Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2374
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Holy shit OZ, I figured it was a refin but sounds like it's a factory nickel finish, you lucky duck.

A rare girl fo sho.
View Quote

I was bummed when word got out that Colt was looking at filing bankruptcy, as I was looking into getting one of those fancy factory letters for it.

Now that they got bailed out with that big money contract, I better get my shit together and get one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was bummed when word got out that Colt was looking at filing bankruptcy, as I was looking into getting one of those fancy factory letters for it.

Now that they got bailed out with that big money contract, I better get my shit together and get one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit OZ, I figured it was a refin but sounds like it's a factory nickel finish, you lucky duck.

A rare girl fo sho.

Hey that's a good idea,  I was thinking about getting one for my mom's Smith and Wesson revolver.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's nice looking..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright, got distracted by the SP1 thread.

Here ya go OZ.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh632/SixSquared9/IMG_20151003_184637127_HDR_zpsif7gfoif.jpg

That's nice looking..

Thanks OT. Not quite sure what to do with it?????? I mean, it must weigh 5 pounds and there is not a holster in existence that would make it practical.

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hey that's a good idea,  I was thinking about getting one for my mom's Smith and Wesson revolver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A rare girl fo sho.

Do it. I think it runs like $50 or so IIRC, but for such a special gun I think it'd be worth it, especially if you plan to hand it down to your kids.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks OT. Not quite sure what to do with it?????? I mean, it must weigh 5 pounds and there is not a holster in existence that would make it practical.

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice looking..

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.

That thing has to be a tack driver especially with that barrel.

Those MKII's don't have the magazine disconnect crap or that LCI like my new MKIII do they?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do it. I think it runs like $50 or so IIRC, but for such a special gun I think it'd be worth it, especially if you plan to hand it down to your kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just looked into the S&W factory letters and got this.....

Request the history of your S&W handgun

Due to the overwhelming success for Smith & Wesson history letters the current wait time is 4 to 5 months. It has always been the goal of Smith & Wesson to provide its Customers with service in a timely manner. Because of the high demand and extended lead time we are temporarily suspending the acceptance of any new requests so that we may concentrate on the current backlog.

Please contact us after December 31, 2015 for further information and updates.

Going to go wander over to the Colt site now. Wish me luck
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those MKII's don't have the magazine disconnect crap or that LCI like my new MKIII do they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice looking..

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.

Yep.

Nope.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Due to the overwhelming success for Smith & Wesson history letters the current wait time is 4 to 5 months. It has always been the goal of Smith & Wesson to provide its Customers with service in a timely manner. Because of the high demand and extended lead time we are temporarily suspending the acceptance of any new requests so that we may concentrate on the current backlog.

Wow.

Good luck with Colt OZ.

OT, you may have to kick back and wait a bit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here ya go OZ.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh632/SixSquared9/IMG_20151003_184637127_HDR_zpsif7gfoif.jpg

That's nice looking..

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.

I would go HereFor a lighter weight and more accurate barrel and action kit.
Then shoot the ever living shit out of it. If you find out it's super rare put all the old parts back on. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:00:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wow.

Good luck with Colt OZ.

View Quote

Just checked the Colt site and it looks like it's about $100 along with filing out a general info form i.e. serial number, special features, etc.

So not too bad just twice the price, but no 5-6 month wait.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Then shoot the ever living shit out of it. If you find out it's super rare put all the old parts back on. But that's just me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here ya go OZ.

That's nice looking..

Oh wait, now I remember.

'Murica.

Naw, these 10" MKII's are actually somewhat rare and have moved into collector status. I'd rather buy a MKII in a common barrel length or a MKIII to tinker with. Thanks for the link though M1.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:55:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just checked the Colt site and it looks like it's about $100 along with filing out a general info form i.e. serial number, special features, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Good luck with Colt OZ.

Having that gun vetted by the factory before the next foray into bankruptcy might be well worth the $100 in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, slow night.

Did us old fogeys talking third leg and antique guns kill the teener thread?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:00:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Damn, slow night.

View Quote

It sure looks like it.

I'm going to be calling it a night here soon. I'm trying to stay up and finish watching the Oregon game.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:02:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry guys watching football refurbishing a bench and drunk
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.   I guess I'm waiting until December. Yea i will do my mom's pistol, I didn't even know she still had it until after she died.   I was the executor of the estate and had a house and storage rooms full of stuff to go through.   It was in a box that had not been open since the late 80s.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:09:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I got the girls a talking dog soccer movie and promptly fell asleep within the first 5 minutes  of the thing.   Now they loved it but for anyone else,  it sucked.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:13:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It sure looks like it.

I'm going to be calling it a night here soon. I'm trying to stay up and finish watching the Oregon game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, slow night.

It sure looks like it.

Yeah, me too. Need a shower. Night fellas.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll have to post her up when you're done.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow.   I guess I'm waiting until December. Yea i will do my mom's pistol, I didn't even know she still had it until after she died.   I was the executor of the estate and had a house and storage rooms full of stuff to go through.   It was in a box that had not been open since the late 80s.
View Quote

Sucks about the wait but, I'm glad you found it OT, It's those kinds of finds that make going thru old boxes thoroughly worth it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, slow night.

It sure looks like it.

Goodnight SS!

I'm almost done too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What this guy said. Sounds like its going to be a pretty sweet bench Patch!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:19:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got the girls a talking dog soccer movie and promptly fell asleep within the first 5 minutes  of the thing.   Now they loved it but for anyone else,  it sucked.
View Quote

Sounds like a good night OT.

We watched the first Star Wars movie with the 7&4 year olds tonight.

We all enjoyed it, I hadn't seen it in quite some time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:22:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me put it this way... Ive been drinking all day and I just happened to have 2 cans of black paint a can of black plastidip and 5 cans of Foilage green
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Night OZ, off for a shower beer and bed fer realzzz this time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:25:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Let me put it this way... Ive been drinking all day and I just happened to have 2 cans of black paint a can of black plastidip and 5 cans of Foilage green
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you drank the paint and sprayed the bench with beer?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:28:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sucks about the wait but, I'm glad you found it OT, It's those kinds of finds that make going thru old boxes thoroughly worth it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea my sister did a walk around d of all the stuff to deal with.   She said I should donate everything and then promptly left town.   It took me about 2 years to go through it all.   Thank God I didn't take my sisters advice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet,  never to young to learn the force.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:31:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's star wars
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:59:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had two of those three covered.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Went to a BBQ. Got drunk. Watched football. Good night indeed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:39:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Plastidip makes a good bench surface
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:47:04 AM EDT
[#35]
what up hos???
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what up hos???
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Got my buddies rock island armory 1911 last night. I don't think he's put 200 rounds through it even.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:49:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Here ya go OZ.

View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#39]
My fuckin Irish screwed the pooch last night. Turnovers and drops killed them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My fuckin Irish screwed the pooch last night. Turnovers and drops killed them.
View Quote

Dabo has made Clemson a great team in reality. The weather was terrible too, but Tech has pretty much bombed . Same thing happened to tech last time Paul Johnson got an extension .
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:17:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#42]
No coyote hunting after all. I forgot I was supposed to go on a hike. 12.8 miles round trip.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/Ventana_Canyon_8520.asp
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No coyote hunting after all. I forgot I was supposed to go on a hike. 12.8 miles round trip.

View Quote

Pepper your angus..
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The pink cock is why I'm still here.
View Quote

BAD KITTAY!
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a good one,  it can be tricky to stay on the trail.   Are you going to do mt Kimball?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Are you going in your tier one operator gear? Take pics of any asses that you run into
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Are you going in your tier one operator gear? Take pics of any asses that you run into
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brown Tan cargo pants and a Burton snowboard tee shirt?  Is that acceptable?   That's all I got....

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Good morning everyone
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top