Site Notices
Page / 206
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait...so the coroner made his report, then the DA reviewed his report and made him change the cause of death to a homicide.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wait...so the coroner made his report, then the DA reviewed his report and made him change the cause of death to a homicide.

If it turns out that she pulled these charges out of her ass I hope those 6 cops sue the fuck out of her and the department.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If it turns out that she pulled these charges out of her ass I hope those 6 cops sue the fuck out of her and the department.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they try and get her disbarred
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen. Look at Angela Corey with zman.

I mean if they can't get their justice with all blacks in the chain of command then the system is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
When the charges are thrown out Burnitmore will explode. I hope their worthless DA is thrown out on her ass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When the charges are thrown Burnitmore will explode. I hope their worthless DA is thrown out on her ass.
View Quote

You're a funny guy she will be the woman who stood up to the man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]

I mean if they can't get their justice with all blacks in the chain of command then the system is wrong.
View Quote

going out on a limb here, maybe justice is being done............
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When the charges are thrown out Burnitmore will explode. I hope their worthless DA is thrown out on her ass.
View Quote

You're looking at the next next SCOTUS associate justice when Ruth Ginsberg retires .
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill settle for the city to burn.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that will work, have the rest of the country pay of the reconstruction.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

At least itll create jobs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not as if any of the residents of Baltimore will do any of the work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck you! They'll run into NY!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baltimore is shovel-ready, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good faith training in the quarterback arena........

In reality, MD won't yank her ticket. Even though I'd like it to happen.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is shaping up to be a Nifong.
View Quote

I'd like it to happen, but I don't see it going down.

Comparing Nifong and Mosby is like:

Whitey McWhiterson v. Black Woman
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow.  Great professional ethics there, Coroner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Freddie Gray Case: Detailed Analysis of Motion to Recuse Prosecutor

...Gray Family Lawyer is Also Mosby’s Lawyer, Financial Supporter

A further conflict arises in the context of William Murphy, the Gray family lawyer.

First, it is indisputable that Mosby has had contact with Murphy in the matter of Freddie Gray’s death:

When interviewed recently by CNN’s Don Lemon, Mrs. Mosby was asked about her contact with the Gray family. She indicated that she had brought them in to her office and “spoken with them and their attorney [Murphy].”

Second, Murphy has a long-standing and deeply-rooted personal relationship with Mosby. He was a major financial contributor to her campaign to be State Prosecutor, in the amount of $5,000.  He was an advisor on her transition team following her election to office.

Furthermore, he has served, and perhaps still serves, as Mosby’s personal attorney. A letter referencing Murphy’s representation of Mosby as recently as October 31, 2014, only 6 months before the events of Gray’s death, is attached as an exhibit to the motion to recuse:

This motion to recuse also notes the arguably odd coincidence that the very first official day that Mosby took office she entered a nolle proseque (dismissal of charges) against a client of Murphy’s. (That motion is attached as Exhibit 4 of this defense motion to recuse.)

Was this no pros a quid pro quo for Murphy’s support and long-standing friendship? The question need not be answered definitively–the mere reasonable appearance of conflict is sufficient to warrant Mosby’s recusal from this prosecution.
This motion to recuse also notes the arguably odd coincidence that the very first official day that Mosby took office she entered a nolle proseque (dismissal of charges) against a client of Murphy’s. (That motion is attached as Exhibit 4 of this defense motion to recuse.)

Was this no pros a quid pro quo for Murphy’s support and long-standing friendship? The question need not be answered definitively–the mere reasonable appearance of conflict is sufficient to warrant Mosby’s recusal from this prosecution.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Ugg. The inmates are running the asylum. What a bunch of crooked horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Smells like Keynesianism in here...

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Smells like Keynesianism Kenyaismin here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smells like Keynesianism Kenyaismin here...

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wha...?

Holy......
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they win and she sees charges herself.

No way in Hell she'd see time....
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Fuck you! They'll run into NY!
View Quote

Probably DC.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Marilyn Mosby Appeared On Stage With Prince During Ode To Freddie Gray

The Maryland state’s attorney whose activist comments and alleged conflicts of interest have become a central part of the Freddie Gray case, appeared on stage at a Prince concert Sunday as the musician performed a protest song about Gray and the recent unrest in Baltimore.

Marilyn Mosby and her husband Nick Mosby, a Baltimore city councilman, sat on a couch on stage during Prince’s “Rally 4 Peace” benefit concert, according to the Baltimore Sun.

Prince performed “Baltimore,” a social justice anthem he released earlier this month in response to Gray’s death and to riots and social unrest in Baltimore.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Marilyn Mosby Appeared On Stage With Prince During Ode To Freddie Gray

The Maryland state’s attorney whose activist comments and alleged conflicts of interest have become a central part of the Freddie Gray case, appeared on stage at a Prince concert Sunday as the musician performed a protest song about Gray and the recent unrest in Baltimore.

Marilyn Mosby and her husband Nick Mosby, a Baltimore city councilman, sat on a couch on stage during Prince’s “Rally 4 Peace” benefit concert, according to the Baltimore Sun.

Prince performed “Baltimore,” a social justice anthem he released earlier this month in response to Gray’s death and to riots and social unrest in Baltimore.

Just like Florida
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Two Baltimore City Jail Correctional Officers Caught On Video Looting A 7-11

Two correctional officers who work at the Baltimore City jail were suspended without pay Wednesday after video emerged showing them looting a 7-11 store during last month’s riots.

Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard were charged with theft and two counts of burglary, according to a statement released by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS).

Investigators DPSCS and with the Intelligence and Investigative Division responded to a tip that the pair had joined in looting a closed 7-11 convenience store near downtown Baltimore on April 25. That was the first day of major unrest following the April 19 death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Two correctional officers who work at the Baltimore City jail were suspended without pay Wednesday after video emerged showing them looting a 7-11 store during last month’s riots.

Tamika Cobb and Kendra Richard were charged with theft and two counts of burglary, according to a statement released by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS).

Investigators DPSCS and with the Intelligence and Investigative Division responded to a tip that the pair had joined in looting a closed 7-11 convenience store near downtown Baltimore on April 25. That was the first day of major unrest following the April 19 death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray.

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/baltimoremugs.jpg

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL Awesome
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

At least they didn't get knocked up by the inmates they watch over, unlike some of their coworkers. yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL Awesome

At least they didn't get knocked up by the inmates they watch over, unlike some of their coworkers. yet.

Small edit and I think we're there.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

What did you expect???

Folks paying attention have known this a long time.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to see her sorry ass locked up, those cops are going to sue the hell out of her and the city.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What did you expect???

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you expect???

I know. But this is so fucking blatant, they're not even trying to hide it or cover up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I wish I could laugh about this if it did not involve a lot of families lives and paying the bills.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And now they are going to run the charges by a Grand Jury.

What's the going rate on a Grand Jury decision in Bmore these days?

I wish I could laugh about this if it did not involve a lot of families lives and paying the bills.

epic banana republic/3rd world, tragicomedy of errors/clusterfuck of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Unrelated to the riots, Baltimore cop caught by feds in sting.
http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83543711/

A Baltimore police officer is accused of stealing $3,000 after investigators set up a sting in a hotel room, federal prosecutors said in a complaint that was unsealed Thursday.

Officer Maurice Lamar Jeffers of Savage, a 12-year veteran who was assigned to a fugitive task force, was charged with theft of government property and "converting property of another," prosecutors said.

A Baltimore police internal affairs detective who is part of an FBI corruption task force began investigating Jeffers in October after a woman said $2,200 had gone missing when members of the fugitive task force searched her boyfriend's home. Police said no cash was submitted as evidence after that search.

The complaint against Jeffers includes a list of previous allegations from his internal affairs file — records that state law ordinarily allows police to shield from the public. They show Jeffers had been accused of theft three previous times.

The first allegation came in 2005, the records show. The outcome of that case is listed as "unknown." In 2006 and 2011, Jeffers was accused of theft while making an arrest. Both cases are listed as "administratively closed."

The most recent allegation, made by the woman in October, is listed as pending.

Investigators say Jeffers was also accused in April 2010 of soliciting a prostitute while off-duty.

"Although the BPD was notified, the incident was not investigated," according to the court document. "BPD records reported the incident as 'administrative tracking only.'"

Attempts to reach Jeffers for comment were unsuccessful.

Additionally, the state court records database shows that Jeffers was criminally charged twice. In 2006 he was charged in Prince George's County with theft, but found not guilty. And in 1998, before he was a police officer, he was charged in Baltimore with first-degree assault and a handgun violation. Those charges were dropped by prosecutors.

In February, an internal affairs investigator approached a member of the task force about Jeffers. The member had not seen Jeffers commit any crimes, prosecutors said, but described his conduct as "suspicious."

The member said Jeffers always bought things using cash, and cashed paychecks rather than deposit them into a bank account.

Police officers and FBI agents staged a sting operation at the Executive Inn on Pulaski Highway on March 10, prosecutors said. Jeffers and members of his task force were told that a fictitious Prince George's County drug target was staying at the hotel, and they were told to secure the room so Prince George's County police could execute a search warrant.

Agents equipped the hotel room with audio and video surveillance, and placed $3,500 in cash around the room.

Jeffers told his partner that day to inform their sergeant that no one was in the room, prosecutors said. While the partner was away, prosecutors said, Jeffers was filmed placing money into his pockets.

David Lutz, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service, said the Police Department selected Jeffers for the fugitive task force and continued to supervise him.

"The task force wasn't aware of any allegations about him until approached by his Baltimore City supervision," Lutz said. "We participated fully in the investigation."

Jeffers faces a maximum of 10 years in prison for each of the two theft counts, prosecutors said. He made an initial appearance in U.S. District Court last week and was released pending trial.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:38:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Those are a couple of the happiest mug shots I've ever seen.

eta: They probably already have a lawyer that said he will get them paid.
Page / 206
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top