BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
oh no.. not wild cats!  i seem to not have any fucks to give about a feral cat.
View Quote

I understand that this thread is 8 pages long, but really.  You couldn't have even read the last page before showing your ass?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

yup along with screen names like "firearmnut"

you can always spot the guys who are compensating.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm always impressed with arfcom's pre-orgasmic excitement at  the possibility of shooting their neighbors' pets.  

It's part of their tough guy personas.

Yup

It's much better to make baseless passive aggressive pseudo psychological personal attacks than counter opposing viewpoints.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

same amount of fucks we give about kitty killer's defunct career.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It wasn't feral.   Lots of posts "feral cat, who cares"

Since it wasn't feral, the owners care.    

The reason we have the law about feral animals is assholes kept shooting pets and claiming they thought it was feral.    So blame the kind of people who would kill a pet and use a loophole in the law to get away with it.  They got the law changed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is motherfucking amazing that killing a feral cat is a felony.  I keep hearing how TX is this amazing place of freedom

It wasn't feral.   Lots of posts "feral cat, who cares"

Since it wasn't feral, the owners care.    

The reason we have the law about feral animals is assholes kept shooting pets and claiming they thought it was feral.    So blame the kind of people who would kill a pet and use a loophole in the law to get away with it.  They got the law changed.

What's the definition of 'feral':

a feral animal is one that has itself escaped from a domestic or captive status and is living more or less as a wild animal

and

But a local rescue center says the cat, believed to be called Tiger, was domesticated and had been missing for around two weeks.

So it was living under the stars eating wild animals for 2 weeks.  That meets my definition of feral.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup

It's much better to make baseless passive aggressive pseudo psychological personal attacks than counter opposing viewpoints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm always impressed with arfcom's pre-orgasmic excitement at  the possibility of shooting their neighbors' pets.  

It's part of their tough guy personas.

Yup

All,of,the kitty killer fan club's "points" were refuted on pages one and two. Definitively
Recap
Poor judgement
Probably criminal
Career fucked

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

wth I'm in....li'll story relative to this situation, once there was a lady with a bird feeder.  She also happened to have cats.  Cat, doing what cats do swiped a cardinal (song bird) off of feeder.  Brother of afore mentioned lady apparently like birds more than cats and with sister's permission put and end to cat's bird killing ways with one well placed .223 round.  Bird was still clamped in cat's jaws. ymnmv

I love how he pours his heart out about one type of animal, then goes on to state "fuck the wild birds".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posts in this thread are fucked up. Maybe this cat was feral, maybe it wasn't, but to make blanket statements about killing all cats and that any cat off the owner's property is killable is

Sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes the door doesn't latch all the way. Sometimes the animal slips out the door when you get home. There are a million ways animals go missing every year, and people don't deserve to have their family members, regardless of species, murdered on site for a simple fucking mistake. I hope to God your communities show you more compassion than how you post on forums should one of your loved ones get loose, and I'm sure half you talking tough about killing all cats would feel exactly the same if this happened to your dog that accidentally got loose, right?

Reality: you just hate cats and use "bird populations" as an excuse to kill a living thing that may be someone's pet, a kind of pet you hate. Who gives a shit about wild bird populations.

I pray to God, for your own sake, that none of you live near me and kill one of my cats should they ever get mistakenly loose.

Well...keep the fucker on your property.  

wth I'm in....li'll story relative to this situation, once there was a lady with a bird feeder.  She also happened to have cats.  Cat, doing what cats do swiped a cardinal (song bird) off of feeder.  Brother of afore mentioned lady apparently like birds more than cats and with sister's permission put and end to cat's bird killing ways with one well placed .223 round.  Bird was still clamped in cat's jaws. ymnmv

I love how he pours his heart out about one type of animal, then goes on to state "fuck the wild birds".  

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#8]
If a cat is outside, it's the same as being feral.  I don't give a shit if Meow Meow McWhiskerbean is the gentlest most lovable cat in the world, once he is outside he's a predator and an invasive species.  His life should be ended by any means available.

I like cats, but I have never and will never allow mine outside.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hey guys - look! The official judge of Arfcom conduct is here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that this thread is 8 pages long, but really.  You couldn't have even read the last page before showing your ass?

Thank you, but I can't. I refuse to accept any kind of appointment until Johnny Reno is given the reward due to him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Amen.  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If a cat is outside, it's the same as being feral.  I don't give a shit if Meow Meow McWhiskerbean is the gentlest most lovable cat in the world, once he is outside he's a predator and an invasive species.  His life should be ended by any means available.

I like cats, but I have never and will never allow mine outside.  
View Quote

+1

This is exactly what many people in this thread can't separate.  Just like all human lives are not equal, the same is true for cats.  I personally like cats and have owned my own cat (RIP Rusty).

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#12]

F'ing hell.  

You can't hardly swing a dead cat in here without hitting a PETA puke.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:17:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's still baffling how people here would be ok with her catching a felony charge over killing a feral cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot.

Veterinarians are a bunch of panty waists now.

Not if the law says otherwise...

Which is motherfucking amazing that killing a feral cat is a felony.  I keep hearing how TX is this amazing place of freedom

We have stupidity just like every other place in the world.

It's still baffling how people here would be ok with her catching a felony charge over killing a feral cat.

It's been repeated, I dunno, a half-dozen times now: The cat was not feral.  It belonged to a neighbor.

ETA: The cat was not feral.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Trained veterinarian?

Good with a bow?

She can be on my SHTF team.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Large # of snipped Posts were here
---------------------------------------------------------------

On ARFCOM one escaped cat is  the public menace equivalent of a pack of  ISIS controlled Pit Bulls with suicide vests laced with Ebola, AIDS and used tampons.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

it's been repeated, I dunno, a half-dozen times now: The cat was not feral.  It belonged to a neighbor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have stupidity just like every other place in the world.

it's been repeated, I dunno, a half-dozen times now: The cat was not feral.  It belonged to a neighbor.

Posting it over and over still doesn't make it true.  It was a feral cat.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
A cat without a collar is feral.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Large # of snipped Posts were here
---------------------------------------------------------------

On ARFCOM one escaped cat is  the public menace equivalent of a pack of  ISIS controlled Pit Bulls with suicide vests laced with Ebola, AIDS and used tampons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Are those SKD pig gloves she is wearing?    

I think SKD could add under uses...killing feral cats.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Posting it over and over still doesn't make it true.  It was a feral cat.  
View Quote

according to the definition you posted, it wasn't.  

And even if it were feral, still illegal in Texas.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

False.  We have 3 cats who live in the warehouse at work.   None will wear collars, all are owned by the company and have been fixed.   If anyone shoots them, they would be committing a crime; unless the cats are attacking their livestock or another human being.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Conflicted.

I mean, she's hot, but also very very dumb.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:09:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Her arrow quiver:

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#24]
lol that is fucked up

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Fucking evil piece of shit whorebag!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:49:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Citation?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:53:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Citation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Citation?

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Citation?

IOW, you've got nothing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Animal control where I live puts down, on average, 900 'strays' (Cats and dogs mixed) per month.

If people care so much why don't people not allow pets to roam free, or go adopt a few hundred of these domesticated animals per month to prevent their demise through a needle....

It was stupid of her  to do this sure. Career= over and she's probably going to have to move out of the state. But people like to whine about this one 'clean' kill on a random cat walking around a neighborhood at night when in reality thousands on of cats are put down every month around the country because no-one wants them/owners don't care enough to tag/collar them and let them wander.

I like animals and all but out of the millions of animals that are killed every year, for sport, because they are feral/nuisance, for eating, etc. I find it amusing that everyone is so bent out of shape over one clean bow-kill. I don't feel sorry for her losing her job. A vet probably shouldn't post pics of them killing random animals for sport. She probably belongs in another line of work. Animal control anyone?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I bet that chick's a wild lay. Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]
That chick is psycho.  Oh well, play stupid games and all that,
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

IOW, you've got nothing.
View Quote

Obviously I have a Lewis Carroll quote.

Chill out, scooter. I supported your position.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:36:37 AM EDT
[#33]
LOL, I love the definition of "feral" is now "it's outside for a few minutes and doesn't have a collar." That could apply to Fluffy who escaped through the door 15 minutes ago!

I always thought feral cats could not be approached, would not want to be caught, and would be difficult to domesticate. Maybe "feral" doesn't have to mean all those things, but when I (and I guess many people) think of "feral," we think of a cat who has never had a home and doesn't want to be around people.

I know of several people who have adopted cats who were very thin and obviously had been outside for a LONG TIME. They sought out humans, obviously were very desperate and eager to be fed and would let themselves be petted. After a short amount of time, if fed, they'd let themselves be picked up. It was painfully simple to trap these cats and get them inside (and then taken to a vet). They went on to be lazy, indulged house cats.

So I think that's part of the reason why many of this ex-vet's customers were outraged, and the public on a whole is as well. If it's true that this was the neighbor's cat "Tiger," then the cat had only been outside for two weeks, and was very likely looking to get taken back "home," or at least wouldn't have objected to being picked up.

To act like the minute the animal goes outside, it magically transforms to a menacing "feral" who is beyond hope and desperately NEEDS to be shot on sight, is real retarded, sir.

This bitch learned that the hard way. Can't feel sorry for her at all.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

And that boys and girls is why SSS is so important. Shoot, Shovel, SHUT UP.
View Quote

People never seem to get this

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Here's a page which outlines the differences between "feral" and "stray." http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=712

I know that you ARF bad guys are going to try to wave this all away and say it means nothing. But public perception and what is commonly thought to be "feral" does play into this a lot. Whether you like it or not. If you think you have some God-given right to shoot any animal on sight, even Grandma's "Fluffy" who darted out the door a half hour ago, realize that you will face the backlash of the public. I know, I know, how unfair, you don't get to pick off the neighbors' cats with no consequences!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LOL, I love the definition of "feral" is now "it's outside for a few minutes and doesn't have a collar." That could apply to Fluffy who escaped through the door 15 minutes ago!

I always thought feral cats could not be approached, would not want to be caught, and would be difficult to domesticate. Maybe "feral" doesn't have to mean all those things, but when I (and I guess many people) think of "feral," we think of a cat who has never had a home and doesn't want to be around people.

I know of several people who have adopted cats who were very thin and obviously had been outside for a LONG TIME. They sought out humans, obviously were very desperate and eager to be fed and would let themselves be petted. After a short amount of time, if fed, they'd let themselves be picked up. It was painfully simple to trap these cats and get them inside (and then taken to a vet). They went on to be lazy, indulged house cats.

So I think that's part of the reason why many of this ex-vet's customers were outraged, and the public on a whole is as well. If it's true that this was the neighbor's cat "Tiger," then the cat had only been outside for two weeks, and was very likely looking to get taken back "home," or at least wouldn't have objected to being picked up.

To act like the minute the animal goes outside, it magically transforms to a menacing "feral" who is beyond hope and desperately NEEDS to be shot on sight, is real retarded, sir.

This bitch learned that the hard way. Can't feel sorry for her at all.

View Quote

A common sense definition of the word feral? We can't have that in here .

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Seems like an odd thing for a vet to post.  But oh well.
View Quote

Ill go with this and............................kats should not be outside!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And that boys and girls is why SSS is so important. Shoot, Shovel, SHUT UP.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#39]
If I owned a vets office one of my employees posted something like that I would fire them. As a customer I would not trust or want someone like that caring for one of my pets. It would be different if it were an animal you typically hunt. But not an animal people keep as pets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I wonder what percentage of vets are vegetarians?

Judging by the comments at the end of the article posted in OP, they all should be.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I cant believe the tears are still falling in this thread over a cat and whether it was feral or not.  Keep your animals locked up simple as that.  I'm sure this will rustle the jimmies, but guess we have a shoot on sight policy for dogs we catch running thru our deer lease.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's a page which outlines the differences between "feral" and "stray." http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=712

I know that you ARF bad guys are going to try to wave this all away and say it means nothing. But public perception and what is commonly thought to be "feral" does play into this a lot. Whether you like it or not. If you think you have some God-given right to shoot any animal on sight, even Grandma's "Fluffy" who darted out the door a half hour ago, realize that you will face the backlash of the public. I know, I know, how unfair, you don't get to pick off the neighbors' cats with no consequences!
View Quote

If the cat was causing problems on her own property, good shoot regardless of the cat's social standing. But the stupid bitch still shouldn't have gloated about it on social media, so that was a good firing too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This !!!! What was she thinking ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. And by "odd" I'm thinking "incredibly stupid".

Plus that cat doesn't look feral to me. Vet or not, she's an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I cant believe the tears are still falling in this thread over a cat and whether it was feral or not.  Keep your animals locked up simple as that.  I'm sure this will rustle the jimmies, but guess we have a shoot on sight policy for dogs we catch running thru our deer lease.
View Quote

I am kind of curious about this, on what premise are you shooting stray dogs? A dog simply on your property is illegal to shoot. If its chasing deer, unless you have a game fence and purchased the deer they are not yours. Under what circumstances are you shooting these dogs? I guess I am missing something in your post and it would be easy to conclude you have posted about committing an illegal act unless you can clarify.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#47]
I applaud her shoot.  She should have known that others, less intelligent, would not.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I applaud her shoot.  She should have known that others, less intelligent, would not.
View Quote

We all applaud and stand in awe of your superior intelligence.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#49]
If a dog is outside, it's the same as being feral. I don't give a shit if buster  is the gentlest most lovable dog in the world, once he is outside he's a predator and an invasive species. His life should be ended by any means available.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure a more intelligent person would have been able to outsmart a house cat and trap it. She should have been aware of the law and been able to articulate why she did what she did. The icing on the stupid cake was posting on FB.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top