BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How bout this one????

http://www.lithiafordboise.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-F-150-Boise-ID-ac6d623c0a0a00de45bbf48a78879f59.htm

$35,995

Year: 2015
Make: Ford
Model: F-150
Bodystyle: Truck SuperCrew Cab
Doors: 4 door
Engine: 3.5L V-6 cyl
Transmission: 6 speed automatic
Drive Line: 4x4
Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
Exterior Color: Ingot Silver
Interior Color: MEDIUM EARTH GRAY
VIN: 1FTEW1E84FFA56392
Model Code: W1E
Stock #: FFA56392
View Quote

Unless they took the Ecoboost badges off, that's not the 3.5L in that truck.    
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
My advice is to get the Super Crew.  If you ever have passengers you won't regret it.  The Super Cab is nice for the extra bed length but that's it;  If that extra foot is a deal breaker then you're stuck.  Otherwise the Super Crew is superior in every way.  I had an extended cab (super cab in Ford's world) Silverado and the trade in difference was $3K less than the 4 door.  Sticker wasn't that much different so it wasn't worth the extra bed space IMO.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Absolutely!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well then, disregard the IM I just sent you.  

Anybody else want one?
Absolutely!  

IM sent
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#5]
On another interesting fact did you know ford sells more super cab F150's than any other model of the F150?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
On another interesting fact did you know ford sells more super cab F150's than any other model of the F150?
View Quote

Super crew make up 95% of the F150s I see around here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Super cab make up 95% of the F150s I see around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Super cab make up 95% of the F150s I see around here.

My 07 has the suicide doors, and they suck.  If you're trying to load the back seat in the garage or a parking lot,  you're trapped between the doors.  PITA.  Never again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course they are, soccer mom/dads (the primary buyer of F-150s) don't want some standard cab truck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
After a long search, and having offers on two other trucks turned down I picked up this
09 F150 King Ranch Super Crew 5.4 4x4 yesterday. Very happy with the deal

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Super Cab or Super Crew? I would have guessed Super Crew by a looooongshot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The half door on the rear ones.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
and just to throw another wrench at the monkey, i'm glad to see that Ram started to offer the spray-in bed liners as a factory option, those damn plastic liners are horrid for us northerns with salty winters.
View Quote

my Ram is only 4 months old and I have already chipped the factory bed liner in a spot or two
the coating is "harder" than normal and kinda brittle compared to rhino liner or line x etc...

not super happy about it, doesn't appear that its going to hold up all that well

ETA: dont get me wrong I am super happy with the truck but it was a $400 option that I should have just skipped
and had done myself...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ibtss and jelly
View Quote

Jelly crew representin
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#14]
You know one thing that surprised me was replacing the stock antenna with this one. I found I didn't like how the tall antenna broke up the lines/flow of the truck and it just looked out of place for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Do it, great trucks, have owned many of them, well most of them were great.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You know one thing that surprised me was replacing the stock antenna with this one. I found I didn't like how the tall antenna broke up the lines/flow of the truck and it just looked out of place for me.
View Quote

How's the reception ?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I just sold my '13 SCREW 5.5' Eco 3.55 FX4

Great truck, didn't need it anymore. Have a Chevy for work.

The Ford is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the Chevy (Chevy is a '14 1500). That said, do yourself a favor and order a SCREW 6.5' bed model. Most dealers don't stock them, but it's the best of both worlds. I HATED my 5.5' bed. an 8' 2x4 will go in a 6.5' bed diagonally and let you close the tailgate, etc.

The eco motor was great, but the MPG isn't there, so it's a toss up IMO.

Only problem I ever had w/ the Ford was my driver's door held water, pulled the rubber plug and I drained. Left the plug out, no problems since.

ETA: Skip the bed liner and have it Line-X'd. Don't pay interest on a crappy plastic bed liner.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

How's the reception ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the reception ?

For me in KS it's the same as stock. Of course the hills around here interfere with my reception anyways but most the time on on sirius or bluetooth audio.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny you post that, my Stubby should be arriving in the mail today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Ford offers spray in bed liners now. I ordered it with my truck, it was actually cheaper than the Linex too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Craven stubby.  It does look good, but the reception is mediocre.  If you're close to a strong station you'll be ok, but I definitely noticed a drop off from Denver based stations 60 miles from me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What the heck do you guys do that you can afford a brand new truck? Sheesh.
View Quote

They're in debt up to their eyeballs.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How bout this one????

http://www.lithiafordboise.com/new/Ford/2015-Ford-F-150-Boise-ID-ac6d623c0a0a00de45bbf48a78879f59.htm

$35,995

View Quote

Damnit. I'm about ready to fly out there and make a deal for that and drive it home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anybody know what the lead time is on ordering a new F150? I am passing my 01 with 200k on to my son, it will be his ride at college (Michigan Tech).http://i.imgur.com/k9ahBdgl.jpgBeen a great truck, I am sure the next one will be as well.
View Quote

Ah, deathtraps:

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Damnit. I'm about ready to fly out there and make a deal for that and drive it home.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How bout this one????

$35,995

only problem is, that the engine is the non turbo charged 3.5.  If your not towing, probably not a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Top 5% makes $188k or more per year.  That's something like 15 million people who live in those households give or take.  That's 1 out of 20 people you pass on average to put it in perspective.

A $45,000 truck is going to have a residual value near $22,500 after 5 years and 90,000 miles (KBB it yourself) which means your annualized capital cost to own a new truck is $4,500.  That's really not that big of a bite for a sufficiently large quantity of people that you are going to see a bunch of them on the road.

In this thread you'll see lots of people who make themselves feel better by thinking that every new truck going down the road is driven by someone up to their eyeballs in debt.  You can count on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats though. I love my 07 F150.

Top 5% makes $188k or more per year.  That's something like 15 million people who live in those households give or take.  That's 1 out of 20 people you pass on average to put it in perspective.

A $45,000 truck is going to have a residual value near $22,500 after 5 years and 90,000 miles (KBB it yourself) which means your annualized capital cost to own a new truck is $4,500.  That's really not that big of a bite for a sufficiently large quantity of people that you are going to see a bunch of them on the road.

In this thread you'll see lots of people who make themselves feel better by thinking that every new truck going down the road is driven by someone up to their eyeballs in debt.  You can count on it.

That's too much logic for GD. GTFO

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pennies?  What's the difference going to run for identical trim package, $15K?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd for the extra coin and jump on a 15 instead.  No reason to buy a brand new 1 year old truck and two generation old truck at this point all to save pennies.

I got my 2015 xlt for 3k more

I went with the 2015, because the price difference was negated by the price of fuel between the 2014 and 2015. True cost of ownership made the 2015 a better deal, especially since it's a redesign from the previous year.

My truck is a 302a with the 3.5l eco boost (wanted the 2.7), tow package, trailer break, extended gas tank (awesome and totally worth the 700 mile range), and the fx4. Dealer threw in the line x for free after they applied the $500 I put on the custom order down to both my down on the new truck and to line x

At 5500 miles getting the advertised 19 mpg
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OP how are you getting to 36k out the door? Are you looking at a 14 or a 15? What trim level?
View Quote

Negotiation at the end of the month when the last saturday of the month is going to be cold and rainy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Due your homework.  X-plan isn't always the best deal.  Some times you can negotiate a better deal.

OP you should be around 30% off sticker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For $36k you must be getting the XL.

No, a 2014 XLT Super Crew with towing upgrade.

Ask them what x plan pricing would be... If it's more than $50 savings, join the mustang club of America for 50 bucks and get an x plan pin generated

I already have an X-plan PIN

Due your homework.  X-plan isn't always the best deal.  Some times you can negotiate a better deal.

OP you should be around 30% off sticker.

It turned out that X-plan is not cheaper but it is nice to have in my pocket.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd for the extra coin and jump on a 15 instead.  No reason to buy a brand new 1 year old truck and two generation old truck at this point all to save pennies.

Yeah it is significantly more and there is NO bargaining with them on the 2015's
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody know what the lead time is on ordering a new F150? I am passing my 01 with 200k on to my son, it will be his ride at college (Michigan Tech).http://i.imgur.com/k9ahBdgl.jpgBeen a great truck, I am sure the next one will be as well.

Ah, deathtraps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5EmJBaGeQ

Are you referencing all F150's? Get that selective bias bullshit out of here if you are.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah it is significantly more and there is NO bargaining with them on the 2015's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With rebates and x plan I got mine for 39k
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Are you referencing all F150's? Get that selective bias bullshit out of here if you are.

https://youtu.be/1LkAzt_0qIg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, deathtraps:

I think he was referring specifically to the 01 someone mentioned having -- the 2015 aluminum body actually got higher ratings than the 2014 and earlier models, got a 5 star collision rating.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, it sits on the roof, but what about the mount where the old one was? Doesn't that look like shit now?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think he was referring specifically to the 01 someone mentioned having -- the 2015 aluminum body actually got higher ratings than the 2014 and earlier models, got a 5 star collision rating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, deathtraps:

That's why I want to be sure he's not talking about the post 04 trucks. Because if he's just doing broad brush strokes here I'm calling him out on his bullshit (IF HE IS) because that's some scumbag shit to insinuate that F150's will all kill you completely ignoring the fact there have been 3 generations since the late 90's model. I'm all about being unbiased when it comes to talking about products most of the time and in my opinion if he was or is indeed using that as a base reference or trying to spread that perception to dissuade others he is acting criminal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So, it sits on the roof, but what about the mount where the old one was? Doesn't that look like shit now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it's in the same place as the old one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got a 2014 XLT in January
5.0L 4x4
5.5' bed
Supercrew
leather
HID lights
backup camera
tail gate step (use it more than I would have thought)

for $33000 + tax (less than Aplan)

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is based on a friend that has a new Ford truck, not my story so I don't know the details.

Spark plugs.

Ford told him $800 to do plugs and wires.
Firestone told him $600-$900 depending on how many plugs they break while removing them.

My understanding is the plugs have two sets of threads and it's common to break them on removal requiring special tools, Firestone broke 2 costing an extra 100.

That level of stupidity in its design makes it a shop job vs home, and almost a grand to fix.

Fuck that
View Quote

OLD 5.4L
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh, cool. I took my original off when I got home and saw that it was hitting the garage ceiling. Replaced it with a small one from AutoZone. Looks cool, but I think I like your better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
One feature I HATE and is really hard to avoid is the plastic bed liner inserts. Here in Ohio, they ruin beds by holding water and salt!
View Quote

Take it out, and have a shop spray one in .

Also: I'm jelly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One feature I HATE and is really hard to avoid is the plastic bed liner inserts. Here in Ohio, they ruin beds by holding water and salt!
View Quote

Do like I did, take it out and have a Line-X liner installed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I hate buying new but used trucks are only $2-3K less than new and finance rates are worse so they actually end up costing more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats though. I love my 07 F150.

I always buy used except the 2-3 year old trucks are selling for as much or very close to what I paid new.

I hate buying new but used trucks are only $2-3K less than new and finance rates are worse so they actually end up costing more.

You gotta go down to about the 5 year ~60,000mi route before the depreciation kicks in enough to make it a good deal (for the buyer). Sell it at the 10 year mark and roll it into the next 5 year old truck. Repeat.

Or...just buy the new truck and be happy. You know you want it
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I heard the mating call of the F150 owner.

09 4x4 screw lariat, spray in linex, 5.4 v8, K&N cold air intake kit and magnaflow exhaust.

I fucking love my truck and so does just about everyone else who has driven it. I used to be a chevy guy but I'm not lying when I say Ford makes the best truck bar none.

Not the most recent photo of her:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/gun_control/WP_20150111_010_zpsibnihft3.jpg
View Quote

That's a bks parking lot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
XLT or loaded STX
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very nice, what trim level are you looking at?

XLT or loaded STX

I've seen 2014 STXs in my locality for 28-30k. 36 seems high given dealers around me seem to be taking 10-12k off of MSRP
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've seen 2014 STXs in my locality for 28-30k. 36 seems high given dealers around me seem to be taking 10-12k off of MSRP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice, what trim level are you looking at?

XLT or loaded STX

I owned an 07 STX before my 09 Lariat. While I liked my STX I wanted more. I couldn't see myself buying an STX again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#46]
So I decided to not get the XLT.

The main reason was that they ALL had the 302a interior package. That in itself isn't bad but the real issue is that they ALL, regardless of dealership, had this pale gray leather that I didn't like and a power sliding rear window. I could totally see that getting screwed up quickly. The other think I didn't like about the XLT's was that 80% of them were EcoBoost and I didn't want that either. I also decided that the $5,000 more was not worth it for what I wanted/needed.

I got a loaded STX, 3.55 E-Locker diff 5.0L, 20" wheel upgrade, SYNC and the towing/GVWR package.

I got it at Buckeye Ford in London Ohio, they were the only dealers who weren't assholes. They also let my apply my X-Plan discount BEFORE the rebates and other discounts which no other dealer offered.

The out the door price was just south of $34K.

I walked in with financing at 1.99% and they beat that with 1.25%. When did car loans drop that much?

I was going to put more down or pay cash but that rate was so low I will just keep my money and use theirs!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Pictures please.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The main reason was that they ALL had the 302a interior package. That in itself isn't bad but the real issue is that they ALL, regardless of dealership, had this pale gray leather that I didn't like and a power sliding rear window. I could totally see that getting screwed up quickly. The other think I didn't like about the XLT's was that 80% of them were EcoBoost and I didn't want that either. I also decided that the $5,000 more was not worth it for what I wanted/needed.

I got a loaded STX, 3.55 E-Locker diff 5.0L, 20" wheel upgrade, SYNC and the towing/GVWR package.

I got it at Buckeye Ford in London Ohio, they were the only dealers who weren't assholes. They also let my apply my X-Plan discount BEFORE the rebates and other discounts which no other dealer offered.

I walked in with financing at 1.99% and they beat that with 1.25%. When did car loans drop that much?

I was going to put more down or pay cash but that rate was so low I will just keep my money and use theirs!
View Quote

Good job OP.  Very.  Good.  Job.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good call on that, bro.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:39:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted: They also let my apply my X-Plan discount BEFORE the rebates and other discounts which no other dealer offered.

View Quote

Just to clarify, the x-plan price is a set price on the invoice, and you get the other discounts, too.  It's up to the individual dealer whether or not to sell vehicles at the x-plan price.  They still make money, but not as much, (I believe that they get a kick back from Ford).  I've only ever heard of them refusing it on limited run vehicles.  I've heard of x-plan +$1k on some Mustangs.  Obviously, the new trucks are in high demand / short supply.  Lots of people held off, waiting for the 2015's, and the plants aren't up to full speed yet.  That will change.  OP did right going down the street.

Congrats, OP. Pictures please.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top