Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two Baltimore City Jail Correctional Officers Caught On Video Looting A 7-11

Two correctional officers who work at the Baltimore City jail were suspended without pay Wednesday after video emerged showing them looting a 7-11 store during last month’s riots.

Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard were charged with theft and two counts of burglary, according to a statement released by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS).

Investigators DPSCS and with the Intelligence and Investigative Division responded to a tip that the pair had joined in looting a closed 7-11 convenience store near downtown Baltimore on April 25. That was the first day of major unrest following the April 19 death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray.

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/baltimoremugs.jpg

The vast majority of female correctional officers in Maryland are in the job because it allows them to see their baby daddy every day.
Seriously. There is no prohibition on a guard knowing or being related to a prisoner in their facility.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The vast majority of female correctional officers in Maryland are in the job because it allows them to see their baby daddy every day.
Seriously. There is no prohibition on a guard knowing or being related to a prisoner in their facility.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two correctional officers who work at the Baltimore City jail were suspended without pay Wednesday after video emerged showing them looting a 7-11 store during last month’s riots.

Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard were charged with theft and two counts of burglary, according to a statement released by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS).

Investigators DPSCS and with the Intelligence and Investigative Division responded to a tip that the pair had joined in looting a closed 7-11 convenience store near downtown Baltimore on April 25. That was the first day of major unrest following the April 19 death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray.

Kharn

That is fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Do you all forget the little detail last year about the Baltimore correction guards busted for smuggling goods in for the prisoners and fucking them? one 4 were knocked up by an inmate...

baltimore prison corruption
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Seeks Gag Order

BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore prosecutors are seeking a gag order as they pursue a criminal case against six city officers in the case of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old man who died a week after suffering a spinal injury while in police custody.

A court document that references the gag order, obtained by The Associated Press, is dated Wednesday. Assistant State’s Attorney Antonio Gioia wrote that the gag order motion was mailed to defense attorneys.

Rochelle Ritchie, a spokeswoman for State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby, confirmed Friday the office is seeking a gag order. She declined to provide further details.

In a joint statement issued Friday, the defense attorneys said it is “imperative that the public understand the facts and the law beyond the bald allegations publicized by Ms. Mosby.” The charges, the attorneys said, “have yet to be supported by a single piece of evidence. We have made one simple repeated request: Show us the evidence.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:09:36 AM EDT
[#8]
This is what we get.

Think about it.

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Page 200
View Quote

No edit.

You guys count the posts or something?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No edit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 200

No edit.

He's a bot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
He's a bot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Page 200

No edit.

He's a bot.
Actually he is a wizzard

BTW i just counted and this is post 9961
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No edit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 200

No edit.

You've been here for eight years and you don't know how to coordinate page ownership without an edit?

Just askin'.

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You've been here for eight years and you don't know how to coordinate page ownership without an edit?

Just askin'.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 200

No edit.

Just askin'.

I catch on slow.......
On the flip side I can't remember crap.

Wait....
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I catch on slow.......

Wait....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 200

No edit.

Just askin'.

I catch on slow.......

Wait....

That's OK, I didn't know either until ONE day it clicked!

NOW I know the secret!

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Page 200
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Marilyn Mosby Now Says Freddie Gray’s Knife Isn’t Important To Case Against 6 Baltimore Cop

During her press conference, Mosby stated that Gray was illegally arrested and that his knife was “legal under Maryland law.”

But in a May 8 motion for dismissal and recusal, attorneys for the officers disputed Mosby’s knife claim. They argued that while Gray’s “spring-action” knife was legal in Maryland, it was illegal in Baltimore.

In his response, Schatzow disputed the notion that Mosby argued that the legality of Gray’s arrest hinges on the knife.

Instead, he asserted that the statement of probable cause against the officers “makes clear that Mr. Gray was arrested well before the arresting officers knew he possessed a knife.”

“Mr. Gray was handcuffed at his surrendering location, moved a few feet away, and placed in a prone position with his arms handcuffed behind his back, all before the arresting officers found the knife,” Schatzow stated.

In the scathing rebuttal, Schatzow claimed that the attorneys’ motion “bounces from one ridiculous allegation to another, like a pinball on a machine far past ‘TILT.'”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy fucking shit, the Baltimore mayor is a fucking deluded moron.  

Linky

"We've seen what has happened in other jurisdictions that have had an immediate militarized response to public unrest, and we have seen how that has led to days and days of looting and unrest.  What we saw in Baltimore was much different." Rawlings-Blake told reporters.

The mayor noted the rioting that followed the death of Freddie Gray didn't lat long compared to similar unrest in other cities.

"I'm sure that there are many cities that have experienced rioting, looting and unrest that would have loved to have had a few hours of unrest that we had here in Baltimore.  Because of the decisions. I made were able to contain that for a short amount of time, and because of that, we are able to put ourselves sin the best position to recover," the mayor added.  
View Quote

That dumb cunt's stand down orders to LE on the first day were not the reason the rioting was quelled so quickly.  The activation of the NG within 24-48 hrs is what did that.  I would call that the epitome of "militarized police."  
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Everything's a-ok in Baltimore these days.
Except my wife's coworker got robbed at gunpoint at 5am today...

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

In other words, just your average normal day in The Bodiemore

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
I see they're having a bit of a crime wave there the last few weeks.  One district already has more homicides this year than it did in 2014.  5 people were shot in one incident tonight.  I guess this is what the people wanted.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I see they're having a bit of a crime wave there the last few weeks.  One district already has more homicides this year than it did in 2014.  5 people were shot in one incident tonight.  I guess this is what the people wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Shawn Hannity said on his show today it was because cops are afraid of being prosecuted for stopping crime. I'm starting to think that guy is a racist.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#23]
In on 200.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

And for the last month:

--Murders UP 40%
--Shootings UP 60%

compared to same period in 2014.

Great job, there"Mayor."
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Page 200

Nice
Way better if you post a pic with the page number in it

ETA like this

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Batts: Police having trouble policing West Baltimore

Police are struggling to stop violence in West Baltimore, where officers have been routinely surrounded by dozens of people, video cameras and hostility while doing basic police work since the death of Freddie Gray, Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said Wednesday.

The Western District, the site of Gray's arrest and the epicenter of the protests and rioting that followed his death, has seen the majority of the city's recent shootings and homicides, which are coming faster than they have in eight years.

In response, Batts said, police are taking measures to re-establish relationships with West Baltimore neighborhoods still angry over Gray's death April 19, Batts said.

Police have sent in commanders from other districts with experience and contacts in West Baltimore. Backup officers are being sent to routine calls to help protect officers.

"Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them," Batts said. "We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work, which says we have to work on community engagement."

At least 19 people were shot Tuesday and Wednesday, pushing the city's nonfatal shootings more than 70 percent above the count at the same point last year. Baltimore's 98 homicides this year are 42 percent higher than the same time last year.

In the Western District — an area of three square miles — 22 people have been killed this year, compared with 21 all of last year. Nonfatal shootings in West Baltimore are up 175 percent, according to the latest police data

Batts said police are trying to investigate killings in West Baltimore, but have been slowed by the large crowds that often surround them.

"It makes it very difficult to follow up on violence that takes place there," he said. "Clearly, they're not holding back. They're getting to those locations and getting surrounded. You have many citizens with hand-held cameras that they're sticking in the faces of officers, an inch off the officer's face."
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Police are struggling to stop violence in West Baltimore, where officers have been routinely surrounded by dozens of people, video cameras and hostility while doing basic police work since the death of Freddie Gray, Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said Wednesday.

The Western District, the site of Gray's arrest and the epicenter of the protests and rioting that followed his death, has seen the majority of the city's recent shootings and homicides, which are coming faster than they have in eight years.

In response, Batts said, police are taking measures to re-establish relationships with West Baltimore neighborhoods still angry over Gray's death April 19, Batts said.

Police have sent in commanders from other districts with experience and contacts in West Baltimore. Backup officers are being sent to routine calls to help protect officers.

"Officers tell me and their supervisors, any time they pull up to respond to a call, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them," Batts said. "We have to send in multiple units just to do basic police work, which says we have to work on community engagement."

At least 19 people were shot Tuesday and Wednesday, pushing the city's nonfatal shootings more than 70 percent above the count at the same point last year. Baltimore's 98 homicides this year are 42 percent higher than the same time last year.

In the Western District — an area of three square miles — 22 people have been killed this year, compared with 21 all of last year. Nonfatal shootings in West Baltimore are up 175 percent, according to the latest police data

Batts said police are trying to investigate killings in West Baltimore, but have been slowed by the large crowds that often surround them.

"It makes it very difficult to follow up on violence that takes place there," he said. "Clearly, they're not holding back. They're getting to those locations and getting surrounded. You have many citizens with hand-held cameras that they're sticking in the faces of officers, an inch off the officer's face."

So they are doubling down on the failed, soft, "un-militarized" approached that served to enable the hordes of lawless crooks...

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So, they are going back to the good ol days of policing that I hear so many people want?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And for the last month:

--Murders UP 40%

--Shootings UP 60%

Great job, there"Mayor."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

And for the last month:

--Murders UP 40%

--Shootings UP 60%

Great job, there"Mayor."

Well, there are people who want to shoot other people.  The mayor decided to give them space to do that.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#30]
At least 19 people were shot across the city Tuesday and Wednesday, three of them fatally.
View Quote

Proves no one cares except when police are involved in the equation.

When police try to investigate the shootings, black residents attack the police.

Police Commission Anthony W. Batts told reporters Wednesday that officers trying to investigate violence in the Western District have been surrounded by crowds of hostile, cellphone video-recording residents.
View Quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-shootings-20150520-story.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ETA like this

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMYrjnRbRiXpgqkRllFVmxhI1Wa9ZFloCUNUo5tYZyUXTu9E_Q

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Page 200

Nice

ETA like this

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMYrjnRbRiXpgqkRllFVmxhI1Wa9ZFloCUNUo5tYZyUXTu9E_Q

Do something like that for page 300  
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-batts-speaks-20150520-story.html#page=1
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Seeks Gag Order

BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore prosecutors are seeking a gag order as they pursue a criminal case against six city officers in the case of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old man who died a week after suffering a spinal injury while in police custody.

A court document that references the gag order, obtained by The Associated Press, is dated Wednesday. Assistant State’s Attorney Antonio Gioia wrote that the gag order motion was mailed to defense attorneys.

Rochelle Ritchie, a spokeswoman for State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby, confirmed Friday the office is seeking a gag order. She declined to provide further details.

In a joint statement issued Friday, the defense attorneys said it is “imperative that the public understand the facts and the law beyond the bald allegations publicized by Ms. Mosby.” The charges, the attorneys said, “have yet to be supported by a single piece of evidence. We have made one simple repeated request: Show us the evidence.”

So prosecutors want a gag order, yet it's their side at the podium constantly stating it was an illegal arrest, etc.? Fucking retarded, Moby bitch needs to be fired and sued.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#34]
This is what they want - no police.  Soon there will be protests demanding police "do their job".  That city and especially that mayor are fucked in the head.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I just watched the press conference announcing the indictments.

Jesus the states attorney is like an angry thug herself.  She just barked and talked in an unprofessional tone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This is what they want - no police.  Soon there will be protests demanding "Federal Police".  That city and especially that mayor are fucked in the head.
View Quote

FFY
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#38]
DEVELOPING: The state's attorney in Baltimore says all six officers charged in the police-custody death of Freddie Gray have been indicted by a grand jury.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/21/officers-indicted-in-death-freddie-gray/
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jesus the states attorney is like an angry thug herself.  She just barked and talked in an unprofessional tone.
View Quote

Agreed, it's pathetic.

Here are the charges.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Just askin'.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Page 200

No edit.

Just askin'.

I have no clue... for me it is random luck

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed, it's pathetic.

Here are the charges.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFjzMluW0AAwWdM.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, it's pathetic.

Here are the charges.

What a crock of shit. I am sure the jury was stacked in favor of the prosecutors office I bet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What a crock of shit. I am sure the jury was stacked in favor of the prosecutors office I bet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, it's pathetic.

Here are the charges.

not to worry, I'm positive that they'll get a really fair and impartial jury and they'll win their case.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh look a camera

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Oh look a camera

http://youtu.be/LTAeqgvNx1A

View Quote

LOL He deserves an Oscar
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh look a camera

http://youtu.be/LTAeqgvNx1A

View Quote

what a douche.............
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

not to worry, I'm positive that they'll get a really fair and impartial jury and they'll win their case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, it's pathetic.

Here are the charges.

If i were the defense, I would  get the trial moved out of Baltimore.  I'm more than certain those indictments were in fear of more riots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Community engagement?  Screw that!  Stay out of the area.  Let their dead lay in the streets and rot!  Police officers don't need to put up with being surrounded when they are trying to do their job.  Let disease and pestilence take over their community from the maggot infested corpses!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-ci-batts-speaks-20150520-story.html#page=1

Community engagement?  Screw that!  Stay out of the area.  Let their dead lay in the streets and rot!  Police officers don't need to put up with being surrounded when they are trying to do their job.  Let disease and pestilence take over their community from the maggot infested corpses!  

Big fan of this!  Second the motion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#49]
this is going to be a good summer in Baltimore.

Watch how business drops in the city.

Who the fuck wants to go to the harbor or downtown to do anything.

Shut it down.  Hopefully businesses shut down and move back out.  

They spent years trying to build back up the harbor...  Lets see if it goes under in 1 summer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"It's hard to arrest anyone when not even the black officers will get out of the car" is what I've heard.

Kharn
Page / 206
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top