View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want my suppressor dammit    Anyone else catch the ares armor drama

oh no, more??? linky????

WTF happened now?

ares fired the 'owner' in a super shitty douchey press release...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I have been watching 80% reciever milling vids.   I know a had given advice in here before on milling one so I'd like to offer a few pointers.  

1) Dremel should never be used

2) purchase the correct bits and end mills don't just use what you have.   Tooling selection is important

3) (I kept seeing this on you tube and makes me cringe) use a milling table (x,z capable) with a vice even if your using a drill press.  Do not hold your jig by hand.

4) I would keep cut depths to a minimum and always leave at least a 1/32 for your finish pass.  Remember you can always take more metal off.  

5) for this type of work your gonna wanna push some good speed.  For 7075  at at least 1000 rpm would be ideal to keep chatter down.  

6) always double check your quil stops.  (That thing that controls x axis travel)

7) triple check everything measure 10,590 times cut once.  

8) use a lubrication.  

9) don't let chips bind up

10) make sure you have proper measurement instruments

I am considering purchasing a cheap press and table from harbor freight to do a video on this if I can find the time.
View Quote

fuck yeah do it
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So I have been watching 80% reciever milling vids.   I know a had given advice in here before on milling one so I'd like to offer a few pointers.  

2) purchase the correct bits and end mills don't just use what you have.   Tooling selection is important

3) (I kept seeing this on you tube and makes me cringe) use a milling table (x,z capable) with a vice even if your using a drill press.  Do not hold your jig by hand.

4) I would keep cut depths to a minimum and always leave at least a 1/32 for your finish pass.  Remember you can always take more metal off.  

5) for this type of work your gonna wanna push some good speed.  For 7075  at at least 1000 rpm would be ideal to keep chatter down.  

6) always double check your quil stops.  (That thing that controls x axis travel)

8) use a lubrication.  

I am considering purchasing a cheap press and table from harbor freight to do a video on this if I can find the time.
View Quote
Very good points, all of them. I wish I could find the time to finish the one i started....

I want a mini mill in the worst way, but a drill press is probably what I will end up with.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

8) use a lubrication.  

View Quote

Do It! I have!
I used the 80% Arms "easy jig" and have produced a few nice lowers!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Stumbled across this guy on Pandora today, thought I'd share him with the country fans of the Teener thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUugQSwgB4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsHxmLYsBa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z_Azr_eHLo
View Quote

Nicely done sir. Way to set the tone and break it up a bit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
fuck me....

my credit card really wants me to buy this fucking thing...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fuck me....

View Quote

Goddamnit,  I  like that too.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I said fuck So Cal, would that help.....lol!

N Cal! FTMFW!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its easy but you must fuse it,  i have my AC on a bypass with a inline fuse.

Guess I'll know if I have to tomorrow. Never used a voltmeter before.

I am really tempted to say fuck it and get something like this

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/plarge/30003.jpg

Shit Mr Smiley, I wish I lived closer to ya! I could get that shit fixed for ya!

To try to talk you through it as a guy that has experience in electrical in automotive, to a guy that does not have the knowledge (you), shit would be lost in conversation.

Unless you want to grab a case of beer and take a drive!

Norcal or Socal?

If I said fuck So Cal, would that help.....lol!

N Cal! FTMFW!

Just for the sake of trying. What do you think I should do?

I might not have the knowledge, but I'm a pro at using google

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
fuck me....

View Quote

At $200+ off it's a deal....It's about priority's though and what you can or could use first or get more enjoyment out of for me.

I always fall for guns first.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do It! I have!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

8) use a lubrication.  

Do It! I have!

If I do it I wanna use what most people will be able to buy / afford so that it will be helpful for people.  308 looks fun.   It really is very simple machine work, but than again machining is my career .
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At $200+ off it's a deal....It's about priority's though and what you can or could use first or get more enjoyment out of for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck me....

That had been my action the last few years, but now I haven't bought one in a while . I have too many wants, not enough needs, and stuff around the house that needs to take some priority for a while .
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Mr Smiley!

to continue.....

Do you know how to read a wiring diagram? Positive(b+) starts at the top and goes to the ground at the bottom. (b-). Do you have a wiring manual for your truck?

Unless I am mistaken, your lights work all of them but the brake lights.

Do you have power at the switch on the brake pedal?

if yes, you likely have a brake pedal switch issue,,,,,,if not, it will be difficult to guide you, but I am willing to do that!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I bet if I had half a hour I could fix that thing.
And it wouldn't require a new fuze box. Scorched plastic has nothing to do with the metal tabs it plugs into.
The fuzes that is.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Mr Smiley!

to continue.....
Do you know how to read a wiring diagram? Positive(b+) starts at the top and goes to the ground at the bottom. (b-). Do you have a wiring manual for your truck?

if yes, you likely have a brake pedal switch issue,,,,,,if not, it will be difficult to guide you, but I am willing to do that!

View Quote

Correct, brake lights are the only only issue (well I don't have a horn but that's not related to the fuse box)

Wiring diagrams...

My box

I haven't had a chance to check the brake switch but lets assume it's not getting power...

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I just noticed that the fuse for my brake lights has been moved...And the terminal it supposed to be in is missing a prong...

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Correct, brake lights are the only only issue (well I don't have a horn but that's not related to the fuse box)

Wiring diagrams...

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a444/cshaw07/cucvchargecircuit.jpg

http://www.motormayhem.net/wp-uploads/2009/11/fuse-panel.jpg

My box

http://i.imgur.com/SyeAv1G.jpg

I haven't had a chance to check the brake switch but lets assume it's not getting power...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr Smiley!

to continue.....

Wiring diagrams...

My box

Let us not assume anything! Do you have b+ at the brake light switch on the pedal? that is one good place to check!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:15:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I bet if I had half a hour I could fix that thing.

And it wouldn't require a new fuze box. Scorched plastic has nothing to do with the metal tabs it plugs into.

The fuzes that is.
View Quote

Go on...

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Let us not assume anything! Do you have b+ at the brake light switch on the pedal? that is one good place to check!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mr Smiley!

to continue.....

Wiring diagrams...

My box

I still have to get a voltmeter

I'll head down to wally world and get a cheap chicom one for the time being...Hope that will work

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Also the wiring diagram you added a few posts up was useless! It showed the charging circuit and nothing else!

What year is that blazer? I will look into it more at work tomorrow! When I have the info available to me.

I cant imagine the basic wiring is different from the civilian version!
At least for the basics that you are having issues with!

Without some testing on your truck, I am betting the issue is the brake lamp switch on the pedal!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I may have missed it a few pages back, but did you check bulbs smiley? .
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I may have missed it a few pages back, but did you check bulbs smiley? .
View Quote

Yes

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So it has been a while since I’ve been in Seattle’s airport. It seems like they’ve added more hippy feel good to it . The guy walking around cleaning the stalls after everyone left them was a nice addition though .
View Quote

Last time I was there they had some good art work hanging up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:35:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Also the wiring diagram you added a few posts up was useless! It showed the charging circuit and nothing else!

What year is that blazer? I will look into it more at work tomorrow! When I have the info available to me.

Without some testing on your truck, I am betting the issue is the brake lamp switch on the pedal!
View Quote

It's a bit different then a civi blazer on account of the 24v/12v hybrid system, but it shares some commonality. Its an 1984

I'll head to wally world here in a few hours and report back with my findings. I'll be really happy if its the brake switch.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm taking him to his hotel (not sure which one it is yet) and he flys out tomorrow. He called and said he won't be here for like an hour! Da fuq man I gotta get up early.

At this rate I won't be in Phoenix till 9 or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got off work and now I get to drive to Phoenix and back. Fml.

When are you dropping him off? At what terminal.

I'm taking him to his hotel (not sure which one it is yet) and he flys out tomorrow. He called and said he won't be here for like an hour! Da fuq man I gotta get up early.

At this rate I won't be in Phoenix till 9 or so.

He needs the shuttle. Tucson the sky harbour for 35 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's a bit different then a civi blazer on account of the 24v/12v hybrid system, but it shares some commonality. Its an 1984

I'll head to wally world here in a few hours and report back with my findings. I'll be really happy if its the brake switch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I get the 24v/12v side of things! And that pertains to the diagram you posted! But I am thinking the regular lighting is no different than the civilian model!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't get your panties in a bunch seejay, I'm alive. Been enjoying the time off for the 4th and prepping for the annual guys weekend camping trip. SO MUCH AMMO TO LOAD.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:26:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm watching this stupid ass TV show about the wwe divas with the wife... At least these hoes are kinda hot
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:27:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm watching this stupid ass TV show about the wwe divas with the wife... At least these hoes are kinda hot
View Quote

Lol my wife watches that
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:36:25 AM EDT
[#30]
I've put over 1k miles on my truck since I bought it
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:49:41 AM EDT
[#31]
The wife watched a show called Orange is the new black. Plenty of nudity, only reason I complied.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post I mean miles whore...

I'm actually surprised you've put that much on there considering all the issues you've had...
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He's going all Dick Proenneke on us!

I think Dash is going to try and homestead up there...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gone but not forgotten.  

how much longer you in AK for?

He's going all Dick Proenneke on us!

I think Dash is going to try and homestead up there...

I just might buy some dirt up here. Headed out tomorrow. Then over to Idaho Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't get your panties in a bunch seejay, I'm alive. Been enjoying the time off for the 4th and prepping for the annual guys weekend camping trip. SO MUCH AMMO TO LOAD.
View Quote

I was worried bout ya. May have even missed ya a little.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back from Phoenix? I guess the Exploder did ok.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:01:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I'm actually surprised you've put that much on there considering all the issues you've had...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably why there are so many issues. With only 80k put on it in 30 years, this is probably the hardest it's ever been driven

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:05:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I really want to build a rifle with an RRA UTE2 upper. Would make for a cool unique AR.

The only thing that would suck is finding a non f marked FSB
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have a mid length gun and a measuring tape?

Will a 9.25 inch rail fit behind a mid length fixed FSB?

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

My rail measures from the front of receiver to the front sight at 9.25 inches.9 1/4
Yes it's a fixed FSB.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

My rail measures from the front of receiver to the front sight at 9.25 inches.9 1/4

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell yeah it made it. The exploder will never die!

And holy fuck am I tired! Didn't get back till almost 1!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Got some new leather last week.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Got some new leather last week.

<a href="http://s153.photobucket.com/user/waynemclain/media/photo%2010_zpsmvvylvyk.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/waynemclain/photo%2010_zpsmvvylvyk.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s153.photobucket.com/user/waynemclain/media/photo%209_zpsvrw6hyxy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s211/waynemclain/photo%209_zpsvrw6hyxy.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks purrty.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Seejay have you tried your hand at making any sheaths for knives out of kydex?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

No but I have plans to. It shouldnt be hard. If you wanna try yourself I have some scrap pieces lying around that are too small for a holster but should work perfectly for a sheath. I can send ya a few pieces and some eyelets if you want. I have some metal belt clips/loops I'm not gonna use too. That would be easier then you sending me your knife that you'd probably never get back.

Just ask Dash. He sent me a TLR and he'll never see it again.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I want to make a kydex small of back knife sheath for my Gerber LMF. I would never use it but they look sick.

" />
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No but I have plans to. It shouldnt be hard. If you wanna try yourself I have some scrap pieces lying around that are too small for a holster but should work perfectly for a sheath. I can send ya a few pieces and some eyelets if you want. I have some metal belt clips/loops I'm not gonna use too. That would be easier then you sending me your knife that you'd probably never get back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah no joke. All I see is crummy 1911 holsters.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha I would be more worried about some USPS worker snagging it than you not sending it back, if you wanted to send me some of your scrap pieces I'd appreciate it, wouldn't mind seeing how bad I can fuck it up  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Haha I would be more worried about some USPS worker snagging it than you not sending it back, if you wanted to send me some of your scrap pieces I'd appreciate it, wouldn't mind seeing how bad I can fuck it up  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What colors? I have scrap black, coyote, multicam, and maybe red but I'll have to check when I get home to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm gonna do yours tonight real quick. The single piece ones are a lot faster and easier to do and that way I can get you your stuff back. I just need to find something to wrap your light since it's round. The apl being square makes it a lot easier.

And did anyone else want a single piece "taco" style? I realized I never asked.

This is a "taco" style.
" />
" />
" />
" />
Page / 2374
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top