BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 206
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The majority of the "unarmed black men" that are killed by LEO's tend to be exhibiting some form of active resistance at minimum (running away, fighting, etc.).

It would stand to reason that if you didn't do those things, your chances of being killed go down drastically (probably close to zero).

Your assertion that these men are running because they're actually afraid of being unjustly killed falls flat on it's face in the logic department.  If you don't actively resist, LEO's won't have to use physical force to subdue you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just had a thought..........

Nah.

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men?

The majority of the "unarmed black men" that are killed by LEO's tend to be exhibiting some form of active resistance at minimum (running away, fighting, etc.).

It would stand to reason that if you didn't do those things, your chances of being killed go down drastically (probably close to zero).

Your assertion that these men are running because they're actually afraid of being unjustly killed falls flat on it's face in the logic department.  If you don't actively resist, LEO's won't have to use physical force to subdue you.

You can't be serious. Do you really believe that? That's just plain silly talk.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The horse thief tried to surrender and got his ass kicked HARD for it (not sure which race he was).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men?

The horse thief tried to surrender and got his ass kicked HARD for it (not sure which race he was).

I only caught part of that video on the news, but it appeared to me he was running from the cops at the start of all that.

If that's the case, he was actively resisting at some point in time during that situation, meaning he wouldn't fall into the category I described.

If you don't actively resist at all during an encounter you have with LE, your chances of being injured or killed are about zero.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's Baltimore. Just playing the odds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's nice to see the city throw the cops under the bus before they bother with trivial details like an investigation.

And the odds are indeed in their favor.

Quoted:
<snip>
I only caught part of that video on the news, but it appeared to me he was running from the cops at the start of all that.

If that's the case, he was actively resisting at some point in time during that situation, meaning he wouldn't fall into the category I described.

If you don't actively resist at all during an encounter you have with LE, your chances of being injured or killed are about zero.

Except perhaps in Baltimore.  That department has a reputation.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

I know, silly me.  I don't know what I was thinking.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So was he literally running for his life?

Fuck B-more.  They should fence that shit hole off and burn it down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't run from the cops. If you make them chase you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them.

So was he literally running for his life?

Fuck B-more.  They should fence that shit hole off and burn it down.

It's cool, I'm out in the burbs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am a cop in that shit hole....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in that shit hole.

Bless you dude. You're a better man than I am.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]
truth. I got a concealed carry just because I can..
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks... thinking of leaving when I get back from Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
truth. I got a concealed carry just because I can..
View Quote

Miss a quote?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you for your service. You deserve better than Baltimore.,
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#11]
All the people advocating blacks run from cops just because
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't run.
View Quote

...or run faster.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm wondering if isolated incidents there helped directors choose it as the location  for "The Wire"..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm wondering if isolated incidents there helped directors choose it as the location  for "The Wire"..

I thought they chose it because of CompStat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:32:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sympathies.

So is a childhood friend of mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear, but baltimore should be nuked from orbit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say hi to thedoctors308 for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Why did the cops ignore that Doctors diagnosis in that video?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#20]
My hometown.  Man I need to move.  Prepping for the upcoming protest riots.
Plus there is no way that an ordinary citizen can get a carry permit in Maryland.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

Nice edit sparky.

If you don't run from Cops, they won't chase you.
If you aren't running, and they aren't chasing, guns are less likely to be drawn.
Also, stuff like you being tackled by multiple LE, breaking things, won't happen.

Fighting or running from LE is a conscious decision, one that carries consequences, whether YOU like it or not.

Or you could just try not committing crimes.....

Therefore......my "Nah".
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I was a black man in Baltimore I might have been running as well.

Free

View All Quotes
Quoted:
If I was a black man in Baltimore I might have been running as well.

Free

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

All the way to another state.

Choices.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

That was bad juju.

Officers should stand tall before the man.

However, see part in red.........

Choices.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:10:03 PM EDT
[#24]

I miss McNulty.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's nice to see the city throw the cops under the bus before they bother with trivial details like an investigation.

Quoted:
<snip>

The city also has a reputation. I'll wait until I see some evidence of what happened to the man before I decide who's responsible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is exactly right. The media is starting to give people the illusion that running is an acceptable thing to do because if something bad happens when you're caught the media will blame the police.

When someone runs they take what might be a minor charge and amplify it with an additional charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't run from the cops. If you make them chase you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them.

This is exactly right. The media is starting to give people the illusion that running is an acceptable thing to do because if something bad happens when you're caught the media will blame the police.

When someone runs they take what might be a minor charge and amplify it with an additional charge.

Or get their back broken being tackled and die right there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

People do stupid things under stress/duress. If a cop can't handle and accept that, he needs to look at a job that doesn't deal with chasing criminals.

....we can't, as a society, allow police to be able to shrug their shoulders and say "he was running/resisting, and his neck got broke", then shrug and say "it happens"
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I simply don't care anymore.  Either the public will accept that the police do this and accept it as the new norm, or the criminals will start to organize and use proper weapons and tactics for the situation they put themselves in.  Simple as that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

According to the GDtard experts, all the police do all day long is drive around (on taxpayers gas money) looking for people to kill.  Of course this is between the times they are driving around looking to violate rights and do gun confiscations for the democrats.  

So, according to GD, its always OK to run from the police because all they want to do is kill you anyway.  Just cuz.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

People do stupid things under stress/duress. If a cop can't handle and accept that, he needs to look at a job that doesn't deal with chasing criminals.

....we can't, as a society, allow police to be able to shrug their shoulders and say "he was running/resisting, and his neck got broke", then shrug and say "it happens"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

It does happen.

If we can't accept that sometimes the dude that died, died because he was a dumbass, good luck finding GOOD officers.

You'll end up with the force many claim we already have.

Assuming every time there's an injury, barring evidence, that impropriety was involved, is a dangerous game to play.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The creator and writer for The Wire, David Simon, was a beat reporter in Baltimore for 12 years, covering the drug trade, homicides, political corruption, etc.

He wrote the series using his real life experience as the primary material.

Makes the show that much more interesting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men who violently resist arrest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

What? That he was fleeing because cops in this country have a habit of killing unarmed black men who violently resist arrest?

Fixed for accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I simply don't care anymore.  Either the public will accept that the police do this and accept it as the new norm, or the criminals will start to organize and use proper weapons and tactics for the situation they put themselves in.  Simple as that.
View Quote

Or the criminals could, you know, comply and not resist. Then, we wouldn't need to worry about cops using the wrong force, or spend millions of dollars a year on body cameras. Everything would be simple. But yeah, let's suggest that the criminals should one up the cops, that's fucking brilliant.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he's currently somewhere safe, Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It does happen.

If we can't accept that sometimes the dude that died, died because he was a dumbass, good luck finding GOOD officers.

Assuming every time there's an injury, barring evidence, that impropriety was involved, is a dangerous game to play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

It does happen.

Impropriety or Incompetence?

at the end of the day, this dude's neck was broken by a failure in the work those officers did. Whether it was willful brutality, getting caught up in the adrenalin of the chase, or poorly applied technique, the result is the same.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The cops are part of the reason it is a shit hole.  Guess you wouldnt believe many of the drug dealers (suppliers) in Baltimore are cops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cops are part of the reason it is a shit hole.  Guess you wouldnt believe many of the drug dealers (suppliers) in Baltimore are cops.

You have proof of that, right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Or the criminals could, you know, comply and not resist. Then, we wouldn't need to worry about cops using the wrong force, or spend millions of dollars a year on body cameras. Everything would be simple. But yeah, let's suggest that the criminals should one up the cops, that's fucking brilliant.
View Quote

Never going to happen, which is why I didn't include it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
at the end of the day, this dude's neck was broken by a failure in the work those officers did. Whether it was willful brutality, getting caught up in the adrenalin of the chase, or poorly applied technique, the result is the same.
View Quote

You know this how?  

What if dumbass fell and broke his neck and that's how the cops caught up to him?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

BTW, I give you a lot of credit for holding off until there is more than the family lawyer's accusations; though I wish you wouldn't phrase it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd been sitting on this one until they had a few days to get their story straight.

BTW, I give you a lot of credit for holding off until there is more than the family lawyer's accusations; though I wish you wouldn't phrase it that way.

Come on. It's Baltimore.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You know this how?  

What if dumbass fell and broke his neck and that's how the cops caught up to him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know this how?  

He knows that's not how it happened.  The news station implied it was the cop's fault, and he agrees, if the cops are involved, they're at fault.  Duh.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I love how well hysteric reporting works on people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

I love how well hysteric reporting works on people.

13'er being a 13'er
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah.

The Horse thief went face down and put his hands behind his back immediately.There was no reason for the cops to go to town beating the guy.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The Horse thief went face down and put his hands behind his back immediately.There was no reason for the cops to go to town beating the guy.

View Quote

Did I say there was a reason for the beating that they gave that guy?  

No, I didn't.  

My comments were directed at the genius who thinks that "unarmed black men" run because they're afraid of being unjustly killed by LE, when the simple fact of the matter is, if they didn't run or actively resist, their chances of being injured or killed go down to about zero.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#47]
With the way cops land on suspects that are prone on the ground, it doesn't surprise me that more knee's don't injure or severe spines. Especially c-spine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I used to work for the Baltimore City Solicitor's office.  One of my cases had me stay at busy (read "the hood") fire stations on the busy days (when the checks hit).  The police would often bring their breakfasts, lunches and dinners and eat them in the firehouse.  I will never forget the look of relief on the officers' faces when they made it into the fire stations.  The only thing I can imagine was it was like patrols coming back "in the wire" after a firefight.  I used to know some city cops.  Most of them were regular guys.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're forgetting the BEST reason: because they can.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Not even Mike Rowe can clean up that shit hole.
Page / 206
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top