that is probably twenty years old. The finish is worn off in spots. I have a new trifold in a dresser drawer. I'll probably never stop using the one I have in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a beat to shit old POS wallet.

It has lint and stuff in it.

The last time I tried to get my driver's license out of it, it was kinda stuck, which might make for a semi-humorous exchange with a cop if I am ever pulled over.

No pics handy.

Tag to see who is folding big money.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered an OD with RFID blocking liner version of this yesterday thanks to you bastards.  

It will be replacing my Spe-Ops The Wallet Jr.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:13:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:21:10 PM EDT
[#27]
If any of you guys with good quality leather wallets have links or references I appreciate it.

I am tired of the cheap WALMART offerings that are made of "leather" that is probably Yak scrotum and last three months before the stitching starts to fail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If any of you guys with good quality leather wallets have links or references I appreciate it.

I am tired of the cheap WALMART offerings that are made of "leather" that is probably Yak scrotum and last three months before the stitching starts to fail.
View Quote
Really?

I have one of those cheap George leather trifold wallets from Walmart that has resided in my back pocket every day for the last fifteen years.

Looking it over right now, I find it well shaped and worn but no failed stitches or torn leather yet.
In fact, I'm surprised at well it has held up.

The only thing that has failed is that cheap plastic leaf flyer that holds pics/credit cards/etc.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Really?   I have one of those cheap George leather trifold wallets from Walmart that has resided in my back pocket every day for the last fifteen years.
Looking it over right now, I find it well shaped and worn but no failed stitches or torn leather yet.In fact, I'm surprised at well it has held up.
The only thing that has failed is that cheap plastic leaf flyer that holds pics/credit cards/etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?   I have one of those cheap George leather trifold wallets from Walmart that has resided in my back pocket every day for the last fifteen years.
Looking it over right now, I find it well shaped and worn but no failed stitches or torn leather yet.In fact, I'm surprised at well it has held up.

Well yours must not have been made out of Yak scrotum.

(In fairness to the wallets, my practice of carrying "challenge coins" in them probably doesn't help them hold up too well).
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#30]
got a cheapie Croft and Barlow or something from Kohls' like this one

Actually bought two because they don't last forever and when I switch to the new one I don't have to relear where everything is
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

One I made and I like it a lot after using a leather one for 15 years.

http://Fuserservices.com/KydexPicsSales/Kydexwallet.jpg
View Quote

that's crazy, looks like mine!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#33]
From a recent thread where someone else said they also had a Movado and LV wallet combo.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Here you go

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Christmas gift from my grandmother, 1976. She passed the following summer.

As a punk kid of 16 you smile and say "thanks grandma!" while thinking you got gyped.

I've carried it daily for many, many years now.

Thanks grandma!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I have an inexpensive Nautilus leather trifold that has worked just fine for 20 years.

I don't usually carry my wallet during the work day, though. Weighs me down and everything I need to buy during the day can go on my badge account.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like my wallet from Oberon Design. I wasn't a fan when I first got it, but it looks a lot better now that it's aged.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0572/6305/products/wm13s.png?v=1416335824
View Quote

Is that laser engraved or did they press that in with a hot iron?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Fucking OP now has me wanting a new Machine Era wallet
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#40]
As a teen I lost 50 one week and 100 a few weeks later by simply shoving money in my front pocket.  Had too many friends 'jokingly' remove my wallet from my hip pocket prior to that.

Wallet in the front pock looked too odd (hence the shoving money in my pocket)

Went to a money clip in my pocket after that.

After 30 years, from expensive sterling silver, to magnets wrapped in alligator (they zap your CCs btw), and pivoting wedges that interlocked, combo knife/clips, I have finally arrived at the ultimate utility money clip.

Expands to almost any size of cash and credit card combo.

Has performed perfectly for almost 3 years now.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#42]
bosca

I've carried one of these for the last 25 years. They wear out after 10 years or so and I just order a new monogrammed one when needed.

They have a money clip/fold on one side and 6 card slots on the other side.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My brother carries this too
View All Quotes

To be clear, I don't.  Just being a smart ass.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm dead serious. My brother has been rocking the bad morherfucker for years.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can buy BMF wallets on the Net.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Cheap leather tri fold...think it's from Marshall's or some shit
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

bosca

I've carried one of these for the last 25 years. They wear out after 10 years or so and I just order a new monogrammed one when needed.

They have a money clip/fold on one side and 6 card slots on the other side.
View Quote
+1 on Bosca. Last year I retired a twenty year old Bosca card case I used as a front pocket wallet.  Replaced it with the same thing in the Old Leather to linked. Cash is in a matching magnetic money clip in the other pocket. After a year with the new one I think it will last at least ten more. J

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top