Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good Marines get out of the Marine Corps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You never hear anything like this from Marines, because Oooooorah! Motherfuckers.

The young Marine O-2's and O-3's I lived with in Helmand Province couldn't wait to get out.  And these guys were very sharp young men, full of potential.  They got tired of being treated like children and second guessed by their higher.

Good Marines get out of the Marine Corps.

Often this is the case, too often. People just get worn down by the BS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, after the Carter years the Reagan 80s started, and the people who stayed through all the Carter BS ended up building and leading the Reagan military.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Write fuck? Hell, you can't even have an "offensive" call sign anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i could not imagine having to try to be a hardcore infantry guy, while at the same time not offend women / gays,/ trannys/ crossdressers and anyone else who might be in my unit. seems like it would be fucking confusing as hell how to act / think.

"We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!"

Write fuck? Hell, you can't even have an "offensive" call sign anymore.

They would love our battery callsign from 93-94 at Benning; we were the Gigolos. I was Gigolo Red 3N. We got a new BC and we had to change it, he was offended by the callsign, other than that he was a great commander.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mandatory morale training raises my morale
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remember, after the Carter years the Reagan 80s started, and the people who stayed through all the Carter BS ended up building and leading the Reagan military.
View Quote

I was in junior high, dick head.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not happy then don't join or reenlist.
View Quote

I'm willing to bet that most of those unhappy soldiers will reenlist.  No sympathies from me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to the party, pal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If Obama was your Commander and Chief wouldn't your morale be low too? Imagine taking orders from an American hating communist
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you were old enough to be in the nam.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GAT

LOL

Like anyone answered those surveys honestly.
View Quote

Every GAT I've taken I've scored lower than the one before.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

get out there and get those 2404's done dammit,  chock blocks and drip pans too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been with my new unit for 4 months, for a transportation company I've done 0 driving and more paperwork than a JAG stenographer

get out there and get those 2404's done dammit,  chock blocks and drip pans too.

One of my new guys asked if we are a truck maintenance company instead of a signal company.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Allowing gays in the military have anything to do with these stats?
View Quote

Gays have always been in the military. They have little to do with low morale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Hmmmmmmmmm, what happened about 6 years ago that would have such a profound effect on troop morale?

Gee, I wonder.
View Quote

Obama has zero effect on troop morale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are there any consequences for this sort of thing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That sort of thing drove me absolutely insane.  Probably one of the top 5 reasons I didn't reup.

Get to work at 0600.. formation at 0630.. PT till 0800.  Formation at 0900.  Do absolutely fucking nothing till 1100.  Literally just sit on our asses, bored to death.  Back to work at 1300... go back to sitting around doing nothing.

Than like every other day.. 1645 rolls around.  E6 or so shows up, "we have a lot to do and we no one goes home until everything is done!"

WTF!  Why they fuck didn't they have us doing all this shit all day long!  But since they failed as leaders, we spent the normal duty hours doing nothing at all, then trying to do everything right at 1700.. so we worked until 1900 or so when it just wasn't necessary at all.

Are there any consequences for this sort of thing?

The junior enlisted get counseling statements for not being motivated enough. The E5's/6's get negative counseling statements and ncoers for not leading their troops good enough. Senior NCO's and leadership gets an ARCOM and waterwalking NCOER's/OER's for somehow keeping their troops so motivated they want to stay at the unit all day and in to the evening.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Endless deployments.  Any question why their demoralized?  Suicide among soldiers is high and I bet the almost non-stop  pace is a contributing factor.
View Quote

It's not. Most of those suicides are among those who haven't ever deployed, and believe it or not, have not enlisted in the last 14 years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They could issue Bibles like they used to.  I can say from experience that believing you're space-dust and nothing matters is depressing.  The military is probably a lot of my generation, very secular.  So, they've probably got that view.  The moral anarchy doesn't better morale.  Guys think if they can have their butt-sex or cross dress openly everything will be great.  Nah, the guilt and the emptiness will still be there.  They try to lash out at society as making them feel bad but it's inside them.  They're not gonna improve morale with atheistic psychology programs and sexual nihilism.  Our soldiers need the healing of a life changed by Christ.  It's unfortunate the military seems to be doing the opposite and trying to stamp out something truly helpful and life saving.
View Quote

Lol, no. Not by a fucking long shot. They want us to be monks these days and if you think Christianity isn't pushed/prevalent in the Army these days, you have no business opining on the topic.

The job of a soldier is to kill people and blow shit up. Soldiers that can't fuck can't fight and all that jazz.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I was ran off my unit due to bulldykes and nepotism.

Fuck morale and the bullshit setup.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/same-sex-rape-in-the-military-on-the-rise/

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When leadership and support from the top sucks morale will suck.

Very simple.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, Iwas one
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pathetic that the leadership throws money at a problem that could easily be fixed by getting rid of shitty leaders.
View Quote

But then there wouldn't be shitty leaders around to decrease morale and what would Joe bitch about to his stripper girlfriend?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Hmmmmmmmmm, what happened about 6 years ago that would have such a profound effect on troop morale?

Gee, I wonder.

Yeah, okay.  Others would disagree, others currently in and have commented in this thread but hey, you go right ahead and white knight for him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pathetic that the leadership throws money at a problem that could easily be fixed by getting rid of shitty leaders.
View Quote

In that case, they wouldn't be shitty leaders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah, okay.  Others would disagree, others currently in and have commented in this thread but hey, you go right ahead and white knight for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Gee, I wonder.

Lol, how is he White Knighting Obama by disagreeing with your post?  In the day to day scheme of things, the President has little to no effect on SM's.  It depends if you're looking at it from a micro or macro view.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Gee, I wonder.

Calling it an Obama problem is grossly oversimplifying it, and its not like everyone was loving life right up until '08.

Arguably the culture that would elect Obama does have some negative effects, but it's just something that "doesn't help".
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Has it ever really been great in any branch?

Maybe Cold War era?

Deployed during the Afghan and Iraq surges?

Being Navy we were always training, always underway working up for a deployment and then deployed.

Come back and start over. War or not. Only thing that would change was the color of the bombs...

I would say barring any of that it's leadership at the lower/mid levels that make the biggest different. Navy wise that was divisional on down, not departmental. IDGAF about the Dept boss or anyone that worked there.

When I first showed up in '98 the division was run by old Cold War guys and the Div-o was a good dude.

As people left and we got 'new school' leadership in the NCO and div-o level came in the quality and moral went to shit. NCO's and Div-O's lied and fucked over the guys. 99% of the division got out, those were good works, solid sailors that got fucked over so much that reenlisting wasn't even a thought. .5% had little choice but to re up and the other .5% were shitbags that knew they could skate for 20 years and retire...
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

My moral is low because we still have the ghey acu camouflage.
View Quote

Haven't worn ACU since November suckas

Also, RE deployments, I can only speak for a lot of the guys in my unit but if there's anything that makes us want to kill ourselves, it's NOT deploying. Garrison life sucks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Gee, I wonder.

Seriously, he doesn't matter. most guys I know hate him like any other red blooded Americans but to honest his shit policies are only guaranteeing another two decades of solid employment in the counter terrorism/shooting people business.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's not. Most of those suicides are among those who haven't ever deployed, and believe it or not, have not enlisted in the last 14 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Endless deployments.  Any question why their demoralized?  Suicide among soldiers is high and I bet the almost non-stop  pace is a contributing factor.

This.

Deployment came up and we had to fight people off from trying to go.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol, how is he White Knighting Obama by disagreeing with your post?  In the day to day scheme of things, the President has little to no effect on SM's.  It depends if you're looking at it from a micro or macro view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
6 years, you say?

Gee, I wonder.

You are so colossally wrong here it's astounding.

The President dictates to his cronies through the chains of command what he and they want the priorities to be. Since we are using the military as every Liberal wet dream microcosm of societal experimentation I'm actually surprised that the military hasn't all but folded.

I haven't seen morale in the military this low in twenty years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seriously, he doesn't matter. most guys I know hate him like any other red blooded Americans but to honest his shit policies are only guaranteeing another two decades of solid employment in the counter terrorism/shooting people business.
View Quote

Pretty much.

Foreign Policy Success.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Piss poor leadership and BS begets piss poor retention and morale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Very simple.
View Quote

This coupled with having to bunk, live with and or having to shower with openly gay guys has to have an effect on some I would think.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Maybe if the leadership stopped treating multi-deployed war vets like children they would have better morale. The nonstop political correct brainwashing trying to force soldiers to accept transgenders, gays and accusing everyone of sexual assault and racism is not helping things either. All DoD services should be color blind and the military is no place for liberal social experiments; sadly we are way past the point of return to getting back to the way things used to be.

It’s a crying shame what is happening to our military and the honorable folks serving, and the powers that be in DC wonder why morale is so low. It’s never a good sign for any organization (military or civilian) that has twice a year mandatory suicide prevention classes.
View Quote

Yep.  I remember coming back from deployment and sitting though all these reintegration classes and other bs.  Then they wanted us to fill out surveys about if the classes helped.  I told them if I was actually reintegrating back with my family instead of sitting watching idiotic videos and listening to a bunch of ass clowns talk about PTSD my mood would be much better.  I remember one video where they showed a guy going to a picnic and bringing his pistol, and one of the things they highlighted was "what do you need to bring a pistol along for, it is probably PTSD"  This is to a bunch of SF guys.  Of course we booed the video, which was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't really think it's any of that honestly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let see military did not want gays to serve openly in the military, gays can now serve openly.

Military did not want the wars we have fought to be just thrown away. They were thrown away.

Military did not want to be downsized while there was a terrorist threat. The Military being downsized with a growing terrorist threat.

We have a President who despises our country, our Constitution, and our Military.

Morale is down? I wonder why?

what do you think it is ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There have always been gays in the military, and when you live and work so closely with people you don't need them to come out in order to know.

In my experience nobody gave a shit about gay dudes as long as they were good soldiers. Obviously, some did, but they were a minority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have always been gays in the military, and when you live and work so closely with people you don't need them to come out in order to know.

In my experience nobody gave a shit about gay dudes as long as they were good soldiers. Obviously, some did, but they were a minority.

there is a HUGE difference between gay guys being in the military, and the military embracing gays and their "right to be out" in the military.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let see military did not want gays to serve openly in the military, gays can now serve openly.

Military did not want the wars we have fought to be just thrown away. They were thrown away.

Military did not want to be downsized while there was a terrorist threat. The Military being downsized with a growing terrorist threat.

We have a President who despises our country, our Constitution, and our Military.

The army is being run by protected class diversity hires and cowards who were hiding in garrison building up time in service/rank.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dont worry, once they get women into combat arms everyone will be happy because equality.
View Quote

He gets it
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The army is being run by protected class diversity hires and cowards who were hiding in garrison building up time in service/rank.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

there is a HUGE difference between gay guys being in the military, and the military embracing gays and their "right to be out" in the military.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No there isn't. No one willing to die for their nation should have to hide who they are. Plenty of pussies who never served a day willing to talk about how should be allowed to serve, plus the occasional homophobe veteran who's okay with smashing lady boys in port call.

The best part of DADT repeal is that people can't pretend to be gay to escape their enlistment - something that I have personally witnessed. What I haven't seen is fags running amok, stealing all the dick shaped parts from hmmvvs and turning barracks into man brothels.

If you want to pick something gay to complain about, we can talk about trannies the arfcom favorite.

I remember listeneing to a fucking weird ass larper/former tanker bitch  and moan about DADT repeal spelling doom for the army, then proceed to try and tell anyone who would listen about hs four hundred pound fucking ham beast wife getting rubber suited up and then chasing him around the house catch him and piss on him. "Don't knock it till you try it bro"

Please. I would rather hear about some dude getting his shit pushed in. How about we just maintain a semblence of professionalism and keep nasty home shit in our nasty homes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm willing to bet that most of those unhappy soldiers will reenlist.  No sympathies from me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This coupled with having to bunk, live with and or having to shower with openly gay guys has to have an effect on some I would think.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very simple.

not to mention that to complain about it, or even be overheard mentioning it in a less that supportive way would open you up to all sorts of negative attention, sensitivity training, missed promotions, etc.    and if the gays got a whiff that you weren't for them, they'd harrass you like mad, which would be a double-whammy of the cycle of negative attention because you CONTINUE to not be able to get along.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that sums up my experience. I went 3 years in Colorado where I never met a CSM who wasn't a short, fat dyke.
as others have said, deployments were the only thing that made it bearable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

not to mention that to complain about it, or even be overheard mentioning it in a less that supportive way would open you up to all sorts of negative attention, sensitivity training, missed promotions, etc.    and if the gays got a whiff that you weren't for them, they'd harrass you like mad, which would be a double-whammy of the cycle of negative attention because you CONTINUE to not be able to get along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very simple.

Still bullshit. You're full of it.

While being an "out and gay" person might get you the same double standards and exemption from low level discipline, most gay folks have to walk a much tighter line than everybody else due to SHARP sexual harassment claims (automatic career ended for anyone).

Please post your intimate knowledge of this "problem".

Tell me about how many gay troops you served with before and after DADT, and tell me how many gay troops you led/commanded.

Oh and explain to me why you support a Clinton policy. Is the mistreatment of a minority that gets your jimmies warm, or all the gay stuff?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

Lol, not this one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#47]
So if we were ever faced with an existential crisis with leadership like we have.....we're screwed. We civilians are on our own then?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So if we were ever faced with an existential crisis with leadership like we have.....we're screwed. We civilians are on our own then?
View Quote

Real leaders would arise eventually but a lot of men would die in the process.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

A real threat would allow real leaders to rise to the top. The toxic shitbags will implode under real conditions. We'd get the people we need. But it would be painful to get there.

Teh gays and Obamas Muslim conspiracy are not the reason morale sucked. The war a multiple tours were great for morale.
This "pivot to garrison" and "discipline" are what's driving this morale issue

Guys that 3 or 4 tours are now called shitbags and told to get out. Or driven out. I'm finishing my 20
I'll just suck the dick and keep moving on
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#50]
lol army's gross
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top