Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Liberals arent liberals anymore. Theyre progressives. And progressives are the scum of the earth. I eagerly await the day the term "progressive" is a footnote in history.

View Quote

Well, that's not very progressive of you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

OP is correct, too many fucked up dickheads in here.  Guess what, they're the new normal in this FUSA.  Name calling when you don't go along with their groupthink.  

And that's just for starters, try speaking some truth in here and get your timeouts.  

Wake up, like the rest of this country, this forum has been subverted, and most here kiss the asses of those subverting it.  
View Quote

Ah, the Obama Generation speaks. Thanks for your input.

This site went down hill after Y2K turned out to be a bust.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It just comes from the exasperation of explaining why their premise is wrong....over and over ad infinitum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, now, this kind of thing is why you come across as arguing like an ass.  You have ZERO reason to say that, other than to try to discredit him and any statement he might try to make by tying him to a person reviled by the bulk of the site, a tie that, given his statements that he's only ever voted R or L, is without any basis.

It's name-calling in an attempt to tear him down and bolster your part of the discussion, of the most base sort.

I gave up on even pointing it out years ago.  I thought we had all just accepted it as fact and moved on.

Very Polite

It just comes from the exasperation of explaining why their premise is wrong....over and over ad infinitum.

GWB had a Republican congress for six years of his presidency. You can't blame Democrats for that time.

If you can demonstrate to me how he reduced government, reduced spending, eliminated regulation, repealed bad laws, got the government out of our business, or increased our freedom, I'll concede the fucking point.

Go.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK WOOOF
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The only thing you got right is the Bush Sr. import ban.  Everything else is 75% Dem and 25% Republican.  Nice try though.  I'm sure your choice in Hillary will be fiscally responsible and very pro-gun.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>
In my life, I've seen Republicans ban more guns than Democrats, run up huge debts, raise taxes, increase spending, and expand the government on all levels.
<snip>  

No you haven't.  That's absurd and just stated in order to appear as (false) support for your last sentence.  

The '89 import ban was the largest ban on firearms in this country's history -signed into law by Republican Bush Sr. The same guy who signed it into law raised taxes. Reagan signed a law prohibiting ownership of new full-autos in '86.

Are you denying that Republican pols have also run up huge debts, raised taxes, increased spending, and expanded government? I could provide many examples of every one of these things.

The only thing you got right is the Bush Sr. import ban.  Everything else is 75% Dem and 25% Republican.  Nice try though.  I'm sure your choice in Hillary will be fiscally responsible and very pro-gun.  

Of course Dems are better at these things. As far as 75/25, 50/50 or whatever, I can't put a number on it. It involves a lot of details (and I did imply that state governments were included in my assessment, though they aren't really what I was thinking of).

If you believe that the FedGov shrank, federal taxes and spending were reduced, the debt was reduced, and regulations were eliminated by Republicans, then you aren't just a party guy, you're delusional.

I'm sure your choices like the Pro-gun and anti-government-healthcare Romney, and the eminently ideological McCain, will save America by leading us into a bold new future (if they accomplish anything other than losing to dems).
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Is Texas becoming the next liberal state? After reading ,some  posts here, I`m starting to think so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The other side.

With more liberal views being expressed, like some of mine, on the forum we are seeing more rounded support for responsible gun ownership.  It just more "liberal" people are owning and shooting AR15s which is the common tie that most of us have to this forum.  Because the evil black rifle has found it's way  into "EVERYONE'S" hands the forum and site in general is seeing traffic that reflects the general population.  Gun ownership is not just for the far right anymore and gun ownership is not just tied to the traditional stereotypes that it once was.  

I will vote 3rd party Libertarian and have for a number of years
.  I defected from the republican party and won't ever vote democrat because both have proven themselves ineffective at running the country.  It is time for other views and leaders to have a chance.  

Obamacare made health care affordable for my 20 something year old working kids.  Both of my kids work hard, have college degrees but they also both work for small businesses that don't offer health care.  (Vet Tech and Chef)  So OC worked for them as it should.  

I don't support taking our right to bear arms away nor do I like the .gov hoarding of ammo to stifle the usage of our firearms.  That is interfering with that right.

I could go on but you get the picture, moderate and mixed up views are prevalent across the nation.  Be happy we have different views and can express them.
View Quote

Wow! You support Libertarian Party unrestricted immigration AND obamacare. You're not the only "liberal" progressive left libertarian.

Unrestricted political refugees; but restrict threats
Political freedom and escape from tyranny demand that individuals not be unreasonably constrained by government in the crossing of political boundaries. Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders. However, we support control over the entry into our country of foreign nationals who pose a credible threat to security, health or property.
Source: 2014 Libertarian Party Platform , Nov 1, 2014

Eliminate all restrictions on immigration
We welcome all refugees to our country. Furthermore, immigration must not be restricted for reasons of race, religion, political creed, age, or sexual preference. We therefore call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally.
Source: National Platform of the Libertarian Party , Jul 2, 2000
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Libertarian_Party_Immigration.htm

Libertarian Party Candidate Sean Haugh Makes No Bones About His Support for Medicaid Expansion

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#8]
lol, no it hasn't.

It's just not ultra right wing the sky is falling like you apparently would like.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is Texas becoming the next liberal state? After reading ,some  posts here, I`m starting to think so.
View Quote

Lol

No.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#10]
This site was much better when it was on the IBM mainframe and we communicated via punch cards.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Wish I had a dollar every time beararms posts a pic of Gary Johnson.

Maybe he should post a pic of Jeb giving Hillary the Liberty Medal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Aiden's thesis does hold water.

Check out how many people like Clinton and voted for him twice.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1742221_I_liked_Bill_Clinton.html&page=1
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice convenience sample.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it doesn't. The guy who started that thread is getting absolutely dogpiled. It's at least 10:1, and this is what you present as evidence that the forum has slid too far to the left?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Conservative hero Jon Boehner likes the clintons.

More evidence that the republicans have become democrats.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No it doesn't. The guy who started that thread is getting absolutely dogpiled. It's at least 10:1, and this is what you present as evidence that the forum has slid too far to the left?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogpiled might be a bit of an overstatement.

The guy's not getting high fives all around, but there's still quite a few more members admitting to voting for Clinton than I'd have thought around here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The guy's not getting high fives all around, but there's still quite a few more members admitting to voting for Clinton than I'd have thought around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So what does that prove?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?

That this place isn't a bastion of conservatism?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?

By citing a thread about Clinton where a minority of the posters have some affinity to Clinton?  How does that prove to be indicative of the forum as a whole?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

By citing a thread about Clinton where a minority of the posters have some affinity to Clinton?  How does that prove to be indicative of the forum as a whole?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?

Proves?  No.  Provides evidence of liberals on the board?  Yes.

I've also seen people here admit to voting for Obummer.

And people come out of the wood work to say that they're "social liberals" around here.

Has the board been "taken over" by liberals?  I wouldn't go that far.  Are there more liberals here than many assume?  Probably.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And people come out of the wood work to say that they're "social liberals" around here.

Has the board been "taken over" by liberals?  I wouldn't go that far.  Are there more liberals here than many assume?  Probably.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?

Do you have any data or evidence to from 2001 to show that things were any different back then?

ETA: Or evidence from 2011?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do you have any data or evidence to from 2001 to show that things were any different back then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what does that prove?

No.

I also don't need it to demonstrate my conclusion.

Man, you must have been kicked awful hard to be yelping like this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.

View Quote

So you don't have any verifiable evidence, correct?

If you don't need to demonstrate your conclusions then how are they supposed to be taken seriously?

Please avoid ad hominems.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you don't need to demonstrate your conclusions then how are they supposed to be taken seriously?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Except that's not what I said...was it.

Not sure if dishonest or unable to read.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Other than the plural I added how is the part in blue I highlighted any different than the part in red you highlighted?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Other than the plural I added how is the part in blue I highlighted any different than the part in red you highlighted?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Notice I said I don't need "it" - it referring to your request for a data set dating back to 2001.  Which you of course snipped from our conversation because...honesty.

That data set is not needed to prove my conclusion that there are liberal leaning members on this site.

I never said I didn't need to prove my conclusion, I said I didn't need the data set you requested to prove my conclusion.

So, tell us, are you unable to read or are you just dishonest?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Good god, the whining and hand-wringing about the minuscule presence of "liberals" on this board is still going on?

Man the fuck up.  Jesus.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its definately on the decline. Especially ever since the " you cant say dindu, or you're a racist" debacle. Suffering fom political correctness just like the rest of media. I refuse to be a paying member.

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.

REKT
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its definately on the decline. Especially ever since the " you cant say dindu, or you're a racist" debacle. Suffering fom political correctness just like the rest of media. I refuse to be a paying member.

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.

Boom...headshot!  I knew that fuckstick was familiar.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#33]
"Dear Diary,
I was driving to work today and I saw a Prius on the road.  I also saw another car that had a liberal bumper sticker.  I need somebody to hold me."
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Notice I said I don't need "it" - it referring to your request for a data set dating back to 2001.  Which you of course snipped from our conversation because...honesty.

That data set is not needed to prove my conclusion that there are liberal leaning members on this site.

I never said I didn't need to prove my conclusion, I said I didn't need the data set you requested to prove my conclusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

I missed that point.  My apologies.  I did not read your first two statements as being in the same line of reasoning, and took them to be two separate thoughts.

If you don't have a baseline to gauge if there weren't the same amount of liberals here at a given point of time, then how can you come to the conclusion that it is being taken over?

BTW: I snipped the conversation because the COC does not want long thread trees.  Again, try avoiding ad hominems, and making assumptions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I missed that point.  My apologies.  I did not read your first two statements as being in the same line of reasoning, and took them to be two separate thoughts.

If you don't have a baseline to gauge if there weren't the same amount of liberals here at a given point of time, then how can you come to the conclusion that it is being taken over?

BTW: I snipped the conversation because the COC does not want long thread trees.  Again, try avoiding ad hominems, and making assumptions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said that it was being taken over.

A reminder of what I said for our...hard of reading members.

Has the board been "taken over" by liberals? I wouldn't go that far. Are there more liberals here than many assume? Probably.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has the board been "taken over" by liberals? I wouldn't go that far. Are there more liberals here than many assume? Probably.

How do you know there are more liberal members?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus dude, how hard is it for you to accurately represent what I say?

I said that there are more than assumed.  I'm certainly surprised by the number of members who supported Clinton.

So, once again, you must have been kicked awful hard for all your yelping.  Tell us about your liberal inclinations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Dear Diary,
I was driving to work today and I saw a Prius on the road.  I also saw another car that had a liberal bumper sticker.  I need somebody to hold me."
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Smart choice.  
You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Smart choice.  
You seem ... familiar.
Took you long enough.  I reported that post yesterday.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.

Black Ops!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Dear Diary,

https://i.imgur.com/x9hAFMi.gif
I can't just let that go, you know.

Life IS pain, Princess.  Anyone who tells you different is selling something.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Dear Diary,

https://i.imgur.com/x9hAFMi.gif

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smart choice.  

You seem ... familiar.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Conservative hero Jon Boehner likes the clintons.

More evidence that the republicans have become democrats.

View Quote

Dug deep for that strawman didn't ya?     Name one person here that thinks Boehner is a conservative.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I said that there are more than assumed.  I'm certainly surprised by the number of members who supported Clinton.

So, once again, you must have been kicked awful hard for all your yelping.  [red]Tell us about your liberal inclinations.
View Quote

I am just trying to show how fucking retarded the OP's argument is and the "evidence" you cited to show that there are more than assumed, or whatever bullshit you are trying to argue.  You have no evidence, and you have shown nothing other than there are some people in GD that supported Bill Clinton at one time.  Its nothing but a convenience sample.  For a forum that loves to show how liberals argue based upon feelings, there is little if any analytical rigor to many of the people arguing that this forum has been taken over by liberals and most of their arguments consist of feelings and pure anecdotal evidence.

Please cite where I expounded a liberal viewpoint to make you think that I am a liberal, or is this argument based upon your feelings?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I am just trying to show how fucking retarded the OP's argument is and the "evidence" you cited to show that there are more than assumed, or whatever bullshit you are trying to argue.  You have no evidence, and you have shown nothing other than there are some people in GD that supported Bill Clinton at one time.  Its nothing but a convenience sample.  For a forum that loves to show how liberals argue based upon feelings, there is little if any analytical rigor to many of the people arguing that this forum has been taken over by liberals and most of their arguments consist of feelings and pure anecdotal evidence.

Please cite where I expounded a liberal viewpoint to make you think that I am a liberal, or are is argument based upon your feelings?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, once again, you must have been kicked awful hard for all your yelping.  [red]Tell us about your liberal inclinations.

Please cite where I expounded a liberal viewpoint to make you think that I am a liberal, or are is argument based upon your feelings?

If you're looking for rigor on 1. a general discussion internet forum about 2. an inherently subjective and ambiguous topic then you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you're looking for rigor on 1. a general discussion internet forum about 2. an inherently subjective and ambiguous topic then you are going to be sorely disappointed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good points sir, but one can dream... one can dream.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Man the fuck up.  Jesus.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Please cite where I expounded a liberal viewpoint to make you think that I am a liberal, or is this argument based upon your feelings?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, once again, you must have been kicked awful hard for all your yelping.  Tell us about your liberal inclinations.

Actually, its based on your own words here:http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1733789&page=5

Originally Posted By Thrasymachus
I tend to be libertarian, but that is highly dependent upon the issue. At other times I will hold conservative or progressive views.

By your own admission, you hold progressive views.  I'm just curious as to what they are.

I'm also amused that someone who claims to hold progressive views would be so determined to convince people that there are no liberals on the site.

You wouldn't happen to like techno music, would you?  
Page / 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top