The idiocy on display in this thread is astounding
View Quote

No shit, but it doesn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Arfcom is full of vaginas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I am amazed at how many people are like a bunch in this thread.  They aren't hippies and they aren't PETA.  But they get so emotionally wrapped up on the animal that they'll ditch the concept of wildlife management completely and sit there wishing or gloating on the death of the hunter while they gnaw on a hamburger.

You're supposed to have sympathy for the animal, that's how we are wired and you might be a bit off if you don't.  But these people take it to the point of delusion.

We hunt, we've been doing it for over a million years.  It's an essential part of what we are as a species.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The testicles served in Madrid restaurants are not always from the bull
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The guy got killed while hunting dangerous game..... big deal, it happens.
But some of you fags, "saying zero fucks" or "he got what he deserved", need to go watch a Disney movie and have mom fix you a warm glass of milk...... pussies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good. I've killed more deer and squirrels than I can count and eat everything I kill. These people that go to Africa to kill animals just for the fuck of it can choke themselves.
View Quote

You first
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The guy got killed while hunting dangerous game..... big deal, it happens.
But some of you fags, "saying zero fucks" or "he got what he deserved", need to go watch a Disney movie and have mom fix you a warm glass of milk...... pussies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

+87

This is the kind of thread where Arfcom really could use more 'Fudds'.  

The LACK of knowledge being so freely shared would be hilarious, if it weren't so pathetic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear bleeding hearts in this thread:

Elephant hunting is one of the bigger incentives for the locals TO PROTECT THE ELEPHANTS RATHER THAN POACH THEM OR EAT THEM. African countries that do not hunt elephants have suffered steep declines in populations.

The unintended consequenses of not hunting elephants is they die from out of control poaching.

Yep

+87

This is the kind of thread where Arfcom really could use more 'Fudds'.  

The LACK of knowledge being so freely shared would be hilarious, if it weren't so pathetic.

i dont think i have ever seen a thread on here where someone wanted more fudds. i have to agree with you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.  Can arf agree on anything?  Some of the comments in here are so fucking derp herp derp.  

I almost thought i was on a liberal sissy forum.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Pretty sure the whole point of a big game hunt is....it might possibly hunt you back.

I mean there IS a reason they pay MASSIVE $$$ to go on those hunts.

Edit: And I have no problem with those hunts.  Whether bleeding hearts want to admit it or not those hunts keep more of those animals alive than would exist otherwise.
View Quote
The bleeding hearts aren't shelling out the massive amounts of money that the hunters spend for the tags. If they were then they wouldn't be selling tags.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#15]
That sucks, but that's also part of dangerous game hunting.

There's worse ways to go.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, all I can say is: HAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAAH,,,,HAHAHAH!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Serious question, why would anyone hunt an elephant?
View Quote

billiard balls

why would any one climb a mountain or screw kim kardashian? because it's there
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good. I've killed more deer and squirrels than I can count and eat everything I kill. These people that go to Africa to kill animals just for the fuck of it can choke themselves.
View Quote

One elephant provides enough meat to feed enough Africans to fill a small American town.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't believe that has been legal since the early-mid 70s.

Otherwise, yeah, it is a huge boon to their economy.

View Quote

I think there are still 2(maybe down to 1) African countries LEGALLY HUNTED ivory can be imported from-but the ivory cannot be sold.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:34:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
]

I know who got killed.  The fat guy in the article.

View Quote

I hope he at least went quickly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One elephant provides enough meat to feed enough Africans to fill a small American town.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shush, now.

We're frothing in our own self-righteous indignation!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Once, there was a hunter with a Professional Hunter (guide) hunting elephant in Botswana.  They came through the bush into a savanna, where they noticed a very large lone bull in the middle of the savanna.  They noticed the bull was not moving, but standing there.  They approached cautiously, and it became apparent that the bull was aware of their presence.  The PH, knowing the danger of the situation encouraged the hunter to take the shot, or that they should leave.  The bull was staring at both men, and all of a sudden he lifted his front right foot.  The hunter was was insistent that something was wrong and wanted to move closer.  As they did, the PH was very nervous, and thought they would both surely die.  The hunter moved closer, by himself, looking at the still raised right foot.  He found himself a matter of feet away, and noticed a large rock imbedded in the bull's foot.  He moved in close enough to touch the bull, reached up, and removed the rock from the bull's foot.  At that moment, the bull flared his ears, let out a loud trumpet, and walked off.  Both the PH and hunter stared at each other in amazement at what had happened.

A few years later, the hunter was at the San Diego Zoo with his wife.  As they were walking by the elephants, a large mature bull began making a terrible ruckus.  The man and his wife did not notice at first as they were walking by, but after a few seconds, they stopped to see what the commotion was about.  Right then, the elephant became silent and stared directly at the man.  The couple dismissed it and began to walk on, when the elephant began making an even bigger commotion.  Again the couple stopped, and the bull settled down, staring directly at the man.  Others in the crowd were noticing what was going on.  Then, out of nowhere, the bull raised his front right foot.  Shocked, the man thought "No way.  It can't be."  All the while, the elephant kept his foot raised and never lost eye contact with the man.  

After a minute or so, the man was convinced that THAT was his elephant he had encountered years ago.  Confident, the man jumped the fence, to the horror of all the onlookers.  The other elephants were terrified and all backed away, but the big bull remained calm, and continued to stare at the man with his foot still raised.  Slowly the man approached.  When he was only a couple of feet away, to the man's amazement, the elephant gently put his foot on the ground and let out a loud trumpet, just like years before in Botswana.  Then, the elephant trampled and killed the man.

It was probably a different elephant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.

Sometimes the pendulum swings the other way.

If the elephants are a local problem, let the locals deal with them.  Fat rich white dudes going out of their way to "deal" with them get no sympathy from me, and sometimes its entertaining to see nature get one victory out of what probably amounts to 10,000 or so losses.

Kinda like missionaries that go to 3rd world shitholes to spread the word of Christianity.  Oh.  Well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like skydiving accidents, you know what you're risking when you do dangerous shit. Not like he didn't know what he was getting into.

Exactly. There's a lot of other people I'd rather give sympathy too rather than this guy

This.

If the elephants are a local problem, let the locals deal with them.  Fat rich white dudes going out of their way to "deal" with them get no sympathy from me, and sometimes its entertaining to see nature get one victory out of what probably amounts to 10,000 or so losses.

Kinda like missionaries that go to 3rd world shitholes to spread the word of Christianity.  Oh.  Well.

A lot of broken people here, just like to hear about the death of others.      It makes them feel intellectually superior,
And more " alive".        
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#24]
You buys your ticket, you takes the ride.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So will ten head of cattle.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#26]
That's got to be a shitty way to go. I don't really care about hunting them, more power to the guy if he had the $50k or whatever they cost to take. But guess he wasn't wuite good enough.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A lot of broken people here, just like to hear about the death of others.      It makes them feel intelectually superior,
And more " alive".        
View Quote

Well, the evidence would suggest that this individual was less than astute when it came to self preservation. It takes quite a bit of effort to wind up on the underside of an elephant's foot. Overall, a nice case of instant justice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Good. Hope it hurt.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two ways to look at that
1. Minimal impact. With the elephant you only have to kill one animal, with cattle you kill 10-15.
2. It takes a lot of land to raise cattle. We need to kill the elephants, leopards and lions to make room for the cattle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Ahhh. Hunting threads always bring out the petards.
Its good to know who the liberals are on here.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#32]
lol@everyone who didn't read the article.

The guide/PH got wacked, not the hunter/client.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Dear Arfcom:

Today I learned that every human who has ever hunted an animal deserves to get killed by that animal.
Because Karma, or something.

Good Night!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The idiocy on display in this thread is astounding
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Along with the African bush elephants, it appears the uninformed sandy vaginas of ARFcom are well conserved indeed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, the evidence would suggest that this individual was less than astute when it came to self preservation. It takes quite a bit of effort to wind up on the underside of an elephant's foot. Overall, a nice case of instant justice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of broken people here, just like to hear about the death of others.      It makes them feel intellectually superior,
And more " alive".        

My thesis didn't need any proof, but thanks for your support, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Go elephants.  Hunting to eat is fine.  Hunting just to bag such a magnificent beast is horrible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Go elephants.  Hunting to eat is fine.  Hunting just to bag such a magnificent beast is horrible.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Exactly. There's a lot of other people I'd rather give sympathy too rather than this guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like skydiving accidents, you know what you're risking when you do dangerous shit. Not like he didn't know what he was getting into.

Not having sympathy because he knew the risks going in Ionesco thing.  Celebrating his death is another....
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Go elephants.  Hunting to eat is fine.  Hunting just to bag such a magnificent beast is horrible would be fucking awesome.
View Quote

FIFY. No need to thank me.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:28:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I am amazed at how many people are like a bunch in this thread.  They aren't hippies and they are PETA.  But they get so emotionally wrapped up on the animal that they'll ditch the concept of wildlife management completely and sit there wishing or gloating on the death of the hunter while they gnaw on a hamburger.

You're supposed to have sympathy for the animal, that's how we are wired and you might be a bit off if you don't.  But these people take it to the point of dilusion.

We hunt, we've been doing it for over a million years.  It's an essential part of what we are as a species.
View Quote

No. I want the elephants to take over L.A., Seattle, Cheyenne, Chicago, NYC, Miami, Albuquerque, Pheonix, D.C., Atlanta, El Paso, Austin, San Antonio and quite a few other major metropolitan areas.  Charging down streets with the rage of being hunted all these years.  The bear will be taken of the CA flag and Mr Pachy will rule.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Apparently I don't.  

Poor fat white guys then?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You obviously don't understand the economics of safari hunting.    

Apparently I don't.  

Poor fat white guys then?

If you were so poor that you had to actually hunt your own meat, would you welcome or turn away someone who not only was going to pay you to let them hunt, but would also give you the meat for free?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go elephants.  Hunting to eat is fine.  Hunting just to bag such a magnificent beast is horrible would be fucking awesome.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And more " alive".        

What's really sad is that they're making these comments on a site dedicated to a rifle that was designed expressly to kill human beings.

But, they're morally superior and edumacated, too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
These threads call out all the folks who spend too much time watching Disney.  Shoot a deer, shoot a hog, shoot an elephant...they're all animals.  As long as it's humane and legal, then there's no difference.  

For all the people crying about the hunter not eating the meat, then do you say it's wrong to hunt coyotes (because I don't know of anyone who eats coyote),  As others have pointed out, the locals do eat animals taken on safari, so doesn't that make the elephant hunter more noble than the coyote hunter.  Maybe it's just to be a noble hunter, a person must eat what they kill.  So I guess when I take a deer and donate it to Hunter's for the Hungry I'm a scum of the earth hunter.

View Quote

Especially if you paid to do it, white devil.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What's really sad is that they're making these comments on a site dedicated to a rifle that was designed expressly to kill human beings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And more " alive".        

Not really a good comparison, unless you think using the AR to hunt human beings is acceptable in non-war situations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And more " alive".        

People are more dangerous than elephants.  Unless you are in the octagon.  Where is that video of the elephant pooping on the pen cleaner?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is not the story to tell that I want, I have Cancer and realize that I have not done near as much in my life that I wanted to because i was always playing it safe, so now I live for me

I have never eaten Elephant but would like to try it (and in case anyone cares I have tried to eat at least 1 of every species I have killed, Coyote, Wolf, and gopher are on my never eat again but still willing to hunt list, they taste awful )
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hunt bear with a bow, I know that it might get me killed, but that is part of the adventure. This gentleman understood that, once I save up enough I am going to do an African hunt, though I am not sure if I will do Elephant, that is pricey

Tuskless hunts are usually very affordable when they are available. If you want danger and a story to tell this is the hunt for you. Cows are significantly more aggressive than bulls, on average. Bluff charges are rare. Worse, you have to go into the cow herds to find a mature cow w/o calf. You're at close range, all the cows are aggressive, and you have to be sure you find the right animal and avoid hitting the others.

It is not the story to tell that I want, I have Cancer and realize that I have not done near as much in my life that I wanted to because i was always playing it safe, so now I live for me

I have never eaten Elephant but would like to try it (and in case anyone cares I have tried to eat at least 1 of every species I have killed, Coyote, Wolf, and gopher are on my never eat again but still willing to hunt list, they taste awful )

Dafuq you say?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I guess my offer of $10K to pull the Trigger on an Air Driven Harpoon Gun from a Japanese Whaler will not go well if I post pics of my hunt !
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top