BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 206
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They tried to Arock him on at least 3 separate occasions. He left because it was going to effect his career. He's doing very well last I heard from him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's the thread where posters were baiting him in an attempt to AROCK him and cost him his job.... All because they didn't like him (or cops in general).

They tried to Arock him on at least 3 separate occasions. He left because it was going to effect his career. He's doing very well last I heard from him.

Doc is a rock star. I talked to him about this incident the other day, I won't do details but the short version is if how he understands it happened is the conclusion of the investigation, nothing criminal happened and it's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's the thread where posters were baiting him in an attempt to AROCK him and cost him his job.... All because they didn't like him (or cops in general).

Wasn't exactly ARF's finest hour.  
View Quote

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:08:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The city also has a reputation. I'll wait until I see some evidence of what happened to the man before I decide who's responsible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's nice to see the city throw the cops under the bus before they bother with trivial details like an investigation.

It's Baltimore. Just playing the odds.

And the odds are indeed in their favor.

Quoted:
<snip>
I only caught part of that video on the news, but it appeared to me he was running from the cops at the start of all that.

If that's the case, he was actively resisting at some point in time during that situation, meaning he wouldn't fall into the category I described.

If you don't actively resist at all during an encounter you have with LE, your chances of being injured or killed are about zero.

Except perhaps in Baltimore.  That department has a reputation.

The city also has a reputation. I'll wait until I see some evidence of what happened to the man before I decide who's responsible.

Truth.  I'm not tracking this one very closely, but I have a hard time figuring out how shackling the guy's feet could possibly lead to a severed spinal cord.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Truth.  I'm not tracking this one very closely, but I have a hard time figuring out how shackling the guy's feet could possibly lead to a severed spinal cord.
View Quote

Shackle your feet, and handcuff your hands behind your back, then stand in the back of a van driving over ghetto streets.

What happens?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, it appears the DOJ has opened a criminal investigation.

Link

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well, it appears the DOJ has opened a criminal investigation.

Link

Officials and community leaders welcomed Tuesday the Justice Department's announcement that it is opening a criminal investigation into Freddie Gray's death in Baltimore police custody — an incident that continues to spark angry demonstrations.

"The Department of Justice has been monitoring the developments in Baltimore, Md., regarding the death of Freddie Gray," spokeswoman Dena Iverson said in a statement. "Based on preliminary information, the Department of Justice has officially opened this matter and is gathering information to determine whether any prosecutable civil rights violation occurred."

Well, there's reason enough for me to side with the Baltimore PD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"The new norm"

I can assure you, criminals are treated with kid gloves compared to just 10 years ago.

People who think this type of thing is "getting worse" are naive. Criminals have never been treated better by police than they are now. The public used to either not know it was going on, or they didn't care.supported it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I simply don't care anymore.  Either the public will accept that the police do this and accept it as the new norm, or the criminals will start to organize and use proper weapons and tactics for the situation they put themselves in.  Simple as that.

"The new norm"

I can assure you, criminals are treated with kid gloves compared to just 10 years ago.

People who think this type of thing is "getting worse" are naive. Criminals have never been treated better by police than they are now. The public used to either not know it was going on, or they didn't care.supported it.

FIFY.

Sheriff Andy was a nice guy to the locals.  Out of towners?  depends.  Did they know a local?  Did they fit in (race/religion/lifestyle/socio-economic level etc.)?  If yes then they were ok as long as they behaved themselves.  If no, they were getting out of town or getting their ass beat.  And that is what the locals who voted for him expected him to do.

An example: If officer friendly pulled you over, and you cracked the window and slid your shit out, he was going to tell you to roll down the window.  IF you didn't, and he was having a good day he would tell you roll it down or get an ass kicking.  A second failure to comply or a bad day for officer friendly, your car window was getting broken out, you were getting drug through it and officer friendly was going to proceed to beat your ass with a piece of hickory.  And the locals were going to tell him good job.   If you complained to the Judge he was going to tell you to shut up or get more jail time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Shackle your feet, and handcuff your hands behind your back, then stand in the back of a van driving over ghetto streets.

What happens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens?

I'd guess you fall down and get various bumps and bruises.  A normal person would learn pretty fast to sit the hell down.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:04:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd guess you fall down and get various bumps and bruises.  A normal person would learn pretty fast to sit the hell down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens?

Yep.  Zero fucks still given.
His criminal actions, his behavior during the encounter with police, his arrest...all his fault.
Standing up in a van while being transported (if this was the case).  Again all his fault.

Zero fucks still given.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lulz.."cops should be held to higher standards"  but..  "fuck cops salaries, if they don't like it they should get another job"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't care

Me either.
When your city cries for lowered hiring standards you should expect the consequences.
When people going into the police academy have to take the first day off to go down to the courthouse to clear up their warrants you have a problem.
Pay shit, hire shit, get shit.

Lulz.."cops should be held to higher standards"  but..  "fuck cops salaries, if they don't like it they should get another job"

Everyone wants the best for free.

Like of like the FSA...
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What happens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens?

Or brake checking a guy can cause this as well
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was more thinking about his butthurt over how "we didn't know what the shooting was all about we weren't there, I know the real story" stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was more thinking about his butthurt over how "we didn't know what the shooting was all about we weren't there, I know the real story" stuff.

His personality sure did change from easy going college kid to obnoxious.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Once again, someone runs from the cops and is surprised by what happens afterward.

One less piece of shit to house and feed in the jails? Fine by me. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude was working the "grizzled old hand" routine before he cashed his first paycheck. I thought that was kind of funny but never got the impression he didn't mean well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Why don't we just legally make the punishment for running from the police DEATH (at the officer's discretion)?

That way, any time a suspect who runs is brought in alive, the officer is praised for showing restraint?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why don't we just legally make the punishment for running from the police DEATH (at the officer's discretion)?

That way, any time a suspect who runs is brought in alive, the officer is praised for showing restraint?
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I love how well hysteric reporting works on people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just had a thought..........

Nah.

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men?

I love how well hysteric reporting works on people.

Hook line and sinker.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Doc is a rock star. I talked to him about this incident the other day, I won't do details but the short version is if how he understands it happened is the conclusion of the investigation, nothing criminal happened and it's not a big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if it wasn't a big deal, it still will be a big deal.  The current narrative doesn't support any other outcome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cops love chasing people. It's part of the reason why they become cops. Some of them also love beating people up, and they justify it by saying they beat the person because they made them chase them. It's a perfect storm; they get to do two things they love, and they get to blame one on the other. It's like a guy blaming his drinking on the fact that he has to watch sports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't run from the cops. If you make them chase you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them.

Cops love chasing people. It's part of the reason why they become cops. Some of them also love beating people up, and they justify it by saying they beat the person because they made them chase them. It's a perfect storm; they get to do two things they love, and they get to blame one on the other. It's like a guy blaming his drinking on the fact that he has to watch sports.

This, people, is why any head injury, no matter how small, should be checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This, people, is why any head injury, no matter how small, should be checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't run from the cops. If you make them chase you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them.

Go back to the AL piledriver thread. Blows to the heads =/= head injury and not a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cops love chasing people. It's part of the reason why they become cops.
View Quote

On foot? Fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.

This man KNOWS of what he Speaks.........
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Where was his spine severed, then? Neck? Lower down?

There's a shitload of information that is not present in all these stories. Fucking media is just stirring up trouble, again. If you don't have all the facts, demand them. If they're not available yet, wait until they are before stirring up riots. If the Baltimore PD broke this guy's back tackling him, and then put his ass into the van you mention without proper medical evaluation, fry 'em. If, on the other hand, he managed to break his fool neck in the van by himself, well... Too bad, so sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'd think that someone would bother to describe exactly how this guy's spine became "severed", in all of this.

There's a lot of room between "cops broke his back tackling him" and "subject broke his own neck while flopping around inside paddy wagon". Which was it?

Hell, according to at least one beat cop I knew from Chicago, who'd been around during the first big PCP epidemic, there was an addict who flipped out while OD'ed, and who managed to break his own back spasming while tied down to a gurney. Story backed up by another couple of cops who'd been around at the same time. Given all the designer drugs around these days, who the hell knows if this idiot didn't manage something similar?

He was able to move his neck before he went in the van.

Where was his spine severed, then? Neck? Lower down?

There's a shitload of information that is not present in all these stories. Fucking media is just stirring up trouble, again. If you don't have all the facts, demand them. If they're not available yet, wait until they are before stirring up riots. If the Baltimore PD broke this guy's back tackling him, and then put his ass into the van you mention without proper medical evaluation, fry 'em. If, on the other hand, he managed to break his fool neck in the van by himself, well... Too bad, so sad.

its funny for a lot of posters here ANYTHING the medis says is automatically suspect, ESPECIALLY if its from Certain sources...Unless of course it alleges Misconduct my Police....Then and ONLY Then are the Reporters Competent and prescient, speaking the Holy Writ itself.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You can't be serious. Do you really believe that? That's just plain silly talk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men?

The majority of the "unarmed black men" that are killed by LEO's tend to be exhibiting some form of active resistance at minimum (running away, fighting, etc.).

It would stand to reason that if you didn't do those things, your chances of being killed go down drastically (probably close to zero).

Your assertion that these men are running because they're actually afraid of being unjustly killed falls flat on it's face in the logic department.  If you don't actively resist, LEO's won't have to use physical force to subdue you.

I wonder about people who say things like this...

Do you realize things are not as simple in every community as they are in your little slice of Americana?

There is an entire history between cops and blacks that predates the cellphone video era.  In some communities, the racial tensions span decades. That's generations of people who come up being distrustful of police (and vice versa).  It's entirely possible that there are groups of people who run or fight back because they don't think they will get a fair shake no matter what happens after the cuffs go on.  Where do you think they learn the logic you are talking about?  From parents who also grew up getting profiled?  From grandparents that got sprayed with fire hoses?  Not every community has a D.A.R.E. officer that comes in weekly and chats with 4 graders.

For a long time people brushed off these stories as urban legends.  Cops planting evidence, beating the shit out of people, smashing personal property, conducting unwarranted searches.  Now that we have video available, I find it amazing that some people still refuse to believe this stuff happens.  If anything the recent videos should give some level of credence to the stories we have been hearing for years.

Ah, perhaps you grew up in a community where you never heard such things?  I can tell you growing up as an "urban yute" in NYC that this shit actually happens.  Everyday.  These videos don't even shock me.  But I do enjoy watching you guys discuss them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What happens?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What happens?

You get carjacked?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Go back to the AL piledriver thread. Blows to the heads =/= head injury and not a big deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, something happened that made Barstow post that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.

Segways!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Segways!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.

Segways!

They should just make taser long guns with scopes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do you realize things are not as simple in every community as they are in your little slice of Americana?

There is an entire history between cops and blacks that predates the cellphone video era.  In some communities, the racial tensions span decades. That's generations of people who come up being distrustful of police (and vice versa).  It entirely possible that there are groups of people who run or fight back because they don't think they will get a fair shake no matter what happens after the cuffs go on.  Where do you think they learn the logic you are talking about?  From parents who also grew up getting profiled?  From grandparents that got sprayed with fire hoses?  Not every community has a D.A.R.E. officer that comes in weekly and chats with 4 graders.

For a long time people brushed off these stories as urban legends.  Cops planting evidence, beating the shit out of people, smashing personal property, conducting unwarranted searches.  Now that we have video available, I find it amazing that some people still refuse to believe this stuff happens.  If anything the recent videos should give some level of credence to the stories we have been hearing for years.

Ah, perhaps you grew up in a community where you never heard such things?  I can tell you growing up as an "urban yute" in NYC that this shit actually happens.  Everyday.  These videos don't even shock me.  But I do enjoy watching you guys discuss them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

The majority of the "unarmed black men" that are killed by LEO's tend to be exhibiting some form of active resistance at minimum (running away, fighting, etc.).

It would stand to reason that if you didn't do those things, your chances of being killed go down drastically (probably close to zero).

Your assertion that these men are running because they're actually afraid of being unjustly killed falls flat on it's face in the logic department.  If you don't actively resist, LEO's won't have to use physical force to subdue you.

There is an entire history between cops and blacks that predates the cellphone video era.  In some communities, the racial tensions span decades. That's generations of people who come up being distrustful of police (and vice versa).  It entirely possible that there are groups of people who run or fight back because they don't think they will get a fair shake no matter what happens after the cuffs go on.  Where do you think they learn the logic you are talking about?  From parents who also grew up getting profiled?  From grandparents that got sprayed with fire hoses?  Not every community has a D.A.R.E. officer that comes in weekly and chats with 4 graders.

Everyone's looking at the cops now because it keeps them from having to address the issues in those communities that cannot be blamed on people outside those communities.

"Stop acting like animals", is not a viewpoint that helps pander for votes though.  It's hard.  It requires introspection and responsibility.

Fire every cop that ever policed the ghetto and replace them with Mr. Rogers clones and it won't fix shit.  Give the mellowest pacifist a week or two on the beat and they'll be using the language of a burnt out zookeeper too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I heard a rumor that a new movie is coming out about ghetto track and field event. It's called "Run Muffugga, Run"
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There is an entire history between cops and blacks that predates the cellphone video era.  In some communities, the racial tensions span decades. That's generations of people who come up being distrustful of police (and vice versa).  It's entirely possible that there are groups of people who run or fight back because they don't think they will get a fair shake no matter what happens after the cuffs go on.  Where do you think they learn the logic you are talking about?  From parents who also grew up getting profiled?  From grandparents that got sprayed with fire hoses?  Not every community has a D.A.R.E. officer that comes in weekly and chats with 4 graders.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

So now tell us why only certain neighborhoods where your "urban yutes" (as you put it) hang out seem to even have a need for the police?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Segways!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.

Segways!

Guy at work got a sweet disability pension due to a Segway accident.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Even if it wasn't a big deal, it still will be a big deal.  The current narrative doesn't support any other outcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. The protests will probably be riots soon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you know how much choking on spinach sucks?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Funny how earning a paycheck the hard way will do that to a fellow.  

I never had a problem with him.  The angst seemed to be entirely on the heads of the anti-LE crowd, to which he was a lightning rod due to his ZFG attitude (he was sort of like a younger Extorris  )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he changed from an easy going college kid to someone that begins to actually know how the world really is.  I even IMed him about it.  It was obvious that he was finally waking up to how the world really works. Police work can do that to you.

He was and is a fine fellow.

Funny how earning a paycheck the hard way will do that to a fellow.  

I never had a problem with him.  The angst seemed to be entirely on the heads of the anti-LE crowd, to which he was a lightning rod due to his ZFG attitude (he was sort of like a younger Extorris  )

His idealist view of the world turned on its head within months of patrolling the ghetto.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't know what happened to that guy, but i'm 100% certain his spinal injury happened before the beginning of that video.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On foot? Fuck that.

Segways!

No scope, but close enough.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

Yep, it's always the cops fault.  They planted that shit!!  You ain't got no warrant!!  I wasn't doin nuffin, dey just beat on me!!

I'm sure.  

What's funny is, almost every single one of these videos you talk about that should "give some level of credence" to their claims show a subject who is at minimum actively resisting.

Who would have thought that if you actively resist LE, they'll use force to subdue you?! It's fucking rocket surgery I tell you!

But POLICE BRUTALITY!! Sounds to me like your mindset is still a little too stuck in "urban yute" mode for you to look at anything objectively.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Could we get some streams of the protests?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to see you posting, man.  Haven't seen you in GD in a while.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Found a live feed.  Embedded in the OP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you. I've been looking since I posted that I was looking for one.

Why are there children there?

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Funny how the only thing the DOJ can investigate is possible race crimes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people that take part in protests like these never tend to be very intelligent.  That's probably the best explanation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#47]
If anybody can find any more live feeds, please post them.  I've got nothing other than the one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Did I say there was a reason for the beating that they gave that guy?  

No, I didn't.  

My comments were directed at the genius who thinks that "unarmed black men" run because they're afraid of being unjustly killed by LE, when the simple fact of the matter is, if they didn't run or actively resist, their chances of being injured or killed go down to about zero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Horse thief went face down and put his hands behind his back immediately.There was no reason for the cops to go to town beating the guy.

No, I didn't.  

My comments were directed at the genius who thinks that "unarmed black men" run because they're afraid of being unjustly killed by LE, when the simple fact of the matter is, if they didn't run or actively resist, their chances of being injured or killed go down to about zero.

It's somewhat ironic that your stock reply of "the chances of X happening are zero" are being directed towards a guy pointing out an incident of X happening.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Fuck B-more.  They should fence that shit hole off and burn it down.
View Quote

And it would look exactly the same afterward.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's somewhat ironic that your stock reply of "the chances of X happening are zero" are being directed towards a guy pointing out an incident of X happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Horse thief went face down and put his hands behind his back immediately.There was no reason for the cops to go to town beating the guy.

No, I didn't.  

It's kind of funny that you don't know what "actively resisting" means.

Here's a question for you.  Was the guy running from LE in that scenario actively resisting?

My response was based on the premise that if you don't do X, then your chances of Y are about zero.

He points out a situation where somebody does do X, and Y happens.

Reading comprehension much?  
Page / 206
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top