Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 206
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have to.  Their lawyer already admitted to it.
Not true
Completely irrelevant.  Repeatedly violating a policy does not make you exempt from it.
Completely relevant to your claim
Bull shit.  The post of mine that I quoted, stating that it was my opinion was the fist post I made on the subject.  It was the very first thing that I said.  Please show me where I stated it as fact that they would be convicted.
This is a discussion forum.  I stated my opinion for discussion.  If you disagree, that's fine.  Just quit with the boot licking.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot prove there was negligence, or that they negligently failed to perform a legal duty.

Not true

You do not know what happened in that truck. You do not know how many times

they did the same thing and the results of the same.

Completely irrelevant.  Repeatedly violating a policy does not make you exempt from it.

Now you are claiming in YOUR OPINION that a LEO will be convicted and earlier you

spewed bs that it is fact.

Bull shit.  The post of mine that I quoted, stating that it was my opinion was the fist post I made on the subject.  It was the very first thing that I said.  Please show me where I stated it as fact that they would be convicted.
This is a discussion forum.  I stated my opinion for discussion.  If you disagree, that's fine.  Just quit with the boot licking.  

Quoted:
It
is common knowledge that he was not strapped in, and that it was a
violation of policy.  I believe that the cop union attorney confirmed
it. The cops are responsible for the well-being of their prisoner.  
They f'ed up.

There you are stating as fact the LEOs f'ed up and we do not know that

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bazinga!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
im under the assumption that the "policy" aabou seatbelts was only a few weeks old, and that most of the prisoner transport vans in the city didnt have seatbelts anyways.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Bazinga!

That is apparently true.  Good.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-seatbelts-police-vans-20150508-story.html#page=1
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is common knowledge that he was not strapped in, and that it was a violation of policy.  I believe that the cop union attorney confirmed it. The cops are responsible for the well-being of their prisoner.  They f'ed up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You cannot prove there was negligence, or that they negligently failed to perform a legal duty.

Not true

You do not know what happened in that truck. You do not know how many times
they did the same thing and the results of the same.

Now you are claiming in YOUR OPINION that a LEO will be convicted and earlier you
spewed bs that it is fact.

Quoted:

It is common knowledge that he was not strapped in, and that it was a violation of policy.  I believe that the cop union attorney confirmed it. The cops are responsible for the well-being of their prisoner.  They f'ed up.

According to the information that I had (which I stated from the start, was limited), they did.  Fortunately, it now seems otherwise.  However, saying that the f'ed up is a far cry from stating as fact that they would be convicted.  Violating your company policy = fucking up.  Dude, give it a rest.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
According to the information that I had (which I stated from the start, was limited), they did.  Fortunately, it now seems otherwise.  However, saying that the f'ed up is a far cry from stating as fact that they would be convicted.  Violating your company policy = fucking up.  Dude, give it a rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What ever you say even though you making claims you cannot back up.

Hopefully the truth will come out and we will all know that took place.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never "claimed" anything.  I stated my own opinion.  Stop making things up.

Hopefully, the truth will come out.  It's going to be a great show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You keep claiming the LEOs F'ed up and we do not know this.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bazinga!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

im under the assumption that the "policy" aabou seatbelts was only a few weeks old, and that most of the prisoner transport vans in the city didnt have seatbelts anyways.

Bazinga!

Wasn't there info that said while the new policy was in place, it hadn't been communicated to the field yet?

And haven't Baltimore PD been transporting arrestee's in similar vans for, oh, 100 years, without seatbelts?

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:16:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't make that claim.  I repeated it.  It now appears, based on information that neither of us had, that they didn't.  You really struggle with reading comprehension, don't you?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:17:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If it can be shown that he would not have sustained the fatal injury had he been strapped in, that would be manslaughter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This whole mess will be proven false in a real court of law. Mosby is making it up as she goes along

I'm afraid not.  Not all of it.  A man died, and they violated policy by not strapping him in.  Had they done so, he probably wouldn't have died.  There will be no escaping that.

Maybe but a policy violation is not criminal it's administrative.

If it can be shown that he would not have sustained the fatal injury had he been strapped in, that would be manslaughter.

And IF frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ass when they hop.  Good luck proving that as a fact, as opposed to conjecture.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Never heard of the term criminal negligence?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wasn't there info that said while the new policy was in place, it hadn't been communicated to the field yet?

And haven't Baltimore PD been transporting arrestee's in similar vans for, oh, 100 years, without seatbelts?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bazinga!

Yes, I just heard that for the first time.  I looked it up and posted a link above.  That information was not in the initial reports.  It was only reported, and confirmed by their attorney that they had violated policy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<snip>

Facts as we know them that are not in dispute:

A man died from a broken neck, suffered in the back of the van.

Police policy required him to be strapped in.

The police violated that policy.

"Generally, under the common law in Maryland, involuntary manslaughter is the killing of another unintentionally while doing an unlawful act (not a felony), a negligent act, or by negligently failing to perform a legal duty.

My UNINFORMED OPINION is that one or more cop will be convicted of at least Involuntary Manslaughter, based on this information.

Please show me the spewed bullshit in my posts.  
View Quote

You've obviously never had to conduct a legal investigation.  Your first line (that I colored in blue/red) is two separate findings of fact.  Except neither is an established fact (yet, and maybe won't be at all) - see below.

We'll see.  Interesting that the SA is not releasing the autopsy, which may show some other COD...

The red part is not a fact, it's conjecture.  If you have a method of proving that as fact, the SA would probably love to talk with you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I didn't make that claim.  I repeated it.  It now appears, based on information that neither of us had, that they didn't.  You really struggle with reading comprehension, don't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I already quoted where you said it. You are the one with issues.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:I already quoted where you said it. You are the one with issues.    
View Quote

Wow, whatever dude.  Freddie Gray is dead.  Is that me making a claim, or just repeating what someone else said?  I have no first hand knowledge of it, so I'm relying on information from other people, just like when I said the cops fucked up.  A claim is an assertion of fact.  In my very first sentence, I said that it was my UNINFORMED opinion, the main point that you can't seem to comprehend.  I've already said that the information that my opinion was based on was incorrect.  But if you want to claim victory on that irrelevant point after all the other stupid shit you've said, you go right ahead.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So you have a BPD van driving down 34 blocks like one of the Key Stone Cops was at the wheel. Yet we have not heard from one witness coming forward saying they saw such a sight.

A van driven so wildly that it snapped a man's neck, yet not one person noticed it? No one got video of it careening from lane to lane?

Is it possible? Yes. I think the SA what's a gag order on things because the case isn't going the way she thought it would. And with the memo that has leaked about her sending the Police in the 'high crime/drug area' and to make arrest, I think she's done for.

Ed
View Quote

conservative treehouse has an article with what they claim is audio from police and ems dispatch from that day. it sounds like instead of a 34 block rough ride, much of the driving around was musical chairs, ie trying to meet up with an ems unit that kept getting delayed and dispatched to other locations.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And that should be a civil issue not a criminal problem.

If I shoot a bad guy with my new Glock that I have qualed with yet, that would be a policy issue not a criminal issue. A policy violation does not turn a good shoot into a criminal charge.
View Quote

As soon as I heard that rabid racist would not release the autopsy report, I knew the fix was in.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I shoot a bad guy with my new Glock that I have qualed with yet, that would be a policy issue not a criminal issue. A policy violation does not turn a good shoot into a criminal charge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This whole mess will be proven false in a real court of law. Mosby is making it up as she goes along

I'm afraid not.  Not all of it.  A man died, and they violated policy by not strapping him in.  Had they done so, he probably wouldn't have died.  There will be no escaping that.

It now seems moot, since it would appear that a policy violation is not an issue.  But for the sake of conversation on your point, it seems to me that it would be a criminal issue if the policy violation directly resulted in someone's death.  I agree with you in your Glock example, but your lack of qualifying didn't cause the death, and this was not a good shoot.  What if you were on a run and failed to use due caution at an intersection and killed someone?  There was a cop charged for that here some time ago.  The policy violation would only serve to support the case for negligence.

The definition I posted earlier...
"Generally, under the common law in Maryland, involuntary manslaughter is the killing of another unintentionally while doing an unlawful act (not a felony), a negligent act, or by negligently failing to perform a legal duty."

If, in fact, they had been required to strap him in, and he died because he bashed his head against the ceiling, that would seem to my non-lawyer brain to fall under this definition.

Again, this is a hypothetical question for the sake of conversation.  The point was made early in the investigation that he was not strapped in, so I would guess that this is where they were going with it, and may yet, if the van had seat belts.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

We know this is a fact?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We know this is a fact?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know this is a fact?

In the context of the conversation you quoted, it was not in dispute, and I said' "Facts as we know them".  RIF.  If you want to split hairs, we don't know for a fact that he is actually dead.

ETA:  For what it's worth, true or not, initial reports from the investigation stated that he was injured in the van.  I have not heard any dispute to that claim.  There was even a report that a dent in his head matched a bolt on the van.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I think her trying to get a gag order in place before the defense attorneys get the autopsy report is very telling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As soon as I heard that rabid racist would not release the autopsy report, I knew the fix was in.

I think her trying to get a gag order in place before the defense attorneys get the autopsy report is very telling.

I urge all law abiding citizens that are in or near Baltimore to arm themselves
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Wow, whatever dude.  Freddie Gray is dead.  Is that me making a claim, or just repeating what someone else said?  I have no first hand knowledge of it, so I'm relying on information from other people, just like when I said the cops fucked up.  A claim is an assertion of fact.  In my very first sentence, I said that it was my UNINFORMED opinion, the main point that you can't seem to comprehend.  I've already said that the information that my opinion was based on was incorrect.  But if you want to claim victory on that irrelevant point after all the other stupid shit you've said, you go right ahead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:I already quoted where you said it. You are the one with issues.    

I just copied that from somewhere else.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Prosecutors say attempts to remove Mosby from Freddie Gray case 'distort facts'

Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby is seeking a protective order that would prevent attorneys for six police officers charged in the Freddie Gray arrest and death from sharing his autopsy and other evidence in the case. (Algerina Perna / Baltimore Sun)
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Ed
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Ed
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Ed

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.mediaite.com/online/leaked-autopsy-report-reveals-freddie-grays-cause-of-death/

The Baltimore Sun has obtained a leaked copy of Freddie Gray’s
autopsy report and according to the Maryland state medical examiner’s
office he was most likely killed during a "sudden deceleration” of the
police van in which he was riding.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/leaked-autopsy-report-reveals-freddie-grays-cause-of-death/

The Baltimore Sun has obtained a leaked copy of Freddie Gray’s autopsy report and according to the Maryland state medical examiner’s office he was most likely killed during a "sudden deceleration” of the police van in which he was riding.
View Quote
Wouldn't that make Mosby's case more compelling?  Short of it threatening her legal tactics, why would she want that information contained?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Make it sound like the van was going 80 and slammed on the brakes
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except he hit the back of the van so if it slammed on the brakes, wouldn't he go forward?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Except he hit the back of the van so if it slammed on the brakes, wouldn't he go forward?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While on his stomach he'd probably nudge his head. What was he doing standing up? If he was so severely injured he couldnt walk to the van under his own power and needed an amberlamps when he was arrested?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Wouldn't that make Mosby's case more compelling?  Short of it threatening her legal tactics, why would she want that information contained?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Baltimore Sun has obtained a leaked copy of Freddie Gray’s autopsy report and according to the Maryland state medical examiner’s office he was most likely killed during a "sudden deceleration” of the police van in which he was riding.
Most likely seems like a LARGE step from beyond a reasonable doubt

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Cameras in the back of Paddy Wagons?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stood up when the van was stopped at a red light.  Then got thrown rearward into the back of the van when the light turned green and the van accelerated.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
freddie Gray suffered a single "high-energy injury" — like those seen in shallow-water diving incidents — most likely caused when the police van in which he was riding suddenly decelerated, according to a copy of the autopsy report obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The state medical examiner's office concluded that Gray's death could not be ruled an accident, and was instead a homicide, because officers failed to follow safety procedures"through acts of omission."

Though Gray was loaded into the van on his belly, the medical examiner surmised that he may have gotten to his feet and was thrown into the wall during an abrupt change in direction. He was not belted in, but his wrists and ankles were shackled, making him "at risk for an unsupported fall during acceleration or deceleration of the van."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-autopsy-20150623-story.html#page=1

Wow.
View Quote

lol, in other words he has no idea (until Mosby came along to help write the report).
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]

“The unrest had nothing to do with my decision to charge,” says Mosby. “I just followed where the facts led.”
View Quote

Mosby love fest from Vogue magazine
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
BALTIMORE — More Baltimore police officers likely face arrest as the result of reforms in a scandal-ridden department that requires "wholesale change," Commissioner Anthony W. Batts wrote in a wide-ranging opinion piece published in The Baltimore Sun.

"Our reform efforts will very likely see more police officers arrested," Batts wrote. "We will have more officers who are forced out because their outdated, outmoded views of policing do not match the standards the community expects and demands."

http://www.policeone.com/officer-misconduct-internal-affairs/articles/8575506-Batts-More-Baltimore-cops-likely-to-be-arrested-forced-out-as-result-of-reforms/?utm_source=8574287&utm_medium=email&utm_content=TopNewsRight3Title&utm_campaign=P1Member&nlid=8574287

Wow.
View Quote

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.  It's the PD they want.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
freddie Gray suffered a single "high-energy injury" — like those seen in shallow-water diving incidents — most likely caused when the police van in which he was riding suddenly decelerated, according to a copy of the autopsy report obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The state medical examiner's office concluded that Gray's death could not be ruled an accident, and was instead a homicide, because officers failed to follow safety procedures "through acts of omission."

Though Gray was loaded into the van on his belly, the medical examiner surmised that he may have gotten to his feet and was thrown into the wall during an abrupt change in direction. He was not belted in, but his wrists and ankles were shackled, making him "at risk for an unsupported fall during acceleration or deceleration of the van."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-autopsy-20150623-story.html#page=1

Wow.
View Quote

What a joke and no toxicology results?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

lol, in other words he has no idea (until Mosby came along to help write the report).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state medical examiner's office concluded that Gray's death could not be ruled an accident, and was instead a homicide, because officers failed to follow safety procedures"through acts of omission."

Wow.

Who wants to take bets that the ME and Mosby know each other and dare I say, perhaps friends?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:50:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BALTIMORE — More Baltimore police officers likely face arrest as the result of reforms in a scandal-ridden department that requires "wholesale change," Commissioner Anthony W. Batts wrote in a wide-ranging opinion piece published in The Baltimore Sun.

"Our reform efforts will very likely see more police officers arrested," Batts wrote. "We will have more officers who are forced out because their outdated, outmoded views of policing do not match the standards the community expects and demands."

http://www.policeone.com/officer-misconduct-internal-affairs/articles/8575506-Batts-More-Baltimore-cops-likely-to-be-arrested-forced-out-as-result-of-reforms/?utm_source=8574287&utm_medium=email&utm_content=TopNewsRight3Title&utm_campaign=P1Member&nlid=8574287

Wow.
View Quote

"Wow" is right.  They're going full bore on these people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state medical examiner's office concluded that Gray's death could not be ruled an accident, and was instead a homicide, because officers failed to follow safety procedures "through acts of omission."

Wow.

Gray tested positive for opiates and cannabinoid when he was admitted to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, according to the autopsy. The report makes no further reference to the drugs found in his system.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Stood up when the van was stopped at a red light.  Then got thrown rearward into the back of the van when the light turned green and the van accelerated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that's the case, it wouldn't have taken much acceleration at all to create the force when paired with his own falling weight. Like he wasn't on a nickel ride at all, just a dipshit who wouldn't sit the fuck down and paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

They did that in Camden.

The results are excessive force claims a through the roof.
Page / 206
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top