Posted: 4/23/2015 2:53:44 AM EDT
It's on for May 2!

Predictions?

I say it will be a snoozefest.

Mayweather in a decision.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a setup.

They will go the distance and there will be an extremely unpopular decision.

That will set them up for 2 more rematches.

That way both fighters can clear some really big money before they both retire.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Manny has his work cut out for him, but if anyone out there has the speed to get to Mayweather - it's him.

Pulling for a Pacquiao knockout, however unlikely.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree. And this fight should have happened 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Pacquiao will get knocked out mid fight, 5 or 6th round. He's way past his prime, too distracted by outside crap, Mayweather is too talented, despite being a prick.

Think of how Clay was, super talented; a natural, and egotistical.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Imma go with Mayweather back peddling for all the rounds while dipping his shoulder and slipping punches. Pacman will do his best but in the end decision unanimous to Floyd.

Very much would like to see Pacquiao score the KO...I just don't see it happening. Probably won't bother to catch it and just read about it the next day
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pacquiao will get knocked out mid fight, 5 or 6th round. He's way past his prime, too distracted by outside crap, Mayweather is too talented, despite being a prick.

View Quote

Go home, you're drunk.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Imma go with Mayweather back peddling for all the rounds while dipping his shoulder and slipping punches. Pacman will do his best but in the end decision unanimous to Floyd.

Very much would like to see Pacquiao score the KO...I just don't see it happening. Probably won't bother to catch it and just read about it the next day
View Quote

Yep, I'm not going to pay $60 or whatever it will be to watch it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:15:27 AM EDT
[#8]
IBTP

Mayweather
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#9]
ill believe it is gonna happen when that coward steps into the ring with the pacman.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#10]
WAR PACMAN
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Go home, you're drunk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go home, you're drunk.

No, I am a boxing fan who's been watching both fighters since they hit the scene. I told everyone about when Pacquiao would lose his first fight, and he did -  just like when de la hoya did by getting distracted by singing/politics all that crap.

I've always liked both fighters, but to say Pacquiao can win, well get off the kool aid.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol... HD is $100, yo...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, I am a boxing fan....

View Quote

I stopped reading right there.

Mayweather's KO to UD ratio is one of the lowest in the sport. The only two guys he's knockout in the last 10 years is Victor Ortiz (sucker punch knockout - shouldn't even count for discussion's sake), and glass-jaw Ricky Hatton. He's not gonna KO Pacman, barring luck. (anyone that watches boxing knows that...)

Floyd has shown some weakness lately, (Miguel Cotto fight comes to mind) and Pacquiao is still probably the most talented offensive fighter in the sport.

Floyd wins only by running away, dodging punches, and throwing "technical punches" for points the entire fight....take it to the bank.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

lol... HD is $100, yo...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol... HD is $100, yo...

LOL... yeah, no way.

I paid like $30 back in the day to watch the Bowe v. Holyfield fight when that shitbag on a para-glider crashed the fight. It was almost worth the money seeing the folks in the front row beat that fucker about the head with brick sized cell phones. But I swore off buying PPV boxing at that time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's on for May 2!

Predictions?

View Quote

Yep, unfortunately it will be a snoozefest. Decision in another dull fight.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:45:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Mayweather's KO to UD ratio is one of the lowest in the sport. He's not gonna KO Pacman, barring luck. (anyone that watches boxing knows that...)

Floyd has shown some weakness lately, (Miguel Cotto fight comes to mind) and Pacquiao is still probably the most talented offensive fighter in the sport.

Floyd wins only by running away, dodging punches, and throwing "technical punches" for points the entire fight....take it to the bank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mayweather's KO to UD ratio is one of the lowest in the sport. He's not gonna KO Pacman, barring luck. (anyone that watches boxing knows that...)

And that's my point. You are a Pacqiaou fan, not a boxing fan. If you think fighters should just 'duke it out'. go over to MMA, because that's not what boxing is about. Boxing has strategy, and guess what, defense is part of a strategy. Both fighters have shown weakness. Pacman has lost his chin. it wont take much for floyd to take care of that. Don't forget pacman has already lost.

Twice.

Take that to the bank.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:49:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Mayweather's KO to UD ratio is one of the lowest in the sport. The only two guys he's knockout in the last 10 years is Victor Ortiz (sucker punch knockout - shouldn't even count for discussion's sake), and glass-jaw Ricky Hatton. He's not gonna KO Pacman, barring luck. (anyone that watches boxing knows that...)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly....this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And that's my point. You are a Pacqiaou fan, not a boxing fan. If you think fighters should just 'duke it out'. go over to MMA, because that's not what boxing is about. Boxing has strategy, and guess what, defense is part of a strategy. Both fighters have shown weakness. Pacman has lost his chin. it wont take much for floyd to take care of that. Don't forget pacman has already lost.

Twice.

Take that to the bank.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Twice.

Take that to the bank.

I am a Miguel Cotto fan, not a Pacquiao fan. (FYI, I watched Pac beat the living shit out of Cotto on PPV, and Mayweather barely survived the same matchup, thanks to his defensive wizardry)

When did Pacquiao ever lose his chin? If you want to discuss knockouts, how many good fighters has Pac knocked out in the past 10 years versus Mayweather?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Exactly....this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly....this.

And that's a good point. Even so, what I'm saying is Pacman's talent has been put aside for his desire to 'please the public', i.e. not concentrate on boxing. I know how talented he is, he's just not focused on it anymore.

Mayweather, that's his life.

And, yes, dodging, technical punches, aka 'defense', wins fights.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Pacman is going to win this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:11:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I am a Miguel Cotto fan, not a Pacquiao fan. (FYI, I watched Pac beat the living shit out of Cotto on PPV, and Mayweather barely survived the same matchup, thanks to his defensive wizardry)

When did Pacquiao ever lose his chin? If you want to discuss knockouts, how many good fighters has Pac knocked out in the past 10 years versus Mayweather?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Twice.

Take that to the bank.

I'm not arguing his offense, You are correct in saying it's one of the best. And fastest. I've watched all of his fights, and saw how his defense has degraded quickly when he started doing all of that singing bullshit. He went down the path of de la hoya, and guess where de la hoya is now.

You can't tell me his bell hasn't been rung by fighters less on par than floyd. floyd looks for that more than normal. Yes, he's a defensive boxer, but I can't honestly say he 'runs away' from a good fight.

And Cotto, I was hoping he would've beat mayweather.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Boxing was fun to watch before UFC/mma

it just seems boring now

I lost all interest after the Holyfield / Tyson era
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I really, really hope Pacman knocks Floyd the fuck out but I don't think Mayweather would have agreed to the fight if he wasn't absolutely sure he would win. He's a coward who's been dodging this for years.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Manny has his work cut out for him, but if anyone out there has the speed to get to Mayweather - it's him.

Pulling for a Pacquiao knockout, however unlikely.
View Quote

You want to see what this fight is going to look like, watch Pacquiao vs Marquez 3.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's a setup.

They will go the distance and there will be an extremely unpopular decision.

That will set them up for 2 more rematches.

That way both fighters can clear some really big money before they both retire.

View Quote

i'm going with this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Mayweather has boxing's shadow man at his side. Al haymon controls boxing in Vegas and pretty much orchestrated mayweather's entire career.

Mayweather isn't allowed to lose in Vegas. Gotta hope for knocked out if pacman has a chance at winning.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's on for May 2!

Predictions?

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#30]
either a draw or pac wins. that way they can draw it out into a few more bouts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I say Pacquiao wins the first fight, then a rematch with Mayweather getting the win. Ultimate payday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#33]
If this fight would have happened when manny was in his prime, manny would win no doubt about it,

But after manny started doing all kinds of other activities outside of boxing he lost his edge.

Mayweather will jump around and throw a bunch of soft punched for points, and in the end will be a split decision for mayweather..

No knockouts will happen in this fight..
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Anybody want to bet a membership or something who thinks Pacquaio will win? Send me an IM. I'm willing to go Platinum membership saying Mayweather won't lose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:35:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Pulling for Pacquiao, but Mayweather will win easily.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm not taking that bet.  The fix, as they say, appears to be in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody want to bet a membership or something who thinks Pacquaio will win? Send me an IM. I'm willing to go Platinum membership saying Mayweather won't lose.

I'm not taking that bet.  The fix, as they say, appears to be in.

I don't believe there will be a fix. I hate Mayweather, however his style of fighting will eat Manny, who's out of his prime, alive.

This is going to be one sided. I'm not at least bit worried on losing that bet, I'll be happy to bet anyone who would bet against him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I love Pacman, and the only people who will bet on him are Pinoys and people who hate money. As I said in the earlier thread....
You gotta be mentally unstable to pay 90 bucks to go watch Floyd avoid punches against a dude who passed his prime 8 years ago. This will be one of, if not the easiest 'fight' Floyd has had in years. The only way he loses is the less than 1% chance he got old over night and has completely lost his legs.

ETA- and to show I'll put my money where my mouth is...

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I love Pacman, and the only people who will bet on him are Pinoys and people who hate money. As I said in the earlier thread....
You gotta be mentally unstable to pay 90 bucks to go watch Floyd avoid punches against a dude who passed his prime 8 years ago. This will be one of, if not the easiest 'fight' Floyd has had in years. The only way he loses is the less than 1% chance he got old over night and has completely lost his legs.

ETA- and to show I'll put my money where my mouth is...
http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o800/avdubya/Mobile%20Uploads/mayw12_zpsbvw2kqre.jpg

View Quote

I agree. Like I said early... I actually like Pacman as a person and athlete and it pisses me off Mayweather waited until he was out of his prime to fight him. Chickenshit thing to do. This will be an easy fight for Mayweather. NFL vs. College ball.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish boxing was real
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wish boxing was real
View Quote

I think you're thinking of wrestling, or rasslin' as we call it round here.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Tickets go on sale at 3 EST today... All 500 that will be available for the public... No floor seats.

Will be gone in 1 second.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel sorry for you guys who don't have 5 friends to chip in 20 bucks to watch a fight.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for you guys who don't have 5 friends to chip in 20 bucks to watch a fight.  
View Quote

It's not that. I've bought many fights. I still remember spending my very first paycheck on Tyson vs McNeeley. Everyone knew Peter was going to get blown out within seconds, and he did, but it was still entertaining. There will be nothing entertaining about watching Mayweather spar. That is all this is, a sparring match, not a fight. He's going to dance around, slip a few punches, land a couple jabs, rinse and repeat for 12 rounds. Freddie Roach will complain that he was scared of Pac's power and demand a rematch. Floyd, who likes money, especially easy money, will happily accept.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's not that. I've bought many fights. I still remember spending my very first paycheck on Tyson vs McNeeley. Everyone knew Peter was going to get blown out within seconds, and he did, but it was still entertaining. There will be nothing entertaining about watching Mayweather spar. That is all this is, a sparring match, not a fight. He's going to dance around, slip a few punches, land a couple jabs, rinse and repeat for 12 rounds. Freddie Roach will complain that he was scared of Pac's power and demand a rematch. Floyd, who likes money, especially easy money, will happily accept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is certainly possible, of course George Foreman was going to put Ali in a coma and Thomas Hearns was going to destroy Marvelous Marvin Haggler.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is certainly possible, of course George Foreman was going to put Ali in a coma and Thomas Hearns was going to destroy Marvelous Marvin Haggler.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember those fights. Hearns didn't lose that fight due to lack of effort even though he was ko'ed in the third round. Hagler was a beast. Its why sugar ray gave hagler everything he wanted, just give him the bigger ring.

In the foreman fight, it looked like he knock Ali out a few times. Hence why the banned rope a dope.

I don't think foreman went over 2 rounds in his career before Ali.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#48]
For all the 'rope a dope' talk and Ali's impregnable defense...George beat his ass until he gassed out. He literally wore himself out beating Ali nearly to death. Which probably explains the condition both men are in today (george is a little sharper). Haggler was always underrated, Hearns was always a little overrated. It made for a fantastic 3 rounds of action that could've went either way.

Any of those 4 men mentioned would knock Mayweather out in the first....but Pac won't.

I tell you what. Save your $100. Just send me $50 and I'll go beat up an old bum with shot legs and a shot chin.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:48:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One more thing I like about Manny:  The fight will be broadcast in the Philippines live simultaneously on all 3 major broadcast TV networks, as well as on Solar and the networks' cable affiliates.  Talk about giving back to the people, rather than trying to pad your pockets:

Again, per Wikipedia:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
One more thing I like about Manny:  The fight will be broadcast in the Philippines live simultaneously on all 3 major broadcast TV networks, as well as on Solar and the networks' cable affiliates.  Talk about giving back to the people, rather than trying to pad your pockets:

Again, per Wikipedia:
In the Philippines, Solar Entertainment - the proprietor of broadcasts of Manny Pacquiao's bouts since 2003 - announced an unprecedented deal to simultaneously air the bout on the free-to-air terrestrial television networks GMA Network, ABS-CBN and, TV5, as well as on its own cable platforms. Solar Entertainment reportedly paid Top Rank and Mayweather Promotions $10 million (PHP 440 million) to win the broadcast rights for the Philippines. Prior to this joint terrestrial broadcast, GMA Network solely aired Pacquiao's bouts since 2007 (ABS-CBN, before 2007), with TV5 airing replays through its sports programming block, AKTV, since 2011 until 2013.[40] This is the second time that Big Three networks will air this event simultaneously since "Dolphy: Alay Tawa TV special in 2012.

I want Pac to beat Moneymays ass, and this is just another reason. Thanks for that information.

What a different conversation this would be if the fight taking place in say 2008.

Of course there's a reason Mayweather wouldn't agree to a fight back then.

Fear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top