Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/24/2015 9:06:34 AM EDT
I have been looking for a while and I think this is the sweet spot.

4x4 5.0L 3.55 E-Locker Crew Cab 6.5 Ft bed

Should come in around $36K out the door.

Any reason not to buy an F150?

Update:
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
ibtss and jelly
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Do it.  I prefer the SuperCrew, myself.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 14' 5.0L, SuperCrew, 6.5ft bed, XLT 3.55 e-locker, leather package for $33,000.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
One feature I HATE and is really hard to avoid is the plastic bed liner inserts. Here in Ohio, they ruin beds by holding water and salt!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

What years are 6.5 beds available in 150 CCs?

I thought those were only available with Super Cabs?

Thinking about trading 250 for 150

Hell, I'm in the dealership getting a new universal put on to one of my front hubs......
should probably walk the twenty feet over to the showroom, but don't really feel up
to dealing with a salesman yet htis morning
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a Chevy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
What the heck do you guys do that you can afford a brand new truck? Sheesh.

Congrats though. I love my 07 F150.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#8]
One word ... to save you from the gay

((((((((((((((((((((Silverado)))))))))))))))))))))

Your welcome
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Only reason not to buy it is that it's a Ford. Go get a 1-2 year old used Tundra or Tacoma for that price and you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I always buy used except the 2-3 year old trucks are selling for as much or very close to what I paid new.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Get the Raptor version.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Only reason not to buy it is that it's a Ford. Go get a 1-2 year old used Tundra or Tacoma for that price and you won't be disappointed.
View Quote

$36k is a easily a new TRD Tacoma.  Not sure about Tundra prices.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Top 5% makes $188k or more per year.  That's something like 15 million people who live in those households give or take.  That's 1 out of 20 people you pass on average to put it in perspective.

A $45,000 truck is going to have a residual value near $22,500 after 5 years and 90,000 miles (KBB it yourself) which means your annualized capital cost to own a new truck is $4,500.  That's really not that big of a bite for a sufficiently large quantity of people that you are going to see a bunch of them on the road.

In this thread you'll see lots of people who make themselves feel better by thinking that every new truck going down the road is driven by someone up to their eyeballs in debt.  You can count on it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I drive a Silverado, but would take the current F150 over Chevy. I'm fighting with GM over a recall they are trying not to honor. I also had a radiator clog up with that Dexcool mess a few years back and joined in the class action lawsuit to recoop costs only to find they filed bankruptcy and again said....no help will be given.  Ford trucks are just far more innovative then GMC and you will atleast get somewhat better support.  The current F-series motors are great selection, not that Chevy is bad.....just not better.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I've read here that the stereo isn't very good.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One feature I HATE and is really hard to avoid is the plastic bed liner inserts. Here in Ohio, they ruin beds by holding water and salt!
View Quote

Not sure where you are in Ohio, but leave the plastic liner at the dealer and take your truck to a Bullet Liner place.  It is amazing and I like it so much better than Rhino liner.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not sure where you are in Ohio, but leave the plastic liner at the dealer and take your truck to a Bullet Liner place.  It is amazing and I like it so much better than Rhino liner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, and just to throw another wrench at the monkey, i'm glad to see that Ram started to offer the spray-in bed liners as a factory option, those damn plastic liners are horrid for us northerns with salty winters.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Ford still doesn't have rivets to fix them. Drive carefully...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your welcome
View Quote

did you mean "you're" ?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]
For $36k you must be getting the XL.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hell, I'm in the dealership getting a new universal put on to one of my front hubs......
should probably walk the twenty feet over to the showroom, but don't really feel up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anything after 06 IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Test drive a ram and a f150 and think about which one rides smoother. . In the market for a new truck myself, just not ready to pull the trigger.  Also check that price. Local dealership to me was trying to push brand new 4x4 f150 at me for 33k and that is without me trying to negotiate.  I have always been a ford guy, but I have fallen in love with the ram trucks that I have played with.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

For a 15'.  Pretty darn good.  I have a 12 Ecoboost 4x4 Screw and love it.

I am seriously considering a new one next year when any issues with the new truck have been figured/ironed out and they will be discounted heavily to make room for the 16's.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#26]
OP, the only thing you could do better is purchase a 6.2 optioned Silverado.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They have real  jobs.

Quoted:

lol a Tacoma isn't even in the same league. You recommend Camrys when folks are looking for sports coupes too?

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your welcome
View Quote

Obama appreciates your support!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#28]
which dealer are you going to? i hope it's not ricart.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Take it out and sell it.  Got 150 for mine.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Do it!
I bought my F-150 FX4 new in 2002 and it has been a great truck.

Get rid of the plastic liner and have a spray liner installed.

Thank you for buying American!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They have real  jobs.

lol a Tacoma isn't even in the same league. You recommend Camrys when folks are looking for sports coupes too?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They have real  jobs.

Quoted:

Ouch
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
which dealer are you going to? i hope it's not ricart.
View Quote

Please share.  I love a little dirt on dealers.  I test drove a Super Duty there when I was truck shopping.  The staff that helped me was friendly and helpful but in the end I went with a Ram from another dealer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go for it.  Bought my 2014 last September.  All the same stats as you except I went with the Supercrew and the 3.31.  Averaging 14.2 MPG on my twisty turny stop and go back roads around here.  Not that I care, only 2,500 miles on it at this point.  I'm stopping for gas every other month.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Do it!!! Im still hanging on to my low mile 08 lariat screw 4x4 but the new 150s are really tempting
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Top 5% makes $188k or more per year.  That's something like 15 million people who live in those households give or take.  That's 1 out of 20 people you pass on average to put it in perspective.

A $45,000 truck is going to have a residual value near $22,500 after 5 years and 90,000 miles (KBB it yourself) which means your annualized capital cost to own a new truck is $4,500.  That's really not that big of a bite for a sufficiently large quantity of people that you are going to see a bunch of them on the road.

In this thread you'll see lots of people who make themselves feel better by thinking that every new truck going down the road is driven by someone up to their eyeballs in debt.  You can count on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paid cash for mine.  I make ~$70,000/yr.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've read here that the stereo isn't very good.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have been buying new Silverados every couple of years most of my driving life.  I am pretty impressed with the new Fords.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your welcome

I have been buying new Silverados every couple of years most of my driving life.  I am pretty impressed with the new Fords.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Cool, man. What color are you most likely to get?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#39]
$36k? That's a steal. I've read here you're supposed to pay $60k and get a bad stereo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ouch
View Quote

Hey man don't feel too bad I don't have a new truck either
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Test drive a ram and a f150 and think about which one rides smoother. . In the market for a new truck myself, just not ready to pull the trigger.  Also check that price. Local dealership to me was trying to push brand new 4x4 f150 at me for 33k and that is without me trying to negotiate.  I have always been a ford guy, but I have fallen in love with the ram trucks that I have played with.
View Quote

You got that right. The RAM 1500 I test drove sold me.  Those coil springs are amazing. It rides better than my wifes charger r/t too. It also have better interior than the f150. No complaints, I love my Ram. Most of the Trucks are good because of the R/D that goes into them but having a smooth ride and a awesome price sold me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I drive a 2014 F150 4x4 short bed for a work truck and a 2014 Tacoma TRD off road as a POV.

F150 is definitely a comfortable ride and awesome interior room (coming from my Tacoma and previous Dodge quad cab).  Better get a back up cam but watch backing it out.  Front end sits too low.

Tacoma is far easier to park and maneuver in tight spaces,  Awesome off road capable.

Tacoma gets better MPG about 2 to 3 better.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Anybody know what the lead time is on ordering a new F150? I am passing my 01 with 200k on to my son, it will be his ride at college (Michigan Tech).
Been a great truck, I am sure the next one will be as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anybody know what the lead time is on ordering a new F150? I am passing my 01 with 200k on to my son, it will be his ride at college (Michigan Tech).http://i.imgur.com/k9ahBdgl.jpgBeen a great truck, I am sure the next one will be as well.
View Quote

about two months right now. Love my 2015, had one ordered but needed a replacement sooner so got one off the lot that was better anyways.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a dumb idea!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Very nice, what trim level are you looking at?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Skip the rattle trap and buy a Toyota Tundra it will drive and feel like new for longer and the depreciation won't be as bad. Or better yet find one that's a year old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I always buy used except the 2-3 year old trucks are selling for as much or very close to what I paid new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate buying new but used trucks are only $2-3K less than new and finance rates are worse so they actually end up costing more.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely love my 2015 F-150 King Ranch. Recommend them to anyone
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am a software development manager for a regional insurance company and my wife is a teacher.

Nothing super lucrative as far as income really. Other than our house, this will be our only debt. I also was able to get a great interest rate, 1.99% for 60 months. I will probably have it paid for in 3 years though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top