BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do I care about what peppers in Chile taste like? It's not like I can put them in my chili.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Frikken yankee  
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I can eat jalapeno poppers like it's nobody's business.  I doubt these so called 'death' peppers will be a problem for me.
View Quote

This pepper is only 1 million scoville and look what it does to a person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tRq8ExAHzk

Jalapeno peppers are only a measly 2500-10,000 scoville.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
These people are so busy wondering if they can when they never stopped themselves to ask if they should.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can eat jalapeno poppers like it's nobody's business.  I doubt these so called 'death' peppers will be a problem for me.
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No.  Two drops of 7.1 million Scoville U extract laid me out for 6 hours.  Sweat dripping from my brow running into my eyes burned.  Vomit, and there was lots of that, was like Tabasco sauce.  Urinating was like pissing fire.  And the rest?  Well, it cauterized my obama hole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.  Two drops of 7.1 million Scoville U extract laid me out for 6 hours.  Sweat dripping from my brow running into my eyes burned.  Vomit, and there was lots of that, was like Tabasco sauce.  Urinating was like pissing fire.  And the rest?  Well, it cauterized my obama hole.

I told someone once, "If I had an icicle, I'd have used it!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

cmon ice cream

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this could be one of the funniest things i've ever read in GD...
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]

I have 10 different types of hot sauce in my home from all over the country.  I enjoy some variant of them on many meals during the week.  They are all flavorful and provide varying degrees of heat.

That being said, I wouldn't try any of these super peppers.  No freaking way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Damnit, I just ordered 2oz of ground Reaper  

Guess this is a tag  

Oh, and this:

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I sweat pretty good on ghost peppers.

This?

This is something the devil himself shat out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White version of "When keepin it real goes wrong."
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You do realize a jalapeno popper is made with a neutered jalapeno right? The hot part of a jalapeno is the seeds and stem / core wich is scraped out to make room for the filling.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Sissies, I'm waiting for the he-man that uses them as an enema....
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

um

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sissies, I'm waiting for the he-man that uses them as an enema....
View Quote

Pretty sure putting that in at either end will make it that by default.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn it my Carolina Reapers just started germinating

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:28:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I grow Reapers, Morugas, Butch Ts, Ghosts, etc. At this point, the heat of the pepper has more to do with the growing conditions than the strain of the plant.

I pickle mine and feed them to drunks for stunt.
View Quote

My favorite use for super hots thus far is to dry them, put them in a blender filled 50/50 with kosher salt. The end product is put in a shaker to use on tacos. I've got all my coworkers hooked on it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

jalapeno is like 6,000 SU dude. It ain't shit for heat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Carolina Reapers.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:11:12 AM EDT
[#21]
I grew a Maruga Scorpion 2 years ago.  It was my best producing plant that year.  I ended up with way too many of them.  I ate a quarter of one and that was enough for me.  My favorite from last year was my chocolate habanero.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking forward to raising a nice crop of Fatalii pods this summer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I can eat jalapeno poppers like it's nobody's business. I doubt these so called 'death' peppers will be a problem for me.
View Quote

Jalapenos are arouns 3,000-8,000 Scoville Units.   These peppers are 312.50 to 833.33 times hotter than a Jalapeno pepper.   So go ahead eat some, just post the video of it when you do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I never did understand the fascination of eating something that just hurts.

But, have at it, I'll watch the YT videos.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#26]
my coworkers snack on my thai dragons no problem, i pretty much just grow them to dry and grind them though

i have some real 'super hot' seeds like trini scorpions but i've been too lazy to sprout them
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We need videos of dumbasses trying them.
View Quote

That's pretty much the only reason for their existence.

The peppers I mean..... although it applies to dumbasses as well.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:31:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Are there that many people on here that dont realize TooBigToFail is being funny as in joking
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here is the 2.8 million hp56. Video at link. Vomit warning.
http://www.chilefoundry.com/2015/03/27/hp56-death-strain-is-this-the-next-world-record-holder/
View Quote

Interesting it's being grown for cancer research
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#32]

It even looks like an inflamed butthole...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Dear Jesus, why? Scorpions are the hottest I'm willing to try, but prefer habaneros for usual pepper enjoyment.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Currently growing some morugas now. Only to watch an idiot friend eat 2 for 50 bucks
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:40:37 AM EDT
[#35]
I know a buddy made salsa with scorpion butch T peppers and the majority of us at work simply couldn't handle it. A guy went home early, a guy called in the next day another guy was in the break room with his shirt off laying on the tile floor because he said it seemed like the right thing to do and another guy was screaming in the bathroom. No way in fuck would I eat these motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I like extremely hot stuff but not into eating just the pepper.
In salsa or my Chile Colorado and I would give it a try.
I did eat some salsa with scorpion peppers and it's the only time I took a leak that I felt like I was a flame thrower.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Last year's scorpions

This year's Reapers

I also have hatch peppers and ghost peppers growing
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Do people actually enjoy these incredibly hot peppers or is it just "Look what I can do"?  A guy I know had some hot sauce that was like 300,000 or something like that on the Scoville scale and I tried it and it completely overpowered what I was eating.  I just tasted the hot sauce.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I am enjoying the stories of self-induced pain and suffering. More cautionary tales, please.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I want to weaponize it.
View Quote

I think it already is.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Last year I ate an entire Scotch Bonnet just to see how it went. It was hot, but I persevered.

I ain't got no time fo no Carolina Reapers. A coworker grows them and brings them in for kicks. Nope nope nope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Last year I ate an entire Scotch Bonnet just to see how it went. It was hot, but I persevered.

I ain't got no time fo no Carolina Reapers. A coworker grows them and brings them in for kicks. Nope nope nope.
View Quote

I cooked Scorpion Peppers in to Pad Kee Mao last year. Yummy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Dibs on guns/ammo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

OMG

Waiting for YouTube vid anxiously...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

OMG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG

I eat raw Cayenne peppers and I am not that stupid so I will wait for a YouTube video as proof.  I have eaten a Ghost pepper before and that was HOT no way I would try anything hotter and I love hot stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I can drink tobasco sauce like it's sweet tea.

These peppers would be no problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I will try it
View Quote

Okay, as a extreme hot aficionado I just don't see the draw that these peppers have.

I'm a big fan of the Habanero and like to eat one a day, Savinas are my absolute favorite! The Raspberry taste is awesome.

But Ghost peppers have a flavor that reminds me of gasoline. They're nasty as fuck and hot in a way that just makes me go, "Yuck..." It's like a bitter, back of the tongue nastiness that tells me that I've ingested bumper stripper. No idea why anyone would voluntarily eat those disgusting things. At least with Habaneros, they've got a delicious flavor. Ghost chilies are nasty.

The Carolina Reaper is a little better, as in, smells slightly better, it's a little more like dandelion with a hint of car exhaust, but they too taste like shit and they have that long lasting hot that seems to last all fucking day. Interestingly enough, they *WILL* make your pee hot. So that was an interesting side effect. Hotter than fuck though. But if that's what you're looking for, shit, I'll just give you a can of Skydrol and let you take a hit of that...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#49]
tag
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here is the 2.8 million hp56. Video at link. Vomit warning.
http://www.chilefoundry.com/2015/03/27/hp56-death-strain-is-this-the-next-world-record-holder/
View Quote

Hahaha those hiccups were great
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top