User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
She's Not Pretty.

it doesn't matter how anyone else already working for me is dressed,
SHE is the one being interviewed not them

Though I also suspect that's not the full reason she didn't get the job.

They may have done a simple search on her and found something they didn't like.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Google her name the first page is all hits for her "issue", OnShift was contacted in an article and they said they had more qualified candidates. She's screwed herself out of a job for quite awhile.

article
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
This micro-aggression will not stand, man.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That purse doesnt go with that outfit
View Quote
I know. What the fuck? I'm no fashion expert and even I would have said she doesn't look like she has her shit together carrying that purse with that outfit. I don't think her outfit is a dealbreaker in a hiring process, but recruiters aren't normal people. They judge people on all sorts of dumb shit.

That said she burned a lot of bridges with her behavior and that company dodged a bullet.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
  If the story she tells is 100% accurate and tells the entire tale, she probably could hire a lawyer and get paid.
My guess is the same as yours - there were other reasons that were not shared with her.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly, if that is what she was wearing - and her story is accurate - then she SHOULD be angry.

My guess is that there's more to the story - probably her behavior during the interview, and not what she was wearing.

If the story she tells is 100% accurate and tells the entire tale, she probably could hire a lawyer and get paid.
My guess is the same as yours - there were other reasons that were not shared with her.

Why would she get paid? Companies can decide to not hire you for pretty much any reason unless it's your skin color or gender. Not looking professional enough to a company's hiring people would be a pretty common reason for not hiring somebody and perfectly reasonable/legal. However what she said is practically slander and THEY may have a case against her.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think they did the right thing. Her mind is full of victim hood garbage.

clue: dress professionally not casually to an interview. even if the office dresses casually. for an interview. You don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

clue: dress professionally not casually to an interview. even if the office dresses casually. for an interview. You don't.

Agree! ALWAYS dress at least one step above the office environment when going to an interview.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#7]
She probably just didn't notice the sign on the way in .

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't look that bad to me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Booby bang
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Smart move by the recruiter either way cuz that cunt would probably be an HR nightmare accusing everyone of sexism and harrasment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Based off her reaction it seems like they made a wise decision.  She probably would have been a drama factory in that company.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:47:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To be fair, I don't see anything wrong with what she's wearing.
View Quote

If that's how you dress up for an an interview i cant wait to see what she wears on casual Fridays. That would not fly in my office.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"I'm going to change the world"

LOL
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Video of the interview is here.

It explains a lot.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Okay, so I'm a recruiter at an agency and all I have to say is ... "We told you to dress professionally; what did you expect a few cocktails after the interview?"  HAHAHAHAHAHA- fucking clueless millennial know it all.  She probably also expects to come in when she pleases and get 4 weeks vacation.  She's a perma-temp or a candidate for gov't assistance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding.

I wore a suit to a Border Patrol oral board. Of the 30 or so people there only one other guy wore one, and only a couple of guys wore even a tie. Dipshits.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to this picture, she was 14 last summer

Ummm....what? Says class of '15.  Meaning she JUST graduated and has no idea  what is going on around her.

Speaking of which, here's the website she's standing in front of

When you go to the about us page you can see just how much she contributed to the piece of crap during the summer of '14.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
She didn't mention the gum snapping, nose picking, facial hardware or the Taco Bell farts. Ear/nose hair and hairy pits are not a plus either.

View Quote

Fucking epic    
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#19]
They should have given her a trophy and the album from 10 Years After.............................I'd like to change the world.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I was a bit sympathetic until she said she was going to change the world
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought fat people were supped to be jolly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Good luck getting a job after posting that online.....
View Quote

This. Looks to me like she was the one using her "sexuality" to try and influence the recruiter.
You can't have it both ways. Possible HR nightmare.
JMHO
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honestly, if that is what she was wearing - and her story is accurate - then she SHOULD be angry.

My guess is that there's more to the story - probably her behavior during the interview, and not what she was wearing.
View Quote

Agreed.  My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Guilty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Video of the interview is here.

It explains a lot.

http://youtu.be/XARMbTEGVDk
View Quote

That triggered the hell out of me, especially when the neckbeards showed up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What a stupid woman.  From what I understand most tech related employers do a search on the internet to catch stupid shit like that rant and I imagine her job prospects are going to be pretty few now.
View Quote

This right here.  What other stupid shit has she posted that they found and they are just using this as an excuse.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I wore a suit to a Border Patrol oral board. Of the 30 or so people there only one other guy wore one, and only a couple of guys wore even a tie. Dipshits.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get the job over them ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#29]
She cannot possibly know why she was not hired.  That's not how it works, ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely.

Law Enforcement = Suit/tie in a dark blue or grey color tone
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Damn!!  Her baseball name would be:  Lenny DYKEstra.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#33]
"Thank you for coming in for an interview, we will be in touch"

Door closes after she walks out.

"Arrogant cunt"

"Yep"

"Agreed"

Application and resume goes back to HR and we hire an intelligent, articulate woman who is a good team player.

Even if she is as fugly as the chick we're talking about.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Did she apply at the building behind her? It looks like a mental institute.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She probably just didn't notice the sign on the way in .

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=75404

View Quote

"No fat rolls inside the knees beyond this point."
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Better luck next time, fatty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
the choice of colors was in poor choice. Red and black both invoke negative emotions. She should have gone with white or blue or even green.
View Quote

I agree
..,when I think about red and black I see the University of Georgia the center of all evil and corruption . Go Gators!
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#38]

I wouldn't have hired her because her purse was a terrible match with that outfit.     I hire purely based on outfits alone.    

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Dodged a landmine with that one. Worse people skills than Tom Smykowski.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Maybe she got a bit of an attitude and started acting like "they needed her" similar to how her FB post was.
View Quote

No doubt.  "I'm lowering myself to your standards".  Lol, ok then.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#41]

in my field that would not pass muster. but i'm not a programmer  *shrugs*

as fate would have it, the dresscode once hired is biased towards women as they can wear any shirt with a pair of pants but men have to wear a shirt and tie.

I'm glad I finally found a job where I can wear jeans every day and show off my dirty hep C inky stains.

But I wore a suit and tie for the interview.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I will take her comments at face value.  I don't see a problem with her attire.  She looks like all the geeky female computer nerds on those highly-realistic cop shows who look like they just came from the used clothing shop.  But that is presented as the cultural standard.

How is her dress not in line with programming?  I don't know anything about the biz, but is anything more than bizcaz necessary?

We do objectify women.  We do like sexy.  But we also draw some very arbitrary lines not to be crossed.  These lines are often indecipherable.

I don't see her rant as particularly feminist.  If I were her, I'd be pissed, too.

View Quote

Software development as an industry has about hit the saturation point when it comes to women bitching about anything and everything.  I guarantee you they saw this chick being a boatload of trouble from a mile away and said NOPE; there is no way in hell she would have gotten the job and then not found something else to bitch about.

The fact that she went public with her rant in this way shows (1) she isn't aware of the growing backlash and (2) the interviewers probably guessed right.     I would not be surprised if she never finds work after this at any place not owned by someone sympathetic to her complaint.    All it's going to take is one google search, and nobody is going to want anything to do with her.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#44]
What I wear to interviews. They can't not hire me.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Typical over entitled cry baby who didnt get what she wanted and has to play the victim card.  

Fuck her.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I'm for one glad she came out and posted this atrocity along with her picture.

Now no one will hire her.

Thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#47]
who the fuck cares what anyone wears in a programming gig non customer facing..  show up on time for the interview, dress to the job (bank v. startup), know the job.  don't be an asshole, no one wants to work with assholes.  and not literally stink, you can be java jesus but take a fucking bath.

Programmers, and good engineers are some odd people for sure..

never had or given feedback to anyone in a real interview ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I thought fat people were supped to be jolly.
View Quote

I'm fat, and my brain doctor wrote "patient presents as a jovial male" in my medical records

I'm fucking jovial not jolly and don't you forget it
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I wouldn't have hired her.

I shake my head when I think about what I wore to interviews 20 years ago.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]
What a fat ugly disgusting she-pig cunt twat whore.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top