Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I`ve been all over Mexico starting back in the 60`s. Last time we went was over 20 years ago. Never again.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I`ve been all over Mexico starting back in the 60`s. Last time we went was over 20 years ago. Never again.
View Quote

hmm.

The only place I'd been until recently, was Juarez, back in the '80's.  It's only got worse since I was there.
no hurry to go back to any border towns.

now, the Mayan Peninsula, I got no problems with. very tourist friendly.
most places I went, outside of locals, most people I encountered were European or Asian, Americans were few/far between by comparison.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

That seems 100% contrary to my trips to the Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Cozumel/Riviera Maya area.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't do it. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wifes family wants to go for a trip soon, I feel that it is unsafe and do not want to go and put my family at risk. Yes I know you cant be risk free...
Im not worried about the resort but more getting there and back safely. Anyone travel down there recently and could you give me some insight/tips?

recent travel warning
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
View Quote

You can stay in the tourist areas, and your biggest risk is one of you getting roofied and raped by hotel staff.  Or, you can leave the tourist areas, and risk getting abducted, tortured, and killed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just take a trip to Texas, save money and it is basically Mexico.
View Quote

Lmmfao but it's the gods honest truth Texas has English as the official second language !!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP, you are giving your tourist dollars to a regime whose president stood before our congress and called us collectively a bunch of racists, promotes entering our country illegally by their citizens, and is overrun with cartel corruption in its ranks.  Obviously you will do what you want to but their is no fucking way in the world I willingly give my tourist money to Mexico.
View Quote

So did our President.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wifes family wants to go for a trip soon, I feel that it is unsafe and do not want to go and put my family at risk. Yes I know you cant be risk free...
Im not worried about the resort but more getting there and back safely. Anyone travel down there recently and could you give me some insight/tips?

recent travel warning
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
View Quote

Don't ask questions here. GD is afraid to leave their moms basement let alone travel to another country. If you want the skinny on traveling through Mexico, go visit an expedition travel website and get better answers from people that actually travel through places GD won't even visit on the internet.

By the way, Mexico is a fine place to travel through. Just don't be stupid, like here, and you'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If you go to Mexico, you will die
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't ask questions here. GD is afraid to leave their moms basement let alone travel to another country. If you want the skinny on traveling through Mexico, go visit an expedition travel website and get better answers from people that actually travel through places GD won't even visit on the internet.

By the way, Mexico is a fine place to travel through. Just don't be stupid, like here, and you'll be just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

recent travel warning

I love Mexico, but you do understand that some of us have had real negative experiences there, right?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

recent travel warning

I love Mexico, but you do understand that some of us have had real negative experiences there, right?
Do tell.  In two pages I haven't seen anyone post a negative experience, except mine on page one, which I didn't say it was a negative experience more like just an experience.

I will say going to Mexico fits into the following experiences:

1. Border Town experience

2. Tourist resort experience

3. The real Mexico experience (or abuelita experience)

4. Day-efe (DF) experience.  (Mexico city)

Most Americans will just have the border town and tourist resort experience.  The abuelita experience is just that, visiting family in Mexico other than a border town or resort area.  Kind of like visiting your aunt in Cincinnati, OH, Norco, CA or Omaha, NE.  That experience will vary but it's generally the day to day of the average Mexican.  The Mexico City (DF) experience is right there like going to NYC or DC.  

Then there is the Cartel experience.  Basically means you are a target by LE, other cartels and so on.  Most of the crazy killing experiences occurred between 2006 and 2012.  In all those killings only but a few Americans where killed (well below 1%).  And were Hispanic, Mexican origin, born and or raised in Mexico.  And only but maybe two that I recall were a non-Mexican origin and one Canadian.  However their involvement with cartels was obvious.

For those who haven't been in Mexico for 20 years, things have changed.  For Americans, the change has been positive.  For one, tourism has suffered for all the negative press and advisories.  Yet the resorts have stayed and dropped their prices, and improved security for Americans.  Cops are now discouraged from messing with Americans negatively.  

This is not to say Mexico is a safe haven shangri-la.  Like anywhere else there are bad areas, but even then (because I've had to go) it's a hands off approach to Americans.

I'd much rather visit a resort in Mexico than go to Disneyland or any S. CA theme park.  But I rather go camping in Montana or N. Idaho or visit Vancouver BC than go to Mexico.  But if I wanted to have the typical gringo sit on the beach and have my ass kissed, Mexico it is.  Other than that I get my fill with the Mexican culture experience on a daily basis.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
If you are scared. Dont go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Stay away from shitty Mexican bars that are filled with the undead

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

ibtl
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Sti_Cazzi is the man to talk to, I'm sure he'll be along shortly...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go to Mexico City. I hear it's beautiful year round
View Quote

It is.  Mexico City is my all time favorite place to visit....better than anywhere I've been in Europe or Asia.  I go there almost every year.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Just keep your head on your shoulders and you have a lovely time
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for interest
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Rivera Maya. Dont know the exact resort though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
where in mexico?

Its fine, was there in December(Puerta Adventuras about 20 min south) .  You will fly into Cancun and ride a shuttle to the resort. Book through Apple or Funjet and follow their directions.  After you get through what passed for customs(push the button, if it turns green you go, red they open your suit case and halfass look in it.) From there to outside there will be a bunch of people trying to rent you a car, just keep walking and saying no thank you(don't stop).  Once outside you will see apple or funjet reps, tell them your name and they will get you to a shuttle/van.  Sit in the front just for the education and view(its about a 45 min drive).  When you leave the airport ask the driver to stop at 7-11 and buy a 12 pack for the ride.(if you are in a van).  Enjoy yourself.  There are some nice ruins to see, Tulum are close and only takes about 4 hours.  

Look into Cozumel, its a island off the coast and a 30 min ferry ride from Playa del Carmen.  Nice resorts, and more laid back.  When we go there I absolutely rent a car from a nice Lady named Margarita, $40 per day for a 15 year old shit box.  Go to the far side of the island and enjoy the beaches.  We go to town on Cozumel all the time and I've never felt uncomfortable or scared.  Its a fun place.  I've made some good friends there that are locals and really enjoy it.  We go to Mexico twice a year for several years and have never had a bad experience.  STAY AWAY FROM CANCUN! Unless you are in your 20s and enjoy being around drunken assholes in their 20s.

Going to Puerta Vallarta at the end of May(wife wanted to try the pacific side.)

Research your resort on tripadvisor.   PM any questions and I will answer what I can.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Step one, buy plane tickets to Cancun
Step two: identify a nice resort along the Mayan Riveria near Playa Del Carmen
Step three: rent private shuttle van from a reputable company associated with the resort
Step four: have a nice time with no issues as this is the touristy side of mess eee co

BTW: there are popo check points on the highway where the popo have UZI's and what look like mini 14s, trouble doesn't reside so much in this part of mess ee co.
View Quote

Been awhile shock? I was there in December, they upgraded to M-4s and MP-5s
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Figured out what you're doing? We're looking at heading back down there again around Aug. OP, Cozumel/Cancun area is quite safe as long as you're not stupid; that's true of ANYWHERE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get specific information from your booking agent regarding transportation between the airport and the resort, and also for the return journey.  

You want to know specifics, as there will be pretenders to the real transport company.  This is likely more of an overcharge risk than a safety risk.

I have traveled quite often outside of the resort areas in Baja before the drug wars got really bad.  I'll be going to a resort area this summer, so did a bit of research, and spoke with some folks that have been recently.

Once in the resort areas, you are pretty well separated from the bad guys, as the locals do a very good job of making sure the bad guys stay out, failures in this area would ruin the tourist business.

If you will be leaving the resort area, do so on the advice of the resort managers.  Their options might be more expensive for excursions, but they have a reputation to keep up that involves not sending you off with the cartel to go see the pyramids.  

If you read through the advisory, Cozumel/Cancun are pretty safe bets.  Just don't be silly.

Figured out what you're doing? We're looking at heading back down there again around Aug. OP, Cozumel/Cancun area is quite safe as long as you're not stupid; that's true of ANYWHERE.

Great diving in Cozumel but it looks like you know that Go in September, we were at the Iberostar on Cozumel, 65 guests(they hold like 350) great weather and largest dive group was 5 people
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
hang out with only locals you meet on the beach
View Quote

Ive actually done that and made some great friends. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Its a big country.

Different regions are very different.

This was true 20 years ago, but is a very unsafe assumption to make today, particularly in regions like Tamaulipas, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Michoacán.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Its a big country.

Different regions are very different.

As another poster stated, if you are not in the drug trade and/or cannot be confused as one, you are pretty much safe.

This was true 20 years ago, but is a very unsafe assumption to make today, particularly in regions like Tamaulipas, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Michoacán.

Who goes there for vacation?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You're okay on an all exclusive. It's the traveling outside of the "barbed wire" that becomes an issue
View Quote

Horseshit
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My brother just spent 3 months in Cancun, shakedowns did not occur.

It actually seemed like the police are expected to not fuck with the tourist, as they are already spending money there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Step one, buy plane tickets to Cancun
Step two: identify a nice resort along the Mayan Riveria near Playa Del Carmen
Step three: rent private shuttle van from a reputable company associated with the resort
Step four: have a nice time with no issues as this is the touristy side of mess eee co

BTW: there are popo check points on the highway where the popo have UZI's and what look like mini 14s, trouble doesn't reside so much in this part of mess ee co.

Is this where the said shakedowns occur?

My brother just spent 3 months in Cancun, shakedowns did not occur.

It actually seemed like the police are expected to not fuck with the tourist, as they are already spending money there.

Yup, I got pulled over for speeding on Cozumel(damned metric speeds). Gave me a warning and we shot the shit for a hour.  Pretty cool guys, let me finger fuck their M-4s, wife was thrilled.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I've gone to Cancun and its surrounding areas 7 times in the last 3-4 years. Honestly, ONLY once did I feel uneasy, and that was b/c we were on a bachelor party looking for "fun" in the middle of the night. Cab driver drove us to the middle of no where, about a 20-30 minute drive. But We got there, and ended up being a fun place. (imagine 3 strip clubs, with only 1 entrance fee, and you can walk in and out of them)

But as far as a family vacation, definitely would recommend. For couples, hands down, Le Blanc is the place you want to be. For a family, I enjoyed Azul five,  has a walk out suite that will put you right at the pool and penthouse suites that are layed out the same, but has a roof top deck with jacuzzi and BBQ grill. There's also Now Jade, and Moon palace which is huge, and the beach isn't pretty at all. El Cid has a nice pool for the kids to swim in and food is excellent.

Honestly, tourism makes almost all of their income in those cities, so you have nothing to worry about, b/c they wouldn't do anything to ruin that.  It's the INSIDE of Mexico where the drugs etc are grown that you have to worry about. You have nothing to worry about tourist cities.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#28]
DON'T.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:01:29 AM EDT
[#29]
In a word: Don't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Great diving in Cozumel but it looks like you know that Go in September, we were at the Iberostar on Cozumel, 65 guests(they hold like 350) great weather and largest dive group was 5 people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get specific information from your booking agent regarding transportation between the airport and the resort, and also for the return journey.  

You want to know specifics, as there will be pretenders to the real transport company.  This is likely more of an overcharge risk than a safety risk.

I have traveled quite often outside of the resort areas in Baja before the drug wars got really bad.  I'll be going to a resort area this summer, so did a bit of research, and spoke with some folks that have been recently.

Once in the resort areas, you are pretty well separated from the bad guys, as the locals do a very good job of making sure the bad guys stay out, failures in this area would ruin the tourist business.

If you will be leaving the resort area, do so on the advice of the resort managers.  Their options might be more expensive for excursions, but they have a reputation to keep up that involves not sending you off with the cartel to go see the pyramids.  

If you read through the advisory, Cozumel/Cancun are pretty safe bets.  Just don't be silly.

Si....

In fairness, it's *ok* diving compared to say Bonaire but yes it's a good spot to be.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#31]
If you listened to arfcom then you would never leave your mom's basement.

But luckily there's a whole world out there to see, and it's filled with people and places you will be glad you got to experience.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#32]

"The September 2014 INEGI crime victimization survey indicated that the State of Mexico had the highest incidence of crime in Mexico, with 47,778 victims per 100,000."

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I really don't understand why everyone gets their panties in a wad when someone mentions travel to Mexico.  My wife and I have been there more times than I can count.  From the large cities to super tiny towns in the Baja.  One of the towns we stay frequently on the Sea of Cortez has dirt for streets.  La Paz, Los Barilles, Cancun, Los Cabos, Cozumel, etc. are amazing places to go.  Hell, even Mexico City is a lot of fun.

Here is how anyone should look at travel.  If there is open conflict (i.e. War, civil unrest, genocide) stay the fuck out of the country.  If the country has known areas problems like Tijuana, Juarez in Mexico, Kingston in Jamaica, Detroit in our own back yard.  Just stay the fuck out of out of those areas.  Its really pretty simple.  The city of Everett here in my area has some gorgeous areas by the water but don't hang out on Broadway after dark and NEVER walk by the 33rd street underpass by the train station.  

No matter where you go, if you go looking for trouble, you will find it.  If you go looking for fun, relaxation and a good time, 9 times out of 10....you will find it.  

I laugh when I hear people say "why would you give your tourist dollars to a country that has a crook for a president".  It really makes me laugh out loud.  You don't have to look any further Washington D.C. to find some of the biggest crooks in the world.  

The whole idea of travel is to experience things (IMHO).  Yes, when you go to foreign countries you may be approached by shady looking people.  In Mexico chances are they want you to hit a time share demo.  They are just trying to make a buck.  If you aren't interested, just smile, say "no thanks" and move on.  If the alley on a street appears to be suspect, don't walk down it.  Like I said, its really pretty simple.

Go to Mexico, have fun, enjoy yourself.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
don't do it....
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't do it....

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I went there a bunch, from mid-80s up to about 2003. Given all of the other great options in the Caribbean where I'm less likely to have issues, I can't think of any reason to go there anymore.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Don't fucking think about going ANYWHERE in Mexico.

Go to Costa Rica and thank me later....or take a Caribbean cruise.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You will be fine and you will have a great time.

Answer these questions:
1. Are you in the drug business?
2. Are you looking to get into the drug business?

If you answered no to both questions you will not have any problems. You will be among thousands of others tourists from all over the world.

Enjoy yourself, enjoy Mexico and don't be a dick.  :)

View Quote

Pretty much this.

Last time I was in Cancun there was a heavy police and .mil presence. I think they protect the cash cows pretty well, so stay on the beaten path. Most of the feds were pretty cool and will let you check out the hardware. M-16's with more wear and tear than should be allowed on 10 guns combined. I did see a huge gunboat with M-2's hanging off of it cruise by while snorkeling though, kinda cool. Quit thinking about how scary it is and just go.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Go to Belize instead very nice, English is official language . US dollars is main currency As with any in Central or South America country, it does have it's problems.

I have done work for the Belizean Gov't, building fiber networks and have been all over the countryside, without any trouble and had a great time,
View Quote

Small world, I was down there in the early 2k years installing Nortel fiber gear.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#40]
I travel to Cozumel once or twice a year for diving, and it's full of tourists and safe as any US city.

I also travel to Tamaulipas for work a lot, it's not so nice and you need to stay mindful of where you are (and I wouldn't get in another car or any taxi) and stay with your escort and private transportation, but you're not going to be visiting the border area anyway.

I got some great advice from other board members before I started going, and while the borders towns aren't the nicest places in the world the view from the street isn't any worse than NYC or Cleveland.

Monterrey (again, not a border town) isn't too bad but the trip there isn't one you really want to take by land without an escort in a car with Mexican plates.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Avoid shady places, with shady people, at shady times of day.. and you should be fine for the most part.

Stay away from the border at all costs.

Cancun down through the Riviera Maya is good to go in my book

As well as the nicer parts of Mexico City, and Baja
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP, you are giving your tourist dollars to a regime whose president stood before our congress and called us collectively a bunch of racists, promotes entering our country illegally by their citizens, and is overrun with cartel corruption in its ranks.  Obviously you will do what you want to but their is no fucking way in the world I willingly give my tourist money to Mexico.
View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you go to Mexico, you will die
View Quote

This is true!  I have been to Mexico and I AM going to die (at some point).  Good post, ripcurl...

TC

P.S.--Merida and Belize are on my bucket list. My kid said I need to go on an adventure.  "You need some adventure in your life".  It think he just wants me out of the house but he has a point.

ETA: I have been robbed once in all my travels.  It was in a Spanish-speaking country. Spain, not Mexico.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Its fine, was there in December(Puerta Adventuras about 20 min south) .  You will fly into Cancun and ride a shuttle to the resort. Book through Apple or Funjet and follow their directions.  After you get through what passed for customs(push the button, if it turns green you go, red they open your suit case and halfass look in it.) From there to outside there will be a bunch of people trying to rent you a car, just keep walking and saying no thank you(don't stop).  Once outside you will see apple or funjet reps, tell them your name and they will get you to a shuttle/van.  Sit in the front just for the education and view(its about a 45 min drive).  When you leave the airport ask the driver to stop at 7-11 and buy a 12 pack for the ride.(if you are in a van).  Enjoy yourself.  There are some nice ruins to see, Tulum are close and only takes about 4 hours.  

Look into Cozumel, its a island off the coast and a 30 min ferry ride from Playa del Carmen.  Nice resorts, and more laid back.  When we go there I absolutely rent a car from a nice Lady named Margarita, $40 per day for a 15 year old shit box.  Go to the far side of the island and enjoy the beaches.  We go to town on Cozumel all the time and I've never felt uncomfortable or scared.  Its a fun place.  I've made some good friends there that are locals and really enjoy it.  We go to Mexico twice a year for several years and have never had a bad experience.  STAY AWAY FROM CANCUN! Unless you are in your 20s and enjoy being around drunken assholes in their 20s.

Going to Puerta Vallarta at the end of May(wife wanted to try the pacific side.)

Research your resort on tripadvisor.   PM any questions and I will answer what I can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
where in mexico?

I've never rented from ISIS, used to use less pay, last 2 years did Smart at the airport.  Love Cozumel.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd say you'll be fine. Mexico in of its self isn't some place I'd go visit, but the resorts are different.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I've never rented from ISIS, used to use less pay, last 2 years did Smart at the airport.  Love Cozumel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
where in mexico?

We always rent from ISIS and have stayed in small houses to all inclusive and we go at least twice a year for diving. Get off the beaten path and enjoy many local restaurants. As stated above Margarita at ISIS is good to go. Live life, don't sit on the sidelines.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Stay away.  Mexico's main sources of legitimate cash are tourism, remittances, and oil.  However, the drug trade brings in a lot of money, too.

Mexico is on its way to either becoming a failed state or a narco republic in some provinces.

Why would you want to put your family at risk?  Sure, they will tell you the resort is nice and safe.  But that is the safety of being on the correct side of the bars around the tiger cage.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok.... we booked a place in the Dominican Republic. This guy is not loosing his head
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP, this is a perfect example of the kind of person not to listen to.

Completely avoiding debating the issue of whether Calderon, leader of the PAN and former President of Mexico,  "stood before our congress and called us collectively a bunch of racists," a few basic facts cannot be disputed.

1) Calderon is no longer president. His "regime" was unseated electorally, and the PRI has retaken the presidency.

2) This happened almost three years ago.

3) Mexico's current president, Pena Nieto, has visited the US but never addressed congress. So, twistedcomrade mist have been speaking about Calderon.

4) Someone who can't grass such basic facts as who is currently running the show in Mexico is hardly qualified to offer you any advice on travel to Mexico, let alone who profits off what dirty money.

As for the security threat...

At least three times on this forum I have issued a challenge to the usual detractors.  I have asked them to post ONE article where a legit US tourist (as in not a "US citizen" with deep ties to Mexico and a suspicious travel agenda) faced a serious issue while not traveling to areas or in manners against the advise of the US State Department travel warnings.

To date, not one of these people - who are often so eager to rub my face in how wrong I am about everything about the world - has been able to do so.

I still wait.

The State Department has been very good about getting out in front of the threat.  A good example is that recent ambush of the Mexican police outside of Puerto Vallarta.  The official travel warnings started to caution against travel on the roads between Vallarta and Guadalajara over a year ago. This was the first incident of any scale, and no tourists were involved.

Read them and heed them, they are well vetted, and there are probably few - if any - other countries whose advisories get such a thorough scrutiny and vetting.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Stay away from Ciudad Acuna.  It sucks.
View Quote

Acuna was awesome 20 years ago.  It was cooler than Disney land.

Im told downtown is dead but there are still a lot of whites who go " up the hill."

I'm not going to border towns at night anymore.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top