lol

Texas gun laws.
View Quote

15'er

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am celebrating it because it is a step in the right direction, my beloved Commonwealth of VA doesn't have constitutional carry yet.  Few states do and all states that don't are infringing,  Take the steps in the right direction and applaud them, keep pushing more and more 2A friendly legislation.  Every time a LEO sees a person open carrying and doesn't ask for their permit is a win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad to see I still have to pay for a right. I don't get why people are celebrating this.

I am celebrating it because it is a step in the right direction, my beloved Commonwealth of VA doesn't have constitutional carry yet.  Few states do and all states that don't are infringing,  Take the steps in the right direction and applaud them, keep pushing more and more 2A friendly legislation.  Every time a LEO sees a person open carrying and doesn't ask for their permit is a win.

Saw someone OCing at Arby's today. Said hi and ate my lunch. But again, we don't need no stinking permit
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
About time you Texans got with the program.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Now, put that where you talk out of.
View Quote

You apparently didn't, because if there is signage up the carrier has been given effective notice and it's still a class A. Don't you look stupid now.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/84R/amendments/pdf/HB00910H218.PDF

Here's a link. Try reading more slowly this time and look up the big words. Pay special attention to the last paragraph.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You apparently didn't, because if there is signage up the carrier has been given effective notice and it's still a class A. Don't you look stupid now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I don't.  Apparently you have not read it.

You are real good with the insults.  Too bad you aren't good with reality.

You just want to bitch.

Nice edit, but here is the last paragraph, complete with big words:

An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor
punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is
a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense
that, after entering the property, the license holder received
notice as described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to
depart.

You are so full of shit.  Notice the big words "after entering the property".  That means he/she has gone past the sign and someone has to give them notification,
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Saw someone OCing at Arby's today. Said hi and ate my lunch. But again, we don't need no stinking permit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad to see I still have to pay for a right. I don't get why people are celebrating this.

I don't need a permit to open carry in VA either.  It isn't good enough for me to stop lobbying for CC, I however will never denigrate those making steps in the right direction,
some sadly will, others here will not hide their contempt and call for more common sense gun control.   hope you enjoyed your Arbys mine has been hit or miss lately.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well now that the king state of gun laws has shown up I might need to quit chipping my teeth
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You just want to bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just want to bitch.

Read the link, and pay special attention to the last paragraph. Holy shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Liberals heads are going to implode.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Change your title.

It's not settled and we may need help and calls to finish the fight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]

It isn't the third-reading of the House you have to worry about - it is the concurring vote in the Senate.   This isn't done yet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just want to bitch.

I already responded to your edit.

Holy shit is right.  You have no fucking clue.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't need a permit to open carry in VA either.  It isn't good enough for me to stop lobbying for CC, I however will never denigrate those making steps in the right direction,
some sadly will, others here will not hide their contempt and call for more common sense gun control.   hope you enjoyed your Arbys mine has been hit or miss lately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very proud of Texas for getting this shit done. Seriously I am, but I definitely smirk a little when I read Texans on here talk g about how free of a state they are yet they are just now getting OC with a permit required
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just want to bitch.

So you read, but you didn't understand.

Legal signage constitutes notice now, it's a class A misdemeanor now to enter. If/when the amendment becomes law, walking past legal signage will still be a class A misdemeanor.

This is subsection "b"

(B)  a sign posted on the property that:
(i)  includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and
(iii)  is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Right, not a law yet. But, a done deal as it has been approved by both chambers. So, as the title says, Texas passes Open Carry.
View Quote

Texas Legislature approves it is the more appropriate title.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
OK Corral shoot outs will now be common /  thinning out of the TX population here
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I credit the brave open carriers for this win.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Legal signage constitutes notice now, it's a class A misdemeanor now to enter. If/when the amendment becomes law, walking past legal signage will still be a class A misdemeanor.

This is subsection "b"

(i)  includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)  appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and
View Quote

I believe the key is the new amendment states "after entering" so that would mean past the 30.06 notice posted outside.  So the "being informed" would be a verbal or secondary sign within the establishment thus being the point at which you voluntarily leave (class c) or refuse to leave (class a).  This was the intent of the bill that I got watching the amendment discussion.  Oops I missed that sign but thanks for pointing it out that I missed that.  Okay class c ticket.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I believe the key is the new amendment states "after entering" so that would mean past the 30.06 notice posted outside.  So the "being informed" would be a verbal or secondary sign within the establishment thus being the point at which you voluntarily leave (class c) or refuse to leave (class a).  This was the intent of the bill that I got watching the amendment discussion.  Oops I missed that sign but thanks for pointing it out that I missed that.  Okay class c ticket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is subsection "b"

30.06 signs are normally posted at the doorway to businesses, which are well inside the property. Notice under subsection b has to do with signage, don't see anything about being verbally told to leave. The intent of the amendment might have been good, but the wording is fucked imo.

Hopefully it gets clarified to something a bit more useful, because at this point, all it has done is set back the schedule on a bill that has a decent chance of passing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

30.06 signs are normally posted at the doorway to businesses, which are well inside the property. Notice under subsection b has to do with signage, don't see anything about being verbally told to leave. The intent of the amendment might have been good, but the wording is fucked imo.

Hopefully it gets clarified to something a bit more useful, because at this point, all it has done is set back the schedule on a bill that has a decent chance of passing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is subsection "b"

All signs I have seen are on the outside going in.  Never seen a sign in the parking lots or inside the establishment.  The "verbal" wasn't in there, but It would be presumed that it would be verbal by either an owner/employee pointing it out or by the police if they called them first.  One might just be told "hey cant you read the sign" and just be asked to leave without even getting the police involved and such would result in no charges.  Although I could see anti-carry purposely not say anything until the police showed up so that the charges would be issued.

I will be watching  when the Senate  take up that amendment, and maybe someone will clear up the confusion.  The intent was there to be a good thing, unlike some of the other amendments that were just being thrown in to delay or poison this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
OK Corral shoot outs will now be common /  thinning out of the TX population here
View Quote

The OK Corral thing didn't happen in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must have kept happening in California, so they got rid of open carry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It isn't the third-reading of the House you have to worry about - it is the concurring vote in the Senate.   This isn't done yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't think it needs a 3rd reading if it's reconciled with the Senate.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Article says it's "PA style" OC.  Gotta have a CCW to OC.  Which while it sounds odd does make things nice for CCW holders for those days when wearing something to cover a CCW rig is miserably uncomfortable.  Simply wear an OWB rig and a more comfortable shirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is it Virginia'esc open carry (w/o permit) or ..

Article says it's "PA style" OC.  Gotta have a CCW to OC.  Which while it sounds odd does make things nice for CCW holders for those days when wearing something to cover a CCW rig is miserably uncomfortable.  Simply wear an OWB rig and a more comfortable shirt.

You don't need a permit to open carry in PA.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

in ALL of Pa except for Philthy (Maybe also Harrisburg and Pitt???) OC  is nothing needed...a lot of guys from Jersey go to Pa to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
is it Virginia'esc open carry (w/o permit) or ..

Article says it's "PA style" OC.  
Gotta have a CCW to OC.  Which while it sounds odd does make things nice for CCW holders for those days when wearing something to cover a CCW rig is miserably uncomfortable.  Simply wear an OWB rig and a more comfortable shirt.

in ALL of Pa except for Philthy (Maybe also Harrisburg and Pitt???) OC  is nothing needed...a lot of guys from Jersey go to Pa to do so.

That's what I thought. I'm pretty sure you need a ccw to carry in a vehicle though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey everyone shitting on other states for what they do or don't have gun law wise:

Feel free to come join this thread and help improve gun laws in another state.

I'd love for yall to join TSRA, and if your state has a gun rights org that needs membership support that isn't listed let me know and I'll add it to the OP over there.

Or keep circle jerking about how you're awesome because you have X right so someone else can point out you don't have Y like they do and someone else can brag about Z.

One's useful, one is pathetic geographic dick measuring.  Feel free to participate in whichever one you think is more helpful to gun owners and the 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My commie state has had OC for quite awhile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My commie state has had OC for quite awhile

Quoted:
Now take off the training wheels and pass conceal carry withOUT a permit.

Quoted:
A fucking license to OC? Revenue source.

Quoted:
Oklahoma says, "welcome to the club Texas. Oh yeah, we're still redder than you"

Quoted:
Now you'll be as free as Connecticut.  

But Texas is somehow the capital of the free world!

I can't say too much. I can OC a pistol without a permit but not a long gun at all. The hippies in VT still have it better than most. Anything less than Constitutional Carry for "bearing rights" is like a Poll Tax for voting rights, imo. The more states going in the right direction the better.

You guys owe OCT a few beers. Maybe you can make a mash out of some Austin tears.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

But Texas is somehow the capital of the free world!

I can't say too much. I can OC a pistol without a permit but not a long gun at all. The hippies in VT still have it better than most. Anything less than Constitutional Carry for "bearing rights" is like a Poll Tax for voting rights, imo. The more states going in the right direction the better.

You guys owe OCT a few beers. Maybe you can make a mash out of some Austin tears.
View Quote
Lol wut?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It needs a third reading and a Senate concurrence vote.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which States would those be?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I'm very proud of Texas for getting this shit done. Seriously I am, but I definitely smirk a little when I read Texans on here talk g about how free of a state they are yet they are just now getting OC with a permit required
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's something that is good about the Texas political system in a way. It is specifically designed to make it hard for the legislature to pass too many bills. This can be good as it limits the governments ability to fuck things up too much but it can also be a bad thing as it can take a long time for things that even most Texans agree with to pass through the legislature.

One thing is for sure though, the stupidity the Democrats in your state pulled to pass their anti-gun bullshit would have been very hard to do with our system.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's something that is good about the Texas political system in a way. It is specifically designed to make it hard for the legislature to pass too many bills. This can be good as it limits the governments ability to fuck things up too much but it can also be a bad thing as it can take a long time for things that even most Texans agree with to pass through the legislature.

One thing is for sure though, the stupidity the Democrats in your state pulled to pass their anti-gun bullshit would have been very hard to do with our system.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet, none of those laws have been or are being enforced and we are pushing for constitutional carry. It's a very unique state and we faught like hell to try and make some changes
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude... it is fricking licensed OC...  That and we are the 45th state to get it.

It is like the last of your friends to get with a girl and they are talking it up and bragging about how they got to third base while the others are bedding a couple of hotties a week.

It is nothing to brag about.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Dude... it is fricking licensed OC...  That and we are the 45th state to get it.

It is like the last of your friends to get with a girl and they are talking it up and bragging about how they got to third base while the others are bedding a couple of hotties a week.

It is nothing to brag about.  
View Quote

Hey, if it's the first time that guy got to 3rd base, let him feel good about himself.  Nothing wrong with being happy with what you accomplished, even if it is later than everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yet, none of those laws have been or are being enforced and we are pushing for constitutional carry. It's a very unique state and we daughter like hell to try and make some changes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yet, none of those laws have been or are being enforced and we are pushing for constitutional carry. It's a very unique state and we daughter like hell to try and make some changes

I don't understand the use of the word daughter in your reply. At any rate, my point was merely that the slow moving government we have can be a good thing (and probably is most of the time).

I must say I admire the fight that was done with the recalls and wish Colorado nothing but the best. I must also apologize as my leftist brother recently moved to Denver and is probably adding to the Democrat vote.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:One's useful, one is pathetic geographic dick measuring.  Feel free to participate in whichever one you think is more helpful to gun owners and the 2nd Amendment.
View Quote

You know how I know you don't tend to hang out in the GD?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm annoyed that something as silly as open carry in texas gets so much attention here but i post a firemission to help get constitutional carry as well as numerous other bills involving ccw reciprocity campus carry less restrictive knife laws etc in NV and i get like 3 fucking replies in my thread. Unless I'm in the wilderness i never OC

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:25:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not entirely true. Even if it does get signed into law, (and yes, they've got MG's), but you can OC here without needing to get a very expensive permission slip from the state, despite it being an enumerated civil right.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now Washington has nothing over Texas.

Not entirely true. Even if it does get signed into law, (and yes, they've got MG's), but you can OC here without needing to get a very expensive permission slip from the state, despite it being an enumerated civil right.

Butbutbut Texas freest best state evar
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:40:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I believe the House has a third reading, THEN it goes to the Senate, THEN to the Gov.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:44:58 AM EDT
[#43]
I was going to congratulate TX on catching up with other freedom loving states, and then I saw that it is permisson-slip OC. Texas, I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Kansas
Vermont

Wyoming (residents only)
Idaho (while hunting/outside city limits)
Montana (while hunting/outside city limits)

And this one is kind of insane,
Oklahoma, but only for residents visiting from AK, AR, AK, KS, VT, and WY (or maybe just VT, not 100% sure how to interpret the statute). Not OK residents.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm annoyed that something as silly as open carry in texas gets so much attention here but i post a firemission to help get constitutional carry as well as numerous other bills involving ccw reciprocity campus carry less restrictive knife laws etc in NV and i get like 3 fucking replies in my thread. Unless I'm in the wilderness i never OC

View Quote

dude, you can drop nukes there with no effect. Clearly no one outside the borders of NV cares about NV.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OK Golden Corral shoot outs will now be common /  thinning out of the TX population here
View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was going to congratulate TX on catching up with other freedom loving states, and then I saw that it is permisson-slip OC. Texas, I am disappoint.
View Quote

These things have to be done in steps.  We'll get there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:45:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Welcome to party Texas!

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I predict a Tsunami of anti-gun signs will be posted in places that didn't have them before and CHL holders will be restricted in were they can go, even if they are carrying concealed.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top