BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am surprised no one has suggested tapping the great lakes and running a pipe line over the Mississippi river to do so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:No it makes them dependent.

It makes them not prepared for a one in an thousand year (I heard five thousand year this week) dought.

Which makes them...

....dependent.   Definitely not alpha.

I am surprised no one has suggested tapping the great lakes and running a pipe line over the Mississippi river to do so.

Shit they can put it through my back yard if the money is right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:49:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It makes them not prepared for a one in an thousand year (I heard five thousand year this week) dought.

Which makes them...

My point it they want to run a pipeline across this:
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]

That shit has changed in the last 48 hours, btw.

On a related note, my wife and I figured that if Cali ever figured out that everywhere we travel gets a shitload of rain, we'd be rich. I'd like to say we're kidding....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:57:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh gawd not this shit again.
The anti-kali morons need to get a life. Dont ya got some guns that need shooting ?

If we didnt take the water, it would just piss away into the ocean. Then you fools would have no lettuce to eat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which makes them...

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they are going to let us take their water, they're too Beta to do anything about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
If they are going to let us take their water, they're too Beta to do anything about it.

Somebody already tried to stop it. Uncle Sugar had to get involved.

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/phoenix/AZ100/1950/whiskey_drinking_water_fighting.html

in 1934, Arizona called the state National Guard and militia units to the California border to protest the construction of Parker Dam and California's diversions from the Colorado River.

The USSC cut a deal and finally allocated water. California got all the extra that NV and AZ didn't use for quite a while.

The Law of the River said California could use surplus Colorado River water if any was to be had. For decades, California had become accustomed to living off of that surplus. But with the settlement of Arizona v. California, the days of surplus were numbered. The deal cleared the way for the construction of the Central Arizona Project (CAP). Its canals stretched 336 miles from Lake Havasu (ironically, the reservoir Moen’s guardsmen tried to block) uphill to Phoenix and Tucson.

On paper, Arizona’s share of water from the main stem of the Colorado all along had amounted to 2.8 million acre feet of water per year. But until the completion of the CAP, it had no way to use it.

In the 1980s, Arizona’s use only topped 2 million acre feet once. In the 1990s, that went up to seven of ten years. Since then, thanks to the CAP, it has been taking close to its full allotment every year. 18

California had been living off of Arizona’s extra water since the beginning. But with the completion of CAP, it became clear to everyone that California needed to reduce its consumption from the  5 million-plus annual acre feet it had been taking to the 4.4 million acre feet allotted by the Law of the River. The Supreme Court’s decision in Arizona v. California made that clear, Interior Secretary Gale Norton told members of the Association of California Water Agencies in November 2002. 19

“I am enjoined by the Supreme Court Decree from delivering water to California beyond its 4.4 million acre-feet allocation unless surplus water is available or there is unused water from Arizona or Nevada. Until recently, the lack of demand in other states allowed California to obtain significant amounts of Colorado River water. This scenario is changing today,” Norton said.

You don't want any of that Welfare Red State water anyway.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys really believe this stuff don't you?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Ill buy your extra chromosome as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You pay the shipping...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Was your old username DanTSX?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe they should bulldoze all them fake desert towns that are sucking all the water out of the ground.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Cali thought about it in 2012 3 fucking years ago but were to Stupid to do any thin g real with the plans OOPS

Sad these As Arfcom calls them at least the Middle east Countries back wards People even use them

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The anti-kali morons need to get a life. Dont ya got some guns that need shooting ?

If we didnt take the water, it would just piss away into the ocean. Then you fools would have no lettuce to eat.
View Quote

Gives them something to do.   Of course, when they ask, "Waaa, hit this poll!", I just think, "Fuck 'em, what do they have that we can take next?"
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I guess that makes California the Alpha.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

....or at least trade it for ammo?

One problem with the plan - Californians don't buy water.  They take it from someone else.

I guess that makes California the Alpha.

Nope, just a liberal!

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Here you go.  This might help California water problem.
http://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/7/ta/kv/IrTaKVZhuViMVOs-1600x900-noPad.jpg
View Quote

i was told california is all out of water. that map cant be accurate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#16]
we haven plenty here.  Hope u get some rain CA.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/7/ta/kv/IrTaKVZhuViMVOs-1600x900-noPad.jpg
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Actually the truth be told - which for the General Discussion is just short of infuckingpossible ...

California gets most of it's water from ... California.

The Colorado river intake was negotiated by the federal government decades and decades ago and since then another 25 million or so Americans moved into California. Stupid fucks. Well not actually stupid because they made Silicon Valley and have invented everything invented in the US worth caring for in America for the last forty years like the Internet and shit. But they are stupid for not preparing for a one in a thousand year drought unlike the Texan ranchers who ... wait, didn't they lose tens of thousands of cattle two years and one year ago driving the price of beef up by double. Why yes, yes they did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:More like the freeloader.

Actually the truth be told - which for the General Discussion is just short of infuckingpossible ...

The Colorado river intake was negotiated by the federal government decades and decades ago and since then another 25 million or so Americans moved into California. Stupid fucks. Well not actually stupid because they made Silicon Valley and have invented everything invented in the US worth caring for in America for the last forty years like the Internet and shit. But they are stupid for not preparing for a one in a thousand year drought unlike the Texan ranchers who ... wait, didn't they lose tens of thousands of cattle two years and one year ago driving the price of beef up by double. Why yes, yes they did.

White Knighting like a pro

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#20]
GENIUS plan OP!!!!!

By the way.......look at weather radar right now for the southeast US......that's where I am.

I can't remember the last day without rain!!!

It's a fucking monsoon out there right now......power keeps cutting off!!!

I'm sure tornadoes will arrive sometime soon.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

....or at least trade it for ammo?
View Quote

No hotlink ...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your mistake there is assuming GD eats lettuce.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:More like the freeloader.

It's funny, when other people used to do that for where they live Paul used to look down his nose and make fun of their "tribalism".

Guess it's different when the shoe is on the other foot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm good.

If you want to send some disassembled standard-capacity mags in two packages, that's another story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

On a related note, my wife and I figured that if Cali ever figured out that everywhere we travel gets a shitload of rain, we'd be rich. I'd like to say we're kidding....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ain't that the truth
7 days straight rain in Gulfport but I'm working not vacay
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Apparently they're not smart enough to figure that out. Desalination is a good thing
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Here's a bet. If California hasn't build a single reservoir since the 1970's I will send you the amount of $500.

However, if the state has build reservoirs since Dec of 1979 you will send me $100 for each reservoir.

Deal?

I count a dozen, can you count that high?

"The history of construction of the state's major reservoirs illustrates that there was a flurry of activity in the 1960s and 1970s, but there has been a dramatic decrease in reservoir construction since that time. The slowdown in reservoir construction is due, in part, to the fact that there remain very few viable sites for new major reservoirs, permits are much more difficult to obtain due primarily to environmental concerns, and the cost of construction has gone up faster than the rate of inflation."

This Source demonstrates just how stupid the population of that state is huh? All concerned about the environment huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ask California how many fish they saved by not building reservoirs since the 70's .  They get what they wanted .

Here's a bet. If California hasn't build a single reservoir since the 1970's I will send you the amount of $500.

However, if the state has build reservoirs since Dec of 1979 you will send me $100 for each reservoir.

Deal?

I count a dozen, can you count that high?

"The history of construction of the state's major reservoirs illustrates that there was a flurry of activity in the 1960s and 1970s, but there has been a dramatic decrease in reservoir construction since that time. The slowdown in reservoir construction is due, in part, to the fact that there remain very few viable sites for new major reservoirs, permits are much more difficult to obtain due primarily to environmental concerns, and the cost of construction has gone up faster than the rate of inflation."

This Source demonstrates just how stupid the population of that state is huh? All concerned about the environment huh?

Jerry fucking Brown aka MoonBeam is your governor. this invalids ALL arguments to the contrary that Californians are stupid.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I soaked my lawn and bamboo really deep today and took two showers just to year some shit head in Colorado cry,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:If they are going to let us take their water, they're too Beta to do anything about it.  

I soaked my lawn and bamboo really deep today and took two showers just to year some shit head in Colorado cry,

Why would we cry? I just had two days of snow, a day of rain and even with the light winter, our reservoir is supposed to be at capacity or very near. I've got all the water I need with no restrictions
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of the produce I need is locally grown
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#30]
We have our own problems with water. Our Aquifer is getting lower and lower.

The Georgians are using up too much water and killing our Oysters.

Lakes in Central FL are going dry more and more.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top